——谁来了?-表哥科拉。
- Who's coming? - Cousin Cora.
她还会带一个朋友来。
And she's bringing a friend with her.
-一个小女孩。——一个女孩!
- A young girl. - A girl!
你得帮她娱乐一下,克拉伦斯。
You'll have to help entertain her, Clarence.
哦,妈妈,我必须这么做吗?
Oh, mother, do I have to?
等父亲发现有人来探视我们吧。会有一场争吵。
Wait till father finds out we've got visitors. There'll be a rumpus.
约翰,不要批评你的父亲。
John, don't criticize your father.
他习惯了这个想法之后就非常好客了。
He's very hospitable after he gets used to the idea.
-我喜欢咖啡。我喜欢茶。啧啧,啧啧。
- I like coffee. I like tea. - Tsk, tsk.
我喜欢女孩,女孩也喜欢我。
I like the girls and the girls like me.
我不喜欢女孩,她们也不喜欢我。
Well, I don't like girls and they don't like me.
——“哦,上帝!-走吧,孩子们。继续。
- 'Oh, God!' - Go on, boys. Go on.
怎么了,克莱尔?怎么了?
What's the matter, Clare? What's wrong?
这东西怎么跑到这里来了?
How did that get in this room?
克莱尔,新来的女仆是怎么知道的?
Now, Clare, how was the new maid to know?
把那讨厌的东西拿走。
Keep that abomination out of here.
好吧,我买♥♥了。
Alright, I'll take it.
哦,克莱尔,亲爱的,恐怕我还需要一些钱。
Oh, Clare dear, I'm afraid I'm going to need some more money.
你今天早上在抱怨咖啡的问题。
You were complaining about the coffee this morning.
那个漂亮的法式滴滤咖啡壶坏了,你知道它是怎么坏的。
Well, that nice French drip coffee pot is broken and you know how it got broken.
别管了,维尼。
Never mind that, Vinnie.
我记得那个咖啡壶花了5美元,还有。
As I remember that coffee pot cost $5 and, uh, something.
我给你6美元。
I'll give you $6.
等你拿到钱了,文尼,把准确的数额记在总账上。
Uh, when you get it, Vinnie,enter the exact amount in the ledger.
当然,克莱尔。
Of course, Clare.
我们不能一个月接着一个月
We can't go on month after month
把家庭账目弄得一团糟。
having the household accounts in such a mess.
没有,而且我想到了一个能让我的记帐更完美的方法。
No, and I thought of a system that will make my bookkeeping perfect.
听你这么说我就放心了。
Well, I'm certainly relieved to hear that.
我们所要做的就是在所有地方开立赊账账户,然后商店会替我记帐。
All we have to do is open charge accounts everywhere and the stores will do my bookkeeping for me.
等一下,维尼
Now wait a minute, Vinnie--
当账单送来的时候
Then when the bills come in
你就会知道你的钱去哪了。
you'd know exactly where your money had gone.
是的,我当然愿意。
Yes, I certainly would.
维尼,我们的账单已经够多了。
Vinnie, we get enough bills as it is.
克莱尔,亲爱的,你不讨厌我们每个月的争吵吗?
Clare dear, don't you hate those arguments we have every month?
我当然做的。
I certainly do.
我想这些东西对你来说是有价值的。
Not to have those, I should think would be worth something to you.
我先在路易斯和康格斯开个账户再在麦克里开个账户。
Well, I'll open an account at Lewis & Congers and, uh, one at McCreery's to start with.
-谢谢你,克莱尔。-我们来看看结果如何。
- Thank you, Clare. - We'll see how it works out.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
噢,校长今天要来喝茶。
Oh, the rector's coming to tea today.
校长。很高兴你提醒了我。
The rector. Well, I'm glad you warned me.
我要去俱乐部。
I'll go to the club.
晚饭前别指望我回家。
Don't expect me home until dinnertime.
克莱尔,亲爱的,我真希望你能对教堂多一点兴趣。
Clare dear, I do wish you'd take a little more interest in the church.
带我去天堂是你的事,维尼。
Getting me into heaven is your business, Vinnie.
如果我的票出了问题,等我到的时候你可以帮我修好。
If there's anything wrong with my ticket when I get there you can fix it up.
每个人都很爱你。我相信上帝也一定会这么做。
Everybody loves you so much. I'm sure God must too.
我会尽力的,克莱尔。
I'll do my best, Clare.
没有你就不是天堂。
It wouldn't be heaven without you.
如果你在那里,文尼,我一定会设法进去的即使我得爬过围栏。
If you're there, Vinnie, I'll manage to get in some way even if I have to climb the fence.
玛格丽特。玛格丽特。
Margaret. Margaret.
“哦,上帝!”
'Oh, God!'
怎么了,克莱尔?怎么了?
What's the matter, Clare? What's wrong?
为什么上帝造了这么多傻瓜和民♥主♥党人?
Why did God make so many dumb fools and Democrats?
啊,政♥治♥。
Ah, politics.
是的,但这是在夺走我们的饭碗!
Yes, but it's taking the bread out of our mouths!
诚实的休·格兰特。
Honest Hugh Grant.
诚实,呸!
Honest, bah!
你真是个好市长。
Fine mayor you've turned out to be.
如果你不能每隔五分钟就提高税收来管理这座城市,你最好离开。
If you can't run this city without raising taxes every five minutes, you'd better get out.
让有能力的人去吧。
Let someone who can.
理查德·库克在这个镇上横行霸道,而你只是他的傀儡!
Richard Cook is running in this town and you're just his cat's paw!
告诉我,这些增加的税收是用于改善公共设施还是用于贪污?
Tell me this, are these increased taxes going into public improvements or are they going into graft?
如果可以的话,请诚实地回答我
Answer me that honestly if you can
诚实的休·格兰特先生。
Mr. Honest Hugh Grant.
你不能吗?我这样认为。
You can't? I thought so.
呸!
Bah!
-不要点晚餐…-你当选时承诺要结束所有的盗窃和腐♥败♥行为。
- Don't order dinner.. - You were elected to office on the promise that you would put an end to all this thievery and corruption.
“你已经结束了吗?”不。你鼓励。
'Have you put an end to it? No. You've encouraged it.'
他说,每天都有对公共财政的新攻击。
'Every day there's some new raid on the public treasury.'
-如果你不停下…-爸爸,如果你不介意纽约的事,我们要把你和你的议会议员赶出办公室。
- If you don't stop.. - Father, if you don't mind of New York, we're going to throw you and your boodle board of aldermen out of office.
我最后一次警告你。
I'm warning you for the last time.
抢劫。就是这样。高速公路抢劫!
Robbery. That's what it is. Highway robbery!
——安妮。安妮。-怎么了?
- Annie. Annie. - What is it?
把这杯新鲜的咖啡拿给戴先生。
Take this fresh cup of coffee in to Mr. Day.
但是戴先生有客人。
But Mr. Day's got a visitor.
“…不会容忍♥这些……”
'...are not going to tolerate these..'
无稽之谈。快进去。
Nonsense. Run along in there.
我们付给你一大笔钱来照顾我们的利益,但我们得到的只是低效率。
We pay you a good round sum to watch after our interests and all we get is inefficiency.
我知道你是个笨蛋,而且我强烈怀疑你是投靠共和党的人。
I know you're a nincompoop and I strongly suspect you of being a scalawag.
你逃不掉你的法律责任。
You're not going to escape your legal responsibilities.
法律责任?
Legal responsibilities?
我说的是刑事责任!
By God, I mean criminal responsibilities!
别以为我们会让你逃跑。
Don't think for one minute we're going to let you escape.
我们要把你扔进监狱!
We're going to throw you into jail!
-安妮,你受伤了吗?-他不能把我扔进监狱!
- Annie, are you hurt? - He can't throw me into jail!
维尼?
Vinnie?
威尼,为什么早上不能安静点?
Vinnie, why can't I have quiet here in the morning?
克莱尔,发生了什么事?
Clare, what happened?
在我听来好像那个女仆把一盘盘子都掉地上了。
Uh, sounded to me as though that maid dropped a whole tray of dishes.
是的,但你跟她说了什么?
Yes, but what did you say to her?
对她说吗?早餐后我就没见过她。
Say to her? I haven't seen her since breakfast.
-我得去办公室了。-是的,克莱尔。
- I better get to the office. - Oh, yes, Clare.
你可不想迟到。
You don't want to be late.
我有足够的时间回家吃晚饭。
I'll be home in plenty of time for dinner.
我们今晚来点鸡肉酱怎么样?
Why don't we have chicken fricassee tonight?
克莱尔,鸡肉涨价了。每磅8美分。
Well, Clare, chicken's gone up. It's 8 cents a pound.
她打扮成这样到底要去哪里?
Where the devil's she going dressed up like that?
克莱尔,你又来了。你怎么可以这样呢?
Clare, you've done it again. How could you?
-我怎么能什么?-你没看见她要走吗?
- How could I what? - Can't you see she's leaving?
哦,亲爱的。我没有时间雇一个新女佣。
Oh, dear. I have no time to engage a new maid.
-我们得出去吃晚饭了。——晚餐。无稽之谈。
- We'll have to have dinner out. - Dinner out. Nonsense.
-我自己会雇一个新的女仆。-克莱尔,你不能。
- I'll engage a new maid myself. - Clare, you can't.
-她得穿上制♥服♥。-我一小时后就来。
- She has to fit the uniform. - I'll have one here in an hour.
——“再见,亲爱的。——“再见,克莱尔。”
- 'Goodbye, dear.' - 'Goodbye, Clare.'
早上好,戴先生。在你去办公室的路上?
Good morning, Mr. Day. On your way to the office?
——是的。早上好。——太太的一天。
- Yes.. Good morning. - Mrs. Day.
-早上好,戴先生——早上,吉姆。
- Good morning, Mr. Day. - Morning, Jim.
快跑!
Giddap!
快跑。
Giddap.
科拉,很高兴见到你。
Cora, it's wonderful to see you.
噢,谢谢你。
Oh, thank you.
维尼,我敢说你一年比一年年轻漂亮了。
Oh, Vinnie, I declare you're getting younger and prettier every year.
-我是玛丽·斯金纳。-艾德·斯金纳的女儿。
- Oh, this is Mary Skinner. - Ed Skinner's daughter.
天啊,我怎么可能认识你。
My goodness, I never would have known you.
把你的东西放在外面就行了,进来吧。
Just leave your things out here and come right on in.
戴太太,我听我父亲说了很多关于你的事。
I heard my father talk so much about you, Mrs. Day.
他有没有告诉你他以前在学校把我的辫子浸在墨水瓶里?
Oh, did he tell you how he used to dip my pigtails in the inkwell at school?
欢乐谷有什么新闻吗,科拉?
What's the news in Pleasantville, Cora?
维尼,我有好多话要跟你说。
Oh, Vinnie, I have so much to tell you.
我们写信告诉你凯莉阿姨摔断了髋骨。
We wrote you that Aunt Carrie broke her hip.
那是罗伯特·英格索尔演讲的那晚。
That was the night that Robert Ingersoll lectured.
当然,她去不了,但她没去对英格索尔先生来说是件好事。
Of course, she couldn't get there, but it was a good thing for Mr. Ingersoll she didn't.
“你好,科拉表哥?”
'How do you do, Cousin Cora?'
哦,克拉伦斯,我的天啊。
Oh, Clarence, my, my.
不,科拉,这是约翰。
No, no, Cora, this is John.
约翰!嘿,你长大了。
John! Why, how you've grown.
你会比你母亲更成熟。
You'll be a man before your mother.
电影精选列表