你真了不起,整形的真好
You're so cool. So adjusted.
不,我没有,我不需要整形。我天生就是个盲人
No, I'm not. I never had to adjust. I was born blind.
如果我原先看得见,后来失明了,会不一样的
It'd be different if I'd been able to see then went blind.
对于我,失明是正常的
For me, blindness is normal.
我6岁的时候才发现其他人都不是盲人
I was 6 before I found out everybody else wasn't blind.
这并没有什么不同。所以放松点,好吗?
By then it didn't make any difference. So, let's relax, okay?
你知道,如果我们对此能有点笑声会更好
You know, if we can have a few laughs, so much the better.
一点笑声?
A few laughs?
对于失明这件事吗?
About blindness?
不,不是关于失明
No, not about blindness.
你不能忘记这个吗?
Can't you forget that?
你是我遇到的第一个盲人
Well, you're the first blind person I ever met.
太糟了,他们不会为此发奖给你的
Too bad they don't give out prizes for that.
我在街上看见过盲人,他们都带着狗……
I've seen blind men on the street, and everything, with dogs...
……但是,你为什么没有一条狗呢?
...but why don't you have a dog?
它们太引人注目了,我宁可靠自己
They attract too much attention. I'd rather do it myself.
你在旧金山就没有遇到过麻烦吗?
Don't you have trouble getting around San Francisco?
我的意思是,连我都觉得麻烦
不,我用盲杖很得心应手
-I mean, it's tough for me.
-No, I manage very well with my cane.
我精确地知道去洗衣房♥,药房♥和熟食店分别需要几步
I know exactly how many steps to the laundry, drugstore, and delicatessen.
洗衣房♥在哪里?我正好需要
Where's the laundry? I need one.
就在熟食店附近
Near the delicatessen.
出去,从前门右转走44步
Outside, turn right, and it's 44 steps from the front door.
我没看到
我指给你看
-I didn't see it.
-I'll show you.
你指给我看……
You'll show....
哇!
Wow!
那在你的公♥寓♥里面难道不会撞到东西?
What about your apartment? Don't you bang into things?
你会伤到自己
不会,我记住了房♥间的位置
-You could hurt yourself.
-No, I memorized the room.
床,吉他
Bed. Guitar.
浴室
Bathroom.
夹克,我的盲杖,前门
Jacket. My cane. Front door.
书架
Bookcase.
葡萄酒,酒杯,五斗柜
Wine, glasses, chest of drawers.
桌布
这些是什么书?
-Linens.
-What are these books?
盲文,餐桌
Braille. Dining table.
浴缸
Bathtub.
厨房♥
Kitchen.
番茄酱,油,盐,胡椒粉,糖,咖啡
Ketchup. Oil. Salt. Pepper. Sugar. Coffee.
天!
现在,如果你把烟灰缸放回原处
-Gee!
-Now, if you'll just put the ashtray back.
你瞧!
Voila!
你越是不移♥动♥物品,我越能像其他人一样做的好
As long as you don't move anything I'm as good as anybody else.
甚至更好,在我的住处我找不到任何东西
Better. I can't find anything in my place.
如果你真的想知道什么叫个混乱,看看我那儿就……
If you really want to see chaos, come look at....
哦,对不起
Oh, I'm sorry.
我是说……
我知道你的意思
-I meant....
-I know what you mean.
除了我看不见之外,我跟其他人没有任何区别
I'm no different from anybody else, except I don't see.
失明不会比其他人的反应更能困扰我
The blindness doesn't bother me as much as other people's reaction.
如果他们只是表现地自然一些
If they'd only behave naturally.
一些人假装内疚,
Some people assume guilt, which they can't...
因为我的母亲有市场地位
...because my mother has that market cornered.
所以,像你往常那样就好
So, just be yourself.
好吧,我总是以为失明的人有点……
Well, I always thought that blind people were...
……你知道,有点吓人
...you know, kind of spooky.
那是自然
But of course.
我们整天都倒挂在树干上睡觉
We sleep all day hanging upside-down from the shower rod.
当天黑以后,我们醒来,飞进人们的窗户
When it's dark we wake up and fly in through people's windows.
那就是为什么人们说,像蝙蝠一样瞎
That's why they say, "Blind as a bat."
不,我是认真的。现在严肃一点
No, I'm serious. Now be serious.
难道失明的人没有第六感吗?
Don't blind people have a sixth sense?
不,如果我有第六感,加起来也只有五种感官,不是么?
No. If I had six senses, I'd still only have five, wouldn't I?
我的其它感官,听觉,味觉和触觉
And my other senses, hearing, taste and touch...
也许比你更发达些,因为我更常利用它们
...might be a little more developed than yours because I use them more.
我给你演示一下
I'll show you something.
把我转几圈
Spin me around.
不,我的意思是真的转我几圈
No, I mean really spin me.
在我前面有什么东西
窗户
-There's something in front of me.
-The window.
太神了,你怎么做到的?
That's wild. How'd you do that?
这叫影子视觉
什么是影子视觉
-It's called shadow vision.
-What's shadow vision?
就是能够感觉到前方有物体
It's being able to sense that there's a solid object in front of you.
你也能做到。这是人体自身的警告,非盲人也能做到
You can feel it. It's a warning. Sighted people can do it, too...
但是盲人能做的更好一点
我想试试
-...but blind people can do it better.
-I want to try it.
哎呀!我的
Ouch! My....
这是盲人的优势
There are advantages to being blind.
哦,我想你不是那么痛苦真好
Oh, I think it's so great you're not bitter.
你看上去一点也不痛苦
You don't seem to have any bitterness at all.
我知道如果我是盲人,我一定会非常痛苦
I know I'd be terribly bitter if I couldn't see.
我知道我会变得令人讨厌
我看不一定
-I know I'd be disagreeable.
-I doubt it.
哦,不,我不会像你这样乐观
Oh, no. I couldn't be cheerful like you.
我丝毫没有勇气和刚毅之类的非凡品质
I don't have any of those marvelous qualities like courage and fortitude.
我也没有。我只是天生惹人喜爱
Well, neither do I. I'm just naturally adorable.
你远不止可爱
You're a lot more than that.
你是个非常优秀的人
You're a very superior person.
哦,是,我是了不起的
Oh, yeah. I'm fantastic.
“我不会温和地走进那个良夜”
"I would not go gentle into that good night"
“我会怒斥光的消逝”
"I would rage against the dying of the light"
迪伦·托马斯
Dylan Thomas.
谁?
这是迪伦·托马斯的诗
-Who?
-It's a line from a poem by Dylan Thomas.
是吗?
It is?
你是说我能引用迪伦·托马斯的诗句?
You mean I can quote Dylan Thomas?
他的诗怎么样?我甚至还没读过
How about that? I never even read him.
我不记得在哪里学过了。我能引用马克·吐温的名言
I don't know where I learned it. I can quote Mark Twain.
我特别喜欢引用马克·吐温的作品
My favorite quotation is by Mark Twain.
你想听听吗?
好
-You want to hear it?
-Go.
“我只要求自♥由♥。”
"I only ask to be free."
“蝴蝶是自♥由♥的”
"The butterflies are free."
“人类想必不会否认哈罗德·斯金坡尔……”
"Mankind will surely not deny to Harold Skimpole..."
“……让步蝴蝶的行为”
"...what it concedes to the butterflies."
我与蝴蝶有一种强烈的感觉,你喜欢吗?
I identify strongly with butterflies. Do you like it?
是的,非常喜欢。只是这不是马克·吐温写的
Yes, very much, except it wasn't written by Mark Twain.
为什么不是?
这是狄更斯写的
-Why not?
-It was written by Dickens.
你确信?
是
-Are you sure?
-Yeah.
哈罗德·斯金坡尔是狄更斯写的小说《荒凉山庄》中的一个角色
Harold Skimpole is a character in Bleak House by Dickens.
哦,我没有读过狄更斯的作品
Oh, I never read Dickens.
实际上,我也没读过马克·吐温的作品,但我总以为那个是他写的
Actually, I never read Mark Twain either, but I always thought he wrote that.
你是否读过……,噢!天!
Have you read.... Oh, God!
我读过狄更斯的书,还有马克·吐温的大多数作品
I have read Dickens and I've read most of Mark Twain...
……请不要再斤斤计较每一个词。这些书都有盲文版的
...and stop falling apart at every word. They're published in Braille.
问一个盲人是否读过什么真是太糟糕了
It's awful to ask someone who's blind if he's read something.
一点也不
Not at all.
实际上,我用我的指尖阅读的很好
Actually, I read very well with my fingertips.
只要问问我近来是否读过什么好书
Just ask me if I've felt any good books lately.
有人为你读过什么吗?
有,杂♥志♥和报纸
-Does anybody ever read to you?
-Yeah, magazines and newspapers.
什么时候我能为你读?
只要你愿意
-Could I read to you sometime?
-If you feel like it.
你喜欢什么杂♥志♥?
《时代》、《新闻周刊》、《伯克利芒刺报》(最有名最成功的校园地下报纸)
-What kind of magazines do you like?
-Time, Newsweek, Berkeley Barb.
电影精选列表