维尼,克拉伦斯得学会不要对他的衣服太苛刻。
Vinnie, Clarence has to learn not to be so hard on his clothes.
可是,爸爸,我想——
But, father, I thought--
你秋天就要在耶鲁大学开学了。
You're starting Yale in the fall.
你会全副武装的。
You'll be completely outfitted.
但今年夏天什么都没有。
But nothing this summer.
我能把你的一套旧西装裁剪一下吗?
Can I have one of your old suits cut down for me?
我的每一套西装都有很多可穿的地方。
Every suit I own still has plenty of wear in it.
我的衣服一直穿到穿坏为止。
I wear my clothes until they're worn out.
如果你想把衣服穿破的话
Well, if you want your clothes worn out
克拉伦斯穿得比你快多了。
Clarence can wear them out much faster than you can.
是的,父亲,你从来都没机会把自己耗完。
Yes, and, father, you never get a chance to wear yours out.
每次你有了新一批衣服,妈妈就把旧的送去传教士那里。
Every time you get a new batch of clothes mother sends the old ones to the missionary barrel.
我想我跟老传教士没什么两样。
I guess I'm just as good as any old missionary.
克拉伦斯,在你把自己比作传教士之前记住他们所做的牺牲。
Clarence, before you compare yourself to a missionary remember the sacrifices they make.
我不知道,维尼。
Oh, I don't know, Vinnie.
我觉得我的衣服穿在克拉伦斯身上比穿在霍屯督人身上好看。
I think my clothes would look better on Clarence than on some Hottentot.
把我那套深色西装改小点,让你穿。
Have that, uh, dark suit of mine cut down to fit you.
谢谢你,爸爸。
Well, thank you, father.
爸爸的一套西装。谢谢您,先生。
One of father's suits. Thank you, sir.
作为回报,克拉伦斯我要你多练习小提琴。
In return for that, Clarence I want you to practice more often on your violin.
惠特尼,别吃那么快。
Whitney, don't eat so fast.
爸爸,我今天要投球了。
Well, father, I'm going to pitch today.
但在我走之前,我得学习一下教义问答。
But before I go, I have to study my catechism.
你为什么要这么麻烦?
What do you bother with that for?
因为如果他连教义问答都不懂
Because if he doesn't know his catechism
他还不能得到确认。
he can't be confirmed.
但是,威尼,惠特尼今天会投球。
But, Vinnie, Whitney's going to pitch today.
他随时都可以被确认。
He can be confirmed any old time.
克莱尔,有时候我觉得你根本不在乎你的孩子能不能上天堂。
Clare, sometimes it seems to me you don't care whether your children get to heaven or not.
哦,惠特尼会去天堂的。
Oh, Whitney will get to heaven alright.
我会在你之前赶到的,惠特尼。
I'll be there before you are, Whitney.
我会送你进去的。
I'll see that you get in.
惠特尼,等我们到了天堂我们自己组织一支棒球队。
And, Whitney, when we get to heaven we'll organize a baseball team of our own.
——好。——嗯。
- Good. - Hmm.
要像你一样,在那里运行东西。
Be just like you to try and run things up there.
据我所知,天堂似乎是个很不正经的地方。
Well, from all I've heard about heaven it seems to be a pretty unbusiness-like place.
他们可能需要我这样的好人。
They could probably use a good man like me.
你凭什么确定他们会让你进天堂?
What makes you so sure they'll let you in to heaven?
好吧,如果他们不这样做,我一定要大吵一架。
Well, if they don't, I'll certainly raise a devil of a row.
克莱尔,我希望你到了天堂能好好表现。
Clare, I do hope you'll behave when you get to heaven.
现在,维尼,. .
Now, Vinnie, what..
维尼,我跟你说过多少次了不要雇一个不懂怎么服侍人的女佣?
Vinnie, how many times have I asked you not to engage a maid who doesn't know how to serve properly?
克莱尔,你没看到她是新来的,正在努力吗?
Clare, can't you see she's new and doing her best?
她把盘子举在我头上,我怎么能自己上菜呢?
How can I serve myself when she's holding that platter over my head?
-小声点,安妮。——是的,女士。
- Hold it lower, Annie. - Yes, ma'am.
我们昨天的那个怎么样了?
What became of the one we had yesterday?
我不明白你为什么不能雇个女佣。
I don't know why you can't keep a maid.
哦,你不!
Oh, you don't!
你为什么不能像我管理办公室那样管理你的家呢?
Why on earth can't you run your house the way I run my office?
我要的只是服务。
All I want is service.
那是什么鬼声音?
What the devil's that noise?
——这是安妮。——安妮?安妮是谁?
- It's Annie. - Annie? Who's Annie?
女服务员。
The maid.
我买♥♥了,安妮。
I'll take it, Annie.
克莱尔,你不觉得羞耻吗?
Clare, aren't you ashamed of yourself?
我又做了什么?
What have I done now?
你那样对她说话,把她弄哭了。
You made her cry, speaking to her the way you did.
我从没跟她说过一个字。
I never said a word to her.
我是在对你说话。
I was addressing myself to you.
我真希望你能更小心些。
I do wish you'd be more careful.
雇个女佣已经够难的了而这身制♥服♥正好适合她。
It's hard enough to keep a maid and the uniform just fit this one.
“出什么事了,克莱尔?”有什么问题吗?”
'What's the matter, Clare? What's wrong?'
以什么名义…
What in the name of..
嗯,你从哪里来?
Well, where did you come from?
-你是谁的?-她是我的,爸爸。
- Who do you belong to? - She's mine, father.
她的名字叫公主。
Her name is Princess.
我觉得他更像王子。
Hmm, looks more like a prince to me.
-玛格丽特,这培根很好吃。——哦。
- Margaret, this bacon's good. - Oh.
-挺好的。——是的,先生。
- Well, it's good. - Yes, sir.
哈兰,你的手指怎么样了?
Harlan, how's that finger?
“过来,让我看看。”
'Come here, let me see it.'
是的,父亲。
Yes, father.
啊,是的,愈合得很好。
Ah, yes, that's healing nicely.
下次猫不喜欢被抱的时候你就知道了。
I guess you'll know the next time that cats don't like to be hugged.
可以抚摸它们,但不要挤压它们。
It's alright to stroke them, but don't squeeze them.
现在回去吃完你的燕麦粥。
Now go back and finish your oatmeal.
我不喜欢燕麦片。
I don't like oatmeal.
干下去,把它干完。这对你有好处。
Go on and finish it. It's good for you.
但是我不喜欢它。
But I don't like it.
我会告诉你你喜欢什么,不喜欢什么。
I'll tell you what you like and what you don't like.
你还太小,不知道这些事。
You're not old enough to know about such things.
你没有理由不喜欢燕麦片。
You've no business not to like oatmeal.
的——它很不错。-我讨厌它!
- It's good. - I hate it!
够了!我们不讨论这个。
That's enough! We won't discuss it.
马上把燕麦片吃了!
Eat that oatmeal at once!
啊。
Ugh.
约翰,那封信是给你妈妈的。
John, that letter's for your mother.
我吃完了燕麦粥,爸爸。我可以离开一下吗?
I finished my oatmeal, father. May I be excused?
好的,惠特尼,你可以走了。投一场好球。
Yes, Whitney, you may go. Pitch a good game.
我会的。
I will.
惠特尼。
Whitney.
是的,母亲,我的教义问答。
Yes, mother, my catechism.
今天早上没关系,亲爱的。在运行。
Never mind this morning, darling. Run along.
谢谢你,妈妈。
Thank you, mother.
玛格丽特,这是什么?
Margaret, what is this?
-咖啡,先生-这不是咖啡
- Coffee, sir. - It is not coffee.
你不可能用水和咖啡豆就能得到它。这是污水。就是这样。
You couldn't possibly take water and coffee beans and arrive at that. It's slops. That's what it is.
污水!把它搬开。
Slops! Take it away.
我每天早上饿着肚子来到这张桌子前
I come down to this table every morning hungry--
克莱尔,如果你饿了为什么不吃早餐呢?
Well, if you're hungry, Clare why aren't you eating your breakfast?
我是。
I am.
朱蒂丝阿姨要我过去看她。
Aunt Judith wants me to come up and visit her.
维尼,我不想在这房♥子里再有亲戚了。
Now, Vinnie, I want no more relatives in this house.
我们要自己住在这里,安安静静地,舒舒服服的。
We're going to live here by ourselves in peace and comfort.
克莱尔,我是说朱蒂丝阿姨要我去看她。
Clare, I was saying Aunt Judith wants me to visit her.
——哦。-吃你的燕麦片,亲爱的。
- Oh. - Eat your oatmeal, dear.
这到底是什么?
What on earth is this?
亲爱的朋友日,我们将把史坦顿岛的独家经营权转让给你出♥售♥"宝石"家庭弹窗爆米花。
Dear friend Day, we are assigning you the exclusive rights to Staten Island for selling the Gem Home Popover Popcorn.
我想那是给我的,爸爸。
I think that's for me, father.
那为什么不寄给小克拉伦斯·戴?
But then why isn't it addressed to Clarence Day, Jr.?
哦,它是。
Oh, it is.
我可不想跟爆米花扯上关系,克拉伦斯。
I wouldn't get mixed up in popcorn, Clarence.
太难以消化的。
It's too indigestible.
混淆了!纽黑文又一艘沉船。
Confound it! Another wreck on the New Haven.
女士,请原谅,有个包裹要付一美元。来自Lewis & Congers。
If you please, ma'am, there's a dollar due on a package. It's from Lewis & Congers.
“哦,对了,是我点的那些菜刀。”
'Oh, yes, those kitchen knives I ordered.'
那就做个备忘录吧,维尼。
Ah, make a memorandum of that, Vinnie.
一美元,不管那是什么。
One dollar and whatever it was for.
当然,克莱尔。
Of course, Clare.
我必须要有管理这个家所花费的记录。
I must have a record of what is spent running this house.
我一直不明白钱没了唱片还能有多好。
I've never understood what good a record is after the money's gone.
只有一美元,玛格丽特。
There's just a dollar, Margaret.
维尼,这房♥子必须以生意为基础来经营。
Vinnie, this house must be run on a business basis.
这就是家庭账户的作用。
That's what the household accounts are for.
哦,克莱尔,已经8点半了。
Oh, Clare, it's half past 8:00.
你不想在办公室迟到
'You don't wanna be late at the office.'
足够的时间。
Plenty of time.
-安妮,收拾桌子。-好的,女士,我会的。
- Annie, clear the table now. - Yes, ma'am, I'll do that.
- - - - - -克拉伦斯,约翰。——是的,妈妈?
- Clarence, John. - Yes, mother?
你们上楼把我房♥间里的小写字台搬到你们房♥间去。
You boys go up and move the small bureau from my room into yours.
电影精选列表