母亲,我要回家!
放下!
-I'm coming home, Mother!
-Put it down!
请不要误解我
Please don't misunderstand me.
我想这个地方太可怕了
I think this place is dreadful.
我怀疑我的真实意愿。但是我没有选择住这里,你选择了
I doubt I ever will. But I didn't choose to live here. You did.
你迫不及待地要一个你自己的空间
You couldn't wait to get a place of your own.
你搬到这里,现在你想离开
You rushed into this, now you want out.
我想我们该谈谈这件事
I think we should talk about it.
这难道不可笑吗?你和我的想法完全正确……
Isn't it funny how you and I think exactly alike...
……只是从来不在同时
...only never at the same time.
妈妈,我做不到
I can't make it, Mom.
我只是知道我无法做到
I just know I'm not going to make it.
为什么?
Why?
因为一个女孩离开你了?
Because a girl has walked out on you?
两个女孩。别忘了琳达
那就会有10个女孩
-Two girls. Let's don't forget Linda.
-And it could be 10 girls.
你知道,女孩们也会离开视力正常的男人
Girls walk out on sighted men, too, you know.
你以为那样会让我感觉好些吗?
Is that supposed to make me feel better?
我希望会让你不再自责
It's supposed to make you stop feeling sorry for yourself.
你过去从来没有自责过,现在也不要
You haven't felt sorry for yourself before, please don't start now.
你会遇到许多女孩
You're going to meet so many girls.
终有一天你会遇见能和你保持永久关系的女孩
One day you'll meet one who's capable of a permanent relationship.
吉尔不是。她了解她自己
Jill isn't. She knows this herself.
我真的认为此时你最好留在这里
I really think that you're better off staying here for right now.
我不想让你带着挫败和沮丧的心情回家
I don't want you coming home discouraged and defeated.
你有你的音乐
天!
-You've got your music.
-Christ!
就一次,你就不能意识到,我不是小唐尼·达克?
For once, will you get it into your head I'm not Little Donnie Dark?
你说的很对,该死,我是灰心了,我是挫败了!
You're goddamn right I'm discouraged. I am defeated!
结束了
It's over.
你还记得唐尼·达克的第一个故事吗?
Do you remember the first Donnie Dark story?
不
No.
你那时5岁
You were five years old.
我们在太浩湖避暑
We were spending the summer at Lake Tahoe.
爸爸把你带进湖里
Dad took you into the lake.
那是第一次你走进比鱼缸更深的水里
It was first time you'd been in water deeper than your bathtub.
你吓坏了,整个加利福利亚都能听到你的尖叫声
You were terrified. They could hear you screaming all over California.
爸爸把你抱出,我把你抱上♥床♥。你还在发抖
Dad brought you in and I put you to bed. You trembled for hours.
那个晚上我给你讲了关于一个盲童的故事……
That night I told you a story about a blind boy...
……他能游过海洋,与海豚交谈
...who could swim the seas, and talk to dolphins.
海豚告诉他,敌人的潜艇……
The dolphins told him about the enemy submarines...
……打算要破坏美国海军……
...that were coming to destroy the U.S. Navy...
……唐尼·达克游回岸边,及时地拯救了美国海军
...and Donnie Dark swam ashore, in time to save them.
都是废话
A lot of crap.
第二天你学会了游泳
The next day you learned to swim.
我写这些故事并不是为了普利策文学奖
I didn't write those stories hoping for a Pulitzer Prize in literature.
我写它,是因为我发现这是一种方法
I wrote them because I found a way to help.
无论何时你气馁了,我会告诉你另一个故事
Whenever you were discouraged, I told you another story.
你会更加努力地参试,接着你会做得更好
You tried a little harder, and you did a little better.
我现在是否还要编一个故事,或者你已经足够成熟……
Shall I make up a story now, or are you man enough...
……到自己处理现在的问题?
...to handle the situation yourself?
一个月以前,你还觉得我不够成熟
A month ago, you didn't think I was man enough.
你说我还未准备好离开家
You said I wasn't ready to leave home.
为什么你改变主意了?
Why have you changed?
你怎么知道我改变了?
How do you know that I've changed?
你不再是一个月前离家的那个男孩了
You're not the boy who left home a month ago.
我今天来这里,希望你还是
I came down here today hoping that you were.
你知道,唐尼……
You know, Donnie...
……适应不依靠任何人……
...it's not easy to adjust...
……是不容易的
...to not being needed anymore.
我现在能做到。你也要继续过你自己的生活
I can do it now, and you get on with your own life.
我会很乐意看到你有几件得体的家具的
I'd like to see you have some decent furniture.
一些餐具和杯子
Some dishes and some glasses.
我会送一些来
I'll send some up.
好的
Okay.
还有桌布
And linens.
大一点的烟灰缸
Bigger ashtrays.
你知道……
You know...
……如果你拾掇一下这个地方,也许就不会那么糟了
...if you fix this place up, it might not be so bad.
要我帮你稍微拾掇一下吗?
Could I help you fix it up a little?
当然
Sure.
我明天打电♥话♥过来,我们再讨论
I'll call you in the morning and We'll talk about it.
妈妈?
Mom?
我很高兴你能过来
I'm glad you came.
我爱你,唐
I love you, Don.
我知道,妈妈
I know, Mom.
我知道你的确爱我
I know you do.
你怎么样了?
How are you doing?
我就好
I'll be right in.
好了,我猜我带上了所有东西
Well, I guess I got everything.
我把擦碗布和灯泡留在厨房♥了,你或许需要
I left my dishtowels and light bulbs in the kitchen if you want them.
谢谢。我不需要
Thanks. I don't need them.
我们就不用道别什么的了
Let's not have any big good-byes or anything.
我会联♥系♥你的
你能呆一会儿吗?
-I'll be in touch with you.
-Can't you stay a minute?
一旦我想去什么地方,我喜欢马上就走,你知道吗?
Once I'm going somewhere I like to get going, you know?
我也是
I'm the same way.
我打算来一杯黑麦威士忌和咸牛肉三明治
I was going to have a corned beef sandwich on rye.
你想来点吗?
Do you want one?
一旦我走了,我喜欢马上就走……
Once I'm going, I like to get going...
……除非有人给我提供一份黑麦威士忌和咸牛肉三明治
...unless somebody offers me a corned beef sandwich on rye.
我从里面锁上了门,你能为我把钥匙给看门人吗?
I locked the door from the inside. Will you give the key to the janitor for me?
当然
Sure.
我把它放在桌子上
I'm putting it here on the table.
你最好让他把这扇门重新锁上
You'd better have him lock up that door again.
我会等等看是什么人搬进来。也许是一些有趣的人
I'll wait and see who moves in. It might be someone groovy.
我希望是
Yeah, I hope so.
你要来杯啤酒吗?
You want a beer?
好的
Yeah.
蜡烛还点着
我非常虔诚
-The candles are still lit.
-I'm very religious.
妈妈在哪里?
Where's Mama?
她回家了
She went home.
最终意见是什么?
What was the verdict?
她接受了我的独♥立♥宣言
She accepted my declaration of independence.
你在开玩笑?
没有
-You're kidding?
-No.
我必须说她进行了一场大战役
I must say she put up a great battle.
也许她赢了
Maybe she should have won.
也许你最好回家
现在改变了
-Maybe you'd be better off at home.
-Now that's a switch.
我已经考虑过这个
来吧,女孩
-I've been thinking about it.
-Come on, girl.
这花了我一整天的时间,还有三品脱的血来使我母亲信服
It took me a day, and three pints of blood to convince my mother.
我没有必要找你吵架
可我喜欢事情为我而做
-I don't have to start on you.
-Well, I like to have things done for me.
那就放弃拉尔夫和那出戏,和我妈妈一起搬进来
Then give up Ralph and the play and move in with my mother.
芥末吃完了
没关系
-I'm out of mustard.
-I don't care.
你觉得拉尔夫怎么样?
What did you think of Ralph?
你在哪里?
Where are you?
我坐在沙发上
I'm on the sofa.
我无法分辨你的声音从哪里传来
I couldn't tell where your voice was coming from.
你以前都能
我不够专心
-You always could before.
-I wasn't concentrating.
他看上去很友好
He seemed very nice.
谁?
拉尔夫
-Who?
-Ralph.
你不喜欢他
You didn't like him.
他看起来非常友好
我可以告诉你,他不像你
电影精选列表