这么多年她一直以为我们都死了
The poor dear thought us dead all these years,
所以把照片留在了壁炉架上作纪念
so had kept them on her mantelpiece in memoriam.
钢铁造就了伟大建筑
Steel for great buildings.
钢铁造就了桥梁 钢铁造就了汽车,
Steel for bridges. Steel for motor cars.
索菲娅当时大概只有九岁
Zsófia could have only been nine years of age at the time,
但她的脸和表情不可能认不出来
but her face and expression are unmistakable.
钢铁造就了火车和铁轨
Steel for trains and for rails.
我自留了一张 别的都附上了
I have included all but one
钢铁造就了飞机
Steel for planes.
以防这封信没能送到你手上
in case this letter does not reach you.
我会把它放在胸口
I will keep it near my breast,
让我们的家族贴近心口
our family tree against my heart.
钢铁造就了战争的枪♥械♥与和平的机械
Steel for the guns of war and the machinery of peace.
拉斯洛
László,
这是否意味着我们不久就可以团聚了
does this mean we might meet again soon?
钢铁
Steel.
你的埃尔兹贝特
Yours, Erzsébet.
第二章 美之核心 1953年至1960年
右边还是左边 -左边
Right or left? - On the left.
她们会不会错过了我们
Could they have walked past us?
我纽约的同僚确定她们到了
My associate in New York confirmed they made it on.
那是她们吗
Is that them over there?
不 不是
No, that is not them.
索菲娅
Zsófia?
索菲娅 是 是她
Zsófia. That is... that is her.
索菲娅
Zsófia!
索菲娅
Zsófia!
怎么回事
What's happened?
抱歉没有告诉你
I'm sorry I didn't tell you.
怎么了
What happened?
不一定是终身的
It might not be permanent.
怎么了 谁伤了你吗
What happened? Did someone hurt you?
是饥荒导致的骨质疏松
It's osteoporosis from the famine.
我会去染发 我知道很难看
I'll dye my hair. I know it's ugly.
奥蒂洛人呢
Where's Attila?
我怕要是你们有什么事耽误了
I did not want him to be disappointed
他会失望就没叫他
if you were delayed for any reason.
亲爱的索菲娅
Zsófia, dear.
索菲娅
Zsófia.
欢迎来到美国
Welcome to America.
很高兴
How wonderful
终于见到你本人了
to finally make your acquaintance.
我们有时还怀疑
There was a period of time there
你是他编造出来的
where we thought he had made you up.
能见到伟大艺术家思想家的至亲
Isn't it fascinating, meeting the significant others
难道不是一件乐事吗
of great artists and thinkers?
谢谢您关照我的拉斯洛
Thank you for taking care of my László.
作为有一定特权的人来说
As persons of unique privilege,
我一直认为我们有责任
I've always thought it's our duty
去培育划时代的人才
to nurture the defining talents of our epoch.
当然了 我本人缺乏这方面的天赋
I, of course, am devoid of any such talent.
实话讲 我
Truth be told, I...
我对他这类人有很强的好胜心
I am incredibly emulous of individuals like him.
您谦虚了 范·比朗先生
That mustn't be true, Mr Van Buren.
您自己也非常厉害
You have done very well for yourself.
父亲就想听些赞美的话
Father's digging for compliments.
别纵容他
Don't indulge him.
您的住所非常漂亮 -是吗
The property is beautiful. - Isn't it?
埃尔兹贝特
Erzsébet...
抱歉 我念对了吗
Pardon me, am I pronouncing that correctly?
已经很好了
That's fine, just fine.
您愿意的话可以直接叫我伊丽莎白
Feel free to call me Elizabeth if you prefer it.
你的英语说得非常好
And your English is impressive.
谢谢 我在英国上过大学
Thank you. I attended university in England.
是吗 哪里
Oh. Where?
牛津 我主修英语
Oxford. To study English.
为了交流回到家乡
And I returned home for communications.
你有用到英语的地方吗
And did you do anything with that?
有 我为家乡一所全国知名报社
Yes. I worked for a popular national paper at home,
撰稿《匈牙利民族报》
Magyar Nemzet.
你是记者啊
Huh. A journalist. Hmm!
报道文化方面吗 -外交事务
Cultural? - Foreign affairs.
看来你能帮你丈夫
Well, perhaps you can help your husband
改改口音 免得听起来像擦鞋的
sound less like he shines shoes for a wage.
你没跟他们说过任何有关我的事吗
Haven't you told them anything about me?
拉斯洛 你来这里多长时间了 四五年了吧
László, how long have you been here now? Four, five years?
你没有借口可找了
You have no excuse anymore.
抱歉 我有点忘乎所以了
I'm sorry. I got a little carried away there.
请你把那个再递回来好吗
Will you please pass that back?
省了一便士呢
A penny saved.
梭菲娅 对吗
Sofia, is that right?
索菲娅
Zsófia.
索菲娅
Zsófia.
索菲娅
Zsófia.
她能听懂英语吗
Does she understand English?
能 -能
Yes. - Yes.
能 她都能听懂
Yes. She understands very well.
男以背后的这位女人
The woman behind the man.
拉斯洛 方便说句话吗
László? May I have a word?
怎么了 先生
Yes, sir?
莱斯利建议我们
On Leslie's recommendation,
把你的方案给另一位建筑师过目
we've shown your plans to another architect.
什么 给谁
What? Who?
就是一位和我们合作过
Just somebody we worked with
市中心百货公♥司♥的人
on the department store downtown.
有些许改动之处
These are minor changes.
都是一些能让我们省到钱的地方
Places they thought we might save a penny.
拉斯洛
László?
莱斯利就是个混♥蛋♥了-对 没错
Leslie is a bastard. - Yes, he is.
所以我们聘用他
That's what we pay him for.
女士们 很高兴今晚能见到你们
Ladies...
抱歉我还给你准备了玩具
I'm sorry for the toys.
我印象里你还是个孩子
I remembered you as a little girl.
看看你母亲
Look at your mother.
我妹妹很漂亮 不是吗
My sister was beautiful, wasn't she?
哪怕她病着 也依然很美
Even when she was ill, she was so beautiful.
你生气了吗
Are you angry?
因为我没告诉你我的情况
Are you angry with me for not telling you about my condition?
要是你想和我吵架
If you want to start a row with me,
我不如趁机锻炼一下英语
I might as well work out my English.
行了 你英语水平没有问题
Stop it. Your English is perfectly all right.
那就是个没趣的笑话 他说你像擦鞋的
It was an unimaginative joke he told about you shining shoes.
明天我会带你去见个人
Tomorrow, I will take you to see someone.
一位专家
A specialist.
别生我的气
Don't be angry with me.
你是不是不想和我在一起了
Do you not want to be with me anymore?
别胡说
Stop this nonsense.
你觉得我老了吗
Do you think I look older?
我们都老了
We are older.
你不能对我说些好话吗
Can't you say anything kind to me?
我爱你 你这个婆娘
I love you, you cow.
你可以碰我
You can touch me.
我不想
I don't want to...
我不想伤到你的身体
I don't want to hurt you, physically.
你不会的
You won't.
我会做梦
I had dreams.
每晚我都梦到和你在一起
Every night, I dreamt I was with you.
我知道你都干了什么 拉斯洛
I know what you've done, László.
没关系的
And it's all right.
你在说些什么
What are you talking about?
我都知道
电影精选列表