这绝对是麦迪逊大道上最干净的台阶。
Well, these are certainly the cleanest steps on Madison Avenue.
戴先生就想让他们这样。
That's how Mr. Day wants them kept.
——早上好。——早上好。
- Good morning. - Good morning.
-你是新来的吧?-就今天早上。
- You're new here, aren't you? - Just this mornin'.
戴先生就是这样喝牛奶的。
This is the way Mr. Day gets his milk.
快跑。
Giddap.
安妮,小心这道菜。你会烫伤你的手。
Annie, be careful of this dish. You could burn your hands.
一直盖着锅盖,直到可以上桌。
And keep the cover on till you're ready to serve them.
戴先生喜欢吃热的松饼。-我会的。
- Mr. Day likes his muffins hot. - I'll do that.
安妮,早餐的桌子摆好了吗?
Annie, is the table set for breakfast?
“是的,女士。”
'Yes, ma'am.'
早晨好,女士的好。
Good mornin', ma'am.
早上好,安妮。你过得怎么样?
Good morning, Annie. How are you getting along?
好的,女士,我希望如此。
Alright, ma'am, I hope.
别因为这是你第一天上班就紧张。
Now don't be nervous just because this is your first day.
一切都会好的。
Everything's going to be alright.
但我希望一切顺利。
But I do hope nothing goes wrong.
哦,不,安妮。奶油和糖在这一头放下去。
Oh, no, Annie. The cream and sugar go down at this end.
哦,我想在中间,女士每个人都可以很容易地拿到。
Oh, I thought in the center, ma'am everyone could reach them easy.
-戴先生坐在这里。-哦,对不起。
- Mr. Day sits here. - Oh, excuse me.
我不知道该把餐巾放在哪里,女士。
I didn't know where to place the napkins, ma'am.
你可以从戒指上看出来。男孩们有自己名字的首字母。
You can tell by the rings. The boys have their initials.
克拉伦斯•C。他坐在这里。
C for Clarence. He sits here.
J代表约翰,这里。
J for John, here.
惠特尼的W。他坐在他父亲旁边。
W for Whitney. He sits over there next to his father.
上面有只小狗的那个当然是哈兰的。
And the one with a little dog on it is Harlan's, of course.
他的婴儿。
He's the baby.
这条狭长的平原是我的,这条是戴先生的。
This narrow plain one is mine and this is Mr. Day's.
它和我的一样,只是弯了……一天早上。
It's just like mine except that it got bent...one morning.
这倒提醒了我,安妮。
That reminds me, Annie.
一定要喝戴先生的热咖啡。
Always have Mr. Day's coffee piping hot.
戴先生跟你说话的时候,说“是”,先生。
And whenever Mr. Day speaks to you, just say yes sir.
别紧张。你会习惯他的。
Don't be nervous. You'll get used to him.
是的,女士。
Yes, ma'am.
噢,那棵漂亮的橡胶植物。
Oh, that beautiful rubber plant.
我很高兴它来了。
I'm so glad it came.
你不能每天都给它浇水。
You mustn't water it every day.
太多的水分会让它很不舒服。
Too much moisture makes it very unhappy.
哦,早上好,妈妈。
Oh, good morning, mother.
我以为你还在楼上。
I thought you were still upstairs.
“早上好,克拉伦斯。”
'Good morning, Clarence.'
父亲一定是在自言自语。
Father must be talking to himself.
一个红头发。
A redhead.
-你睡得好吗,妈妈?-是的,谢谢你,亲爱的。
- Did you sleep well, mother? - Yes, thank you, dear.
天啊,我饿了。
Golly, I'm hungry.
对了,安妮,我们早上总是从水果开始吃。
Oh, and, Annie, we always start with fruit in the morning.
除了两个喝粥喝牛奶的小男孩。
Except the two younger boys who have their porridge and milk.
吉米尼,纽黑文的另一艘沉船
'Jiminy, another wreck on the New Haven.'
这总是扰乱股票市场。
That always disturbs the stock market.
父亲不会喜欢的。
Father won't like that.
我真希望纽黑文不再有沉船。
I do wish the New Haven would stop having wrecks.
如果他们知道你父亲有多难过。
If they knew how it upsets your father.
我的灵魂和身体!克拉伦斯,你的外套怎么了?
My soul and body! Clarence, what's happened to your coat?
哦,它又裂开了。
Oh, it ripped open again.
玛格丽特为我修好了它,但它不会永远修好。
Margaret mended it for me but it wouldn't stay mended.
哦,天哪,我得和你父亲谈谈买♥♥一套新衣服的事。
Oh, dear, I'll just have to speak to your father about a new suit of clothes.
克拉伦斯,你为什么把我的硫酸从衣柜里拿出来了?
Clarence, why did you take my H2SO4 out of our clothes closet?
我跟你说过多少次了那个柜子是不能用来做实验的。
I've told you a hundred times that closet's not to make experiments in.
两个?
Two?
早上好,妈妈。
Good morning, mother.
约翰,你又弄出那些化学物质的味道了吗?
John, have you been making those chemical smells again?
不,妈妈,我在做电池。
No, mother, I'm making an electric battery.
它会让你想起一切。
It will ring a bell and everything.
你知道你父亲不喜欢电。
You know your father doesn't like electricity.
但是,妈妈,一切都会是电。
But, mother, everything's going to be electricity.
-在这房♥子里不行。——“哦,上帝!”
- Not in this house. - 'Oh, God!'
怎么了,克莱尔?怎么了?
What's the matter, Clare? What's wrong?
-“我的领带呢?”——哪条领带?
- 'Where's my necktie?' - Which necktie?
“是我昨天给你的。”
'The one I gave you yesterday.'
还没按呢。我忘了给玛格丽特了。
It isn't pressed yet. I forgot to give it to Margaret.
“我清清楚楚地告诉过你,我今天要系那条领带。”
'I told you distinctly I wanted to wear that necktie today.'
你有很多领带。
You've got plenty of neckties.
马上穿上另一件,下楼吃早饭。
Put on another one right away and come down to breakfast.
"我不知道这个世界会变成什么样子。"
'I don't know what this world's coming to.'
妈妈,我可以早点吃早餐吗?
Mother, may I have my breakfast early?
我要去打棒球。
I'm going to play baseball.
三个?
Three?
惠特妮,在你离开家之前你得学习一下教义问答。
Whitney, before you leave the house you have to study your catechism.
但是,妈妈,他们今天会让我投球。
But, mother, they're going to let me pitch today.
早上好。
Good morning.
——谁赢了?-巨人队,7比3
- Who won? - The Giants, 7 to 3.
-巴克·尤因打了个本垒打。-让我看看。
- Buck Ewing hit a home run. - Let me see.
孩子们,在你们父亲看到之前不要皱这张纸。
Boys, don't wrinkle the paper before your father sees it.
妈妈,你现在能问问我的教义吗?
Mother, could you ask me my catechism now?
-我想我知道-让我想想。
- I think I know it. - Well, let's see.
-你叫什么名字?本杰明-惠特尼。
- Ah, what is your name? - Whitney Benjamin.
-谁把你的——-我来了
- Who gave you your-- - 'Here I come!'
来帮我下来,妈妈。
Come and help me down, mother.
有台阶可以下来。
There are steps to come down on.
-早上好,亲爱的。-早上好,妈妈。
- Good morning, darling. - Good morning, mother.
-你的手指怎么样了?——好痒。
- How's your finger? - It itches.
好。这是一种好转的迹象。
Good. That's a sign it's getting better.
到来。
Come along.
四个!
Four!
让我们来看看。我在做什么?
Let's see. What was I doing?
哦,是的,《教义问答》
Oh, yes, the catechism.
谁告诉你你的名字的?
Who gave you your name?
我洗礼时的赞助人
My sponsors at baptism
在那里,我成为基♥督♥的一员,上帝的孩子和天国的继承人。
wherein I was made a member of Christ the child of God and an inheritor of the kingdom of heaven.
妈妈,如果我没有受洗,我就没有名字了吗?
Mother, if I hadn't been baptized wouldn't I have any name?
不在教堂的视线范围内。
Not in the sight of the church.
你的赞助商为你做了什么?
What did your sponsors then for you?
他们以我的名义许下三件事。
They did promise and vow three things in my name.
首先,我应该与魔鬼和他的一切断绝关系。
First, that I should renounce the devil and all of his..
“其次……”
'And secondly..'
“…其次,我相信基♥督♥教的一切信条。”
'...secondly, that I believe all the articles of the Christian faith.'
第三,我要遵守神的旨意和诫命,在我一生的日子,都要照这旨意行
And thirdly, that I should keep God's holy will and commandments and walk in the same all the days of my--
早上好,男孩。早....
Morning, boys. Morning.
-早上好,父亲。-早上好,父亲。
- Good morning, father. - Good morning, father.
早上,维尼。昨晚过得好吗?
Morning, Vinnie. Had a good night?
-是的,谢谢你,克莱尔。——好。
- Yes, thank you, Clare. - Good.
坐下来,男孩。
Sit down, boys.
那东西在这里做什么?
What's that thing doing in here?
克莱尔,那是我们新的橡胶厂。
Clare, that's our new rubber plant.
橡胶植物生长的地方在赤道。
Place for rubber plants is on the equator.
把那个东西拿出来,凯瑟琳。
Uh, take that object out, Catherine.
-你不是凯瑟琳。——不,先生。
- You're not Catherine. - No, sir.
好。反正我也不喜欢凯瑟琳。
Good. Never liked Catherine, anyway.
把它放在别的地方,安妮,但不要离窗户太近。
Put it somewhere else, Annie, but not too near a window.
是的,女士。
Yes, ma'am.
坐下来,哈伦。
Sit down, Harlan.
谢谢你,亲爱的。
Thank you, dear.
那只狗是从哪儿来的?
Where did that dog come from?
她会离开,妈妈。我会跟她说的。
She'll leave, mother. I'll talk to her.
你说什么?
What did you say?
哦,克莱尔,那套新衣服看起来很漂亮。
Oh, Clare, that new suit looks very nice.
你长胖了一点,亲爱的。
You've put on a little weight, dear.
我的体重和往常一样。
I weigh just the same as I always have.
克拉伦斯毁了他唯一一套像样的西装。
Well, Clarence has just managed to ruin the only decent suit he has.
对不起,恐怕他需要一套新衣服。
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid he'll need a new suit of clothes.
电影精选列表