放在侧边怎么样
being off to the side like that?
我不确定
I'm not sure.
看起来像座军营
I think it looks like a barracks.
大概因为你没参过军吧 哈利
Well, that's perhaps because you never enlisted, Harry.
我觉得这是个很棒的惊喜 继续吧
I think it's all a great surprise. Keep going.
让我来演示一下
Let me demonstrate.
当太阳东升西落时
When the sun travels from east to west,
塔楼基座的木梁
wooden beams located at the base of the towers
因为光照会交汇形成十字架图案
will unite to form the symbol of a cross upon the altarpiece,
投射在祭坛画上
when they are illuminated.
太棒了
Extraordinary.
多美妙啊
How wonderful.
玛姬 能叫人送些咖啡来吗
Maggie, will you call for some coffee?
托斯先生 我觉得这很美
I think it's beautiful, Mr Tóth.
胤呗
Thank you.
那些结构有多高
Well, what's the height of those things?
都是六七米左右高吗
Six or seven metres also?
我刚才没听错的话
And did I understand you correctly,
占地面♥积♥超过八十万平方英尺吗
over 800,000 square feet of surface area?
如果我们能负担得起这些材料的话 范·比朗先生
Well, if we can afford these materials at all, Mr Van Buren.
可以从塔拉迪加县船运锡拉科加大理石过来
Sylacauga marble ships out of Talladega County,
如果我动用些人情
and that might be possible
或许可行
if I manage to swing a few favours.
恕我直言 负担得起这些材料吗
With all due respect, afford the materials?
先生 混凝土既坚固又便宜
Sir, concrete is sturdy and cheap.
混凝土 不够美观
Concrete? It's not very attractive.
或许我们可以在材料上折中
Perhaps we could split the difference on materials.
遗憾的是 建筑上的美学
Fortunately, the building's aesthetic
不由你决定 伍德罗先生
is not yours to resolve, Mr Woodrow.
锡拉科加大理石白如纸张
And Sylacauga marble is white, like a sheet of paper.
而我选用的是蓝灰色调 带柔和纹理
What I have here is blue and grey with a softer veining.
我觉得意大利材料更合适
I prefer the Italian. It's more suitable.
我得做些调研 不过
Well, I'll have to do some research but...
我认识一个能手
I know someone talented.
是我之前合作过的意大利石匠
An Italian mason whom I have commissioned before.
我差点忘了还有个细节 名字
Oh, another detail before I forget. The name.
社区名字要显眼
I want to make sure it's visible, yeah.
先生 这真是您设想的模样吗
Sir, is this really what you imagined?
我是否遗漏了什么
Am I missing something?
哈利来电时
When Harry called,
他说这是个私人项目
he described this to me as a personal project.
如果最终定案
If this is what we ultimately settle on,
是这种规模
something of this scale,
工期必须大幅放宽
the timeline will need to be considerably adjusted.
我宁愿按照18%的利率活着
I'd rather be alive at 18 percent
也不想为了最优利率等到死 莱斯利
than dead at the prime rate, Leslie.
我们不会超出预算
We will not exceed our allocations.
你祖母钟爱大理石
Your grandmother loved marble.
我保证
I assure you.
哈利 和市长办公室
Where are we at with our discussions
谈得如何了
with the mayor's office?
他们在等我们回复 -很好
They're waiting on us. - Good.
催他们推进
Push them along.
不错 -谢谢
It's good. - Thank you.
该死
Shit.
早啊 莱斯利
M-Morning, Leslie.
别告诉我你还没起床
Don't tell me you're just now getting up.
我两分钟就能收拾好
Two minutes and I'm ready.
给你三分钟 顺便冲个澡
I'll give you three if you use it to rinse off.
那就三分钟
Three.
我在外面等
I'll wait outside.
大日子啊
Big day.
大日子啊 醒醒
Big day. Wake up.
市长可没时间等你一整天 莱斯利
The mayor hasn't got all day, Leslie.
没事的 哈利
We're fine, Harry.
你父亲会一起来吗
Will your father be joining us as well?
不 恐怕他在海外出差
No, he's overseas on business, I'm afraid.
但他致以问候
He sends his regards.
他很在意这个项目
This is a project he's very passionate about.
这个项目是我们的首要任务
It's a priority for us.
他想知道明天能否和您
He asked if he could telephone you tomorrow
在电♥话♥里好好聊聊
to talk it all through.
当然 要看您是否方便
At your convenience, of course.
没问题
Well, sure.
我办公室的西尔维娅
Sylvia in my office
可以将时间定在明天下午的任何时候
can set for just about any time tomorrow afternoon.
抱歉
Apologies.
这 很独特
Well, this is, um... different.
很现代
Very modern.
是的 -好吧
Yes. - All right.
那就说下你的想法
Walk us through what you have in mind.
仅施工阶段
The construction phase alone
就能创造八十多个当地的工作岗位
will create upwards of 80 local jobs.
木匠 油漆匠 完工后会达到一百五十多个岗位
Carpenters, painters, upwards of 150 upon completion,
届时 该设施需要长♥期♥配备人员
at which point the facility will need to be permanently staffed.
你什么时候回答我们提出的问题
When are you gonna answer the questions in the box?
好的
Right.
好的
Right.
在今晚讨论开始之前
I would also like to address
我也想回答一些
some of the written concerns and comments
匿名写给我们的问题和评论
submitted to us anonymously ahead of tonight's discussion.
关于我个人背景的问题
Questions probing my personal background,
你们也许想知道我的民族传统和意识形态
heritage and ideological persuasion, if you will.
我作为外国人
As a foreign person
作为道尔镇的外来者
and a newcomer to Doylestown,
我看到了社区的需求
I see a community in need.
而这是我唯一在意的部分
And this is my only persuasion of relevance.
范·比朗先生是慷慨的赞助人 也是虔诚的新教♥徒♥
Mr Van Buren, a generous patron and practising Protestant,
而我将为大家建造一个你们乐意
and I will build a place you will be drawn to congregate
汇聚一堂祈祷敬拜的地方
and inspired to worship.
请大家放心
You may rest assured
我们一定会尊重道尔镇的传统
that we will honour the traditions of Doylestown.
玛格丽特·李·范·比朗创作活动中心将充分体现本镇文化
The Margaret Lee Van Buren Centre for Creation and Activity will be its manifestation.
这座地标建筑不仅会展现新意
A landmark which proclaims not only "I am new",
也是本镇整体的一部分
but "I am part of the new whole".
请递给我那个 叫什么来着
Please to pass the, um... How do you call it?
手电筒
No, the torch.
对
Right.
这是小教堂的内部布局
Here we have the chapel interior.
里面可容纳一百一十九人
It is suitable for 119 persons.
这是拂晓
At dawn.
这是日落
At sunset.
这是正午 -真巧妙
At noon. - Oh, that's clever.
当今世界上
One of the most basic commodities
最基础的商品之一
of the world today,
发源于一个小镇
and it had its humble beginnings in a little town
该镇坐落于宾州的青山之间
nestled between the green hills of Pennsylvania.
拉斯洛
László!
收到你的信后我花了几个月时间
It has taken some months to obtain the items which Mr Hoffman requested
才收集到霍夫曼先生要求的材料
since receiving your letter.
它就是钢铁
Steel.
我一开始不知道该怎么办
I was at a loss at first,
但我突然想到去联♥系♥我们在布达楼上的邻居霍瓦特夫人
but suddenly thought to contact our upstairs neighbour in Buda, Mrs Horváth!
也许没有什么
Perhaps no one factor
比得上宾州的钢铁
has been of greater importance in the forward march
在美国发展进程中的重要性
of American progress than Pennsylvania steel.
她给了我几张家庭合照
She was able to provide me with several family photographs
能清晰地看到婚礼当天 你 我
that clearly picture you, myself, and Zsófia
索菲娅和她母亲
with her mother on our wedding day.
钢铁
Steel.
电影精选列表