剧集 | 天堂一刻(2012) | 导航列表
可以把它变成一个独一无二的部门!
This could be a department like no other.
一个前所未有的商店!
A store no one's ever been to before.
甚至不再是一个商店
Not even a shop any more,
它会是一个... 梦幻的世界
it could be a... a fantasy.
这不是生活 德妮丝 这是工作 仅仅是工作
This isn't life, Denise, it's work, only work.
他们怎么看这事?
How did they take it?
他们大部分人... 很失望
Most of them ... disappointed.
梅尔托... 快气疯了
Myrtle...murderous.
威斯顿!
Weston!
他借我之手惩罚他们
He punishes them through me.
不 他借他们之手惩罚你
No. He punishes you through them.
他是一个能发现人的弱点
He is a man who sees where the tender places are
然后有的放矢的家伙
and lands the blow accordingly.
抱歉打扰一下 莫里先生
I'm sorry to interrupt, Mr Moray, sir,
我能和你谈谈吗?
might I have a moment of your time?
我会在办公室
I will be in the office.
德妮丝
Denise.
再跟我说一遍
Tell me again
如果天堂百货是我们的 会怎么样!
what it will be like when The Paradise is ours!
再跟我说一遍我为何要袖手旁观!
Tell me again why I must stand aside.
发生什么事了?
What's happened?
克莱拉是...
Clara is...
... 我的朋友
..my friend.
但对她来说 女装部主管只是一份工作
But to her, Head of Ladieswear is only a job.
而对我来说
To me,
它却是我得以成长 呼吸 生存的机会!
it would be a chance to grow, to breathe, to live!
它...
It...
...会...
..will...
是...
be...
...值得的
..worth it.
我们在赌的是更重要的事
We are playing for bigger stakes.
我们必须把次要的想法放一边
We must set aside lesser considerations.
次要的想法?!
Lesser considerations?!
这只是一个部门
It's only one department.
另外 这次晋升并不在我们的利益范围内
Besides, perhaps this advancement would not have been in our interests.
如果像你认为的那样
If, as you believe,
凯瑟琳不会像她假装的那样
Katherine is not as accepting of the situation
接受我们的处境 那么你任何的失误
of us, as she would pretend, any failure on your part
只会被她用作对抗我们的武器
would only give her ammunition to use against us.
你觉得我会失败?!
You imagine I would fail?!
每个人都会失败!
Everyone fails!
只有犯错我们才能成长!
That is how we learn! By making mistakes.
大多数人都默默成长 你不需要大肆宣扬
Most of us do so privately. You would not have that luxury.
你太容易被看穿 太容易被人了解了
You are too visible, too known.
我俩的关系已经是众所周知的秘密了
Your association with me is a public secret.
从你选择的那一刻起
You would be scrutinised and judged from the moment
你就注定会被大众审视 评价
you took on the role.
失败 错误...
Failure, mistakes...
你认为我没能力接替奥德丽小姐的位置吗?
Do you even believe me capable of filling Miss Audrey's shoes?!
你是我的小冠军 但这次可是大动作
I think you are my little champion, but this is a big step up.
别老是用对孩子的口气和我说话!
Do not speak to me as if I am a child!
德妮丝 我们不只接受来自本城的申请
Denise, we are receiving applications not just from the city,
而是更大范围的
but beyond.
我从未发现竞争是如此激烈
I've never known competition as fierce!
没错 你让我感到很惊讶
Look, you know that you astonish me,
你的想法更让我大吃一惊
that your ideas astonish me.
可想成为女装部主管要的可不仅是想法
But being Head of Ladieswear requires more than ideas.
放弃这场争斗吧 反正怎样都会输的
You are bowing out of a fight you may have lost anyway.
为之如此牺牲真的值吗?
Is that really such a sacrifice?
对我来说值!
It is to me!
我想申请
I would like to make an application
女装部主管这个职位
for the position of Head of Ladieswear.
德妮丝! 我以为你已经改变主意了
Denise! I thought you'd changed your mind.
我又改回来了
I've changed it back again.
如你们所知 我们这整个星期
As you know, we have, all week,
都不断收到来竞争奥德丽小姐空职的申请
been taking applications for the post vacated by Miss Audrey.
你们应该把我这话当成对你们自己的赞美
You should take it as a personal compliment to yourselves that
这么多才华横溢 经验丰富的候选人
so many talented but highly experienced candidates
申请成为你们中的一员
have applied to join your number.
现在申请已递交完毕
All submissions are now in
我们将从中制定一份决选名单
and we'll presently be drawing up a short list.
被选中的候选人
Successful candidates
将被邀至天堂百货参加面试 谢谢
will be invited to The Paradise for interview. Thank you.
这两人就是脖子扭断了也不愿看对方一眼
Those two are going to give themselves neck strain not looking at each other.
伙计们 来下注吧
Right then, lads, let's be having your bets.
沃尔特!
Walter!
你在开赌
You are running a book.
赌谁会被任命为女装部的主管
Odds are given on who will be appointed Head of Ladieswear.
我愿意下注
I should like to place a bet.
十先令 押梅尔托
Ten shillings. On Myrtle.
亚瑟 你也许好奇为何我要浪费这十先令
Arthur. You're wondering why I choose to throw away ten shillings.
梅尔托甚至都没申请这个职位
Myrtle hasn't even applied for the job.
沃尔特提议下注的唯一原因是因为一想到她
The only reason Walter was offering odds is because the thought
代替奥德丽小姐 大家都会笑的
of her taking over from Miss Audrey made everyone laugh so.
你认为被大家当作笑柄感觉如何?
How do you suppose it feels to be the joke that everyone gets?
那么如果是有人表态了呢?
What if there were to be a gesture made?
十个先令 是表明有人认为
Ten shillings that said he considered Myrtle
梅尔托和所有人在所有事上都平等
the equal of anything and anyone.
那会让她好受些
It would make her feel better.
但是她得要听到这个才行
But only if she heard about it.
那么 我们下一步该做什么?
So. How do we progress?
等查阅完所有申请
When all applications are read,
你们每个人都写出一个或几个
it is for each of you to put forward
你们感觉值得面试的人
the name or names of those you feel merit an interview.
四个人进入决选
We have a short list of four.
如果我们这结束了 我要去见见芙罗拉
If our business is concluded, I should see to Flora.
我该如何回应那些
How would you like me to respond to the candidates
没在名单里的候选人?
who have not been so fortunate as to make the short list?
感谢他们的参与
Thank them for their interest.
告诉他们以后再有职位
Tell them we'll be happy to consider them
我们会很乐意考虑他们的
for future positions.
弗兰克先生
Mr Franks.
为什么每次我一见到你
Why is it that, whenever I see you,
我都感觉你在看着我?
I have the impression that you're watching me?
我说过 我在看人这方面训练有素
I have told you, I have trained myself to know men.
知道一个人什么时候值得追随
To know when a man is worth the following.
同样了解历史的潮流何时改变
To also know when the tide of history is changing
并向新宠靠拢
and inclining towards a new favourite.
发现自己的用处 给这样的人效劳
To find oneself of use - of service - to such a man
将会感到十分荣幸
would be a very great privilege.
妈妈 快看!
Oh, Mama! Look!
对不起
Excuse me.
她看上去很漂亮 你也是
She looks lovely. You both do.
真抱歉 威斯顿夫人
Oh, I am sorry, Mrs Weston.
亚瑟
Arthur.
威斯顿夫人有点不适
Mrs Weston has taken faint.
请帮我把这些交给克莱拉和德妮丝
Please deliver these to Clara and Denise.
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
来 挽着我的手
Come. Take my arm.
威斯顿夫人 我无意冒犯
Mrs Weston, I do not wish to intrude
但是我不能看着你这么痛苦
but I cannot see you in such distress
而不问问是否有我能帮得上忙的地方
and not ask if there is any way in which I might help.
你是位父亲 对吗?
You are a father, are you not?
我有两个孩子
I have two children.
当我结婚时我没想到...
When I married I did not expect...
芙罗拉她...
Flora is...
我丈夫发现她简直无知得可悲
My husband finds her woefully ignorant.
或许她的确是
And perhaps she is.
但是我并不想让她被赶进书房♥
But I do not want her banished to the schoolroom with lessons
跟着老师上课 而没有关爱
and tutors and no love.
剧集 | 天堂一刻(2012) | 导航列表