NICK:Back, forth.
尼克:往后,向前。
Back, forth.
往后,向前。
-(OLD NICK CLEARS THROAT) -NICK: Back, forth.
-[老尼克清了请喉咙] -尼克:往后,向前。
Back, forth.
往后,向前。
Back, forth.
往后,向前。
NICK: Okay.
尼克:好了。
You're a piece of shit, Nick.
你就是一坨屎,尼克。
Now, you're gonna practice a couple 200,000 times,
then I'm gonna come back and check on you.
现在,你要练习20万次,然后我会回来检查你的情况。
Boy, if you're gonna drool every time you look at her,
伙计,如果你想每次看到她,都忍♥不住流“哈喇子”,
then put that lens in the glasses,
and turn your head around,and face the wall.
那就把那镜片戴上,转过头去,面壁思过。
I'll be back.
我会回来的。
Sheila!
希拉!
Hey. Come here.
嘿。过来。
SHEILA:No, get the fuck away.
希拉: 不,你给我滚开。
-NICK: Come here. -SHEILA: No.
-尼克:过来。 -希拉:不。
-NICK: Calm down! -SHEILA: Get out!
-尼克:安静! -希拉:滚开!
NICK:Calm down!
尼克:安静!
My, my.
我的天,我的天。
Here, uh, let me show you some tips for rackin.
来,让我给你展示一些摆球的招数。
No panacea or anything,but give you a good shot
at the double hole as any player on the planet.
没有灵丹妙药什么的,但能让你进“双洞”,打得比地球上任何球员都好。
Panacea.
灵丹妙药。
That's a $100 word.
这是值100美元的单词。
You in school?
你上过学吗?
Quit. Long time ago.
退学了。在很久以前。
But I do like to read.
但我喜欢读书。
With my good eye.
用我那只好眼睛。
How did you lose the other one?
你那只眼睛,是怎么失去视力的?
Long story.
说来话长。
So, what you wanna do,
所以,你想做的是,
you wanna get the rack about yay far behind that dot
on the table right there, right?
你要把球框,放在桌子上那个点的后面,行吧?
Mm-hmm.
嗯,嗯。
And then, uh--
还有,呃...
Uh, and then you pull the, uh, balls out of the middle like that.
然后,像这样,呃,把它从球中间提起来。
Okay? You wanna try?
看见了?你想试一下吗?
Yeah.
好的。
So, uh, Nick givin you a piece of my winnins or...
那么说,尼克把我赢的钱分你一份,还是...
Uh, I wish.
呃,我希望如此。
What's your stake in this?
这里什么算是你的奖金?
Tips and such?
小费之类的吗?
For now.
现在是这样。
-That's pretty good. -Thank you.
-这样非常好。 -谢谢你。
-You should break it. -I think I will.
-你应该开球了。 -我想我会的。
You believe that shit Nick was spoutin about women not being capable?
你相信,尼克说的那些,女人能力差的屁话吗?
I try not to, ma'am.
我尽量不这么想,女士。
At least you're honest.
至少,你是诚实的。
So, who's the best high-stakes player in the world right now?
那么,现在谁是世界上最好的“豪赌玩家”?
Well, a few years ago I was headin there.
几年前,我也去过那里。
Not anymore.
再没有什么了。
Shit.
倒霉。
So, who is?
那是谁呢?
In the whole wide world?
在全世界范围吗?
Now, I tell you one thing,Nick used to be in that conversation.
现在,我告诉你一件事,尼克曾经参与过那次会谈。
Now you ask 20 people,some'll say Tony Rooster Rose,others say Beaumont DuBinion.
现在你要问那20个人,有人会说是,托尼.“公鸡”罗斯,有人会说是,博蒙特.杜比尼恩。
My opinion?
要问我的看法?
You know, I'm asking you, aren't I?
难道我不是在问你吗?
Well, I've seen Tony a few times and he's impressive,don't get me wrong.
嗯,我见过托尼几次,他给人印象深刻,别误会我的意思。
Keep in mind,DuBinion played here only once.
请记住,杜比尼恩只在这里玩过一次。
But if any man or woman in the world is better than him,
但要是说。世界上有什么男人或女人,玩得比他还好,
I wouldn't know how.
我就不知道该说什么了。
Well, then if I wanna be the best,I gotta beat DuBinion.
如果我想成为最棒的,我就得打败杜比尼恩。
LITTLE NICK:That ain't gonna happen.
小尼克:不可能的。
If I'd easily hurt feelings,I'd say you just hurt 'em.
如果说,我的情绪受到了伤害,那就是你刚才伤害的。
I'm sorry, I didnt--I didn't mean it personal or nothin.
对不起,我不是,我没有针对你的意思。
You-- you may-- you may get good enough.
你...你可以...你可以会变得足够好的。
That's for sure.
那时肯定的
But, uh, I just don't think DuBinion's comin back here is all after what happened.
但是,呃,我不认为杜比尼恩回这来,是因为发生了那件事。
What happened?
发生了什么?
Now you can't tell anybody that you heard this from me, okay?
你不能告诉别人,是我告诉你的,好吗?
But, uh...
但是,呃...
I'd feel remiss if I didn't warn you about the man you're dealin with here.
如果我不提醒你,你要提防的是这个人,我会觉得我失职了。
DIANA: What man? Nick?
黛安娜:什么人?尼克?
DIANA:Is this how Nick lost his fingers?
黛安娜:尼克就是这样,失去手指的吗?
LITTLE NICK:No.
小尼克:不是。
Some boys up in Memphis chopped em' off a few months ago.
几个月前,孟菲斯的几个男孩,把它们砍了。
Here we go.
现在,我们开始吧。
LITTLE NICK:This was before that.
小尼克:这是在那件事之前。
I gotta say from the outset that Nick and Old Nick
did not do enough reconnoiterin when it came to Beaumont DuBinion.
我得说,从一开始,尼克和老尼克没有做足够的侦察,当它涉及到博蒙特.杜比尼恩。
-OLD NICK: Right in, welcome. -DIANA: Quite a name.
-老尼克:来得正好,欢迎。 -黛安娜:不错的名字。
LITTLE NICK:Pride of Mobile, Alabama.
小尼克:带着阿♥拉♥巴马,莫比尔人的那种自豪。
(早期南方殖民地,最早是法国人开♥发♥的)
Ladies and gentlemen,Mr. Beaumont DuBinion.
女士们,先生们,这位是博蒙特.杜比尼恩先生。
NICK:Well, well.Come on now. Come on now.
尼克:嗯,很好。来吧。来吧。
Thank you, thank you.
谢谢你们,谢谢你们。
LITTLE NICK:See, Nick knew he was black,
小尼克:你看,尼克知道,他是个黑人,
and I think that blinded him to the reality.
我认为,这让他被现实蒙蔽了。
See, more than any man before or after that,
Nick wanted to take that black man down.
在那之前或之后,尼克比任何人,都更想扳倒那个黑人。
Anyway,this DuBinion fella's like Nick's polar opposite.
总之,这个杜比尼恩,就像尼克的截然对立面。
Friendly, big smile.
友好地,笑容灿烂。
Good afternoon.How's everybody doin?
下午好。大家都好吗?
BEAUMONT:All right.
博蒙特:没问题。
Well, I'm hopin we can all provide y'all with some quality entertainment today.
我希望,我们今天,能给你们提供一些,高质量的娱乐。
I'm Nick.
我叫尼克。
-Nice to meet you. -NICK: You, too.
-很高兴认识你。 -尼克:见到你,也很高兴。
Appreciate the invitation.
感谢盛情邀请。
Now-- thank you.
现在...感谢你。
Sheila, take that coat.
希拉,来接过外套。
Folks tell me that, uh,the house rules
in my neck of the woods is different from y'all's here.
人们告诉我,我们那里的规矩,和你们这里的不一样。
Now, we say a man doubles up five times in a row,then he's earned out.
现在,我们说一个人连续五次“加倍”,那么他就赢了。
But if he wants to go on and try for more,the doublin starts over.
但如果他想继续尝试更多,“加倍”就会重新开始计算。
Well,here we'd call them pussy rules.
在这里,我们称之为“懦夫规则”。
I mean, here we just keep doublin and doublin as long as a man can do it.
我的意思是,在这里,只要一个人能做到,我们就会不断地加倍。
Now, not a lot of fellas around here,cept me, can get to five,much less more.
除了我,这附近没几个人,能做到连续五次“加倍”,更别说更多了。
Wow.
哇。
You hear the fishin in that?
你听到过,有像这样“钓鱼”的吗?
Man is hopin to glean some of my secrets.
有人希望,能一睹我的一些秘密。
Tell you what, you wanna know what I'm capable of,
you're gonna have to pay to see it.
跟你说,你想知道我的能力,你得付钱才能看到。
NICK: Yeah.
尼克:好的。
Now, we can start with, say,500 a game.
现在,我们可以从一局500块开始。
Start wherever you want,as long as we play by the house rule.
你想在哪开始都行,只要我们遵守台球厅规矩就行。
Your house, your rules.
你的台球厅,你说了算。
Lag for break?
碰岸比近?
(决定开球权的方式)
NICK:No. No.
尼克:不,不。
What kind of a host would I be if I didn't say your choice?
如果我不说,由你来决定,我还算什么主人?
Okay.
好吧。
That's mighty hospitable of you.
你真是太好客了。
NICK:Thank you.
尼克:谢谢你。
I'll break.
我来开球。
I can tell you somethin right now, though.
不过,我现在可以告诉你一件事。
I ain't quittin until I cleaned you out.
不把你掏空,我是不会罢休的。
Well, then we could be here forever then.
那我们就可以,永远呆在这里了。
BEAUMONT:Come on. Come on.
博蒙特:来吧。来吧。
LITTLE NICK:Double.
小尼克:加倍了。
Mr. DuBinion wins $1,000.
杜比尼恩先生赢了1000块。
Hes probably (INDISTINCT SPEECH)
他有可能 [听不清说什么]
All right. Here we go.
好吧。我们开始吧。
Goin for two in a row now.
现在,已经连续两次了。
电影精选列表