最后,我们达成协议,让我试着独♥立♥生活2个月
Finally, we agreed letting me try it for two months.
她将离开我2个月,我已经坚持了一个月了
She's to keep away from me for two months. I got a month to go.
为什么你告诉她你办了一个聚会?
Why did you tell her you had a party?
你听得很仔细啊!
就只听到一点
-You don't miss anything in there, do you?
-Very little.
我总是告诉她我办了一个聚会,或者我参加了一个
I always tell her I had a party or that I went to one.
她不会理解……
She wouldn't understand...
我为什么宁可独自一人,也不愿意和她还有编剧公♥司♥在一起
...why I'd rather be alone, than keeping her and the cook company.
她会恨这个地方的
She's going to hate this place.
她看都不用看,就已经恨这个地方了
She hates it now without even seeing it.
她会走进来说,“我都要哭了”
She'll walk in and say, "I could absolutely cry."
她常常哭吗?
不,仅仅是威胁
-Does she cry a lot?
-No, just threatens to.
如果她真的要哭,把她带到我的公♥寓♥,让她看看
If she really wants to cry, send her in to look at my place.
至少,你这里整洁多了
At least you're neat.
你知道,你的年纪已经可以独♥立♥生活了
我19岁
You know, you're old enough to live alone.
I'm 19.
你多大了?
根据我母亲的想法,我11岁
-How old are you?
-As far as my mother's concerned, I'm 11.
快到10岁了
Going on 10.
我们一定有相同的母亲
We must have the same mother.
我的母亲喜欢我的一生都长不大,这样她就不会老
My mother would love for me to stay a child all my life so she won't age.
她喜欢人们对她说我们俩看上去像姐妹
She loves it when people say to her we look like sisters.
即使人们不这样说,她也会这样告诉他们的
And if they don't say it, she tells them.
你有工作了吗?
Have you got a job?
没有,但是我会弹吉它,还获得一点机会
No, but I play guitar and I got a few prospects.
我明白了
I know.
我昨晚听见你弹了
I heard you last night.
哦,对不起
不,弹得非常好,真的!
-Oh, I'm sorry.
-No. It was good. Really!
我还以为是录音带呢,直到我听到重复弹
I thought it was a record till I kept hearing it over again.
我不会看谱子,所以我边听边模仿
I can't read music, so I got to learn by ear.
我正试图整合成一场表演
然后呢?
-I'm trying to put together an act.
-And then what?
我要试图靠这些主意赚钱
I'll try to cash in on some of those ideas.
我只知道一件事情:我不打算回希尔斯波路
I know one thing: I'm not going back to Hillsborough.
什么是希尔斯波路?
你不知道希尔斯波路?
-What's Hillsborough?
-You don't know Hillsborough?
我对这里再往上的地方知道的不多
I don't know much about any place up here.
我从洛杉矶来。我从来没去过比大瑟尔更北的地方
I'm from Los Angeles. I've never been north of the Big Sur.
希尔斯波路离这里大约10英里
Hillsborough is about 10 miles from here.
那儿是你住的地方吗?
不是
-Is that where you live?
-No.
我住在这里。那是我过去住的地方
好吧
-I live here. It's where I used to live.
-All right.
你说你的名字叫什么?
What did you say your name was?
吉尔·汤尔
Jill Tanner.
严格地说,我想我是本森夫人
Technically, I guess I'm Mrs. Benson.
我16岁的时候,结过一次婚
I was married once, when I was 16.
16?
Sixteen?
你的婚姻维持了多长时间?
How long were you married?
好像只有几周
It seemed like weeks.
实际上,只有6天
Actually, it was six days.
他怎么样?
What was he like?
对不起。我真的不想谈起他
I'm sorry. I really don't want to talk about it.
那就别说了,我很抱歉这么问
Then, don't. I'm sorry I asked.
不,我要谈谈他。偶尔也该做点……
No, I'll talk about him. Once in a while you should do something...
……不想做的事情。可以清理心绪
...you don't want to do. It cleanses the insides.
杰克看上去很粗野
Jack was wild-looking.
有几分青少年的模样
Sort of adolescent.
女孩总是比男孩成熟得更快一些,对吗?
Girls mature faster than boys, don't they?
不管怎样,我们相遇,就好像烈火,火箭
Anyway, we met and it was like fireworks, rockets.
每天都好像是国♥庆♥日
Every day was like Fourth of July.
然后,我们站在地方治安法官面前……
Then, we were standing before the justice of the peace...
……结婚了
...getting married.
在此之前你认识他多久了?
我不知道,2或3周吧
-How long had you known him?
-I don't know, two or three weeks.
但是我们结婚的时候,我甚至高中还没有毕业
But there we were, getting married. And I wasn't even out of high school yet.
而且我惦念着第二天我还有两场测验
And I had two exams the next day, and they were on my mind, too.
接着,我听到地方治安法官说:
Then, I heard the justice of the peace say:
“杰克,你愿娶吉尔作为你唯一合法的妻子吗?”
"Do you, Jack, take Jill to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
你能想象作为杰克和吉尔而度过一生的情景吗?
Can you imagine going through life as Jack and Jill?
接着,我听他回答说:
And then, I heard him say:
“直到死亡将我们分离”
"Till death do us part."
突然间,我感到这更像是一场葬礼,而不是结婚典礼
Suddenly, it became more like a funeral service then a wedding ceremony.
天!
太变♥态♥了
-Jesus!
-It was so morbid.
我憎恨任何病态的事情
I hate anything morbid.
为什么你不试图维持你的婚姻呢?
Why didn't you try to make your marriage work?
我做了
I did.
我试着维持了6天
I did. I tried for six days.
但我知道这是一个错误
那你是否爱上他了呢?
-But I knew it was a mistake.
-Were you in love with him?
是的,用我自己的方式
你的方式是什么?
-In my way.
-What's your way?
我不知道
I don't know.
不能仅仅因为你爱某人,就意味着……
Just because you love someone doesn't necessarily mean...
……你想要花费你的余生跟他们在一起
...you want to spend the rest of your life with them.
杰克爱我
And Jack loved me.
我意思是,他真的爱我
I mean, he really loved me.
而我伤害了他。那就是为什么我不能呆下去的原因
And I hurt him. That's just what I can't stand.
我只是从来不想伤害什么人
I just never want to hurt anybody.
婚姻就是一种承诺,不是吗?
Marriage is a commitment, isn't it?
而我就是不能遵守承诺或者与人关系亲密
And I just can't be committed or involved.
你能明白吗?
Can you understand?
是的,我明白,但我不赞同
Yeah, I can understand, but I don't agree.
好吧,那么你并没有真正明白
Well, then, you really don't understand.
我想我是个邋遢的人
I thought I was sloppy.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
除非你知道有些事情我是不知道的,比如烟灰对桌子有好处
Unless you know something I don't, like ashes are good for the table.
所以你都把烟灰弹在桌上?
Is that why you keep dropping them on there?
你移♥动♥了烟灰缸的位置?
Did you move the ashtray?
它就在这边,难道你瞎了吗?
是的
-It's right here. What, are you blind?
-Yes.
你说“是的”是什么意思?
我意思是,我是个盲人
-What do you mean, "Yes"?
-I mean, yes, I'm blind.
哦,你在开玩笑,别这样
Oh, you're putting me on. Don't do that.
不,我是盲人。一直是
No, I'm blind. I've always been blind.
你意思是,真的瞎了?
You mean, really blind?
不是近视?
Not just nearsighted?
我看不见任何东西
The works. I can't see a thing.
哦,天!我希望我没说那些话
Oh, God! I hope I didn't say anything.
等一等,别觉得不自在,我没关系
Wait a minute. Don't get self-conscious about it. I'm not.
你为什么不告诉我?
不是刚刚说了吗?
-Why didn't you tell me?
-I just did.
我的意思是,我刚进门的时候就说
你没问
-But I mean, when I came in.
-You didn't ask me.
为什么我会问你?
Why would I ask you?
我不会走到某人家里,问:
I don't walk into somebody's house, saying:
“嗨,我是吉尔·汤尔,你是盲人吗?”
"Hi, I'm Jill Tanner. Are you blind?"
我也不会逢人就说“我是唐·贝克,跟蝙蝠一样的瞎子”
I don't meet someone and say, "Don Baker. Blind as a bat."
我仍然认为你应该告诉我。如果是我,我会告诉你的
I still think you should've told me. I would've told you.
我想看看你会花多长时间发现我是个盲人
I wanted to see how long it'd take you to catch on.
哦,天!
Oh, God!
当我看见你一直站在窗户前
When I saw you standing at the window all that time.
那样要比在房♥间里凉快很多
It's the coolest spot in the room.
我以为你是个偷♥窥♥狂
I thought you were a peeping Tom.
我把这称之为积极的想法
That's what I call positive thinking.
我几乎都要报♥警♥了。也许我会呢?
You know, I nearIy called the police. Suppose I had?
呃,他们不会把你关起来
Well, they would've locked you up.
电影精选列表