“约翰,这位是玛丽·斯金纳。”
'John, this is Mary Skinner.'
-你好!-你好!
- How do you do? - How do you do?
维尼,欢乐谷的每个人都向你问好。
Vinnie, everybody in Pleasantville sends their love.
埃文斯爷爷,伊迪丝表姐,海蒂阿姨,泰勒一家。
Grandpa Evans, Cousin Edith, Aunt Hattie, the Taylors.
-所有人。-柯拉,埃文斯爷爷怎么样了?
- Oh, just everybody. - Cora, how is Grandpa Evans?
哦,他身体不太好。
Oh, he hasn't been at all well.
他只有一个肾,而且还在肿胀。
You know, he only has one kidney and that's bloating.
你好,柯拉表妹?我很高兴见到你。
How do you do, Cousin Cora? I'm glad to see you.
这不可能是克拉伦斯。
This can't be Clarence.
-是的。——我,我。
- Yes, it is. - My, my.
我的天啊,每次我看到你们,你们又长了一只脚。
My goodness, every time I see you boys you've grown another foot.
我想想,你现在要去圣保罗了,是吗?
Let's see, you're going to St. Paul's now, aren't you?
圣保罗的吗?我很久以前就不去圣保罗了。
St. Paul's? I was through with St. Paul's long ago.
我今年秋天开始在耶鲁大学学习。
I'm starting in Yale this fall.
耶鲁大学!
Yale!
哦,哦,玛丽,这位是克拉伦斯。
Oh, uh, oh, Mary, this is Clarence.
玛丽-斯金纳。-你好!
- Mary Skinner. - How do you do?
哦,这是玛丽第一次来纽约。
Oh, this is Mary's first trip to New York.
是的,它是。这是她第一次旅行。
Yes, it is. It's her first trip.
我们得带玛丽四处看看。
We'll have to show Mary around.
我告诉你,我会请戴先生今晚带我们去德尔莫尼科餐厅吃饭。
Oh, I'll tell you, I'll ask Mr. Day to take us all to Delmonico's for dinner tonight.
——Delmonico !-想想吧,玛丽。
- Delmonico's! - Think of that, Mary.
Delmonico的!
Delmonico's!
克莱尔表姐是个很棒的主人。
And Cousin Clare's such a wonderful host.
我知道你们想梳洗一下,上楼来吧。
Well, I know you girls want to freshen up, so come upstairs.
克拉伦斯,去拿他们的包。
Clarence, get their bags.
我已经把克拉伦斯的房♥间给你们了但他直到今天早上才知道。
I've given you girls Clarence's room but he didn't know about it until this morning.
-我不想你给…他的东西还没有动过。
- I don't want you to give.. - He hasn't moved his things..
约翰,去拿他们的旧袋子。
John, get their old bags.
哦,你会拉小提琴。
Oh, you play the violin.
好吧,我,我耍了一下。
Well, I, I fool with it a little.
你只是谦虚而已。
You're just being modest.
不,真的,我. .
No, really, I..
我弹钢琴。
I play the piano.
不是很好,但是…
Not awfully well, but..
你太谦虚了。
Now you're being modest.
你弹过二重唱吗?
Do you ever play duets?
嗯,到目前为止我还没有。
Well, I haven't up to now.
没有我…到目前为止。
Neither have I...up to now.
柯拉没跟我提过你。
Cora didn't tell me about you.
我从没见过耶鲁人。
I never met a Yale man before.
你怎么了?
What's happened to you?
什么都没有。我感觉很好。
Nothing. I feel fine.
你把它们放在哪里?
Where do you keep 'em?
你想要个佣人吗?
Do you wish a domestic servant?
你把它们放在哪里?
Where do you keep them?
我记下您的姓名和地址。
I will take your name and address.
混淆。我上班要迟到了。
Confound it. I'm late at the office now.
如果你能告诉我你需要什么样的人的话。
If you will give me the details as to what kind of person you require.
我在问你,你把它们放在哪里?
I'm asking you where you keep them?
为什么,姑娘们都在里面,但客户是不允许进房♥间的。
Why, the girls are in there but clients are not allowed in that room.
如果您能告诉我您希望担任的职位,我将很高兴…
If you will tell me the kind of a position you wish to have held, I'll be very glad to..
请站起来。
You stand up, please.
先生,这是违反规定的。
Sir, this is quite against the rules.
我必须知道你为什么要找那个女孩。
I must know what you want the girl for.
我就买♥♥那个。你叫什么名字?
I'll take that one. What's your name?
希尔达,先生。
Hilda, sir.
希尔达,你直接去麦迪逊大街420号♥。
Hilda, you go right over to 420 Madison Avenue.
-我会的,先生-就这样谢谢你!
- I will, sir. - That's all. Thank you.
先生,在我允许任何一个姑娘离开这所房♥子之前,我必须先了解一下她所要雇用的这个家庭的性质。
Sir, before I can let any girl go from this establishment I must know the character of the home in which she will be employed.
夫人,我就是我家的特色。
Madam, I am the character of my home.
哦。
Oh.
我对我的邻居的责任是像爱自己一样爱他,像爱自己一样对待所有的人。
My duty toward my neighbor is to love him as myself and to do unto all men as, as..
就像他们待我一样。
As they should do unto me.
就像他们对我所做的那样。
As they should do unto me to, to..
他知道这一点。
He really knows it.
对这么小的孩子来说,他已经做得很好了。
Well, he's done very well for so young a boy.
-我可以走了吗?——是的,亲爱的。
- May I go now? - Yes, darling.
-谢谢你,劳埃德医生。-一点也不。
- Thank you, Dr. Lloyd. - Not at all.
来吧,哈伦。
Come on, Harlan.
等待我。
Wait for me.
你和戴先生一定为你们的孩子感到非常自豪。
Ah, you and Mr. Day must be very proud of your children.
我希望今天下午戴先生会在家。
I was hoping I'd find Mr. Day at home this afternoon.
他通常这个时候已经从办公室回来了。
Well, he-he's usually home from the office by this time.
嗯。也许他到公园里去骑马去了。
Hmm. Perhaps he's gone for a gallop in the park.
今天天气真好。
It's such a fine day.
我相信他很喜欢骑马。
He's very fond of horseback riding, I believe.
哦,是的。
Oh, yes.
告诉我,他有没有从马上摔下来过?
Tell me, has he ever been thrown from a horse?
不,没有马♥会♥把戴先生扔下去。
Oh, no, no horse would throw Mr. Day.
我还以为他出了什么意外。
I just thought he might have had some accident.
我注意到他从来不在教堂下跪。
I notice he never kneels in church.
哦,这不是偶然的。
Oh, that's no accident.
但我不想让你觉得他不祈祷。
Uh, but I don't want you to think he doesn't pray.
他所做的。
He does.
为什么,有时候你满屋子都能听到他的声音。
Why, sometimes you can hear him all over the house.
但他从不下跪。
But he never kneels.
啊,也许现在是戴先生了。
Ah, perhaps that's Mr. Day now.
哦,我不这么认为。
Oh, I hardly think so.
哦,魔鬼。我忘记了。
Oh, the devil. I forgot.
克莱尔,你正好赶上喝茶。
Clare, you're just in time for tea.
-我去叫些热水来。-你好吗,劳埃德医生?
- I'll send for some hot water. - How are you, Dr. Lloyd?
“戴先生,能拜访您真是我的荣幸。”
'It's a great pleasure to have a visit with you, Mr. Day.'
-妈妈,他们回来了吗?-不,克拉伦斯,不。
- Mother, are they back yet? - No, Clarence, no.
除了安息日的短暂一瞥,我很少见到你们。
Except for a brief glimpse on the Sabbath I don't see much of you.
克莱尔,你今天在办公室忙吗?
Well, Clare, did you have a busy day at the office?
——非常忙。——克莱尔。
- Devilishly busy. - Clare.
很忙的一天。累了。
Uh, a very busy day. Tired out.
我不知道一个人整天坐在办公桌前怎么会累的。
How a man can get tired just sitting at a desk all day, I don't know.
我想华尔街对你和我来说都是一个谜,劳埃德医生。
I suppose Wall Street is just as much a mystery to you as it is to me, Dr. Lloyd.
不,不。这一切对我来说都很清楚。
No, no. It's all very clear to me.
我常常想到那个商人。
My mind often goes to the businessman.
我最喜欢的画面是当我想象他结束一天的工作时。
The picture I'm most fond on is when I envision him at the close of the day's work.
我看见他在工作中停下来,他突然意识到,所有这些盈亏的数字都是无关紧要的。
I see him pausing in his toil and it comes over him that all those figures of profit and loss are without importance or consequence.
虚荣和尘埃。
Vanity and dust.
-那我就。-克莱尔
- Well, I'll be-- - Clare.
——是的,女士?-“迪莉娅,再来点热水。”
- Yes, ma'am? - 'Delia, some more hot water.'
——是的,女士。- - - - - -那是谁?
- Yes, ma'am. - Who's that?
新来的女服务员。
The new maid.
我今早发的那份呢?
Where's the one I sent this morning?
这制♥服♥不合身。
The uniform didn't fit.
嗯。我更喜欢我挑的那个。
Hmm. I like the one I picked out better.
克莱尔,劳埃德医生想告诉我们关于新大厦的计划。
Uh, Clare, Dr. Lloyd wants to tell us about the plans for the new edifice.
-新的什么?-新教堂。
- The new what? - The new church.
你知道我们计划建一座新教堂。
You knew we were planning to build a new church.
当然,我们要筹集一大笔钱。
Of course, we're going to have to raise a large sum of money.
嗯。好吧,就我个人而言,我反对教堂在镇上到处蹦蹦跳跳。
Hmm. Well, personally, I am against the church hop, skipping and jumping all over the town.
所以我做出的任何贡献都将是很小的。
So any contribution I make will have to be a small one.
每个人认♥购♥的数额已经决定了。
The amount everyone is to subscribe has already been decided.
谁决定的?
Who decided it?
经过深思熟虑后,我们投票决定支持我们的成员每人应捐助一笔与他们的皮椅费用相等的款项。
After considerable thought we voted that our supporting members should each contribute a sum equal to the cost of their pew.
我花了5000美元买♥♥我的皮尤。
I paid $5000 for my pew.
是的,克莱尔。那我们就贡献了5000美元。
Yes, Clare. That makes our contribution $5000.
这是抢劫。
That's robbery.
你知道皮尤现在值多少钱吗?3000美元。
Do you know what that pew is worth today? $3000.
这是上一个的价格。
That's what the last one sold for.
我已经在那张长凳上损失了2000美元了。
I've taken a dead loss of $2000 on that pew already.
弗兰克·包斯在市场鼎盛时期卖♥♥给我的皮尤。
Frank Bags sold me that pew when the market was at its peak.
他知道什么时候该出去。
He knew when to get out.
我警告你,维尼,一旦市场上涨我就把皮尤脱手。
And I'm warning you, Vinnie, if the market ever goes up I'm going to unload that pew.
电影精选列表