谢谢你帮我拿着。
Thank you for holding it for me.
不客气
You're welcome.
再见,太太的一天。希望我们能很快再见面。
Goodbye, Mrs. Day. I hope we meet again soon.
再见。很高兴再次见到你。
Goodbye. It was very pleasant meeting you again.
我认为这是天意。
I think it was divine providence.
我将很高兴为您服务。
I shall be delighted to be of service.
-再见,莫利先生。再见。——再见。
- Goodbye, Mr. Morley. Goodbye. - Goodbye.
-我可以做吗?-哦,不。
- May I work it? - Oh, no.
这是违反规定的。
It's against the rules.
你好。
Hello.
你又带了什么药回家?
Oh, what did you bring home more medicine for?
巴特利特医生收买♥♥了我们,对吧?
Dr. Bartlett paid us off, didn't he?
-哦,是的。-哦,吉米尼,你吓到我了。
- Oh, yes. - Oh, Jiminy, you scared me.
我得带15块去麦克里餐厅。
I've got to take $15 right down to McCreery's.
我今天早上在那里买♥♥了一套衣服,我说我今天下午就能拿到钱。
I bought a suit there this morning and I said I'd have the money this afternoon.
哎呀,那太糟糕了。-什么太糟了?
- Gee, that's too bad. - What's too bad?
-你看,克拉伦斯。——什么?
- Well, well, you see, Clarence. - What?
巴特利特医生用医药费收买♥♥了我们。
Dr. Bartlett paid us off in medicine.
哦,上帝!
Oh, God!
他也感谢了我们为人类所做的贡献。
Well, he thanked us, too for our services to mankind.
但是我的西装,我明天还得买♥♥。
But my suit, I've got to have it tomorrow.
而且,他们正在做些改变。
And besides, they're making the alterations.
我得有15美元。
I've gotta have $15.
也许你可以给他们15瓶药。
Maybe you could offer them 15 bottles of medicine.
哦,他们不会接受的。McCreery's不卖♥♥药。
Oh, they wouldn't take it. McCreery's don't sell medicine.
父亲!
Father!
维尼,我回来了!
Vinnie, I'm home!
-下午好,先生-你母亲好吗,克拉伦斯?
- Good afternoon, sir. - How's your mother, Clarence?
今早的旅行对她很有帮助。
Oh, the ride this morning did her a lot of good.
下星期天她会好起来的,可以和我们一起去教堂了。
She'll be well enough to go to church with us next Sunday.
啊,很好。
Ah, fine.
爸爸,你有没有注意到我最近很少在教堂下跪?
Uh, father, have you noticed I haven't been kneeling down in church lately?
别让你妈妈逮着你做那事。
Don't let your mother catch you at it.
那我就得马上去买♥♥一套新衣服。
Then I have to have a new suit of clothes right away.
这说不通啊。
That doesn't make sense.
穿上你的衣服,我也做不了你不愿做的事。
I can't do anything in your clothes that you wouldn't do.
嗯,如果我的旧衣服使你规规矩矩的话,那我想你就不该穿别的衣服了。
Well, if my old clothes make you behave yourself, I don't think you ought to wear anything else.
不,你是你,我是我。我想做我自己。
Oh, no, you're you and I'm me. I wanna be myself.
我是说,如果我想在一个女孩面前下跪。
I mean, suppose I should wanna kneel down in front of a girl.
你究竟为什么要做那样的事?
Why in heaven's name should you want to do a thing like that?
我总有一天要向一个女孩求婚。
Well, I've got to propose to a girl sometime.
-克拉伦斯。-哦,不是马上。
- Clarence. - Oh, not right away.
但只要15美元,我就能买♥♥一套好衣服。
But for $15, I can get a good suit of clothes.
克拉伦斯,你已经开始像你的…
Clarence, you're beginning to talk as crazy as your..
你好,维尼。你今天感觉好点了吧?
Hello, Vinnie. You're feeling better today, huh?
好多了。谢谢你,克莱尔。
Much better. Thank you, Clare.
你不必每天这样从办公室赶回家。
You don't have to hurry home from the office every day like this.
生意是这样的,去办公室根本没用。
Uh, with business the way it is, there's no use going to the office at all.
是的,你看起来好多了,维尼。你今天做了什么?
Yes, you do look better, Vinnie. What did you do today?
我弄了辆马车带孩子们出去兜风。
Well, I got a carriage and took the boys for a ride.
我们去了一趟麦克里餐厅然后…
And we stopped in at McCreery's, and..
克莱尔,我有个天大的好消息要告诉你。
Oh, Clare, I have the most wonderful news for you.
你以为我遇到了谁?
Who do you think I met?
莫理先生。
Mr. Morley.
莫理吗?从没听说过他?
Morley? Never heard of him?
还记得那个星期天代替劳埃德医生的年轻牧师吗?
Remember that nice young minister who substituted for Dr. Lloyd one Sunday.
哦,是的。明亮,小伙子。
Oh, yes. Bright, young fellow.
讲了一篇很有道理的讲道短。
Preached a good sensible sermon. Short one too.
应该有更多像他这样的大臣。
Ought to be more ministers like him.
克莱尔,他的教区在奥杜邦公园。
Well, Clare, his parish is in Audubon Park.
就在哈莱姆区上空。
You know, way up above Harlem.
那里没人认识你。你会很安全的。
Nobody knows you up there. You'll be perfectly safe.
安全吗?维尼,你到底在说什么?
Safe? Vinnie, what the devil are you talking about?
我和莫利先生都谈过了他同意给你施洗。
I've gone all over everything with Mr. Morley and he's agreed to baptize you.
哦,他做到了。
Oh, he has.
年轻的傲慢的家伙。他太好了。
The young whippersnapper. Very nice of him.
我们哪天早上都可以上去。
We can go up there any morning.
我们甚至不需要预约。
We don't even have to make an appointment.
谁说我要受洗的?
Who said I was going to be baptized at all?
为什么,克莱尔,是你干的。
Why, Clare, you did.
现在,维尼。
Now, Vinnie.
你给了我你的承诺,你神圣的承诺。
You gave me your promise, your sacred promise.
你说:“我要受洗。”我保证我会受洗的。”
You said, "I'll be baptized. I promise I'll be baptized."
如果是呢?
Well, what if I did?
克莱尔,你不是个守信用的人吗?
Clare, aren't you a man of your word?
维尼,我们都以为你要死了。
Vinnie, we all thought you were dying.
所以很自然,我这么说是为了让你高兴起来。
So naturally, I said that to cheer you up.
事实上,医生告诉我那才是治愈你的方法。
As a matter of fact, the doctor told me that's what cured you.
所以在我看来,你继续催促这件事真是太忘恩负义了。
So it seems to me pretty ungrateful of you to press this matter any further.
我的健康与此无关。
My being well has nothing to do with it.
你向我保证过。你向上帝许下了你的诺言。
You gave me your word. You gave the Lord your word.
哪天早晨,在你去办公室受洗之前,你要列队到莫利先生的教堂去。如果你想一分钟——
And you're going to march yourself up to Mr. Morley's church some morning before you go to the office and be christened. If you think for one minute--
天哪,那是什么?
What in the name of heaven is that?
如果你认为我会让你再犯一次违背你庄严神圣的诺言的罪
If you think I'm going to let you add the sin of breaking your solemn and sacred promise--
我要求知道这个排斥的物体是什么?
I demand to know what that repulsive object is?
这是什么很明显。它是一只哈巴狗。
It's perfectly plain what it is. It's a pug dog.
它怎么会在这房♥子里?
What is it doing in this house?
我想要,就买♥♥了。
I wanted it and I bought it.
你花了不少钱?
You spent good money for that?
克莱尔,别想转移话题。
Clare, don't try to change the subject.
你为那件暴行付了多少钱?
How much did you pay for that atrocity?
我什么也没买♥♥。我负责它。
I didn't pay anything for it. I charged it.
带电吗?我早该知道的。
Charged it? I might have known.
-多少钱?- 15美元。
- How much was it? - Fifteen dollars.
- 15美元买♥♥了个眼中钉?——呃,克莱尔。
- $15 for that eyesore? - Uh, Clare..
你难道不觉得这个可爱的艺术品很碍眼吗?
Don't you call this lovely work of art an eyesore.
坐在客厅壁炉旁的红色坐垫上会很漂亮。
It will look beautiful sitting on a red cushion by the fireplace in the living room.
如果放在客厅里,我就不买♥♥了。
If that sits in the living room, I won't.
而且,我甚至不想让它和我住在同一间房♥子里。
Furthermore, I don't even want it in the same house with me.
把它弄出去!
Get it out of here!
克莱尔. .除非你定下受洗的日期否则你是出不去这间屋子的。
Clare..you're not going to get out of this room until you set a date for your baptism.
我告诉你一件事。只要那个可怕的怪物还在这房♥子里我就永远不会受洗。
I'll tell you one thing. I'll never be baptized as long as that hideous monstrosity is in this house.
好吧。
Alright.
好吧!
Alright!
克拉伦斯。
Clarence.
那只哈巴狗今天下午回去,明天一早就给它施洗礼。
That pug dog goes back this afternoon and he's christened first thing in the morning.
你听到了吧,克拉伦斯?
You heard him, didn't you, Clarence?
你听到他说只要我把这只哈巴狗弄出家门他就会接受洗礼。
You heard him say that he'd be baptized as soon as I got this pug dog out of the house.
你赶紧拿着它回麦克里里餐厅,确保他们给我们15美元。
You hurry right back to McCreery's with it and be sure they credit us with $15.
哦,妈妈,我们在麦克里餐厅的时候,我碰巧看到了一套我非常想要的西装,而且只要15美元。
Oh, mother, while we were at McCreery's I happened to see a suit I'd like very much and the suit was only $15.
克拉伦斯,恐怕你的西装得等我给你父亲洗礼后再穿了。
Well, Clarence, I'm afraid your suit will have to wait until after I get your father christened.
不,我是说这套衣服和哈巴狗的价钱一样
Well, no, I meant that since the suit cost just the same as the pug dog
如果我用哈巴狗换衣服…
If I exchanged the pug dog for the suit..
为什么,是的。
Why, yes.
那你父亲就不会为此付出任何代价了。
Then the suit wouldn't cost your father anything.
你多聪明啊,克拉伦斯,能想到这一点。
Why, how bright of you, Clarence, to think of that.
我最好在麦克里瑞关门前马上开始。
I'd better start right away before McCreery's closes.
是的。现在让我们看看。
Yes. Now let's see.
如果我们要带你父亲去奥杜邦公园…
If we're going to take your father all the way to Audubon Park..
克拉伦斯,你回来的时候,在马车房♥停一下,告诉他们明天早晨八点叫辆马车到这儿来。
Clarence, on your way back, you stop at the livery stable and tell them to have a cab here at 8 o'clock tomorrow morning.
妈妈,一辆出租车?你认为你应该这么做吗?
Mother, a cab? Do you think you ought to?
我们不能一直走到奥杜邦公园。
We can't walk all the way to Audubon Park.
但你知道出租车对父亲的影响。
But you know what a cab does to father.
这是一个非常重要的场合。
This is a very important occasion.
——好的。-找他们最好的出租车。
- Alright. - Get one of their best cabs.
葬礼上用的那种。
The kind they use at funerals.
每小时2美元。如果爸爸生气了
Those cost $2 an hour. And if father gets mad--
如果你♥爸♥爸早上开始吵架,你记得
Well, if your father starts to argue in the morning, you remember--
哦,他同意了。我们都听到了。
Oh, he agreed to it. We both heard him.
我希望你注意到克拉伦斯把哈巴狗还回来了。
I hope you notice Clarence is returning the pug dog.
电影精选列表