如果他们问我们是否在家里用呢?
What if they ask us if we use it at our house?
是啊,如果我们能说我们做过就更好了。
Oh, yes, it would be better if we could say we did.
原谅我。
Excuse me.
这是戴太太的茶吗?
Oh, i-is that the tea for Mrs. Day?
——是的。-哦,我把它拿给她。
- Yes. - Oh, I'll take it up to her.
噢,谢谢你。趁热打铁。
Oh, thank you. Right away now while it's hot.
妈妈怎么了?
What's the matter with mother?
我不知道。她只是在抱怨。
I don't know. She was just complaining.
这里说它对女性的投诉有好处。
Say, it says here it's good for women's complaints.
在这里。
Here.
“是的,先生,切萨皮克和俄亥俄州,八分之一。”
'Yes, sir, Chesapeake and Ohio, an eighth.'
纽约中心,四分之三
'New York Central, three quarters.'
他说,我想就莫里斯&埃塞克斯公♥司♥债券的事见戴先生。
'I'd like to see Mr. Day about those Morris & Essex bonds.'
戴先生今天上午很忙。
Mr. Day's very busy this morning.
你得等等。
You'll have to wait.
——父亲在哪儿?-好吧,惠特尼少爷。
- Where's father? - Well, Master Whitney.
你是来拜访我们的吗?
Have you come to pay us a visit?
父亲在哪儿?
Where's father?
他在办公室忙着接待一位顾客。
He's busy in his office with a customer.
惠特尼大♥师♥!
Master Whitney!
戴先生,本公♥司♥的总统是——
Mr. Day, the president of the firm is--
爸爸,你必须马上回家。
Father, you have to come home right away.
这是什么意思?谁派你来的?
What's the meaning of this? Who sent you down here?
——你妈妈?-不,先生,妈妈病了。
- Your mother? - No, sir. Mother's ill.
她病得很严重。
She's terribly ill.
医生让你来找我的吗?
Did the doctor send you for me?
-不,先生,是玛格丽特。——玛格丽特?
- No, sir. It was Margaret. - Margaret?
玛格丽特说你要马上回家,不许胡闹。
Margaret says you're to come home right away and no nonsense.
珀金斯,下去拦下第一辆出租车。
Uh, Perkins, go down and stop the first cab you see.
一辆出租车吗,先生?戴先生,您的吗?
A cab, sir? For you, Mr. Day?
是的,我要一辆出租车,别胡闹了!
Yes, I want a cab, and no nonsense!
-是的,先生-抱歉,霍普金斯先生
- Yes, sir. - Uh, I'm sorry, Mr. Hopkins.
讨厌你!你不能再快一点吗?
Confound you! Can't you go any faster?
好的,先生。
Alright, sir.
快跑!
Giddap!
你听见了吗?快跑!
Giddap there, you hear me! Giddap!
——哦,医生。戴太太好吗?-她病得很重。
- Oh, doctor. How is Mrs. Day? - She's a pretty sick woman.
她怎么了?
Well, what's wrong with her?
你到底知不知道?
Well, do you know or don't you?
戴太太今天早餐吃了什么?
What did Mrs. Day have for breakfast this morning?
不是一个东西。我试着让她吃点东西,但她不吃。
Not a thing. I tried to get her to eat something, but she wouldn't.
我不明白。
I can't understand it.
理解什么?
Understand what?
剧烈的恶心发作。
These violent attacks of nausea.
她就像中毒了一样。
It's almost as though she were poisoned.
——中毒?-让我载你的车。
- Poisoned? - Let me take your cab.
我尽量不离开超过10到15分钟。
I'll try not to be gone more than ten to fifteen minutes.
戴先生,你不准进她的房♥间。
And, Mr. Day, you are not to go into her room.
你最好让她恢复健康。
You'd better get her well.
马上,否则我会通知你的。
Right away or you'll hear from me.
-在第27街向西拐。——快跑。快跑。
- Turn west on 27th Street. - Giddap. Giddap.
-妈妈好吗?-我不知道。
- How is mother? - I don't know.
她最好是病怏怏的好人不然我把他带到这里来,父亲会生气的。
Well, she better be good and sick or father may be mad at me for getting him up here.
尤其是在出租车里。
Specially in a cab.
-你父亲来了吗?-是的,刚刚。
- Has your father come? - Yes, just now.
你要去哪儿,玛格丽特?
Where are you going, Margaret?
我得去找部长。
I have to go for the minister.
我猜牧师是来给爸爸施洗的这样他就不用下地狱了。
I guess the minister's coming to baptize father so he won't have to go to hell.
你不能在房♥子里受洗。
You can't be baptized in a house.
-你必须要有水。-我们有很多水。
- You've got to have water. - We have lots of water.
不是正确的类型。
Not the right kind.
妈妈好点了吗,爸爸?
Is mother better, father?
我怎么知道呢?她不让我和她一起进房♥间。
How can I tell? She wouldn't let me in the room with her.
这些糊涂的医生永远不知道别人得了什么病。
These confounded doctors never know what's the matter with anybody.
父亲吗?
Father?
是吗?
Yes?
妈妈会好起来的,是吗?
Mother's going to get well, isn't she?
当然,她会好起来的。
Of course, she's going to get well.
父亲,我们可以进来吗?
Father, may we come in?
没有母亲是孤独的。
It's lonesome without mother.
是的,哈兰。这是寂寞的。
Yes, it is, Harlan. It's lonesome.
进来,男孩。
Come in, boys.
你在干什么,哈兰?
What have you been doing, Harlan?
什么都没有。他们不让我上楼。
Nothing. They won't let me upstairs.
你呢,惠特尼?
What about you, Whitney?
我本该学完剩下的教义问答。
I was supposed to learn the rest of my catechism.
你愿意听我说吗,父亲?
Will you hear me, father?
好的,惠特尼,我会听到的。
Yes, Whitney, I'll hear you.
从这里开始。
Start here.
“一件圣礼有多少部分?”
"How many parts are there in a sacrament?"
二是外在的可见标志和内在的精神优雅。
Two, the outward visible sign and the inward spiritual grace.
在洗礼中,什么是外在可见的标志或形式?
"What is the outward visible sign or form in bap, baptism?"
人以…的名义受洗的水。
Water, wherein the person is baptized in the name of..
你还没受洗吧,爸爸?
You haven't been baptized, have you, father?
惠特尼,什么是向外可见的符号♥?
Whitney, what is the outward visible sign?
水,其中的人..
Water, wherein the person..
“…在的人. .
'...wherein the person..'
你还不够了解,惠特尼。
You don't know it well enough, Whitney.
你最好再去研究一下。
You'd better go and study it some more.
要我读给你听吗,哈兰?
Do you want me to read to you, Harlan?
爸爸,他们会让你下地狱吗?
Father, are they gonna put you into hell?
惠特尼,带上哈兰。
Whitney, take Harlan with you.
哦,这世界怎么了?
Oh, what's the world coming to?
大家都去请医生了。
Everybody's sending for doctors.
医生对你没有任何好处。
Doctors don't do you any good.
只会让你感觉更糟。
Only make you feel worse.
所有的废话。
All poppycock.
谁在摇铃?
Who's ringing that bell?
别吵了!
Stop that noise!
我说,住手!
Stop it, I say!
是哪个白♥痴♥在敲那个铃?
What idiot's ringing that bell?
戴先生,我们必须保持安静。
Mr. Day, we must all be quiet.
-戴太太病得很重。-我知道她病了。
- Mrs. Day's very ill. - I know she's ill.
上去看看她需要什么。
Go up and see if she needs anything.
你在外面做什么?
And what are you doing out of the house?
我派人去请部长来。
I sent for the minister.
——部长?-他马上就来。
- The minister? - He'll be right in.
他在付车费。
He's paying off the cab.
得知戴夫人的病情如此严重,我深感震惊。你能带我去见她吗?
I was deeply shocked to learn the serious nature of Mrs. Day's illness. Will you take me up to her?
她现在休息。她不能被打扰。
She's resting now. She can't be disturbed.
医生马上就回来。
The doctor will be back in a minute.
啧啧,啧啧,啧啧。戴太太一直是这个教区的中坚力量。
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Mrs. Day has been a tower of strength in the parish.
每个人都很喜欢她。
Everyone liked her so much.
是的,她是个好女人。
Yes, she was a fine woman.
我倒希望你不要把戴太太说得像死了一样。
I wish to heaven you wouldn't talk about Mrs. Day as if she were dead.
-医生回来了吗?-不,她需要他吗?
- Is the doctor back yet? - No, does she need him?
她有点焦躁不安。
Well, she's kind of restless.
她会说梦话,还会翻来覆去。
She's talking in her sleep and twisting and turning.
好吧,医生,在我看来这十分钟太长了。
Well, doctor, it seems to me that was a pretty long ten minutes.
看这里,戴先生。如果我要处理这个案子
See here, Mr. Day. if I'm to handle this case--
如果你不在家里,你怎么能应付得了呢?
How can you handle it if you're out of the house?
这是谁?
Who is this?
-我是萨默斯医生。-你好!
- It's Dr. Somers. - How do you do?
我觉得戴太太的情况使我有理由尽快请萨默斯医生来会诊。
I felt that Mrs. Day's condition warranted my getting Dr. Somers here as soon as possible for consultation.
我希望能得到你的同意。
I hope that meets with your approval?
是的,当然。
Why, yes, of course.
-能做的都做。楼上的,医生。
- Anything that can be done. - Upstairs, doctor.
原谅我。
Pardon me.
戴太太现在得到了很好的照顾,戴先生。
Mrs. Day is in good hands now, Mr. Day.
你和我现在帮不上什么忙。
There's nothing you and I can do at the moment to help.
电影精选列表