I've never even heard of it.
比尔你不用管管这些
You don't need to worry about that, Bill.
这些完全不会影响你的 好吗
It's not going to affect you at all. Okay?
我不明白这怎么可能
I don't see how that's possible.
他们有一个关于发动机的大项目
T -- they got a hefty line item in here on engineering
但这不是我们应该做的吗
but that's what we're supposed to be doing.
你好像为同一个东西
It just seems like you're paying twice
付了两次钱 约翰
for the same thing, John.
我 我 这可能是用来避税的 比尔
Well, I, I.. It must be some kind of a tax shelter, Bill.
我不知道 我不是会计 对不起
I don't know. I'm not a CPA. I'm sorry.
约翰 我在这干嘛
John, what am I doing here?
我为什么在这
Why am I even here?
我喜欢比尔 我认为他做的工作很棒
I liked Bill. I think he'd done a tremendous job.
但是我确实炒了他
But the moment I found him reading the contract
看了合同他就知道
it was quite clear that what he'd already decided
他猜得是对的 他失业了
in his own mind was true, that he was out of a job.
科林·查普曼是不会让人
Colin Chapman was not gonna have
窥探到他的机密的
anybody looking over Colin Chapman's shoulder.
做这样的事 是不是需要变得铁石心肠
To do business like this, don't you have to be pretty ruthless?
我不觉得需要变成那样
Um, I don't think you have to be ruthless.
只是我需要时刻准备着
I -- I think you have to be prepared to make
做一些得罪人的决定
some unpalatable decisions at times.
因为经常要做一些类似
Cause frequently you're faced with
两害相权取其轻的决定
making a decision between two evils
所以总会伤害到一些人
and, and you're gonna hurt somebody.
约翰·德罗宁他自己是知道的
John DeLorean himself, he knew.
科林·斯普纳
工程师
莲花汽车
他和查普曼安排的
He'd arranged with Chapman that
就是这样
that this is the way it's gonna be.
而他的美国团队对此一无所知
Nobody had told the -- the guys from the US team.
令人痛心的是
It becomes painfully clear that
比尔和他的团队都失业了
Bill and his engineering team are out of a job.
不仅如此 这笔交易的资金上
And not only that, there's something very fishy going on
也存在一些可疑的事情
with the finances of this deal.
科林·查普曼会乐意去做一些
Colin Chapman was going to be willing to do things
比尔绝对无法接受的事情
that Bill would never have been comfortable with.
至于约翰 我认为这对他们的合作来说
And for John, I think that was an important aspect
是很重要的一个方面
to this partnership.
对当时的他来说是如此重要
And it was the type of thing that was so important to him at the time that
他甚至愿意牺牲比尔
he was willing to sacrifice Bill.
亲爱的约翰 在我深思熟虑之后
"Dear, John, after much deliberation on my part
很明显对于我们俩来说
"I feel it is obvious to both of us
我在你事业中的存在
"that my participation in your venture
已经不是当初预期的那样了
"is no longer the same as intended.
在目前这种情况下
"Under the current circumstances
我唯一的选择就是
"I feel the only alternative for me is to
递交我的辞呈
"tender my resignation
辞去我现在的一切事务
"in all my present positions at this time.
祝你和其他人好运
I wish you and the rest of the team the best of luck."
过了这么多年
All these years later...
它看上去还是很不错
...it still looks great.
要是内饰是棕色的就好了
And it would be nice to have a brown interior.
我们从做这个项目起
Well, it'd-it'd been a long long time
已经过了好久好久了
that we'd been working on the project
我觉得自己完完全全被约翰出♥卖♥♥♥了
and -- and I felt that I was being totally undercut by John
他这样对我真的是
and he really owed me a hell of lot more than to
欠我太多了
treat me the way he did.
但好像是时候让这一切过去了
And it just seemed like the time to move on.
你还记得和约翰的那次对话吗
Do you remember having the conversation with John
你说了你要辞职的那次
where you said, "I -- I'm resigning?"
不 我不记得了
No, I don't remember.
我就是
I just..
我觉得我离开他应该会高兴
I think he was happy to see me go.
-你真的这么觉得吗 -是的
- Do you really? - Yeah.
他完全没有阻止你吗
He didn't try to stop you at all?
没有
No.
我们都是男人
We're all males
但是有种说法说是
but there's something to be said about
创造出DMC-12就跟生孩子一样
being the guy that's sort of the guy that bore the baby
一样的不容易
as it were with the DMC-12.
在我们拍摄之前 我们对约翰·德罗宁
Before we started filming, we knew nothing..
简直一无所知 真的
...about John DeLorean, really.
克里斯·海吉达斯
纪录片制♥作♥人
德 罗 宁
制♥作♥人
克里斯·海吉达斯
唐·彭内贝克
我们来做这个项目主要是
We basically came to the project
有家英国电视台想要
because a British television station wanted
做点有关于爱尔兰的东西
to do something on Ireland.
然后我就想 噢 天呐
And I was thinking, "Oh, boy
纪录片制♥作♥人
D·A·彭内贝克
我们可以做一部关于耶茨的精彩作品
we can do a -- a wonderful piece on Yates."
他们说 不 不 我们要做关于汽车的
They said, "No, no, we want it to be about automobiles
因为英国人都喜欢汽车
because everybody in England just loves automobiles."
像大多数我们的电影一样
Like most of our films, you know
主旨是看到那些想要
the idea was to kind of watch somebody who wants to
实现人生愿望的人 就像约翰一样
fulfill a life dream and, you know, that's who John was.
约翰·扎卡里·德罗宁不经常笑
John Zachary DeLorean certainly doesn't smile much.
原因很简单
The reason is simple.
他人生中最重要的项目
The most important project in his life
还没有完成
is yet to be accomplished.
他非常警觉 我想是因为在他脑海中还有
He was very guarded because he had so many things
很多事情需要找到答案
I guess, on his mind to get figured out all the time.
我们从第一天开始就受到了一些批评
Uh, we've had some kind of criticism right from day one.
首先是说我们永远都安排不好项目
First, uh, we were never gonna get the program together.
那我们就永远得不到资金
Then we'd never get the financing.
也就永远无法建造工厂
Then we'd never build the plant.
我认为在汽车制♥造♥业内
I don't think the motor car manufacturing industries
乔治·克雷恩
工厂员工
德罗宁汽车公♥司♥
不管是美国 英国 还是欧洲大♥陆♥
whether it be America UK, mainland,
没有人相信他可以成功
actually ever thought that it could be done.
现在批评家们在预测
Now the critics are forecasting our failure
我们两到三年后会失败
two or three years from now.
所以 我想只要你能做到将你的失败
So, I think as long as you can always keep your failure two
保持两到三年 你可能会做得很好
or three years in the future, you're probably gonna do okay.
我认为德罗宁当时的问题在于
I think DeLorean's problem was at that time
迪克·马尔霍兰德
工厂员工
德罗宁汽车公♥司♥
他需要汽车 并且是急需汽车
he needed cars and he needed cars in a hurry.
你需要选择三四个大市场并持续跟踪
You gotta pick the three or four big markets and go after 'em.
我们不能等14个月再开始销♥售♥
We can't wait 14 months to start selling.
那段时间是有一种持续性的焦虑
It was a constant panic of racing the clock
需要争分夺秒 与时间赛跑
and it was a damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead.
杰瑞·威廉森
特殊项目经理
德罗宁汽车公♥司♥
这真是制♥造♥汽车的全过程
It was such a process of building the car
能看见是什么零件部位在起作用
and seeing what -- what was working
什么没起作用
and what wasn't working.
上控制臂有问题
We've had problems on the upper control arm
在球头周围
around the ball joint
我们还有个扭杆故障
but we also had a torsion rod failure
41000次循环
at 41,000 cycles.
所有人都知道会有问题
Everybody knew that there were gonna be problems.
科林·斯普纳
工程师
莲花汽车
你的看法是 是的 我们也预料到了
The view you took was, well, yeah, we expected this.
好吧 我们就把它修好
Fine, let's get on and fix it.
这很疯狂 绝对很疯狂
It was crazy. Absolutely crazy.
但也很令人兴奋
But it was exciting.
你作为操作员看到那可爱的
You were an operator on the floor seeing that lovely
不锈钢车被按部就班的组装在一起
stainless steel car going together the way it should go.
那是非常值得的
That was very rewarding.
电影精选列表