1998年 佐治亚州 金斯维尔
双倍赌约
MAN 1:Everything she told us was true.
男人1:她告诉我们的一切都是真的。
Same time, it was all a lie.
同时,这又都是谎言。
And yeah, she could be tough.
是的,她可能很厉害。
But in this world, she had to be.
但在这个世界上,她必须要这样。
Hey, welcome to Nick's.
嘿,欢迎来到“尼克家”。
I'm-- I'm Little Nick.
我是...我是小尼克。
MAN 2:You got that letter?
男人2:你收到那封信了?
Diana.
黛安娜。
You come to shoot pool?
你是来打台球的吗?
Didn't come to adopt a puppy.
我不是来认养小狗的。
Of course.
当然了。
Uh, what's your game?
呃,你想怎么玩?
DIANA:I'm partial to eight-ball.
黛安娜:我偏爱玩“抢黑八”。
For now, I'd just like to practice some.
现在,我想练习一些。
Practice some comin up.
马上就让你练习。
You want somethin to drink?
你想喝点什么吗?
DIANA:I'm good.
黛安娜:我很好。
Doing better than that.
喝点儿喝会更好。
LITTLE NICK:Sorry about that, maam.
小尼克:别介意那个男人。
LITTLE NICK:Set up at this, uh, table in the corner.
[小尼克]就摆在,呃,角上这张台子上了。
It's six an hour, in advance.
一小时六元,先付钱。
You want a game, just find me or ask the old man there.
你想比赛,就来找我,或者问那边的老头。
House gets 10% of the action.
台球厅会抽头10%。
What's the what-for for that?
这是什么规矩?
Lot of places, a man don't make it to his vehicle with his winnins intact.
很多台球厅都这样,赢者不可能“一毛不拔”地回他车上的。
That don't happen here.
这在这里,是不会发生的。
I've heard tell a rough episode or two.
我只听过,一、两次不愉快的经历。
Well, it's pool, ain't it?
这就是台球厅,不是吗?
But in general,nothin' happens here that Nick don't want to happen.
但总的来说,这里没有尼克不想发生的事。
You're referrin to yourself in the third person?
你用“第三人称”称呼自己?
Uh, no, no, ma'am.
呃,不不,女士。
I'm-- I'm Little Nick.
我是...我是“小尼克”。
I'm referrin to Nick that owns the place.
我说的“尼克”,是这家台球厅的老板。
Huh.
呃。
#You are the color blue #
你,就是那蓝色的球
#As I'm lookin through #
当我看过去时
#At the magic mood#
怀着魔法般的心情
#I don't know what to do #
我不知该怎么办了
#When I look at you #
当我看你时
#Are you looking, too #
你也在看吗
You got some pop.
你打得很老派啊。
Where'd you learn to shoot like this?
这么出杆,你从哪学的?
Man I know showed me.
我认识的人,教了我。
(BALLS CLACKING)
[球咔塔声]
MAN 3:That man got any claim on you?
男人3:那男人对你有“索求”吗?
No man's got a claim on me and never will.
没有男人会对我有“索求”,以后也不会有。
That's a pretty forward question for someone who just met.
对于刚认识的人来说,问这个问题也太冒失了。
Privilege of ownership.
俺的地盘,俺说了算。
I'm Nick.
我就是尼克。
-Diana.-Huh.
-黛安娜。 -哈。
How many Nicks y'all got around here?
你们这个地方,到底有多少个“尼克”?
Three.Only one that matters, though.
三位。不过只有一位是,说了算的。
DIANA:Cute.
黛安娜:真逗。
NICK:What brought you here?
尼克:什么风儿,把你吹到这儿来的?
My truck.
我的卡车。
You just deliberately opaque,that's your deal?
你假装神秘,这是你的伎俩吗?
I just don't like tellin total strangers my life story.
我只是不想跟陌生人,讲我的故事。
I did hear if you wanna get good at keno,this is the place.
我听说,如果你想学好“基诺”,就来这里。
(一种赌博类游戏)
Well, your hearing's real good then.
那说明,你的听力不错啊。
Which one of you show ponies wanna give this gal some instruction?
你们谁能,给这小妞点“露两手”看看?
Depends on the kind you mean.
这取决于,你指的是哪种“露”。
-MAN 4: I'll show her. -MAN 5: I'll show her.
-男人4:我会“露给她”看的。 -男人5:我会“露”给她看的。
Yeah, I bet you will.
好吧,我想你们都巴不得。
Sheila, get this girl a beer on the house.
希拉,请这丫头,喝杯免费的啤酒。
Appreciate it,but I don't drink.
谢谢,但我不喝酒。
She don't drink.
她不喝。
NICK:Well, get her a sweet tea,sweetie.
尼克:嗯,给她一杯甜茶,亲爱的。
(美国南部在煮沸水时或煮沸后立即加入糖来使茶超饱和的冰茶。)
Come find me when you're done and let me know what you think.
你们完事后,来找我,让我知道,你们的感受。
Pinch yourselves, ladies.
别中了圈套,“女士”们。
I'm Bobby.
我是鲍比。
Steve.
史蒂文。
I can see that.
我看得出。
Diana.
黛安娜。
BOBBY:Pleasure.
鲍比:幸会。
Have you ever played keno before?
你以前玩过“基诺”吗?
Not as much as I'd like.
想玩,但玩得不多。
Every play seems to have different rules.
每个游戏,似乎都有不同的规则。
Well, it's pretty simple.
其实很简单。
Conceptually, the idea is just to shoot a ball up onto the board and then--
从概念上讲,就是把球,射到分值棋盘上,然后...
Yeah, and-- and get the, uh, ball into the same numbered hole.
对,然后把球推进,同一个号♥码洞。
O-- or the, uh, double hole,
but keep in mind,the double hole only wins on the break.
哦...或者“双倍洞”,但记住,“双倍洞”只要在开球时,就获胜。
Well, I was in the process of sayin' that.
这也是我要说的。
Well, then just say it.
那你就说嘛。
Can I try it?
我能试一下吗?
-Yeah, please, sure. -Please.
-当然可以,来试吧。 -请吧。
DIANA: Thanks.
黛安娜:谢谢。
Ooh!
喔!
The board is greased lightnin.
这板子,好像上了润滑油。
It is.
是的。
Now, try again. Softer.
现在,再试一次。柔和些。
Y'all are payin for this table.
你们都要为这张桌子付钱。
Let me pay my share.
我先掏出,我的那一份儿。
STEVE:Oh, no. Wouldn't hear of it.
史蒂夫:哦,不。不用先付钱。
Uh, please be our guest.
呃,请随意。
Yeah.
是的。
That's mighty kind.
你真是太好了。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Ooh!
哦!
Wrong hole, though, right?
进错洞了,对吧?
Yeah, but you're gettin it.
是的,但你学会了。
BOBBY:I mean, it may look simple,but this is the hardest shot in pool, bar none.
鲍比:我的意思是,这看起来可能很简单,但这是台球中最难的一杆。
STEVE:Yeah, especially the double.
史堤夫:是啊,尤其是要进“加倍洞”。
I mean, if you just miss that by a teeny weeny bit,
I mean,that ball just loops out.
我的意思是,如果你只差一点点,球就会滚出去。
-Can we try a game? -Oh.
-我们试着玩吧? -哦。
DIANA: What's the stakes?
黛安娜:赌注是多少?
Uh, 10 a game, but you know what?
呃,一局10块钱,但你知道吗?
-You're just learning, so-- -That's fine.
-你才刚刚学会,所以... -没事的。
It's the best way to learn.
实战,是最好的学习。
-BOBBY: Well, yeah.-STEVE: It's my break, so--
-鲍比:那么,好吧。 -史蒂夫:我来开球,所以...
-No.-No, it is my break.
-不。 -不,该我开球了。
Could you just go?
你能让开一下吗?
Now, watch how he racks,
现在注意,他怎么用“三角框”摆球,
because in keno,rackin is critical.
因为是在玩“基诺”,三角框摆球,是很关键的。
BOBBY:The 14 and 5 balls usually go on the outside
鲍比:14号♥和5号♥球通常在外面,
'cause the 5 and 14 holes are right next to the double hole.
因为5号♥洞和14号♥洞就在“双倍洞”的旁边。
So if you miss a double,you might get a winner anyway.
所以,如果你错过了“加倍洞”,你可能还是会赢。
-Yeah. -Yeah.
-是的。 -是的。
Whoa, double, Bobby!
哇,进加倍洞了,鲍比!
(BOBBY CHUCKLING)
[鲍比呵呵笑]
Good shot.
打得漂亮。
BOBBY: Yeah.
鲍比:是的。
-Um. -What?
-呃。 -怎么了?
Well, so he hit a double on the break,which doubles the bet,
嗯,开球就进了双倍洞,赌注也要加倍,
and, uh, until he misses,he keeps goin.
还有,呃,除非他射偏了,他可以继续打。
So I don't even get to shoot yet?
所以,我还不能“开杆”吗?
No, ma'am, not until I miss.
不能,女士。 除非我没射进洞。
But I don't feel right takin your money.
但我觉得,拿你的钱不对。
电影精选列表