剧集 | 战士 | 导航列表
All right, Mr. Stanton. Let's get on with it.
你准备好传唤第一位证人了吗
Are you ready to call your first witness?
证人都没有到场 法官阁下
Neither witness appears to be here, Your Honor.
肃静 肃静
Order! Order!
证人没有到场
The witnesses are not here?
没错 法官阁下
That is correct, Your Honor.
你知道他们的下落吗
And do you have any notion as to where they might be?
不知道 法官阁下 因此
I do not, Your Honor, therefore,
我建议当庭在确认受害者的行踪之前
I ask that the court may indulge a short continuance
进行短期诉讼延期
until the victims can be located.
我反对
I object.
肃静 肃静
Order! Order!
法官阁下
Your Honor,
保罗和西莫斯·欧谢都已明确知晓
both Paul and Seamus O'Shea had ample notification
此次庭审的时间和地点
for the time and the place of this trial.
他们的缺席
Their absence is a slight
是对法♥院♥职权的蔑视
to the offices of this court
也是对我方享有正当程序权利的蔑视
and to my client's right to due process.
任何形式的延期只会助长
Any continuance would only serve to
对于这种不尊重行为的容忍♥
condone this disrespect
以及对这种拖延方式的默许
and to give affirmation to what is clearly a delay tactic.
我同意你的观点 科尔曼先生
I tend to agree with you, Mr. Coleman,
没有足够的证词
and without any substantiating testimony,
我觉得没有继续的必要
I see no good reason to proceed.
肃静 肃静
Order! Order!
法官阁下
Your Honor,
如果我们释放了被告
if we release the accused,
再次获取他的行踪就很渺茫了
the chances of locating him again are very slim.
我想提醒当庭 他还是一起
May I remind the court that he's still a prime suspect
残忍♥的双重谋杀主要嫌犯
in a vicious double homicide?
我想提醒你 斯坦森先生
And may I remind you, Mr. Stanton,
我已经做出了对该案的判决
that I've already ruled on that matter?
-直到警方 -这什么情况
- And until the police... - What the hell is happening?
科尔曼把我们整了 准备撤吧
Coleman fucked us. Be ready to move.
不会再提及该案
...another word about it.
我很欣赏你的热情
I applaud your zeal,
但不能以法律为代价
but not at the expense of the law.
法官阁下 减罪的情况是存在的
Your Honor, there are mitigating circumstances.
是的 可能吧
Yes, maybe,
但你好像根本不明白
but you do not seem to have any idea
这是什么意思
as to what they are.
驳回指控 被告当庭释放
The charges are dismissed. The defendant is free to go.
肃静 肃静
Order! Order!
朋友们
Friends!
朋友们 我理解你们的愤怒
Friends, I share your anger and your outrage!
你们都知道
As you know,
我的妻子
my wife--my wife--
也是此次袭击的受害者
was a victim of this attack as well.
我们的城市今天很黑暗
It's a sad day for our city
市民们无法在大白天上街
when our citizens cannot walk the streets in broad daylight
而不用担心
without fear from a--
外来的犯罪分子
from a foreign criminal element.
更糟糕的是 我们的法庭
What's worse, our own courts
无法支撑起
cannot uphold the very protections
对我们安全的保护
put in place to keep us safe.
于是
And so,
我今天在你们面前承诺
I say here today, in front of all of you,
此事绝不容忍♥
this will not stand!
我向你们保证
You have my word
我会倾尽必要资源
that I will devote every resource necessary
来捍卫这座城市里
to ensure the safety and sanctity
每个男女老少的安全和尊严
of every man, woman, and child of our great city.
愿上帝保佑你们
God bless you all,
上帝保佑旧金山
God bless San Francisco,
上帝保佑美♥利♥坚♥合众国
and God bless the United States of America.
你可真够走运的
You are one lucky son of a bitch.
我本来打算押一周的薪水
I would've bet a week's pay
赌你会被他们吊在外面晒死
they were gonna hang you out to dry.
抱歉让你失望了
Well, sorry to disappoint you.
那群人会把你撕成碎片的
That crowd will tear you to pieces.
我还以为你无所谓呢
And here, I thought you didn't care.
信不信由你
Well, believe it or not,
清理人行道上的中国佬尸体
scraping dead chinks off the sidewalk
也就一开始有点意思
stops being fun after a while.
走廊的尽头有条楼梯
At the end of this hall is a doorway to some stairs
通向大楼后面的员工出口
that'll take you down to a service exit at the back side of the building.
低调点
Keep your head down
别走大路
and stick to the side streets.
谢谢
Thanks.
别谢我
Don't thank me.
规矩点就行了
Just stay on your side of the line.
你没派三个人
You don't have three more guys
在那等着我吧
waiting for me down there, do you?
三个人可不够吧
It'd take more than three, wouldn't it?
我觉得挺顺利啊
I thought that went well.
怎么了
What?
你没直接说中国人的事
You didn't say anything directly about the Chinese.
没提到工作机会
You didn't talk about jobs.
你想让我公开谴责中国人吗
You want me to condemn the Chinese in public speech?
中伤这座城市
To vilify the city's greatest source
最大的廉价劳动力
of cheap, expendable labor, and by extension,
以及由此赚钱的人吗
the men who profit from it?
梅里威瑟和他的朋友会报复我的
Merriweather and his cronies would crucify me.
他们会撤回对我的支持
They'd pull their support,
明年这时我就成了海里的一具死尸了
and I'd be dead in the water this time next year.
所以你就不顾
So instead, you'll turn your back
两万爱尔兰选民吗
on 20,000 Irish votes?
我没有不顾任何人
I'm not turning my back on anyone.
我正在打击中国人的犯罪活动
I'm cracking down on Chinese crime.
任何一方都不会领情的
That won't put food on anyone's table.
如果我没能连任
Well, I can't do anything about that
那我就无能为力了 不是吗
if I'm not reelected, can I?
举棋不定无法让你连任
Ambivalence won't get you reelected.
这座城市正处于暴风雨前的宁静
This city's becoming a powder keg.
到时你不得不站队
You're gonna have to pick your poison.
我不是站队了吗
I thought that's what I just did.
巴克利
You know, Buckley,
你是个聪明人
you're a smart man,
没有你 我的确走不到今天这步
and God knows I wouldn't be here without you,
但偶尔
but every once in a while,
你可以把嘴闭上
you could stand to shut the fuck up
别来妨碍我
and let a man have his goddamn moment.
你觉得美国怎么样
So, how are you finding America so far?
你好像不想看到我啊
You don't seem happy to see me.
我上次和你一起坐马车
Well, last time I got in a carriage with you,
就被烙了个印
I ended up getting branded.
不用谢我
You're welcome.
尊少呢
Where's Young Jun?
不是尊少派我来的
Young Jun didn't send me.
尊爷对此有严格的规定
Father Jun has a strict policy about that.
只要扯上合威
As far as the Hop Wei are concerned,
在你踏出中国城的那一刻开始
you were on your own the minute you stepped foot
你就得靠自己了
outside of Chinatown.
我还以为你是尊爷的走狗
I thought you were Father Jun's bitch.
你看到我穿堂口的衣服了吗
You see any colors on me?
-没有 -是没有
- No. - No, you don't.
因为我为一个人工作
That's because I work for one man,
只为一个人 那就是我自己
and one man only, and that's me.
懂了吗
Get me?
目击证人没出现时
When the witnesses didn't show, I figured
我还以为是合威干的
剧集 | 战士 | 导航列表