最后 当你年老体弱的时候
Finally, when you are old and frail,
你会不堪重负
you will collapse in exhaustion.
哦 亲爱的
Oh, sweetheart...
你为何哭泣
Why are you crying?
因为我一辈子都在
Because I've searched for my family
寻找家人
all my life,
直到我生命的尽头
to the end of my life,
但我还是孤身一人
and I'm still alone.
你不该为你的不幸哭泣
You should not be crying for your misfortunes,
为你的罪恶流泪
for your own sins.
你也被寻找过
You also have been searched for,
但你太过自私
but you're so lost in your own selfishness
以致没人能找到你
that no one could ever find you.
忏悔吧
Confess.
在你的同龄人面前
Before your peers.
但我做了什么
But what did I do?
你知道的
You know.
忏悔吧
Confess.
我是个懦夫
I've been a coward.
懦弱了一辈子
My whole life.
你会坦白一切
You will confess everything.
在那之后 你会发现
After which, you will find the earth
地面流淌着清水
replaced by good water.
你能美美地睡一觉
Sleep will come untroubled.
在远处的号♥角声中
To the sound of distant trumpets,
你会醒来 就像奇迹一样
you will awake, as if by a miracle,
出现在你璀璨的村庄脚下
at the foot of your glittering village.
没人会认出你
No one will recognize you,
但空气的味道和虫鸣
but the smell of the air, and the sounds of the insects,
以及晚霞划过
and the way the evening light
邻居老房♥子的烟囱
slashes itself across the chimney of a neighbor's old house,
会激起你心中生动的记忆洪流
will unloose in you a torrent of vivid memories.
你会被邀请去看一场特别演出
You will be invited to a special play
只在那晚的露天剧场上演
being put on in an outdoor theater just for that night.
尽管你饥肠辘辘
Despite your hunger,
你还是决定把最后的钱花去看演出
you will decide to spend your last dollar on this.
在过去的40年里 他的记忆力衰退了
Over the last 40 years, his memory had faltered
他已经无法记起
to the extent that he couldn't remember
他母亲的样貌
his own mother's face,
但只要吸一口这里的空气
but just by breathing in the air,
他就能百分百确定
he was seized by the absolute certainty
这里就是他的村庄
that this was his village.
没人记得他
Nobody remembered him,
即使他所有的邻居
and even though all of his neighbors
已经被年轻一代所取代
had been replaced by younger generations,
他依然认出了一切
he recognized everything,
不知何故 他也觉得被认出来了
and somehow he too felt recognized.
他的家在等着他
His home had waited for him,
仿佛相互奔赴一样
just as loyally as he had searched for it.
即使夕阳的余辉
Even the sight of the evening sun,
在熟悉的烟囱上投射出琥珀色的光芒
casting slashes of amber light across a familiar chimney,
让他陷入记忆的洪流
sent him reeling into a flood of memories.
我们的父亲接下来做了什么
What did our father do next?
那个村子在哪里
And where was the village?
我们只在小时候见过 没有记忆
We only saw it as boys and have no memories!
拜托了
Please,
告诉我们怎么找到它 -不 等等
tell us how to find it. -No, wait...
他接下来做了什么
What did he do next?
他饿得神志不清 身上的钱
He was delirious with hunger and only had enough money
只够买♥♥一碗汤 但他还没来得及花掉
for one bowl of soup, but before he could spend it,
他就被邀请来看特别演出
he was invited to a special play.
演出早已开始
It was already in progress,
但他觉得必须进去看看
but he felt compelled to go in,
所以他花掉了最后的钱
so he spent his last dollar.
他坐下没多久
Not long after sitting in,
他发现剧情的细节
he saw that the details of the plot
和他自己的人生
were impossibly similar to those
如出一辙
of his own life,
舞台上有三个年轻人
and there were three young men on the stage
长得和他十分相像
who looked remarkably like himself.
就是我
This is me!
他站了起来 既兴奋又害怕
And he rose up, at once exhilarated and terrified
这可能不是真的 他说道
that it might not be true, and he announced...
这是我的故事
This is my story!
三个年轻人立马就认出这个男人
And the three young men immediately recognized the man
是他们的父亲
as their father.
爸爸 -不可能吧
Dad? -No. It can't be.
我的儿子们
My sons!
爸爸
Dad...
爸爸 爸爸
Dad... Dad...
噢
Oh, oh, oh...
天啊
Oh, my God.
噢 -天啊
Oh... -Oh, my God.
噢 -天啊
Oh... -Oh, my God.
我的孩子
You're my boys!
我的好孩子们
Oh, my beautiful, sweet boys!
别害怕 我在这 过来
Don't be afraid. I'm here. Come here.
过来
Come here. Oh...
我的天
Oh, my... Oh, my God.
噢
Oh...
你去了哪里
Where... Where have you been?
我被迫失去了你们
You... You were ripped from me.
我找了你们好久
I've looked for you for so long... so long.
噢
Oh...
你去了哪里
Where did you go?
你好吗
And how are you?
我生了你们 我的宝贝
I made you. Oh, my loves.
我的宝贝 亲爱的
Oh, my loves. Oh, my darlings.
亲爱的
Oh, my darlings.
我好想你
I missed you so much.
噢 没事了
Oh. Oh, that's okay.
没事了 我在这 我在这
It's okay, I'm here. I'm here.
我的宝贝们
Oh, my loves.
一切都结束了
This the end of things.
没事了
It's okay.
我们妈妈呢 她是不是……
What about our mother? Is she...
什么 -她是不是……
What? -Is she...
她没和你们在一起吗
She's not with you?
她没和你们在一起吗
She's not with you?
天啊 -我们……
Oh, God. -We were...
我们小时候是孤儿
We were raised as orphans.
哦不
Oh, no!
对不起
Oh, I'm so sorry.
妈妈呢
Where's Mom?
没事了 孩子
It's okay, my love.
没事了 -爸爸
It's okay. -Dad...
妈妈
Mom...
有没有……
Is there...
有没有其他家人
Is there any other family?
除了我们
Besides us?
你还有祖母
You had a grandmother.
她在哪儿
Where is she?
啊
Ah...
她出了意外
Her head.
我们祖父呢
And our grandfather?
他怎么死的
How did he die?
他在我们新婚之夜去世的
He died on our wedding night.
就是怀上你的那晚
The same night you were conceived.
一怀上你他就死了
He died the very instant you were conceived.
怎么死的
How?
电影精选列表