Victims of blunt force trauma
钝器创伤的受害者
can, on extremely rare occasions,
会开♥发♥出令人惊叹的能力
exhibit extraordinary outcomes.
一个从没弹过钢琴的女人 不幸摔裂了头骨
A woman who's never played piano fractures her skull in a fall,
一天内竟弹起了拉赫曼尼诺夫
masters Rachmaninoff in a day.
一个棒球迷被时速90英里的棒球击中头部
A baseball fan takes a 90-mile-per-hour foul ball
醒来后发现仅一个下午
to the head and wakes to discover
他就学会了一门外语
he can learn a foreign language in an afternoon.
这怎么可能
How is that possible?
他们的大脑
Their brains,
要怎么说呢 就像是被重连了
for lack of a better word, are rewired,
解锁了隐藏的能力
unlocking hidden abilities,
理论上这些能力其实我们都有
abilities that, at least theoretically, we all possess.
而她的天赋则是象棋
And Jane's talent was chess?
不是
No.
不完全是
Not exactly.
(观察第11天)
她遭受的脑损伤 激活了她的额叶和顶叶皮质
The brain injury Jane suffered lit up her frontal and parietal cortex.
将军
Checkmate.
那些区域主要负责模式识别
Those areas responsible for pattern recognition, problem solving,
解决问题 批判性思维
critical thinking.
象棋高手们依赖的也是这些区域
The same areas of the brain chess masters rely on.
(观察第23天)
区别在于 象棋高手的这些能力只涉及象棋
Caveat is their abilities start and stop with chess.
但在她身上则不一样
In Jane Doe, they didn't.
后天学者症候群可以解释
Acquired savant syndrome
她呈指数增长的解码能力
would explain the exponential acceleration of her ability
吸收信息的能力
to decode and assimilate information,
以及手眼协调能力 但是
the hand-eye coordination,
无法解释的是 为什么她会失去记忆
but what it doesn't explain is why her memory was all but erased.
以及性格的改变
Or the personality change.
我的猜测是
My theory?
创伤不仅重连了她的大脑
The trauma that rewired her brain
同时也切断了所有没必要的神经网络
also unplugged any unnecessary neural networks.
对于什么而言没必要
Unnecessary for...?
对于生存
Survival.
大脑的额叶也是我们做出 “战斗或逃跑”决策的区域
The brain's frontal lobes are also where our fight-or-flight decisions are made.
(观察第62天)
我认为象棋对她的吸引力并不是策略
I think the appeal of chess wasn't strategy...
而是战斗
...but combat.
我不知道意外前她的生活是怎样的
I don't know what Jane's life was like prior to the accident,
但不管她入院时是什么样
but whoever she was when they brought her in...
(观察第62天)
她离开时已经完全不同了
...wasn't the same person who left.
在接下来的几个月里 她变得…
Over the following months, she became
(观察第105天)
越来越孤立 具有攻击性
increasingly isolated. Aggressive.
直到有一晚
Until one night,
她把一名值班保安打晕了
she beat a security guard unconscious,
拿走了他的枪
took his gun...
从此消失了
...and disappeared.
你说她几乎失去了所有记忆
Y-You said her memory was all but erased.
那后来她有想起任何事故前的事情吗
D-Did she retain any memory of her life before the accident?
家人 孩子 任何事
Family, kids, anything?
对 这个问题我也问过她很多遍
Yeah, I asked her that exact question multiple times.
只有一次 她好像想起了什么
Only once did she come up with something.
那回到家人的问题
Let's go back over family.
你有任何关于孩子 或者丈夫的记忆吗
Um, any memory of children or a husband?
《黄鼠狼跑了》
"Pop! Goes the Weasel"?
不如 我们订个晚餐
So, should we order in some dinner?
讨论下经费补助 下一步怎么操作
Discuss the grant? Next steps?
申请表就在我车上
Uh, the applications are in my car.
我马上回来
I'll be right back.
连这个女人 是不是在我手底下工作都不知道
You're asking me to divulge the identity of a woman
你就要我透露她的身份给你
who may or may not be under my employment.
我知道她在为我们卖♥♥命 巴图
I know she works for us, Batu.
那么 你是怎么知道的
And, uh, you know this how?
我拒掉的那一半工作
Half those jobs I turned down...
我只是
I just...
想和她谈谈 仅此而已
I just want to talk to her. That's all.
和她谈谈
Talk to her?
为什么
Why?
是家事
It's-it's a family thing.
不用告诉我
Don't tell me.
要不是因为某些很麻烦的原因
The one man I'd terminate
我愿意不收钱干掉那个家伙
for free minus one very inconvenient fact.
我知道 因为他是我哥
I know. He's my brother.
不是
No.
是因为我怕他杀光我的杀手
He might kill all my killers.
没错
我要睡了
I'm going to bed.
布莱斯顿
Braxton,
告诉我那个杀人机器现在不在你的身边
tell me that engine of destruction isn't with you now.
是的 先生 他不在
No, sir, he is not.
因为上次你处理家事的时候 差点毁了我
Because the last time you had a family thing, it nearly ruined me.
彼此彼此
Makes two of us.
既然你在洛杉矶 -怎么了
Since you're in Los Angeles... - Yeah?
我们有一个新客户
We have a new client
他自家的杀手搞不定一个活儿
whose in-house hitter isn't getting the job done.
我先把照片发给你
Sending a photo now.
等我们谈成后 再给你具体指示
Instructions to follow only if we engage.
(玛莉贝丝麦迪娜)
如果我需要你帮忙
I will let you know soon
我会尽快联♥系♥你的
if I need your services.
(西班牙语)“想想华雷斯”
"Piensa en Juárez."
华雷斯 为什么是华雷斯
Juárez. Why Juárez?
“我没有孩子
"I don't have kids."
我没有孩子”
"I don't have kids."
为什么伊迪丝桑切斯不给她父亲打电♥话♥
Why didn't Edith Sanchez call her father?
不好的后果
Negative consequence.
她父亲很危险还是…
Is her father a danger?
一所学校
A school.
那不是一所学校 是吗
It's not a school, is it?
那是
It's a...
一所监狱
It's a prison.
为什么
Why?
因为你
Because of you.
伊迪丝是担心你
Edith was afraid for you.
担心他们会伤害你
Afraid they would hurt you.
(合同已转派)
(解除任务)
麦迪娜在民宿
Medina's at the Airbnb.
打电♥话♥给她 然后报♥警♥
Call her, then the police.
这么做明智吗
Is that wise?
你的身份是联邦监狱的逃犯
You're an escaped convict from a federal penitentiary.
还有别的事吗
Anything else?
我们找到伊迪丝桑切斯了
We found Edith Sanchez.
雷金被杀不是因为他在找伊迪丝
Ray King wasn't murdered because he was looking for Edith.
而是因为他找到了她
He was murdered because he found her.
马上打给玛莉贝丝
Call Marybeth now.
告诉她我马上到
Tell her I'm on my way.
还有 我们得找到伊迪丝的儿子阿尔贝托
And we need to find Edith's son Alberto.
他被当作囚犯关在华雷斯
He's being held as a prisoner in Juárez.
好的 克里斯 明白了
Okay, Chris. Understood.
喂
Hello?
有人要来杀你
Someone's coming to kill you.
玛莉贝丝
Marybeth?
喂
Hello?
喂
Hello?
放下枪 放下枪
Drop it. Drop it!
转过去
Turn around.
我是联邦探员 你找错人了
I'm a federal agent. Big mistake.
除非你的名字不是玛莉贝丝麦迪娜
Only if your name is not Marybeth Medina.
举起手
Hands!
双膝跪地
Down on your knees.
电影精选列表