The President of Smith College, Regina Pell.
史密斯大学的校长 芮金娜·佩尔
Gigi Pell. God, that's a blast from the past.
金金·佩尔 天哪 她是我过去的老铁
Aw, you were college buddies?
你们是大学闺蜜吗?
No, I don't really remember her that well.
不是 我其实并不怎么记得她
Also, estimates for construction are coming in at $300 million.
另外 图书馆预计建造费用要三亿美金
What? The money's out there.
什么? 钱就在那里
We just can't get our hands on it right now.
但我们现在还捞不到手
How do you get this to read the texts and emails out loud?
怎么让它大声读出短♥信♥和邮件?
I mean, can we reallocate some of the money
我说 我们能不能重新分配一部分
from the Meyer Fund to the library?
梅耶基金里的钱用在建造图书馆上?
Absolutely, yes. That's actually a felony.
当然 可以 事实上挪用基金会的资金是一项重罪
So, we just tell them that we have it all...
我们就告诉他们这就是全部的...
And then we just shuffle papers around
然后我们就填许许多多的表格
until it looks like we actually do.
直到看起来像我们确实捐了全部的钱
Okay. That's also a felony.
可以 那也是一项重罪
In order to find an ideal match,
我们要找到完美的搭档
the restaurant, table, food, and time
为了控制变量
will be the same for every date to establish a control.
每一次约会的餐厅 桌子 食物和时间都会相同
The girl will be different. Jesus, Kent.
女孩是不同的 老天哪 肯特
He's just gotta go to a Laundromat, meet a girl,
他只要找家自助洗衣店 进去碰见个女孩
take her to a movie, a little chit-chat,
带她去看场电影 聊聊天
couple-three drinks, standard hayjay in the cab home,
喝两三杯酒 再按套路打的回家
and a year later, he's a father.
一年之后 他就做爸爸了
I mean, why do you make it so goddamn complicated?
我的意思是说 为什么我们要把这件事搞得那么复杂呢?
You know, one time, I tried hitting on a girl at a Laundromat.
你知道吗 有一次 我在一家自助洗衣店里撩妹
For somebody with broken English, she was real uppity.
对于英语说的那么蹩脚的人来说 她算是真的很傲慢
There's your answer. Carry on.
这就是原因 继续说
Every potential mate has been preselected
每一个潜在的约会对象都是从网络数据库里
from the online dating pool of DC women ages 25 to 30
年龄在25岁到30岁之间的特区女人中预先挑选过的
with a strong interest in marriage to you in particular.
尤其是这些女人都非常恨嫁
Son of a bitch. I'm gonna go broke paying for all those dates.
他妈的 给这么多约会对象买♥♥单我会破产的
Unlikely. There's only four.
不会的 只有四个
We had to extend to the greater Baltimore,
我必须扩大范围到巴尔的摩
Arlington, Alexandria area
阿林顿 亚历山大市地区
to find them.
来寻找她们
Well, we got a "Maybe" in Delaware.
我们在特拉华州只只找到了个"可能"选项
That's right. She's waiting to see your hair grow back.
没错 她要等你头发长出来才能决定
So, maybe five?
所以 可能是五个?
I'd budget for four.
我预计是四个
I must say I'm just blown away that you were able
我不得不说 你能这么快凑到这么多钱
to raise so much money so quickly.
太让我钦佩了
You know what? I think I'm gonna go buy a Splett shirt.
我想我要去买♥♥件云力杉
Uh, sweatshirt. Yeah, that's what we call it in my family.
运动衫 没错 我们家就是这么叫的
Okay, great. Well, this could not come at a better time.
好 很好 这个时间点真的是不能更好了
The Selina Meyer Presidential Library
塞琳娜·梅耶总统图书馆
and School for Public Policy and Women's Studies
兼公共政策与妇女研究学院
is just where we need to be headed.
都正是我们需要发展的
I think that title is a bit of a word salad.
我觉得标题有点长了
Maybe trim that last part about women.
要不我们去掉关于妇女的那部分
And of course you would be offered a full tenured professorship.
当然你也会享有终生教授的职位
Oh, now, would that mean I would have...
是不是意味着我得...
Teach? Oh, no. God, no.
教书? 不是的 当然不是
Because my schedule... Your schedule...
因为我的时间表已经... 你的时间表...
...is just constantly...
...总是时不时的会...
...in flux. ...fucked.
... 不确定 ... 很操蛋
Flux. That's what I said.
不确定的 我说的就是这个
Did you wanna hang that? Yeah.
你是想去把这挂起来吗? 是的
Great.
太好了
I just... I can't believe it. Look at us.
我简直 我简直不敢相信 看看我们呐
Do you remember that night junior year?
你还记得大三的那个晚上吗?
No. Chardonnay on the quad after Julia Child Day?
不记得了 茱莉亚儿童节之后在四方后院喝着夏敦埃酒?
You know what, I'm strictly a scotch girl
你要知道 我是一个喝苏格兰威士忌的姑娘
and I always have been,
我也一直只喝那个
so I never really experimented...
所以我从来没有尝试过...
...with Chardonnay.
... 喝夏敦埃
Um, so I think you've got me confused with somebody else.
我觉得你可能把我和别人混淆了
I don't think I was confused. Good for you.
我不觉得我混淆(糊涂)了 那就好
All right. So... oh, we're going up here?
好嘞 那? 我们要朝这上面走?
Yes, we are going up here.
是的 我们要朝这上面走
I understand you girls have some questions
我知道你们有些关于
about the library. Yeah.
图书馆的问题 是的
You know what, actually, just before that... Mmhmm, sure.
事实上 在那之前... 没问题
I wanted to ask you about
我想要问问你关于
your controversial pardon of Sherman Tanz...
你特赦舍曼·泰兹的争议问题...
Renee. ..And the recent revelations of widespread abuse
芮妮 ...还有最近他在纽约所拥有的
in his women's prisons that he owns in New York.
女子监狱里广泛存在的虐待现象
Wait till she crosses her legs. Sure, okay.
等到她把脚翘起来再拍 好的 没问题
Things aren't always as black and white as they may seem.
很多事情都不是看上去那样黑白分明的
Now, now, now, now, now.
现在 就是现在 快拍 快
Not that it matters,
不是说这件事不重要
but as a nephew of a survivor of the Holocaust...
但是作为大屠♥杀♥幸存者的侄子
Sherman Tanz is particularly sensitive
舍曼·泰兹对监狱的情况
to prison conditions.
特别敏感
And he is intimately involved
他也亲自参与了
with every aspect of his company.
他公♥司♥的方方面面
Now, that being said, he had no idea what was going on.
虽说如此 但他当时对所发生的丑闻并不知情
And he immediately fired the number five man in charge
但他很快开除了五个负责的人
as well as a couple of sixes.
也开除了一些其他涉案人员
But, you know, the maledominated media... Yes.
但是你知道 男性主宰着的媒体... 嗯
...they just can't help themselves.
... 他们就是忍♥不住
Sadly, it's what I've come to expect
很可悲的是 我一直希望
from the gatekeepers of this patriarchal...
这个重男轻女的信息传递者...
"Phallus quo."
可以管住自己用下半身说话的习惯
I apologize. Phallus!
很抱歉 下半身!
That's why it's so vital
所以我们建这个学校
that we have a school
才这么至关重要
for public policy... And women's studies.
为了公共政策 和女性研究
TBD... here at Smith.
这个还有待商榷... 该图书馆会在史密斯大学建立
Yes.
没错
That's our first woman president, y'all!
各位 这就是我们第一个女总统!
Yeah, holla, holla, holla.
没错 没错
Thank you.
谢谢你们
Sorry, ma'am.
抱歉 夫人
Wendy's mom couldn't babysit today.
温蒂的妈妈今天不能过来照顾孩子了
But we can keep cracking away at that prologue.
但我们可以继续研究研究开场白的问题
I've got some exciting ideas.
我脑子里有点激动人心的想法
I hope one of them is changing out of that shroud of urine.
我希望你家那几个邋遢鬼的其中一个能赶紧换掉包着尿的尿布
Say byebye. It doesn't have to say goodbye.
说再见 它不需要说再见
Remember that we have the fundraiser
记得我们今天晚上有个
for the library tonight. I do, yes.
给图书馆集资的晚会 是的 我还记得
Wear something tight.
穿点紧身的
That's not for them, that's for me.
不是给他们看的 是给我看的
Oh, you are bad!
你太坏了
Agreed.
我同意
Hey, Dad, can you move your desk?
爸 你可以挪下桌子吗?
Gary, you gotta give Mike one of your shirts.
盖瑞 你得给迈克一件你的衣服
They're bespoke tailored.
那可是定做的啊
... until Mommy and I figure out our new co-living arrangements.
... 直到我和妈咪研究出我们新的合住安排
Well, I guess I'll just wrap gifts on the sidewalk.
我猜我就从人行道上包点礼物
I thought you'd be more supportive.
我以为你会更支持我呢
Remember in seventh grade when you ran away?
还记得你七年级的时候跑出去吗?
You were crying and crying
你不停的哭啊哭
'cause you wanted Daddy and I to get back together.
因为你想我和爸爸再重归于好
Then you sent me to etiquette camp.
然后你就把我送去礼仪训练营了
Yes, where you learned to interrupt, evidently.
是的 很明显 你在那边学会了如何打断别人
Did Mike bring his babies?
迈克把他孩子带来了?
Those babies are so delicious, I could eat them.
那些孩子太诱人了 我都可以吃了他们
Well, that would quiet them down.
那就可以让他们安静下来了
Speaking of, Dad, Mom... Gary.
说起来 爸 妈... 还有本盖瑞
Marjorie and I are having a baby.
马乔里和我要有个孩子了
剧集 | 副总统(2012) | 导航列表