剧集 | 月亮宝石(2016) | 导航列表
On the chance of dropping into some sort of stagnant happiness
能让我能顺从自己的生活
which may reconcile me to my life.
我无法相信
Well, I cannot believe that
戈弗雷·亚伯怀特会跟您想法一样
Godfrey Ablewhite would follow you in this.
不管怎样他的心肯定是赴在婚姻上的
His heart must be set on the marriage, at any rate.
他确实说过
He says so.
我想我应该相信他
I suppose I ought to believe him.
毕竟我欠他那么多
After what I have owned to him,
如果他不是这样 是不会和我结婚的
he would hardly marry me otherwise.
有些我这个老头子觉得奇怪的话 不知道应不应该说
If I may say... it sounds strangely, on my old ears...
具体是什么呢
What, in particular?
听您讲起您未来的丈夫
To hear you speak of your future husband
似乎您对他的真心持有怀疑
as if you are unsure of the sincerity of his attachment.
您有怀疑他的理由吗
Are you conscious of any reason to doubt him?
布拉夫先生 您是不是有什么关于戈弗雷·亚伯怀特的话对我讲
Mr Bruff, you have something to tell me about Godfrey Ablewhite.
请说
Tell it.
她什么反应 她怎么说的
What did she say, man, what did she say?!
戈弗雷在检验了她母亲的医嘱后
The fact that Godfrey had examined her mother's will
才过了几个小时他就向她求婚这个事实
only hours before he proposed to her
足以使她相信他是觊觎她的财富才同她结婚的
was enough to convince her that he was marrying her for her wealth.
她意识到绝不能嫁给他
She realised she could never marry him.
- 太好了 - 但是...
- Oh, thank God! - However...
..她也说
..She also said that she
她不会卑鄙的公开指责
would not stoop to make our accusation public.
没有公众谴责的威胁
Met without the threat of public shame,
他是不会放她走的
he would never agree to let her go.
我也是这样喝瑞秋说的
I said as much to Rachel.
她不肯听我的
She would not heed me.
她让我去教堂把他叫回来
She sent me to the church to fetch him to her.
哦 见到你我真是松了一口气!
Oh, what a relief to see you, my good man!
我都开始担心了呢
I was beginning to worry.
戈弗雷?
Godfrey?
恐怕我不能嫁给你
I'm afraid I cannot marry you.
希望时间久了以后
I hope that in the fullness of time,
你会理解甚至原谅我
you will understand and even forgive me.
你要知道我并不是因为一直冲动才做出这样的决定
Be assured that I do not do this in a moment of rash whimsy,
而是因为我仔细地思考了
but because I have thought about it deeply.
可怜的孩子
My poor child!
是我太仓促
I've rushed you.
我现在知道了
I see that now.
婚礼与你母亲的葬礼相隔太近
This wedding... comes far too close on your mother's funeral.
但是 亲爱的 我应该要安慰你的
But, dearest, it is my role to console you.
我们应该在下周挑个日子再结婚
We shall set another day for our union in the coming weeks,
那时候你就会改变主意了
when you have recovered your resolve.
我不是小孩子
I am no child.
我不需要同情
I'm not to be pitied,
我现在想的很明白 也很清楚自己的决定
and I speak to you fully recovered and certain.
这是因为悲伤而情绪失控
This is the hysteria of grief.
瑞秋你需要我来打理你的财产
You need me, Rachel, to help you manage your estate.
你需要一个丈夫
You need a husband.
你希望我是因为需要而不是爱而跟你结婚吗?
Would you have me come to you in need, but not in love?
我不会因为需要而跟你结婚 你也不应该那么做
I will not marry for convenience, and nor should you.
你对我许下过承诺 瑞秋
You made me a promise, Rachel.
我要求你遵守我们订婚合约
I hold you to our contract of engagement.
我们教堂见...
I WILL see you in church...
否则那就在法庭见
..Or I will see you in court.
即使知道我无意于你 你还是想要跟我结婚吗?
Would you really still have me, knowing I wished to be let go?
亲爱的瑞秋 我比你更了解你的心
Darling Rachel... I know your heart better than you know it. Hm!
屈从于我的判断吧
Surrender to my better judgment.
牧师还在等 我们今天还能完婚
The pastor awaits. We could yet be married today.
是 可以
Yes, we can.
在等布拉夫先生完成我拜托他的任务以后
If you will just wait for Mr Bruff to finish the task I have set him.
什么任务?
What task?
布拉夫先生正在起草一份财产信托
Mr Bruff is drawing up a trust.
它会从我的收入和地♥产♥中
It will give us an ample allowance from my income
分出相当大一部分津贴给我们
and interest on my land and principle,
但是它将我的财产
but it holds my fortune,
我们的财产全部归于我们的子孙
our fortune intact for the next generation.
什么?
What?
我们简单地生活也能过得快乐 不是吗?
We can be happy with a simple life, can we not?
我想为我们的孩子打算 戈弗雷
I seek to provide for our children, Godfrey.
你能以什么理由来反对呢?
For what possible reason would you object?
打包你的行李...
Pack your things...
...离开我父母的房♥子
..And leave my parents' house.
抱歉 戈弗雷
I'm sorry, Godfrey.
你这是要解除我们的婚约吗?
Are you breaking our engagement?
你想我放你走吗?
Do you wish me to release you?
我想
I do.
- 那我还是有机会的 是吗? - 是的
- Then I still have all to win? - Yes, sir.
她还是一个自♥由♥独♥立♥的女人
She's still a free and independent woman.
您说我现在要怎么做
What would your advice be to me now,
先生 您觉得下一步我该怎么做?
sir? What should my next step be?
如果瑞秋真的怀疑你拿走了月亮石
Well, if Rachel truly suspects that you took the moonstone,
那她必须告诉我们 她有什么依据那么怀疑你
she must be persuaded to tell us on what grounds she bases this belief.
现在这种情况 尽管看起来很严峻
Now, this case, however serious it might seem,
但仍有可能有转机
could tumble to pieces,
只要我们打破瑞秋这个固有的想法
if only we could break through Rachel's inveterate reserve
让她出面说话
and get her to speak out.
你这个说法多我来说真是”有帮助”呢
That is a very comforting opinion for me.
先生您必须要了解 我站在一个律师的角度
Well, you must understand, sir, that I view this
看待这个问题
whole matter from the point of view of a lawyer.
事情的关键就是证据
It's a question of evidence.
现在对我来说
And to me, the evidence breaks
在一个事实的面前 证据一开始就不成立了
down at the outset on one very important fact.
什么事实
Which is that...?
这封来自罗莎娜·斯皮尔曼的信
This letter from Rosanna Spearman
说明她善于说谎 自欺欺人
proves that she is adept at deception, on her own showing.
如果瑞秋因为睡袍怀疑你
If Rachel suspects you on the basis of the nightgown,
十有八♥九♥是因为
the chances are 99-100
斯皮尔曼给瑞秋看了
that it was Spearman that showed it to her.
斯皮尔曼会因为一己私欲迷惑瑞秋的想法
It would be for her own desire and to her own interest
让她与你产生嫌隙
to poison Rachel's mind against you.
问题是 仅凭睡袍是否就足够
The question is, would the nightgown alone be sufficient
让瑞秋认定你有原因去偷这块宝石
to make Rachel believe that you had cause to be a thief?
这其中还有别的原因
There was something else.
相反地
On the contrary.
我觉得以你的正直
I thought you had more integrity
你不应该偷听我的私人生意
than to eavesdrop on my private business.
你骗我 我告诉我母亲你的债务已经还清了
You lied to me! I told my mother your debts were settled.
我已经有钱了 只是还没有交出去
I have the money, I had but to hand it over.
交出去才算数
Which is the part that counts.
那就有一个不利于你的诱导因素
Then there was a predisposing influence against you.
下一步必须要询问瑞秋
The next step of this enquiry must be one that takes us to Rachel.
棘手的是如何让她毫无保留地说出
Grand difficulty is how to make her reveal the whole of her mind
她对这件事的看法
in this matter without reserve.
我会亲自问她
I will speak to her myself.
你?
You?
罗莎娜已经让她不相信我了
Rosanna poisoned her mind against me.
我想以这次机会为我自己正名
I want the chance to clear my own name
并且再向她描述那天晚上我所记得的事
and tell her once more what I remember of that night.
告诉她我是不可能偷走月亮石的
How it is impossible for me to have stolen the moonstone.
不入虎穴 焉得虎子
Nothing ventured, nothing have.
你确实有个对你有利的机会
And you do have one chance in your favour,
我是没有的
which I certainly don't have.
对我有利的机会?
A chance in my favour?
我相信在瑞秋心底某个地方
Well, I trust that Rachel still reserves,
她对你仍保留着
in some remote corner of her heart,
残留的温存
some perverse weakness for you.
以此着手 相信最终你能
Touch that, and trust for the consequences,
让一个女人告知你一切
for the fullest disclosures to flow from a woman's lips.
问题是怎么让你见到她
剧集 | 月亮宝石(2016) | 导航列表