你在想什么?
What are you thinking about?
我只是在想。
I was just thinking.
关于什么?
About what?
我希望你能先给我写信,因为那意味着你喜欢我。
I was hoping you'd write me first because that would mean you liked me.
我的写作和喜欢你有什么关系?
What's my writing first got to do with liking you?
哦,那么你真的喜欢我了?
Oh, you do like me then?
我当然知道。
Of course, I do.
我喜欢你胜过我遇到的任何女孩。
I like you better than any girl I ever met.
但你不喜欢我先写吗?
But you don't like me well enough to write first?
我看不出一件事和另一件事有什么关系。
Well, I don't see how one thing's got anything to do with the other.
但女孩子不能先写,因为她是女孩子。
But a girl can't write first because she's a girl.
嗯,那是胡说八道。如果一个女孩有什么东西要写,而一个男人没有,那她没有理由不先写。
Well, that's nonsense. If a girl has something to write about and a fellow hasn't, there's no reason why she shouldn't write first.
我来的头三天你愿意为我做任何事。
You know, the first three days I was here you'd do anything for me.
然后你变了。
And then you changed.
你以前很有趣的。
You used to be a lot of fun.
然后突然间,你就变成了一个酒鬼。
Then all of a sudden, you turned into an old sobersides.
为什么,为什么,你穿得像个老酒鬼。
Why, why, you even dress like an old sobersides.
有什么事吗?
What's the matter?
我只是碰巧想起一件事。
I just happened to remember something.
什么?
What?
哦,我知道。
Oh, I know.
因为这是我们最后一次在一起。
It's because this is the last time we'll be together.
玛丽,请。
Mary, please.
但是,克拉伦斯,一个月后我回来的时候我们再见面。
But, Clarence, we'll see each other in a month when I come back.
克拉伦斯,请先给我写信,这样我才能知道你有多喜欢我。
Oh, Clarence, please write me first because that will show me how much you like me.
好吗?
Please?
我会让你知道我有多喜欢你。
I'll show you how much I like you.
——起床。起来!——啊。
- Get up. Get up! - Ah.
哦。哦!
Oh. Oh!
哦,玛丽,别这样。
Oh, Mary, don't do that.
求你了,别这样!
Please, don't do that!
现在你会认为我只是一个大胆的女孩。
Now you'll think I'm just a bold and forward girl.
哦,不。不,不是那样的。
Oh, no. No, it's not that.
是因为今天是星期天吗?
Was it because it's Sunday?
不,哪天都一样。
No, it'd be the same any day.
哦!你只是不想让我坐在你腿上。
Oh! You just didn't want me sitting on your lap.
你能帮我真是太好了。
Oh, it was nice of you to do it.
我很好,所以你叫我起床?
It was nice of me so you told me to get up?
你只是不忍♥心让我坐在那里。
You just couldn't bear to have me sit there.
对了,你不必先写信给我。
Oh, and you needn't write me first.
你根本不必给我写信。
You needn't write me any letters at all.
因为我不会把它们撕开。
Because I'll tear them up without opening them.
我再也不想见到你。
I never want to see you again.
哦,玛丽。玛丽,听我说,玛丽,拜托。
Oh, Mary. Mary, listen to me, Mary, please.
哦,玛丽。
Oh, Mary.
克拉伦斯。
Clarence.
是的,爸爸?
Yes, father?
那位年轻的女士在哭。她在流泪。
That young lady's crying. She's in tears.
这是什么意思?
What's the meaning of this?
对不起,爸爸。都是我的错。
I'm sorry, father. It's all my fault.
无稽之谈。那女孩想对你做什么?
Nonsense. What's that girl trying to do to you?
不,不,她不是。
Oh, n-no, no, she wasn't.
这是. .我,我……
It was.. I, I..
不管你们在吵什么,克拉伦斯我很高兴你坚持住了。
Well, whatever the quarrel was about, Clarence I'm glad you held your own.
爸爸,我得有一套新衣服了!
Father, I have to have a new suit of clothes!
你得把钱给我!
You've got to give me the money for it!
年轻人,你知道你是在对你父亲说话吗?
Young man, do you realize that you're addressing your father?
对不起,爸爸。我道歉。
I'm sorry, father. I apologize.
但你不知道这对我有多重要。
But you don't know how important this is to me.
一套新衣服很重要。
A new suit of clothes is so impor..
哦,为什么. .
Oh, why should..
克拉伦斯,你需要新衣服和那位年轻女士有什么关系吗?
Clarence, has your need for a new suit of clothes anything to do with that young lady?
是的,爸爸。
Yes, father.
为什么,克拉伦斯。
Why, Clarence.
哦。
Oh.
哎呀,这真让我大吃一惊。
Why, this comes as quite a shock to me.
什么,爸爸?
What does, father?
你太…成熟了。
Well, you're being so...grownup.
不过,我也许早就知道了。
Still, I might have known.
如果你今年秋天要上大学…
If you are going to college this fall..
是啊,你已经到了见女孩的年纪了。
Yes, you're at the age when you'll be meeting girls.
克拉伦斯,有些关于女人的事我觉得你应该知道。
Clarence, there are things about women that I think you ought to know.
坐下来。
Sit down.
是的,我觉得让你听我说总比你自己去学好。
Yes, I think it's better for you to hear this from me than to have to learn it for yourself.
克拉伦斯•. .
Clarence..
…女人并不像你想象的那样是天使。
...women aren't the angels that you think they are.
首先,让我来解释一下。
Well, now first, let me explain this to you.
你看,克拉伦斯,我们男人要统治这个世界这可不是件容易的事。
You see, Clarence, we men have to run this world and it's not an easy job.
这需要努力,需要思考。
It takes work and it takes thinking.
一个人必须通过推理来解决问题。
A man has to reason things out.
现在你娶了一个女人。
Now you take a woman.
一个女人认为. .
A woman thinks..
不,我说错了。
No, I'm wrong right there.
女人根本不思考。
A woman doesn't think at all.
她被激怒了。
She gets stirred up.
她会因为最令人困惑的事情而激动。
And she gets stirred up over the most confounded things.
现在我像爱任何男人一样爱我的妻子,但这并不意味着我就应该支持一堆废话。
Now I love my wife just as much as any man but that doesn't mean that I should stand for a lot of folderol.
我对天发誓,我不会容忍♥这种事的!
By God, I won't stand for it!
代表什么,爸爸?
Stand for what, father?
这是我唯一不会屈服的事。
That's the one thing I shall not submit myself to.
克拉伦斯,如果一个人认为某件事不对他就不该这么做。
Clarence, if a man thinks a certain thing is wrong he shouldn't do it.
如果他认为那是对的,他就应该去做。
If he thinks it's right, he should do it.
这和他爱不爱他的妻子毫无关系。
Now that has nothing to do with whether he loves his wife or not.
-谁说的,爸爸?——他们所做的。
- Who says it has, father? - They do.
——谁吗,先生?——女人。
- Who, sir? - Women.
他们会被激怒,然后他们也会试图激怒你。
They get stirred up and then they try to get you stirred up too.
但别让他们这么做,克拉伦斯。
But don't you let them do it, Clarence.
别让他们这么做。
Don't you let them do it.
现在,如果你能在辩论中保持理性和逻辑,一个人当然能坚持自己的观点。
Now, if you can keep reason and logic in the argument well, a man can hold his own, of course.
但如果他们能改变你
But if they can switch you
很快,争论就变成了你是否爱他们。
pretty soon the argument's about whether you love them or not.
我发誓,我不知道他们是怎么做到的。
I swear, I don't know how they do it.
但别让他们得逞,克拉伦斯。
But don't you let them, Clarence.
别让他们得逞。
Don't you let them.
我明白你的意思了,爸爸。
I see what you mean so far, father.
如果你不观察自己,爱情会让你做很多你不想做的事。
If you don't watch yourself, love can make you do a lot of things you don't wanna do.
“没错。”
'Exactly.'
但如果你留心并知道如何处理女人…
But if you do watch out and know just how to handle women..
然后你就会没事的。
Then you'll be alright.
一个人要做的就是要坚定。
All a man has to do is be firm.
你知道有时候我必须对你妈妈严格要求。
You know how sometimes I have to be firm with your mother.
是的,但是,爸爸,他们哭的时候你能怎么办?
Yes, but, father, what can you do when they cry?
嗯。
Hmm.
嗯,这是个相当大的问题。
Well, uh, that's quite a question.
你只需要让他们明白你这么做是为了他们好。
You just have to make them understand that what you're doing is for their good.
我明白了。
I see.
克拉伦斯,你很了解女人。
Now, Clarence, you know all about women.
——但是,爸爸。——是的,克拉伦斯?
- But, father. - Yes, Clarence?
我以为你要告诉我…
I thought you were going to tell me about..
——什么?——对女人。
- About what? - About women.
克拉伦斯,有些事是绅士不应该讨论的。
Clarence, there are some things gentlemen don't discuss.
你想知道的我都告诉你了。
I've told you all you need to know.
你要记住的是要坚定。
The thing for you to remember is be firm.
玛丽,等你到了春田镇
Mary, when you get to Springfield
你做的第一件事…
the very first thing you..
哦,上帝!
Oh, God!
怎么了,克莱尔?怎么了?
What's the matter, Clare? What's wrong?
坐下来,维尼。
Sit down, Vinnie.
哦,克莱尔,科拉和玛丽马上就要走了。
Oh, Clare, Cora and Mary are leaving any moment now.
坐下来。
Sit down.
电影精选列表