-再见,柯拉表哥。——再见,哈伦。
- Goodbye, Cousin Cora. - Goodbye, Harlan.
再见。别胡闹了。
Goodbye. Keep out of mischief.
走吧,每一个人。别让出租车久等了。
Come along, everybody. Don't keep the cab waiting.
出租车费用的钱。
Cabs cost money.
如果有一件事是戴先生不能忍♥受的那就是让出租车一直等着。
If there's one thing Mr. Day can't stand it's to keep a cab waiting.
如果你要等的话,在中♥央♥车站有个候车室。
If there's any waiting to do, there's a waiting room at the Grand Central Depot just for that.
玛丽。
Mary..
…你都不打算和我握手吗?
...aren't you even going to shake hands with me?
我想我不太好。
I don't think I'd better.
你可能还记得当我离你太近的时候,你会觉得受到了污染。
You may remember that when I get too close to you,you feel contaminated.
玛丽,你打算给我写信,是吗?
Mary, you're going to write to me, aren't you?
-你要先写吗?——不,玛丽。
- Are you going to write first? - No, Mary.
有时人必须坚定。
There are times when a man must be firm.
玛丽,妈妈说你最好赶快出去,不然爸爸就会大喊大叫。
Mary, mother says you better hurry out before father starts yelling.
它是星期天。
It's Sunday.
再见,约翰。
Goodbye, John.
我很高兴认识了你。
I'm very happy to have made your acquaintance.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
-需要帮忙吗?-不,谢谢。
- May I help you? - No, thank you.
照顾好自己。
Take care of yourself.
-再见,戴先生。再见,玛丽。
- Goodbye, Mr. Day. - Goodbye, Mary.
再见,太太的一天。我过得很愉快。
Bye, Mrs. Day. I've had a wonderful time.
再见,玛丽。——谢谢。
- Goodbye, Mary. - Thank you.
——“再见。”——“再见。”
- 'Bye-bye.' - 'Goodbye.'
-“再见,克莱尔表哥。”-再见,科拉。
- 'Goodbye, Cousin Clare.' - Goodbye, Cora.
——再见,科拉。——“再见。”
- Goodbye, Cora. - 'Bye.'
-再见,柯拉表哥。——再见。
- Bye, Cousin Cora. - Bye.
——再见!——再见!
- Bye! - Bye!
亲爱的玛丽。
Dear Mary..
我对邻居的责任是爱他如爱自己,我希望别人怎样待我,我就怎样待人。
My duty toward my neighbor is to love him as myself and to do to all men as I would they should do unto me.
爸爸去办公室了吗?
Has father gone to the office yet?
来吧,我们到球场去。
Come on, let's go to the ball field.
约翰回来之前,我得守着这个箱子。
I've got to guard this box till John comes back.
这是他的防盗警报器。
It's his burglar alarm.
行不通,所以他修好了。
It wouldn't work so he fixed it.
我们要在爸爸去办公室后把它放回餐厅。
We're going to put it back in the dining room after father goes to the office.
附近有窃贼吗?
Are there burglars around?
——无处不在。——哦。
- Everywhere. - Oh.
爱我的父母,尊敬他们,帮助他们——
To love, honor, and succor my father and my mother--
你为什么要学这个?
Why do you have to learn that?
因为如果我不这么做,我会下地狱。
Because if I don't, I'll go to hell.
-爸爸要下地狱了。-他不是!
- Father's going to hell. - He is not!
是的,他是,因为他没有受洗。
Yes, he is, because he isn't baptized.
他会下地狱,被烧死一千年。
He'll go to hell and burn for a thousand years.
他不会!他不会!
He won't! He won't!
他会被关在硫磺火海里无数恶魔会拿着干草叉戳他。
He'll be in a lake of fire and brimstone and a thousand devils with pitchforks will be poking at him.
——不!妈妈,别让。-嘘。
- No! Mother, don't let-- - Shh.
——爸爸会听见的!-不,我不…
- Father will hear you! - No, I don't..
“别闷死我!”
'Don't smother me!'
那是什么声音?
What's that noise?
-只是在唱歌♥,爸爸。-“孩子们,安静点。”
- Just singing, father. - 'You boys, be quiet.'
你知道你妈妈不舒服。
You know your mother isn't feeling well.
“是的,爸爸。”
'Yes, father.'
你妈妈说了什么?
What did your mother say?
她说她不想吃早餐。
She says she doesn't want any breakfast.
你妈妈为什么要这样对我?
Oh, why does your mother do that to me?
她知道她不下来吃早餐只会让我心烦。
She knows it just upsets my day when she doesn't come down to breakfast.
-特快专递,先生-谢谢
- A special delivery, sir. - Thank you.
——谢谢。-约翰今天早上在哪儿?
- Thank you. - Where's John this morning?
嗯,约翰很早就吃过早饭了,爸爸,然后出去办点事。
Well, John had his breakfast early, father,and went out to see about something.
看到什么?
See about what?
嗯,约翰和我想这个夏天我们要工作,挣些钱。
Well, John and I thought we'd work this summer and earn some money.
好。工作从来不会伤害任何人。这对他们有好处。
Good. Work never hurt anyone. It's good for them.
但如果你要工作,那就努力工作。
But if you're going to work, work hard.
所罗门王对工作的看法是正确的。
King Solomon had the right idea about work.
所罗门说:“无论你的手想做什么,尽你所能去做吧。”
"Whatever thy hand findeth to do," Solomon said "do thy doggonedest."
嗯。
Hmm.
我一点也不明白。
Well, I don't understand this at all.
这是一封我从没听说过的女人写来的信。
Here's a letter from some woman I never even heard of.
——哦,爸爸。-哦,上帝!
- Oh, father. - Oh, God!
什么事,父亲?
What is it, father?
这个女人说她坐在我腿上,我不喜欢。
This woman claims that she sat on my lap and that I didn't like it.
嗯。
Huh.
这个词是什么?
What's that word?
不,是下面那个。
No, that one down there.
它看起来像“好奇号♥”。
It looks like curiosity.
哦。
Oh.
“我只是出于好奇才拆开你的信的。”
"I only opened your letter as a matter of curiosity."
——嗯。-是的,继续。
- Hmph. - Yes, go on.
唉,情况越来越糟了。
Why, this gets worse and worse.
就变成了一堆伤感的情话。
It just turns into a lot of sentimental lovey-dovey mush.
Chaa !嗯。
Chaa! Huh.
如果这是某人恶作剧的想法…
If this is someone's idea of a practical joke..
怎么了,克莱尔?怎么了?
What's the matter, Clare? What's wrong?
没有什么错的。只是一封愚蠢的信。
Nothing wrong. Just a fool letter.
-你感觉怎么样,维尼?-我以为你需要我
- How are you feeling, Vinnie? - I thought you needed me.
如果你不去,我就回去睡觉。
If you don't, I'll go back to bed.
不,不,不。过来坐下,吃点东西。
On, no, no, no. Uh, come sit down and, uh, get some food in you.
对你有好处。增强你的力量。
Do you good. Build up your strength.
是的,在这里。坐下来。坐下来。
Yeah, here. Sit down. Sit down.
在这里,呃. .
Here, uh..
-这个人叫什么名字?——诺拉。
- What's this one's name? - Nora.
诺拉,给戴太太买♥♥点培根和鸡蛋。
Nora, uh, get Mrs. Day some bacon and eggs.
“不,诺拉。”
'No, Nora.'
“给我端杯茶到楼上我的房♥间去。”
'Bring me a cup of tea up to my room.'
是的,女士。
Yes, ma'am.
维尼,向疾病屈服太软弱了。
Oh, Vinnie, it's just weak to give in to an ailment.
我注意到,当你头痛的时候,你会大喊、呻♥吟♥和咒骂。
I notice when you have a headache you yell and groan and swear enough.
那是为了向头痛证明我比它强。
Well, that's to prove to the headache that I am stronger than it is.
我想我感染了某种细菌。
I think I've caught some kind of germ.
我的一些朋友不得不派人去请医生。
Some of my friends have had to send for the doctor.
医生吗?哦,胡说。
A doctor? Oh, poppycock.
但是,亲爱的克莱尔,当人们生病的时候你必须做点什么。
But, Clare dear, when people are ill you have to do something.
当然,你得做点什么。
Certainly, you have to do something.
使他们振作起来。这是治愈它们的方法。
Cheer them up. That's the way to cure them.
你要怎么让他们高兴起来?
How would you go about cheering them up?
我吗?嘿,我会对他们说呸!
I? Why, I'd tell them bah!
我又做了什么?
Well, what have I done now?
哦。
Oh.
哦,克莱尔,别说了。
Oh, Clare, hush up.
维尼,我不是故意让你不高兴的。
Vinnie, I didn't mean to upset you.
“亲爱的克拉伦斯. .”
"Dear Clarence.."
我,我只是想帮你。
I, I-I was just trying to help you.
你知道吗,当你上♥床♥的时候我就会觉得很孤单。
You know, w-when you take your bed I have a confounded lonely time around here.
所以当我看到你觉得不舒服的时候我想做点什么。
So when I see you getting it into your head that you're not feeling well I want to do something about it.
仅仅因为你的一些朋友已经屈服了,你就没有理由想象自己生病了。
Just because some of your friends have given into this there's no reason why you should imagine you're ill.
哦,克莱尔,停止。
Oh, Clare, stop.
滚出这间房♥子,回你的办公室去。
Get out of this house and go to your office.
你得到那份工作了吗?-是的,我们俩的。
- Did you get the job? - Yes, for both of us.
-看,我带着呢。-怎么了?
- Look, I've got it with me. - What is it?
——医学。——药吗?
- Medicine. - Medicine?
你给我们找了份卖♥♥药的工作?
You took a job for us to go out and sell medicine?
但这是一剂良药。看看它能治愈什么。
But it's wonderful medicine. Look what it cures.
治感冒,咳嗽,卡他性哮喘,咳痰,咽喉痛消化不良,夏季主诉,绞痛消化不良,胃灼热,气短腰痛,风湿病,心脏病头晕,妇女病症神经衰弱,圣维图斯舞黄疸,流行性感冒,傲骨红眼,晕船,和粉刺
"A sovereign cure for colds, coughs, catarrh asthma, quinsy, and sore throat poor digestion, summer complaint, colic dyspepsia, heartburn, and shortness of breath lumbago, rheumatism, heart disease giddiness, and women's complaints nervous prostration, St. Vitus' dance jaundice, la grippe, proud flesh pink eye, sea sickness, and pimples."
这是用只有巴特利特医生知道的秘密配方制成的。
It's made from a secret formula known only to Dr. Bartlett.
我们每卖♥♥出一瓶酒可以得到25美分的佣金。
We get 25 cents commission on every bottle we sell.
他给了我们整个曼哈顿的领土。
And he's giving us the territory of all Manhattan Island.
很多父母的朋友都有这种病。
Well, lots of father's and mother's friends have some of those diseases.
让我们从向他们提问开始。
Let's start out by calling on them.
是的。哦。
Yes. Oh.
电影精选列表