Well, this last year has been fun.
去年一年真的有趣
You know, really fun.
你懂的 真的很有趣
I mean, I'm not gonna lie.
我的意思是 我不说谎
You know, to have gotten so close to the presidency
你懂的 离总统之位一步之遥
and then have the American people
然后被美国人♥民♥
and Congress reject me was, um...
和国会罚下
was devastating.
是很绝望
But, um...
但是...
I did reacquaint myself with an old friend of mine
我却得以重新认识了我的老朋友
by the name of Selina Meyer.
她叫赛琳娜·梅耶
And I like her.
而我 喜欢她
That's fantastic.
真美妙
If you're just joining us,
如果你刚转台看到我们
former president and my old boss Selina Meyer
前总统兼我的前任老板 赛琳娜·梅耶
is with us live for her first public appearance
和我们一起直播访谈 这是在那次在众议院历史性的投票
since the historic vote
一年以后
in the House of Representatives one year ago today.
她首次在公众场合亮相
Madam President, why now?
总统女士 为什么选择现在?
Well, Dan, I realized that I have more of myself to give.
丹 我意识到我还有更多可以奉献
This is a big day, people.
今天是个大日子 人♥民♥们
Campaign starts right now,
选举现在开始
because we are going to make Buddy Calhoun
我们要让鲍迪·卡尔霍恩成为
the next governor of this dried coyote turd of a state.
充满干狼粪的破州的下一任州长
My campaign manager and fiance, Amy Brookheimer.
这位是我的竞选经理以及未婚妻艾米·布鲁克海默
Just say "Campaign manager."
直接说"竞选经理"就行
I love that enthusiasm.
我喜欢这样的热情
Reminder... Nevada is the Sagebrush State...
提醒一下 内达华州是艾草州
Yeah, so saddle up those emphysema tanks,
是的 所以赶紧备好你们的小残体
you inbred cousin-fuckers,
你们这些喜欢近亲交♥配♥的王八蛋
'cause we are going to drag this state into the 20th century.
因为我们要把这个州拖进20世纪了
That's right, I said 20th.
没错 我说的20世纪
Tracy, how are we doing on yard signs?
崔西 院子里的竞选标志弄得怎么样了?
Writing a memoir, I feel,
写回忆录
is a debt that a president owes to history.
我觉得 这是总统欠历史的
Amen. Shh.
阿门 嘘
And I'm doing my best
我尽我最大的力
to help the scholars of the future
帮助未来的学者们
reckon with the Meyer years...
适应几年的梅耶年...
Year.
一年
...um, um,
呃
in America's great tapestry of history.
在伟大的挂毯般的美国历史上
Now, your predecessor,
现在 你的前辈
President Stuart Hughes... Mmhmm.
斯图尔特·休斯总统... 嗯
...his memoir has reportedly fetched
...据报道他的回忆录
an advance of $20 million, while yours...
已经取得了2000万美元的利润 然而你的...
Yeah, I'm really much more focused
是的 我更专注于
on the tapestry itself...
如挂毯般的历史本身...
the weave, the thread count,
它的纺织 线程数
the old lady at the loom...
织布机旁的老女人...
We're looking for a few small tweaks
在和独♥立♥承包人有关的联邦税收法律方面
in federal tax law concerning independent contractors,
我们还在进行一些微调
which brings us to our very own mover and shaker,
所以有请我们位高权重的
Beltway Ben.
贝尔特威·本
Thanks, Aiden.
谢谢你 艾登
What we need to do...
我们要做的是...
Uh, I don't have a slide show thingy.
我并没有幻灯片之类的东西
Sorry. It's called a deck.
抱歉 那个叫作提案板
Great.
棒极了
So, what we need to do
所以 我们要做的是
is to get this on to the desk of Congressman Jarvis.
争取把个提交到贾维斯议员的桌上
Without him, we don't have a Chinaman's chance.
没有他 我们和中国佬一样没一丁点儿机会
I'm sorry, Ben. Yes?
抱歉打断一下 本 怎么了?
Here at Uber and in the rest of the world
在优步 和全世界
the word "Chinaman" Is considered
"中国佬"这个词
inappropriate.
都有点歧视的意味
No, no, no. It's okay.
不不不 没关系的
My wife is Oriental.
我老婆就是东方人
All of them have been.
她们全都黄种人
I kind of got yellow "Fev-ah."
我好像有点"黄种人热"
Now, you've recently drawn some criticism... Mmhmm.
你最近饱受争议... 呃...
...over an 11th-hour pardon
因为在最后一刻赦免了
of billionaire, private prison magnate Sherman Tanz,
一个亿万富翁也是私人监狱的大佬舍曼·泰兹
who's under indictment of tax evasion and bribery charges.
他正面临着逃税和行贿的指控
I have pardoned hundreds of nonviolent drug offenders,
我赦免过上百个非暴♥力♥毒品罪犯
many of them adults, who never learned to read,
他们中许多都是成年人 从来没上过学
which is a tragedy.
而这真是个悲剧
But Sherman Tanz...
但是舍曼·泰兹...
And that is why I'm taking this opportunity
这也是为什么我利用这次机会
to announce my charitable organization,
宣布我设立的慈善机构
the Meyer Fund for Adult Literacy.
梅耶基金 专门资助成人教育
Certainly a worthwhile cause,
这的确是个壮举
but if we could bring it back to Sherman Tanz--
但是我们能说回舍曼·泰兹...
And AIDS.
还有艾滋病
Wow.
哇
AIDS? Yes, AIDS.
艾滋? 是的 艾滋
AIDS is a big part of the tapestry.
艾滋病也是我们辉煌挂毯上很重要的一部分
Explain. Connect the dots for me.
烦请您解释一下 帮我把您的观点关联起来
My fellow representatives,
我亲爱的代表们
my conscience demands that I speak out against HR723,
我的良知驱使我发声反对HR723
the so-called "Healthy School Lunch Act."
那个所谓的"校园健康午餐行动"
Dessert is an apple.
甜点就是个苹果
I mean, it's no wonder kids are shooting up schools
我是说 吃着这样的午餐
with lunches like these.
难怪孩子们在校园里到处开枪
When I was a kid, I ate sloppy joes,
我还是个孩子的时候 我吃的事牛肉酱面包
pizza on a bagel.
百吉饼叠加披萨
The only green bean I ate was a green jelly bean
我唯一吃的绿色豆子是绿色软糖
and I grew up to be so tall,
所以我长到这么高
my stupid mom had to get a different car.
我愚蠢的老妈不得不为我换一辆大车
I will fight against green beans
我誓死反对绿豆子
the same way that I fought against my deadly disease
就像我誓死与我患上的致命顽疾
called cancer.
癌症 斗争一样
For the children.
为了孩子们
Yeah, well, I think sometimes people forget
我觉得人们常常会忘记
that I was the first female president.
我才是第一任女总统
Before Montez. Oh, that's right.
在蒙特兹之前 这倒没错
Well, speaking of President Laura Montez,
说到劳拉·蒙特兹总统
she won the Nobel Peace
她得了诺♥贝♥尔♥和♥平♥奖♥
Prize for her work in Tibet. Unprecedented.
嘉奖她在西♥藏♥的工作 空前绝后
What did you think of her speech? Ugh.
你怎么看她的演讲? 呃
I didn't really get a chance to see it because I was...
我那时还没机会去看因为我...
I was out of the country.
我当时不在国内
This is really great.
这可真是太棒了
No!
不
Before I let you go... Uhhuh.
在我让你走之前... 嗯哼
I've got to ask what we're all thinking...
我必须得问你我们都想知道的事...
The White House. Mm.
白宫 嗯
So, you're definitely not gonna run again in three years?
所以在接下来的三年内 你确定自己不会再竞选总统了吗?
I have no plans to run
我没有竞选的打算
at this time.
暂时
I'm also very busy with adult literacy.
我正致力于成人教育的事业
And AIDS? And AIDS, yes.
还有艾滋? 是的 还有艾滋
We must never forget AIDS. Certainly not.
可绝对不能忘了艾滋 绝对不能
A very special thank you to our very special guest,
非常感谢我们的特别来宾
President Selina Meyer.
赛琳娜·梅耶总统
He's a great guy.
他人不错哟
Back to you, Jane.
转回到你 简
Thanks, Danny.
谢谢你 丹尼
Danny Egan has been filling in
丹尼·伊艮是我本周的
as my cohost this week,
搭档主持
and we think that he is doing a terrific job.
我们都认为他主持的相当不错
剧集 | 副总统(2012) | 导航列表