我不喜欢他们的影片 剪得像音乐电视一样花哨
I didn't take to their picture. Too much MTV cutting.
我不知道什么时候有空 - 我可以等你 亲爱的
I don't know how much I'd be available. - I can wait for you, darling.
彼得 我说了 这种影片不适合我
Peter, I told you it's just not for me.
我和我的助手雪莉一起重写了一遍
I did a rewrite with my assistant, Shelley.
你在那个白♥痴♥的首映式上应该见过她
I think you met her at that idiot's premiere.
我们把剧情改得更现代了 角色可以用手♥机♥
We made it more contemporary. They have cell phones.
我不想涉足这个领域
It's not a territory that I want to explore.
我想请达芙妮扮演妻子
I thought I'd ask Daphne to play the wife.
她息影了 - 你挂个名就行
She is retired. - If you could just attach yourself.
我的律师说我们需要一个名字
My lawyer says we need a name.
我不能这么做
I can't do that.
跟你说实话吧 孩子
I'll be honest with you, son.
我需要钱
I need the money.
我会给你钱 - 但我得再拍一部片子
I'll give you the money. - But I need to make another picture.
我想连续拍两部
I want to do two, right in a row.
一部接一部拍
Back-to-back.
你知道亲爱的特吕弗说过什么
You know what dear Truffaut said.
“有时候 量多也会很震撼”
"Sometimes quantity is impressive."
艺术很个人化 老兄 你知道的
Art is personal, Pop. You know that.
我明白
I understand.
但你能借个名就行
But if you could just lend your name.
不行
I can't.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
很好吃
It's delicious.
腌黄瓜不会过期
Pickles don't expire.
我爸总是缺席
My dad was never there.
在1970和1980年代 他总是在电影片场
In the '70s and '80s, he was always on movie sets.
拍了几部作品后 他开始走下坡路
And when he started to struggle,
很多好莱坞人 会称其为“票房♥毒药”或“失败之作”
after he made a couple of what many of you in Hollywood would call "bombs" or "turkeys,"
抑或请原谅我 我是圈外人 不懂行话
or, forgive me, I'm not in the business. I don't know the language.
那些“烂片” 如今被Z世代奉为邪门经典
"Flops" that are now considered cult classics by Gen Z.
在他第三次破产之后 整个行业对他避而远之
After the industry turned its back on him after his third bankruptcy,
他被迫卖♥♥掉心爱的豪♥宅♥
after he was forced to sell his beloved mansion,
即位于贝莱尔的黄金之家
Casa del Oro in Bel Air,
搬进了恩西诺的一居室
and move into the one-bedroom in Encino,
那之后 他一直在努力筹钱
he was always trying to raise money,
梦想着拍下一部影片
dreaming of the next picture.
临终之际 他转向我说:
As he lay dying, he turned to me, and he said,
“我知道那部影片的结局
"I know how the movie ends.
是关于爱”
It's about love."
你不记得我了吧?
You don't remember me, do you?
我当然记得 - 不 你不记得
Of course I do. - No, you don't.
我记得 - 你是从哪里认识我的?
Yes, I do. - Where do you know me from?
我参演了他唯一一部骑马执导的影片
I was in the only movie he directed on horseback.
我爱你们俩 我好像得去拯救杰了
I love you both. I think I have to go rescue Jay.
你觉得要多久...
How long do you think--
我三点有海滩清理活动 - 我们会送你去
I got beach cleanup at 3. - We'll get you there.
如果我迟到 这次就作废了 - 开车去吧
If I'm late, it won't count. - Just take the car.
毫不意外 那是他最糟糕的一部电影
Not surprisingly, it was his worst film.
你根本不知道我是谁吧? - 我知道 对
You have no idea who I am. - I do. Yes.
我不相信你
I don't believe you.
谢谢你过来 杰
Thanks for coming, Jay.
很遗憾 内森
I'm so sorry, Nathan.
爸生前总说 找到你他何其幸运
You know, Dad always said how lucky he was to have found you.
他改变了我的人生
He changed my life.
他对你也是同样的看法
He thought the same about you.
他希望把生前的一条领巾送给你
He wanted you to have one of his neckerchiefs.
真庆幸我们来了 感觉一切更真实了
I am glad we came. It makes it all more real.
一切都很不真实 - 我知道
None of this feels real. - I know.
死亡总是令人意外 尤其在洛杉矶
Death is always so surprising, particularly in LA.
我喜欢这条领巾
I like the neckerchief.
你想要吗? - 谢谢
You want it? - Thank you.
我当初为什么不为他再拍一部电影?
Why didn't I just do another movie for him?
你有这种感觉 因为你是好人
You're feeling this way because you're a good person.
只是借用我的名号♥ 因为他希望我挂个名
Just lend my name. 'Cause he just wanted my name.
杰? - 嘿 伙计
Jay? - Hey, man.
老提? - 对
Tim? - Yeah.
提姆西 嘿
Timothy. Hey.
嘿 别担心 我没在跟踪你
Hey. Don't worry, I'm-I'm not stalking you.
不 这...
No, no, no, it's--
嘿 我们刚刚... - 对
Hey, we just did the-- - Yeah.
一位伟人离世了 - 是啊 真令人难过
We lost a great one there. - Yeah, it's sad.
他真的很特别 - 我们总是忙得不可开交
He was really special. - We're just busy all the time,
然后就有人离世了
and then people are dying.
罗恩 这是我以前的室友提姆西
Ron, this is Timothy, my old roommate.
我们是表演班的同窗 老朋友了
We were in acting class together. My old budd-ay.
老朋友 - 对 老提 很高兴见到你
Budd-ay. - Yes, yes. Tim. Nice to see you.
我是罗恩·苏肯尼克 杰的经纪人和朋友
Ron Sukenick, Jay's manager and friend.
对 我跟你提起过他 - 久仰大名
Yeah, I've told you about him. - Heard a lot about you.
真的吗?你真的提过?
Really? Really, you have?
希望一切都好
Oh, well, all good, I hope.
因为咱俩当年可是十足的坏小子
'Cause we were some pretty bad boys back in the day.
是啊
Yeah.
你最近怎么样? - 我很好
How have you been? - I'm good, you know.
过日子嘛 你好吗?
Living the life, you know. How are you doing?
这个问题很蠢 你当然过得好
Well, that's a stupid question. You're doing great.
我还行
I'm all right. I'm all right, you know.
很高兴见到你
It's good to see you.
我也是 - 对
You too. - Yeah.
天啊
Man.
好吧...
Okay, well...
再见 伙计
See you, man.
好的 - 很高兴见到你
All right. - Nice to see you.
我没在跟踪你 我把车停这边了
I'm not following you. I'm parked over here.
或许我们该找时间喝咖啡什么的
Maybe we should grab a coffee or something sometime.
天啊 那太好了 我要怎么...
Oh, man, that would be great, you know. And how would I--
我或许可以打给你的办公室之类的?
We-- Maybe I'll contact your office or something?
打给我就行 - 我会收到信息 如果你...
Just call me. - I'll get the message if you--
给你 - 哦 好
There you go. - Oh. Yeah.
好 太好了
Okay. Great.
如果不方便的话 也别勉强
And if it's not cool, don't feel obligated.
其实我现在就有空
Actually, I have time now.
太好了 嘿
Oh, that's great. Hey.
还记得那家叫夏杰的滨水餐厅吗?
Uh, do you remember Chez Jay by the water?
好啊 好 好的 到那里见
Sure, yeah, okay. I'll meet you there.
老朋友!
Budd-ay!
要我跟你去吗? - 没事 席瓦诺 你可以回家了
Do I follow you? - It's all right, Silvano, you can go home.
这家伙没问题吧?
We're okay with this guy?
他是我的老朋友 多年不见了
He's an old friend. I haven't seen him in years.
餐厅里会有很多人 - 没关系
There will be people there. - It's all right.
我记性好 明天见
I remember people. I'll see you tomorrow.
不 明天不行 记得吗? 我明天要陪小薇去参加网球决赛
No, you won't. Remember? I have the tennis finals with Vivi.
没错 祝好运 - 少喝点酒
That's right. Good luck. - Take it easy on the drinks.
好 我会的 - 因为今天令人百感交集
Yeah, I will. - 'Cause it's an emotional day.
只能喝啤酒
Stick to beer.
我的大♥师♥说 一个人♥大♥限将至
Doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
My guru says that when someone is dying
越来越接近精神世界的时候...谢谢
and getting closer to the spiritual world-- Thank you.
就不会那么惧怕死亡了
That they get less afraid of death.
你有大♥师♥指点迷津 伙计 太棒了
You got a guru, man. That's great.
死亡就变得不那么真实了
Death, it becomes less real.
还有...
And...
权力和成功自然也会变得虚无缥缈
of course power and success become completely unreal,
因为这些东西已不再重要
because they're no longer relevant.
但如彼得所言 剩下的一切
But like Peter said, all that's left...
就是爱
is love.
说得真好 - 我知道
That was beautiful. - I know.
好 我这就去!
Okay, I'm doing it.
嗨 可以拍张照吗? - 当然可以
Hi. Could I get a picture? - Oh, yeah, sure.
好的 谢谢 - 好 来吧
Okay, thank you. - Yeah, here we go.
拍到了吗? - 是的
电影精选列表