剧集 | 天堂一刻(2012) | 导航列表
彼岸是天堂 第二季 第五集
"美食厅"
说实话 达德利先生 我什么时候迟到过?
Be honest, Mr Dudley, when have you ever known me to be late?
我不是在查你的岗 山姆 是我的表
It's not you I'm checking on, Sam. It's me watch.
好像停了
Seems to have stopped.
那就买♥♥个新的 先生
Get yourself a new one, sir.
这块表跟了我很多年了 我要拿去修修
I've had this watch many years. I'll have it mended.
我要是你 先生 我会配备一块璀璨的怀表
If I were you, sir, I'd want to be standing there
每一秒都走得如你一般稳当
with a shiny new timepiece, every little tick as reliable as you are.
也许我们该让你去推销怀表
Perhaps we should let you loose on a promotion for pocket watches.
无上光荣 先生
That would be an honour and a privilege, sir.
噢 有奖金么?
Oh, would there be a bonus in it?
你怎么看? 梅尔托
What do you make of it, Myrtle?
我怎么看? 先生?
What do I make of it, sir?
这是个值得纪念的时刻
A moment to cherish.
我们华丽的美食厅的第一天
The first day of our splendid new Food Hall.
走过托尔盖特街的顾客们将与这些
Customers who come along Tollgate Street will be met
珍馐佳肴见面
by all manner of culinary delights.
你是指食物么 先生?
Do you mean food, sir?
这栋楼荒弃了一年多
This building has stood derelict for a year and more,
它象征着犹豫和失败
a mark of hesitation and failure.
现在它象征着一种决心
Now it stands as a declaration of intent,
宣告汤姆·威斯顿将一手把天堂百货
an assertion that Tom Weston means to raise The Paradise
捧上新的高度
to new heights.
真好 你满意我也开心 威斯顿先生
Well, I'm pleased that you're so pleased, Mr Weston, sir.
你怎么没去工作 梅尔托?
Why aren't you at work, Myrtle?
我做了
I was.
我 我是说 我就做
I-I mean, I will be.
我在工作
I am.
我就是被你的慷慨陈词震住了 先生
I just got caught up in all your declarations, sir.
分享佣金?
Share our commission?
是的 每周结束我们大家将把佣金平分
At the end of every week we will divide the total amongst all of the girls, yes.
为什么我们得这样? 这对那些勤勤恳恳
Why would we do that? Those of us who work hardest,
战战兢兢伺候老主顾的人不公平
who take a care to pamper our regular customers,
你这是把我们应得的给夺走了
you'd be taking the earnings out of our purses.
但要是我们把佣金集中在一起
But if we pool the money,
当我们中一人得病或者遭了祸事
if one of us is sick or has a run of bad luck,
就相当有了保障
then there's a safety net.
要是我们有为彼此工作的概念
If we feel that we're working for each other,
相信我们会挣得更多
then I believe we'll earn more.
非得这样么?
Do we have to?
可是苏西 你挣得最少
But Susy, you earn the least commission of all.
即使是一星半点也是我挣的
It might be nothing but it is my nothing.
难道不是竞争 戒备和恐惧
Isn't the competition, the jealousy and fear,
鞭策着我们努力工作的么?
isn't that what spurs us on?
我觉得不是非要竞争不可 我们都爱这份工作
I don't believe we have to compete. We all love our work.
- 我建议投票表决 - 投票?
- I suggest we have a vote. - A vote?
要是你输了呢? 那你不就威严扫地了?
What if you lose? Won't that undermine your authority?
我不这么看 克莱拉
I don't see it that way, Clara.
如果是妙计 总会赢得支持的
If it's a good idea, it will win.
如果不是 就不会
If it's not, then it won't.
同意分享佣金的人 请举手
Raise your hand, please, if you think we should share the commission.
谢谢
Thank you.
这是达德利的想法
It was Dudley's suggestion.
我们把柜台安置在醒目位置
We've placed the counter prominently
陈列着精美时钟吸引眼球
and stationed decorative clocks to draw the eye.
剩下的就靠山姆的三寸不烂之舌了
The rest is in Sam's capable hands.
关键是 让绅士们感觉没有一块怀表揣着
The point is, is to make the gentlemen feel behind the times
就落伍了
without a little ticker in their pocket.
这不在于他们能否买♥♥的起怀表
It's not whether they can afford it,
而是他们能否经得住过时的恐惧感
it's whether they can afford to live of being in fear of being late.
珠光宝气 就和我看到美食厅的感觉一样
Jewellery. Just as I have opened the Food Hall,
你的特色明显是珠宝展
you feature a prominent display of jewellery.
这不是装饰品 威斯顿先生
These are not ornaments, Mr Weston.
它们是实用的东西 功能性的工具
They are practical pieces, functional instruments.
以金银包裹 珠宝点缀的功能性工具
Functional instruments of gold and silver, decorated with jewels.
请允许我说一句
If I may,
先生 我们需要的是能让顾客神魂颠倒的东西
what we need, gentlemen, is something to fascinate the customers.
也许是一块让人叹为观止的怀表
Perhaps, one watch for them to marvel at,
一种奢华夺目的美 使人为之驻足
something truly extravagant, so they will dwell long enough
久到足够我施展浑身解数
for me to work my magic on them.
- 克莱拉? - 嗯?
- Clara? - Mmm?
我一直在想你为何会投票赞成分享佣金
I can't help wondering why you voted to share the commission.
我不傻
I'm no fool.
举手反对你 我就会输
Put me hand up against you, I'd have lost
然后独我一个像是挑衅生事
and be left looking like a trouble-maker.
- 我相信这不是你的理由 - 那你说呢?
- I don't believe that was your reason. - Then what was it?
其他人都不喜欢这个提议
The other girls didn't like the notion
你又不想我孤立无援的
and you didn't want to leave me stranded.
你觉得我是和事佬? 你还是不懂我 德妮丝
Think I have a heart of soap? You still don't know me, Denise.
那就是你明白这是个妙计
Then you know it's a good idea.
想听真话么?
Do you want the truth?
你让我们来投票 我感激不尽
You asked us to vote. I was grateful for that.
很好 因为我们将有下一次投票了
Good. Because we're going to have another vote.
- 苍天啊 这次又是什么? - 不知道
- Oh, Lord! What about this time? - I don't know.
我想让每个人轮流提个建议
I'd like each of the girls in turn to make a proposal
然后我们投票表决
and we'll vote on it.
如果你第一个提出 我将不胜感激 克莱拉
I would appreciate if you would go first, Clara.
如果你看见一个男人戴着一块精美的表
If you watch a man with a fine watch,
你怎么看?
what do you see?
他是个与时间同行的人
He is a man with time on his side.
一个不用依靠时钟的人
A man who won't be watching the clock.
时间不等人
Time waits for no man.
我们每周一起去游一次泳 算是女孩出游节
Once a week we go swimming together. A girl's day out.
我们可以看着苏西沉底然后哈哈大笑
We can all watch Susy sinking and have a laugh.
如果新开的美食厅反响不错 先生
If the new Food Hall is a success, sir,
威斯顿扩张的胃口会增大
Mr Weston will have a taste for more expansion.
他已经和我说了很多
He's already said as much to me.
难不成要眼睁睁地等到难...难以企及?
Are we to wait until he is b...beyond reach?
我们得给他们施压了
We must put more pressure on them.
我们需要做的是让威斯顿先生
What we need, sir, is for Mr Weston to feel
感到在这儿就是丢人现眼
that being here is a humiliation to him.
如果他察觉出自己的妻子还喜欢你...
If he senses that his wife still favours you...
要我做这个 鸡皮疙瘩掉一地了
It makes my skin crawl to do this.
威斯顿太太享受特权带来的好处 不是么?
Mrs Weston enjoys all the benefits of privilege, does she not?
你我点点滴滴日积月累到到今日
You and I have carved our lives from nothing.
先生 这个女人夺走了你苦心经营的天堂百货
Sir. The same woman stripped you of everything you had worked for.
同样是这个女人寸步不让
The same woman did not flinch,
把你从这个城镇赶走
driving you from this town.
请你思考一下 她为何召你回来?
I ask you to consider - why does she summon you back here?
你以为她会对你心存善意?
Do you think she is brimming with good intentions towards you?
- 不 - 我们时间紧迫了
- No. - We have a limited time to act.
你的思想必须集中在必须得到的东西上
You must focus your mind only on what must be achieved.
我们需要别的什么 我们需要更多
We need something else. Something more.
某种能够干扰汤姆·威斯顿的力量
Something to cut into Tom Weston.
你有主意了 先生?
You have an idea in mind, sir?
也许
Perhaps.
是什么?
What is it?
我还是不说的好
I'd rather not say.
没有犹豫的功夫了
There is no room for hesitation.
你必须去追求她 莫里
You must go after her, Moray,
施展你的美男计
with all those charms you're famous for.
我觉得这事我需要询问你的丈夫
I realise that this is something I need to ask your husband about,
但是我认为需要先征求你的允许
but I felt obliged to seek your permission first
因为这是很私人的事情 寄托着你的感情
since it's such a personal matter, such a tender issue to you.
什么这么敏感?
What could be so sensitive?
你父亲的怀表
Your father's watch.
我没法控制地想
I can't shake off the idea that
这块怀表会成为一场展览最神奇的重头戏
it would make the most magical centrepiece for a display...
我父亲的怀表?
My father's watch?
对 对 它那么的精美绝伦 会吸引...
Yes, yes, it's such a thing of beauty that it would draw...
剧集 | 天堂一刻(2012) | 导航列表