-劳埃德博士?——是吗?
- Dr. Lloyd? - Yes?
有件事困扰着戴太太。
There's something that's troubling Mrs. Day's mind.
哦?
Oh?
我想你知道我指的是什么。
I think you know what I refer to.
是的。你是说你从未受过洗礼。
Yes. You mean the fact that you've never been baptized.
是的,我从你上周日的布道中得知了这件事。
Yes, I gathered that you knew about it from your sermon last Sunday.
但是我们不要生气。
But let's not get angry.
我想最好做点什么。
I think something had better be done about it.
是的,先生?
Yes, Mr. Day?
等医生过去了,我要你和戴太太谈谈。
When the doctors get through up there I want you to talk to Mrs. Day.
我想让你告诉她一件事。
I want you to tell her something.
嗯,我很乐意。
Well, I'd be glad to.
你是做这件事的最佳人选。
You're just the man to do it.
她不应该为此感到难过。
She shouldn't be upset about this.
我要你告诉她,让我受洗完全是无稽之谈。
I want you to tell her that my being baptized would just be a lot of confounded nonsense.
但是,一天,先生
But, Mr. Day--
她会相信你说的话的。
Oh, she'll take your word on a thing like that.
现在我们俩都必须竭尽全力帮助她。
And we both must do everything we can to help her now.
但是解决方法很简单。
But the solution is so simple.
只要你同意,我就可以接受洗礼。
It would take only your consent to be baptized.
那是不可能的。
That's out of the question.
我很惊讶像你这样的成年人会提出这样的建议。
And I'm surprised that a grown man like you would suggest such a thing.
医生,她怎么样了?你决定了什么?
Well, doctor, how is she? What have you decided?
这里有我们会诊的房♥间吗?
Is there a room we could use for our consultation?
-是的,我的图书馆。- - - - - -医生。
- Oh, yes, my library. - Doctor.
萨默斯医生,这不是真的吧?
Dr. Somers, this isn't serious, is it?
我们会诊结束后再跟你谈,戴先生。
Uh, after we've had our consultation we'll talk to you, Mr. Day.
但毫无疑问,
But surely--
放心,萨默斯博士会尽其所能。
Rest assured, Dr. Somers will do everything that is humanly possible.
我们尽量不要耽搁太久。
Uh, we'll try not to be long.
告诉我,这个萨默斯医生他很有名望,对吧?
Tell me, this Dr., uh, Somers he's very highly thought of, isn't he?
哦,是的。
Oh, yes.
如果维尼是认真的…
If Vinnie is seriously..
如果有人能帮她,那就是他。
If anyone could help her, he could.
-你不这么认为吗?-非常好的医生。
- Don't you think? - Very fine physician.
但是,在你需要帮助的时候,总会有更大的帮助。
But there is a greater help ever-present in the hour of need.
让我们向他祈祷吧。
Let us turn to him in prayer.
让我们跪下祈祷吧。
Let us kneel and pray.
让我们跪下祈祷吧。
Let us kneel and pray.
哦,主啊,从天堂往下看。
Oh, Lord, look down from heaven.
你这因病哀恸的仆人,求你眷顾并解救他。
Behold, visit, and relieve this Thy servant who is grieved with sickness.
上帝啊,可怜可怜她吧。
Have mercy on her, oh, Lord.
怜悯这可怜的罪人吧。
Have mercy on this miserable sinner.
原谅她,延续你惯有的——
Forgive her and extend Thy accustomed--
她不是一个可怜的罪人,你知道的!
She's not a miserable sinner, and you know it!
哦,上帝!你知道维尼不是一个可怜的罪人!
Oh, God! You know Vinnie is not a miserable sinner!
她是个好女人!
She's a fine woman!
“不该让她受苦!”
'She shouldn't be made to suffer!'
我告诉你,这一切必须停止!必须停止!
It's got to stop, I tell you! It's got to stop!
我说,发发慈悲吧!
Have mercy, I say!
发发慈悲吧,我告诉你!
Have mercy, I tell you!
怎么了,克莱尔?怎么了?
What's the matter, Clare? What's wrong?
维尼。维尼,你在这下面干什么?
Vinnie. Vinnie, what are you doing down here?
你不应该起床。你马上回楼上去。
You shouldn't be out of bed. You get right back upstairs.
我听见你在叫。你需要我吗?
I heard you call. Do you need me?
维尼,我现在知道我有多需要你了。
Vinnie, I know now how much I need you.
恢复健康,维尼。我受洗。
Get well, Vinnie. I'll be baptized.
-我保证我会受洗的。——你会吗?
- I promise I'll be baptized. - You will?
-我什么都愿意做。——哦,克莱尔。
- I'll do anything. - Oh, Clare.
我们去欧洲,就我们俩。
We'll go to Europe, just we two.
你不需要担心孩子,家庭账目,或者…
You won't have to worry about the children or the household accounts or..
维尼。
Vinnie.
别担心,戴先生。她现在会好的。
Don't worry, Mr. Day. She'll be alright now.
为你所做的一切祝福你。
Bless you for what you have done.
-我做了什么?-你答应受洗的。
- What did I do? - You promised to be baptized.
我做了吗?哦,上帝!
I did? Oh, God!
-这里是不是有风,妈妈?-要我帮你拿外套吗,妈妈?
- Isn't it drafty here, mother? - Shall I get your coat, mother?
-草稿-不,谢谢
- The draft-- - No, thank you.
我很舒服,谢谢。
I'm quite comfortable, thank you.
现在来吧。让我们呆在一起。
Come on now. Let's stay together.
哈兰,别再迷路了。
Harlan, don't you get lost again.
今年的帽子很可爱,不是吗?
Aren't the hats lovely this year?
鸵鸟羽毛。
Ostrich feathers.
你不会戴那顶帽子吧,妈妈?
You wouldn't wear that hat, would you, mother?
哦,我觉得这很漂亮。
Oh, I think that's very pretty.
我觉得它们都很漂亮。
I think they're all pretty.
哦,我确实需要一些粉红色的丝线。
Oh, I do need some pink silk thread.
哦,这贴花很漂亮吧?
Oh, isn't this applique beautiful?
刚从巴黎来,夫人。
Just arrived from Paris, madam.
这是迷人的。
It's charming.
妈妈,你在找什么?
What are you looking for, mother?
哦,我只是在买♥♥东西。
Oh, I'm just shopping.
我想我就买♥♥个普通的吧。
I think I'll just take a plain one.
但这是最新的。
But this is the very latest.
我们才用了几天。
We've only had them in a few days.
记住,妈妈,这是你第一天出来。
Remember, mother, this is your first day out.
你不要太累了。
You mustn't get too tired.
不,我在救我自己,亲爱的。
No, I'm saving myself, dear.
我不得不这么做。柯拉堂兄明天来。
I have to. Cousin Cora's coming tomorrow.
她是吗?父亲知道这件事吗?
She is? Does father know about it?
——没有。玛丽也来吗?
- Not yet. - Is Mary coming too?
是的,亲爱的。哈兰,别碰东西。
Yes, dear. Harlan, don't touch things.
-我打赌你知道。-不,说真的,我没有
- I'll bet you knew it. - No, honest, I didn't.
——而不是明天。-是的。
- Not tomorrow. - Yes, it is.
这种原料我们还有吗?
'Do we have any more of this material?'
-“是的,我们有。”-“谢谢。”
- 'Yes, we do.' - 'Thank you.'
“这幅画是真正的仿制德累斯顿。”
'This one is genuine imitation Dresden.'
这是杜里埃的原始设计
'The original design by Duriet.'
约翰,这不是最可爱的事吗?
John, isn't this the darlingest thing?
这正是我一直想要的。
It's exactly what I've always wanted.
这只可爱的哈巴狗多少钱?
How much is this lovely pug dog?
嗯,15美元,女士。
Uh, $15, ma'am.
- 15美元。-天啊,妈妈。
- Fifteen dollars. - Gee whiz, mother.
我们可以花5美元买♥♥一只真正的猎犬。
We can buy a real live bloodhound for $5.
哦,他不是很可爱吗?
Oh, isn't he perfectly adorable?
哦,我不应该。
Oh, I shouldn't.
-我知道我不应该。——“天太太。”
- I know I shouldn't. - 'Mrs. Day.'
哦,太太怀特黑德。
Oh, Mrs. Whitehead.
见到你真高兴。你完全康复了吗?
How nice to see you. Are you quite recovered?
几乎。这是我第一天外出。
Almost. This is my first day out.
我们在教堂很想念你。你还记得莫利先生吧。
We've missed you at the church. You remember Mr. Morley.
-你好,戴太太?-你好!
- How do you do, Mrs. Day? - How do you do?
莫利先生星期天布道时,劳埃德医生病了。
Mr. Morley preached the Sunday Dr. Lloyd was ill.
哦,是的。
Oh, yes.
我无法形容我有多喜欢你的布道。
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed your sermon.
连我丈夫都喜欢你的布道。
Even my husband enjoyed your sermon.
我们刚开完外国使团的董事会。
We've just come from the board meeting of the foreign missions.
我要带莫利先生回家吃午饭。
I'm taking Mr. Morley home to lunch.
我来这里买♥♥东西。
I had to drop in here to pick up a purchase.
我马上就来。
I won't be a minute.
-你的教区在城里吗?-是的,就在郊区。
- Is your parish in the city? - Yes, it's on the outskirts.
我的教堂在奥杜邦公园。
My church is in Audubon Park.
哦,在那上面。
Oh, way up there.
你在奥杜邦公园认识吗?
Oh, are you acquainted in Audubon Park?
不,我相信我们在那里一个人都不认识。
No, I don't believe we know a soul there.
莫利先生,这可能吗?
Mr. Morley, would this be possible?
我丈夫戴先生…
Uh, my husband, Mr. Day..
如果我们把领子放低,就会很合身。
If we lower the collar, it will be a very fine fit.
你在城里找不到比这更好的衣服了,只要15美元。
You wouldn't find a better suit of clothes in the city for $15.
哦,不是价格的问题。这是钱。
Oh, it's not the price. It's the money.
电影精选列表