你描述的女孩正是我所梦想的
You've described the girl of my dreams.
你看不出好的和坏的区别。我能
You can't see the difference between good and bad. I can.
我能观察人们的脸和眼睛。你不能
I can look into people's faces and eyes. You can't.
我能穿越他们的眼睛,看到他们的灵魂
I can see past their eyes, into their souls.
请别忘记了小唐尼·达克,还有他的幻视能力
Leave us not forget Little Donnie Dark and all that vision.
我希望你确实有那种幻视能力
我确信你有,母亲
-I wish you did have some of that vision.
-I'm sure you do, Mother.
事实上你难道没有因为你生下了一个失明孩子而感到羞耻?
Deep down haven't you always been ashamed you produced a blind child?
这没什么可羞愧的
那么尴尬呢?
-There's nothing to be ashamed of.
-Embarrassed, then?
你从来没给我尴尬的理由
You have never given me reason to be embarrassed by you.
进来
Come on in.
很抱歉打断你们
I hate to bother you.
什么事?
What is it?
只是另一个拉链问题
Just another zipper.
坚持下去,我想你会获胜
Hang in there. I think you're winning.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
她对你可真有帮助。她甚至都不能自己穿衣服
She'll be a big help to you. She can't even dress herself.
那就是我能帮助她的地方
我有一个绝妙的建议
-That's where I can help her.
-I have a wonderful idea:
你回家来。我把你的床升高。在车♥库♥里有一架梯子
You come home, I'll have your bed raised. There's a ladder in the garage.
很好的尝试,母亲。只是这不一样
Nice try, Mother. It just wouldn't be the same.
好吧。如果你坚持呆在这里,我就不再供养你
All right, if you insist on staying here, I will not support you.
你要干什么?
打电♥话♥给《旧金山新闻》
-What're you doing?
-Calling the Chronicle.
弗洛伦斯·贝克拒绝帮助残疾人
Florence Baker refuses to help the handicapped.
我是严肃的,唐尼
那我会打电♥话♥给《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》
-I'm serious, Donnie.
-Then I'll call The New York Times.
你要怎么弄钱?你积攒的那点很快就会花光
What are you going to do for money? The little you saved must be gone now.
我总能拿着一个锡罐子,走遍大街
I can always walk along the streets with a tin cup.
现在你在使我尴尬了
不会。我会避开塞克斯百货的
-Now you're embarrassing me.
-No, I'll keep away from Saks.
你马上停止开玩笑,告诉我你的计划
You just stop all this joking and tell me what your plans are.
我计划弹唱吉他赚钱。我弹得很好。你自己说过的
I plan to sing and play the guitar. I'm pretty good. You said so yourself.
我没有想到你会计划靠此为生
I had no idea you were planning to make a career of it.
你对你面临的困境没有一点主意吗?
Have you any idea of the competition you're facing?
我有跟其他人一样好的机会
I have just as good a chance as anybody else.
甚至更好。我有魅力
Better. I have charisma.
我能问一下你是怎么得出这个辉煌结论的?
May I ask how you arrived at this brilliant decision?
这是最基本的,我亲爱的母亲,用最基本的排除法
It's elementary, my dear Mother, by the simple process of elimination.
我罗列了所有我不能做的事情,像商务航♥空♥飞行
I made a long list of all the things I couldn't do, like commercial airline pilot.
我怀疑美环球航♥空♥公♥司♥会乐意让我驾驶他们的飞机……
I doubt that TWA would be too pleased of having me flying their planes...
……美联合航♥空♥或者泛美航♥空♥也不会。
...nor United or Pan Am.
摄影家?
Photographer?
绝对剔除,还有球类运动员和出租车司机
A definite out, along with ball player and cab driver.
斗牛士?
Matador?
我不看好
Didn't strike me as too promising.
很坦诚
Honestly.
我考虑过做眼科医生……
I considered becoming an eye doctor...
……但这就好像盲人给盲人引路
...but that would just be a case of the blind leading the blind.
开个玩笑,母亲
That was a little joke, Mother.
我说了是个小玩笑
I said it was little.
我猜这吉他演奏的主意是琳达·弗莱彻灌输给你的
I suppose Linda Fletcher put this guitar idea into your head.
你会说这是个好主意
You might say she was instrumental.
哦,天!
那也是个玩笑
-Oh, boy!
-That was another joke.
你开始嘲笑某件事。人们会把你当成女同性恋的
You got to start laughing at something. People are going to think you're a lesbian.
你确实变得油腔滑调了,对吗?
You certainly have picked up some colorful language, haven't you?
在这里你能学到每件事
好吧,我想,年青人……
-You learn everything down here.
-Yes. Well, I think, young man...
……你学得够多了
...you have learned just about enough.
我几乎不认识我自己的儿子了
I hardly recognize my own son.
你在做什么?
我很久以前就该做的事情
-What are you doing?
-What I should've done long ago.
我要把你带回家
算了吧,母亲,没门
-I'm taking you home.
-Forget it, Mother. There's no way.
你不能一个人呆在这儿
我不是一个人。我有朋友
-You cannot stay down here alone.
-I'm not alone. I have friends.
你的那些聚会都是骗我的,这里没有聚会。你也没有朋友
You haven't fooled me with these parties. There are no parties. You have no friends.
我现在有了。本森太太
一条导盲犬也比她好
-I have now. I have Mrs. Benson.
-You'd be better off with a Seeing Eye dog.
那可没意思,另外,我已经有一个导盲母亲
Not as much fun. Besides, I got a Seeing Eye mother.
很好,而且她正要带你回家
That's right and she's taking you home.
本森太太还要学习怎么自己穿衣服
Mrs. Benson'll have to learn how to dress herself.
把行李箱放下
你要跟我回家
-Put the suitcase away.
-You're coming home with me.
给我行李箱
Give me that suitcase.
它在哪里?把它给我
Where is it? Give it to me.
给我
Give it to me.
妈妈,请停止对我的担忧吧
Mom, now please stop worrying about me.
我会好的
I'll be all right.
如果我的音乐事业不成功,我还可以学习法律和技术
If the music doesn't work out, I can always study law or technology.
现在有许多盲人可从事的工作
There are lots of things blind people can do today.
现在请不要再为我担忧了
Now please, stop worrying.
好了,我该走了,谢谢你的顺道来访
Well, I got to go. Thanks for dropping by.
你要去哪里?
购物
-Where are you going?
-Shopping.
我跟你说过了,我晚上要请本森太太吃饭
I told you, I'm having dinner in tonight, with Mrs. Benson.
只有我们两个
Just the two of us alone.
好吧,我会呆在这里直到你回来
我不要你在这里等
-Well, I'll just wait here until you get back.
-I don't want you to wait.
回家路上小心,我明天会打电♥话♥给你
Have a nice trip home, and I'll call you tomorrow.
听着,求你,我不想回家的时候还能闻到你在这里
Now, please, I don't want to smell you here when I get back.
晚餐之后,我猜还有一个狂欢吧
And after dinner, I suppose an orgy.
我希望有
I hope so.
不祥的事实终于显露出来:小唐尼·达克原来只是一个老淫棍!
At last the sinister truth is revealed: Little Donnie Dark is just a dirty old man!
本森太太
Mrs. Benson.
什么事?
Yes?
本森太太,我能给你说会儿话吗?
Mrs. Benson, might I speak to you for a moment, please?
我有个试镜,我马上就要走了
I have an audition and I should be leaving soon.
我对这个城市不了解。我常迷路
I don't know this town. I always get lost.
别担心,我不会耽搁你太久的
Don't worry, I'll see that you get off in time.
请进来,坐下,我想我们可以谈一下
Please, come in, sit down. I thought we might have a little chat.
女生之间的谈话。你想要茶还是咖啡?
Just girls, together. Can I get you coffee, tea?
不了,谢谢。如果刚才那个苹果还在的话……
No, thank you. But if that apple is still there.
我相信它还在
I'm sure it is.
唐在哪里?
购物去了
-Where's Don?
-Shopping.
要知道,你必须非常仔细地清洗水果和蔬菜
You must be so careful to wash fruits and vegetables today, you know.
现在什么东西上都喷杀虫剂
They spray those insecticides all over everything.
我不确信这会比害虫的危害少
I'm not sure that the bugs aren't less harmful.
我喜欢好看和闪亮的苹果
I like apples to be nice and shiny.
这场景有点眼熟,像什么来着?
This reminds me of something. What is it?
我不知道
I have no idea.
你递给我苹果,又好又闪亮
You handing me the apple, nice and shiny.
我知道了,白雪公主
I know. Snow White.
记得当巫婆把有毒的苹果递给白雪公主吗?
Remember when the witch brought her the poisoned apple?
对不起,我不是说现在就像那个故事
I'm sorry. I didn't mean that the way it sounded.
我知道你不是巫婆
I know you're not a witch.
当然不是,而且我也知道你不是白雪公主
Of course not. And I know you're not Snow White.
是的,好吧
Yes, well.
我确信我们的谈话很愉快,我希望我能呆得更久一点……
I certainly have enjoyed our talk, and I wish I could stay longer...
……但是我不得不去参加试镜了
...but I do have my audition.
听着,我的车就停在楼下。我载你去,我们路上谈
Listen, my car is right downstairs. I'll drop you and we can talk on the way.
你真好,贝克太太,我做梦都想不到你这么好
You're too kind, Mrs. Baker. I wouldn't dream of imposing.
你别客气,我整个下午都有空
You're not imposing. I'm free the whole afternoon.
不用了,不管怎么说,谢谢。我要先吃一下午餐
No, thanks anyway. I have to have my lunch first.
我很乐意载你去吃午饭
I'd love to take you to lunch.
我知道最好的餐馆。他们的食物好吃极了
I know the most wonderfuI restaurant. They have the best food.
不了,谢谢
你喜欢烤面条吗?
电影精选列表