我麻烦大了
I'm in way over my head.
我从图书馆借了有声书
I got one of those audiobooks from the library.
《如何和青少年沟通》
How to Talk to a Teen.
是吗?
Oh, yeah?
结果怎麽样?
How's that working out?
那是1980年的着作
Well, it's from the '80s...
而且是用录音带录的
It's on a cassette.
好的
Right.
裡头的建议是
Its advice is,
〝陪孩子去跳舞〞
"Chaperone a dance."
〝陪孩子去跳舞〞
"Chaperone a dance."
我才刚抓到她跟一个
I just caught her having sex
看起来像男人的屁孩上♥床♥
with a boy who looked like a man.
只有跳舞的话就太好了
A dance would be delightful.
我可以给你一点建议吗?
Can I give you some advice
毕竟我也当过青少女
from a former teenage girl?
她迟早会上♥床♥的
She's gonna have sex.
你说什麽都不会改变这点
And nothing you say is gonna change that.
确保她有避孕就好
Just make sure she's on birth control.
避孕? -对
Birth control? - Yeah.
她才16岁
She's 16!
不行,我要禁止她喝酒享乐
No, we'll be going the abstinence route.
我没别的意思,丹尼尔
No offense, Daniel,
但是你的逻辑有矛盾
but, uh, there's a knot in your logic.
你想透过视而不见
You're trying to solve a problem
来解决问题
by looking in the other direction.
你愿意的话,我可以跟她谈谈
I could talk to her if you want me to.
不了,谢谢
Oh, well, no thanks.
没关係 -这样不太恰当
It's okay. Of course. - That's not appropriate.
当然,我不知道为什麽我会说出口
I don't even know why I just said that.
对不起 -没关係
I'm sorry. - No, it's okay.
我觉得这样不…
It's just that I don't think that it's...
我只是出于本能
I just felt the need,
想要帮忙
um, the instinct to help in some way.
这是我至少能做的
It's the least I could do.
我不知道要怎麽做
I don't know how to do this.
做什麽?
What?
重新开始
Start all over.
你是怎麽做到的?
How do you do it?
这需要一番心力
Takes work.
可以跟你讲个祕密吗? -当然
Can I tell you a secret? - Sure.
我不知道我有没有这个毅力
I'm not sure I have the will.
你手上的刺青是什麽意思?
What does "amor fati" mean?
有些事不适合跟外人说
Certain things are private.
你觉得我完了吗?
Do you think I'm fucked up?
妳嗑了药吗?
Are you high right now?
没有
No.
我当警♥察♥当了40年
I was a cop for 40 years.
酗酒酗了50年
I was an addict for 50.
所以我再问妳一次
So, I'm gonna ask you again.
妳嗑嗨了吗?
Are you high right now?
我…
Well, I...
我把药丸分成两半
I broke a pill in half.
吃了一半
So, half.
对,我觉得妳完了,艾莉森
Yes, I think you're fucked up, Allison.
不只一半而已
Not half.
而是全部完了
All fucked up.
你觉得我能振作起来吗?
Do you think I'll ever pull out of this?
也许有一天
我能成为那种
I mean, like, maybe one day I might be the kind of person
人们放心让外孙女和她
that people want their granddaughter
出去的人吗?
to hang out with?
我不知道
I have no idea.
我也不知道
Me neither.
可以把手♥机♥还我吗,拜託?
Can I have my phone back, please?
我不知道要怎麽应付妳了,芮恩
I'm running out of ideas on how to handle you, Ryan.
外公,我这个年纪的人都会跟人上♥床♥
Grandpa, everybody at my age has sex.
这没什麽大不了的
It's, like, not a big deal.
我知道这跟你那个年代不一样
I know it was different when you were younger,
但是情况已经不一样了
but that's just, like, not how it is anymore.
我问妳
Well, let me ask you something.
妳…
Are you...
有没有…
Are you using
避孕?
any protection?
天啊
Oh, my God!
我才不要跟我外公讨论这个
I am so not gonna talk about this with my grandfather.
妳觉得我有什麽感觉?
How the hell do you think I feel?
我知道妳很生气 -我没有生气
I know you're upset. - I'm not upset.
也许妳该继续
Maybe you should go back
去看那个心理医生
and see that therapist again.
不,我只想
No. I just
拿回我的手♥机♥
want my phone back.
我在哥伦比亚没有朋友
I don't have any friends at Columbia
我想联络
and I want to
我在长堤仅存的几个朋友
hang onto the few I still have on Long Beach Island.
妳怎麽会交不到朋友?
How come you can't make friends?
我今年经历了很多事
I've been through a lot this year.
没有人能够真正理解
And nobody really understands.
有些人想尝试,但是…
They try. Some, but...
那太假了
I mean, it's fake.
你不觉得大多数人都很假吗?
Don't you think most people are so fake?
我大概会用〝双面人〞这个词
I would probably say "duplicitous."
那是什麽意思?
What does that mean?
就是很假
Fake.
我站在妳这边
I'm on your side.
我知道
I know.
这样吧
Tell you what.
妳可以拿回手♥机♥
You can have your phone back
但是妳要保证妳会吃避孕药
if you promise to start taking birth control pills.
天啊,丹尼尔
Ugh! Oh, my God! Daniel!
叫外公
Grandpa!
外公
Grandpa.
所以妳答应了吗?我来预约
Is it a deal? I'll make the appointment.
好吧
Fine. Fine.
我再也
I just
不想跟你谈这些了
never want to talk to you about sex ever again.
真的吗?
Oh, really?
因为我爱死了
'Cause I just love this shit.
妳以前来过校园吗?
Have you ever been on campus before?
长大之后就没有了
Not since I was a kid.
我以前会来这裡参加游泳比赛
I used to do swim meets here.
真的吗? -真的
Oh, yeah? - Yeah.
妳以前很会游泳? -对
You were a swimmer? Uh, yeah.
我当时才12岁,但是我很厉害
Well, I was 12, but yeah, I was pretty good.
我还留着那些奖盃和缎带
I still have all the trophies and the ribbons.
真棒
That's cool. - Mmm.
妳游哪一种? -大多是自♥由♥式
What stroke? - Mostly freestyle.
为什麽没继续游了?
Why'd you stop?
我爸离开了
Um, my dad left.
对,我们以前会一起参加比赛
Yeah, it was kinda the thing that we used to do together.
他喊得很大声,我在水中都听得见
He would cheer so loud I could hear him underwater.
没有他游泳似乎就没有意义了
Seemed kind of pointless to do it without him.
他去哪裡了? -俄亥俄
Where'd he go? - Ohio.
在那裡有了新的家庭
Started a whole new family in Ohio.
哇
Wow.
他有一对十岁的双胞胎
He has 10-year-old twins. Yeah.
不过我不知道他们会不会游泳
I don't know if they swim or not, though.
我总是对那些
Oh, man. I am always just amazed at people
可以这样抛下小孩的人感到惊奇
who can, like, up and leave their kids like that.
他们晚上怎麽
I just don't know how you could,
能够入睡?
电影精选列表