这是138美元。谢谢你,维尼。
That's $138. Thank you, Vinnie.
但都是从你的零用钱里扣的!
But it's all coming out of your allowance!
这意味着在138美元全部付清之前,你不会再得到一分钱。
That means that you'll not get another penny until the whole $138 is paid up.
我就21岁了!
I'll be 21 years old!
哦,上帝!
Oh, God!
怎么了,克莱尔?怎么了?
What the matter, Clare? What's wrong?
那些吉普赛人回来了。
Those gypsies are back.
谁也不要去开门!
Don't anyone answer the door!
他们又要把所有的东西都搬过来了。
They're moving in on us again, bag and baggage.
我不允许,我告诉你。
I won't have it, I tell you.
-我不要!——现在,克莱尔
- I won't have it! - Now, Clare--
别让他们进来!
Don't let them in!
“克莱尔,掩盖。他们会听到你。”
'Clare, hush up. They'll hear you.'
“叫他们回到车上,直接开到俄亥俄州去。”
'Tell them to get back in that cab and drive right on to Ohio.'
“好像我们可以把自己的亲戚拒之门外似的。”
'As if we could turn our own relatives away.'
他们太奢侈了,当马车从我们门口呼啸而过的时候,他们还能坐出租车。
They're extravagant enough to take cabs when horse cars run right by our door.
克莱尔,你现在安静点,规矩点。
Clare, now you be quiet and behave yourself.
约翰,来帮我搬行李。
John, come help with the baggage.
为什么他们总是毫无预兆地突然袭击我们?
Why do they always have to pounce on us without any warning?
嘘!
Shh!
科拉,玛丽。
Cora, Mary.
你能回来真是太好了。
Well, it's so good to have you back again.
你好吗,维尼?我们都很担心你。
How are you, Vinnie? We've been so worried about you.
哦,我现在好了。你在春田玩得开心吗?
Oh, I'm fine now. Did you have fun in Springfield?
-太棒了。——是吗?
- Oh, it was wonderful. - Was it?
约翰,天啊,你还在长呢。
John, my, you're still growing.
-谢谢,柯拉表哥。-约翰,去拿他们的行李
- Thank you, Cousin Cora. - John, go get their baggage.
- - - - - -惠特尼。-惠特尼。
- There's Whitney. - Whitney.
-你好吗,亲爱的?-很好,谢谢
- How are you, darling? - Fine, thank you.
-还有小哈兰。- - - - - -你好。
- And little Harlan. - Hello.
-你乖吗?——没有。
- Have you been a good boy? - No.
克莱尔,姑娘们来了。
Clare, the girls are here.
克莱尔表哥,我们又见面了。
Cousin Clare, here we are again.
天啊,能回来真是太好了。
My, my, it's so nice to be back.
-你好,戴先生?-你好!
- How do you do, Mr. Day? - How do you do?
进来,坐下来和我们一起吃点早餐。
Come in, sit down and have some breakfast with us.
我们在车站吃过早餐。
Oh, we had breakfast at the depot.
嗯,我们的差不多已经完成了。
Well, we've practically finished ours.
我还没吃完早饭。
I haven't finished my breakfast.
那就坐下,克莱尔。
Well, then sit down, Clare.
不管怎样,来喝杯咖啡吧。
Come have a cup of coffee, anyway.
玛丽,坐在那边。科拉。
Mary, sit over there. Cora.
-麦琪,清理这些地方。-天啊,这看起来太自然了。
- Maggie, clear those places. - My, my, this seems so natural.
克莱尔,别让腌鱼凉了。
Clare, don't let your kippers get cold.
-麦琪,来点咖啡。——是的,女士。
- Maggie, serve some coffee. - Yes, ma'am.
哦,克拉伦斯在哪儿?
Oh, where's Clarence?
他肯定在楼上搬东西好让你又能住他的房♥间了。
Uh, he must be upstairs moving his things so you can have his room again.
文尼,我们不能在这里过夜。
Oh, oh, Vinnie, we can't stay overnight.
埃文斯爷爷的成绩一直不太好所以我得赶紧回去。
Grandpa Evans has been failing very fast and that's why I have to hurry back.
我们今天下午乘五点钟的火车离开。
We're leaving on the 5 o'clock train this afternoon.
科拉,很高兴再次见到你。
Well, Cora, it certainly is good to see you again.
会是谁呢?
Well, who can that be?
这次不能再给克拉伦斯寄特快专递了。
Well, this time it can't be another special delivery letter for Clarence.
你在斯普林菲尔德的时候我们的邮递员很忙。
Uh, while you were in Springfield our postman was kept pretty busy.
-是出租车,女士——出租车?出租车什么?
- It's the cab, ma'am. - Cab? What cab?
那辆载我们去奥杜邦公园的出租车。
The cab that's to take us to Audubon Park.
哦,谁要去奥杜邦公园?
Oh, who's going to Audubon Park?
我们都很高兴。
We all are.
柯拉,最美妙的事情发生了。
Cora, the most wonderful thing has happened.
克莱尔今天上午要接受洗礼。
Clare is going to be baptized this morning.
维尼,你在说什么?
Vinnie, what are you saying?
"我是说你今天早晨要接受洗礼。"
'I'm saying you're going to be baptized this morning.'
我今天早上不会接受洗礼,以后也不会!
I am not going to be baptized this morning or any other morning!
你昨天答应我,我一送那条哈巴狗去你就接受洗礼。
You promised yesterday that as soon as I sent that pug dog that you'd be baptized.
我从没说过这种话!
I never said anything remotely like that!
克拉伦斯就在那里,听到了你的话。
Clarence was right there and heard you.
这就是我叫出租车的原因。
That's why I ordered the cab.
出租车。
The cab.
维尼,你把那个送回去。
Vinnie, you send that right back.
我不会做这种事的。
I'll do nothing of the kind.
我一定会看着你去天堂的。
I'm going to see that you go to heaven.
-我不能坐出租车去天堂。——哦。
- I can't go to heaven in a cab. - Oh.
哦!
Oh!
你可以从出租车开始。
Well, you can start in a cab.
我不确定他们会不会让你进天堂。
I'm not sure they'll ever let you into heaven.
但我知道除非你受洗,否则他们不会。
But I know they won't unless you're baptized.
他们不能因为法律条文就把我赶出天堂。
They can't keep me out of heaven on a technicality.
克莱尔,停止吹毛求疵。你还是面对现实吧。
Clare, stop quibbling. You may as well face it.
你必须与上帝和好。
You've got to make your peace with God.
直到你惹动他,我才与神有过摩擦。
Until you stirred Him up, I had no trouble with God.
哈兰,惠特尼,来拿你们的节日帽子。
Harlan, Whitney, come get your Sunday hats.
-克拉伦斯,约翰!——“是的,妈妈?”
- Clarence, John! - 'Yes, mother?'
快点,我们准备好了。
Hurry, we're ready to go.
哦,我的祈祷书。
Oh, my prayer book.
哈兰,我来帮你系领带。
Harlan, come let me fix your tie.
Vinnie,你疯了吗?
Vinnie, are you mad?
是你的计划让我自己的孩子目睹这种侮辱吗?
Was it your plan that my own children should witness this indignity?
克莱尔,他们会为你骄傲的。
Why, Clare, they'll be proud of you.
我想哈兰是我的教父。
I suppose Harlan is to be my godfather.
维尼,我不会做这件事的。这是最后一次。
Vinnie, I won't go through with this thing. That's final.
哦,亲爱的克莱尔,如果你这么想的话——
Well, Clare dear, if you feel that way about it--
我做!
I do!
我们不会带孩子们一起去的。
Well, we won't take the children with us.
我不是在说孩子们。
I'm not talking about the children.
-我准备好了,妈妈。——噢,约翰。
- I'm ready, mother. - Oh, John.
维尼,我今天早上没时间做这种事。
Vinnie, I haven't time for anything like that this morning.
我得把约翰带到我的办公室去,给他钱买♥♥狗药。
I've got to take John down to my office with me and give him the money to buy back that dog medicine.
但那不是狗药,长官。
But it wasn't dog medicine, sir.
年轻人,我们马上就要去市中心了。
Young man, we're starting downtown this minute.
你不会这么做的。
You'll do no such thing.
我差点死掉的那天,你给了我你神圣的承诺。
You gave me your sacred promise that day I almost died.
是的,如果我们不给她一些药她就会死。这证明它是一剂良药。
Yes, and she would have died if we hadn't given her some of that medicine. That proves it's good medicine.
你给你妈妈吃了那种狗药?
You gave your mother some of that dog medicine?
-约翰,你没有?-是的,妈妈。
- John, you didn't? - Yes, we did, mother.
我们那天早上在你的茶里放了一些。
We put some in your tea that morning.
哦,约翰。
Oh, John.
你意识到你可能杀了你母亲吗?
Do you realize you might have killed your mother?
你确实杀了斯普拉格太太的狗。
You did kill Mrs. Sprague's dog.
约翰,我得好好考虑一下你会受到怎样的惩罚。
John, I'll have to give considerable thought as to how you are to be punished for this.
-但是克莱尔-不,维尼
- But, Clare-- - No, Vinnie.
当我想起那一天,什么…
When I think of that day, what..
为什么,我们可能会失去你。
Why, we might have lost you.
你现在没事了,谢天谢地。
You're alright now, thank heaven.
但那天下午我所经历的
But what I went through that afternoon
我的感觉…
the way I felt..
哦,我永远不会忘记的。
Well, I'll never forget it.
你已经忘了。
You've forgotten it already.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
那天你给了我你神圣的承诺。
That was the day you gave me your sacred promise.
是的,但要不是我以为你快死了我是不会答应你的。
Yes, but I wouldn't have given you my promise if I hadn't thought you were dying.
如果约翰没有给你狗药你也不会死。
And you wouldn't have almost died if John hadn't given you that dog medicine.
你没有看见吗?整件事都是违法的。
Don't you see? Well, the whole thing is illegal.
假如我已经死了。
Suppose I had died.
对你来说没什么区别。
It wouldn't make any difference to you.
你不在乎我们是否在天堂相遇。
You don't care whether we meet in heaven or not.
你根本不在乎能不能再见到我和孩子们。
You don't care whether you ever see me and the children again.
维尼,你对我太不公平了。
Oh, Vinnie, you're not being fair to me.
这是好的,克莱尔。
It's alright, Clare.
如果你不够爱我们我们也无能为力。
If you don't love us enough there's nothing we can do about it.
但这和我说的没关系。
But that has nothing to do with it.
电影精选列表