剧集 | 月亮宝石(2016) | 导航列表
than to live degraded in your own estimation?
更可怜的呢?
She confessed?
她坦白了?
She cannot truly have been confessing to the theft of
她不会真的坦白自己是偷取月亮石的窃贼吧
the moonstone. What did she go on to say?
她接下去又说了什么?
She admitted to dear Godfrey,
她向亲爱的戈弗雷先生承认
in the teeth of his declaration of love,
公然宣布了自己的爱
that she loved another.
说她所爱另有他人
Who?
谁?
She did not say, but since he yet claimed her affections,
她没说 但是因为他还没有回应她的爱慕
then despite the futility of her devotions,
纵使她的爱慕还只是徒劳
she could not find any love for poor Godfrey.
她对可怜的戈弗雷没有丝毫爱意
Am I mad to dream that she might refer to me?
我如果梦想她所言指的是我 是不是疯了?
Is there hope yet?
还有希望吗?
I shall relate what remains of their conversation,
我来告诉你他们的谈话还说到了什么
and let you be the judge of that.
然后你自己来判断
I have dropped to my right place in your estimation, haven't I?
现在我在你心里一落千丈了 是吗?
Oh, don't pity me, for God's sake. Go away.
哦 不要怜悯我 看在上帝的份上 你走吧
Noble creature.
多么高贵的人啊
A woman who will sacrifice her pride,
一个女人 宁可牺牲自己的骄傲
rather than sacrifice an honest man who loves her.
也不愿意牺牲爱她的诚实的男人
A most priceless of all treasures,
这等无价的高贵远胜所有珠宝
and you judge on your place in my estimation is
你以你的立场来作出的决定在我看来应该是
when I implore you,
当我双膝跪地 恳请你时
on my knees, to let the cure of your poor,
让我来照顾你那可怜的
wounded heart be my care.
受伤的心灵
Rachel, will you honour me, will you bless me by being my wife?
瑞秋 能给我这个荣幸 做我的妻子吗?
Godfrey, you must be mad.
戈弗雷 你一定是疯了
No, I have never spoken more reasonably, dearest,
不 我从未像此刻这样理智 我最亲爱的
in your interest as well as in mine.
兼顾你的利益和我自己的利益
How so? But look for a moment to the future.
那怎么可能? 用片刻时间想想未来吧
Is your happiness to be
是要让你的幸福
sacrificed to a man who has never known how
毁在一个不知道
you feel towards him,
你有多爱他
and whom you have resolved never to see again?
而你又决定永不再见的男人身上吗?
Is it not your duty to
你难道不应该
yourself to forget this ill-fated attachment?
为了自己忘掉这份命定无疾而终的依恋吗?
Perhaps, but...
也许吧 但是...
Forgetfulness cannot be found in the life you are leading now,
你现在生活在不肯忘却之中
my point precisely.
我说的没错
You've tried that life. You're wearying of it already.
你试过了那样的生活 你已经感了疲惫不堪
Surround yourself with nobler interests than the wretched
让自己身处高尚趣味而不要令自己
interests of the world, a... a heart... that loves none as you.
身陷悲惨不能自拔 接受... 一颗... 非你莫有所属的心
A home whose peaceful claims and happy duties win gently
一个家庭的平和传统和幸福的日常会潜移默化中
on you day by day, try consolation that is to be found there.
俘获你的心 你将在那里得到心灵的慰藉
Did you not hear me?
你没听到我的话吗?
Godfrey, I do not love you.
戈弗雷 我不爱你
I do not ask for your love.
我不要求你的爱
I would be content with your respect and admiration.
我会满足于你给我的尊重和仰慕
Let the rest be confidently
其他就全部交托于
left to your husband's devotion, and...
你的丈夫 然后
at a time that heals all wounds. Don't tempt me, Godfrey.
在一切伤痛得以愈合之时 不要引诱我 戈弗雷
I am wretched and reckless enough as it is.
我已经悲惨鲁莽至极了
Do not tempt me to be more wretched and more reckless still.
不要引诱我让我陷于更悲惨更鲁莽的境地
Just one question, Rachel. Have you any personal objection to me?
我只问你一个问题 瑞秋 你对我有任何不满吗?
I always liked you.
我一直都喜欢你
After what you have just said to me, it should be insensible
在你刚才对我说了那些话之后 如果我不一如既往地尊重敬慕你
indeed if I didn't respect and admire you as well.
那我可真是麻木不仁了
Then marry the man, dearest, who is now at your feet,
那么嫁给他吧 亲爱的 嫁给这个跪在脚边的人吧
who prizes your respect and admiration over the love of
他会把你的尊重和敬慕
any other woman on the face of the earth.
看得比地球上任何女人的爱都重要
Gently, Godfrey, I tell you again I am miserable enough
戈弗雷 我心平气和地再说一遍
and desperate enough, if you say another word,
我已经够悲苦够绝望
to marry you on your own terms.
不能承受你再自顾自地和我提嫁给你的话
Take the warning and go. I...
你走吧 记住我的警告 我...
I will not even rise from my knees till you've said yes.
如果你不答应我就不站起来
If I agree, you will repent,
如果我同意你会后悔的
and I shall repent when it is too late.
那时我也会后悔却为时已晚
No, we shall both bless the day,
不 我们应该一起为那一天祈福
darling, I pressed and you yielded.
亲爱的 为了我坚持而你顺从的那一天
You won't hurry me, Godfrey.
你不能催我 戈弗雷
Time shall be yours.
时间是你的
And you won't ask me for more than I can give.
你也不可以对我要求太多
My angel...
我的天使...
I only ask that you give me yourself.
我只要你把自己交给我
Then take me.
那就拿去吧
It has... It has not been announced.
这件事 这件事并没有对外公布
I've heard nothing from Bruff, Betteredge.
我从没听不拉夫说起过 巴特艾奇你呢
I've heard nothing of this from Penelope, sir.
我也没听佩内洛普说起 先生
Due to her mother's recent
由于她母亲刚刚过世
death and last year's terrible scandal,
还有去年那场可怕的流言
of course, the engagement's for family ears only.
理所当然地 订婚的事情只有家族内知道
Then why reveal it now?
那么为什么现在又要说出来呢?
Mr Blake, I am under oath.
布莱克先生 我发过誓的
And, of course, I suppose you are family.
而且 当然 我是把你当成家人的
When is the wedding?
婚礼是什么时候?
Tomorrow.
明天
Why Brighton?
为什么是在布莱顿?
The Ablewhites have taken a house there for the season.
亚伯怀特一家在那里置了房♥子供这个季节来居住
It is a very quiet event,
如你所见
as you see, or I would be attending myself.
婚礼很低调 否则我自己也会去参加
My solicitor meets us in London tonight.
我的律师今晚在伦敦和我们碰面
He will see you on your onward journey.
你接下去旅途他会陪你
You will miss the last train and travel on at first light.
你会错过末班火车然后赶凌晨第一班火车
Even if you arrive before the wedding,
即便你能在婚礼前赶到
you shall not be able to prevent it, you know that.
你也无法阻止婚礼的举♥行♥ 你知道的
Why are you glad to see me too late? Hmm?
为什么我来晚了你那么高兴? 嗯?
You do not want them married any more than I.
你和我一样不想他们结成婚
Or is it just that misery loves company?
还是你只是想有个同病相怜的人一起?
I pity you, Miss Clack.
我怜悯你 克拉克小姐
Bruff. Ah.
不拉夫 呃
You received my cable? I did.
你收到我的电报了? 是的
I entrust Miss Clack to your care.
我委托你照顾克拉克小姐
Please see her to a respectable hotel,
请你把她送到一间体面的酒店
and book her safe passage home tomorrow.
然后给她定好票让她安全地回家
Mr Franklin, may I have a few words with you?
富兰克林先生 我能和你说几句话吗?
Did you know about the wedding?
你知道婚礼的事情了吗?
How many times since my
我从意大利回来之后
return from Italy have I asked you about Rachel?
问过你多少次瑞秋的事情?
Mr Franklin...
富兰克林先生...
Why did you not tell me she was marrying Godfrey Ablewhite?
为什么你不告诉我她要和戈弗雷·亚伯怀特结婚了?
Miss Clack, would you please excuse us?
克拉克小姐 能请你稍等我一下吗?
It was not my secret to give.
这个秘密不是我应该说的
Is there anything else you've been keeping from me?
还有别的事情你瞒着我吗?
No, I swear it.
没有了 我发誓
I shall find another solicitor for my business.
我要换个律师处理我的事情了
Well, that is your prerogative.
嗯 那是你的权利
But, Mr Franklin, I did not come halfway across London
但是 F富兰克林先生 我横穿半个伦敦
merely to chaperone Miss Clack.
不是来陪护克拉克小姐的
I have important news. About the moonstone?
我有非常重要的消息 关于月亮石吗?
No, it is... Well, then, I bid you goodnight.
不 是... 嗯 那 我就此和你道个晚安吧
News concerning Rachel.
是关于瑞秋的消息
Believe me, Mr Franklin, you WILL want to hear it.
相信我 富兰克林先生 你一定想知道
Today, on behalf of another client, I happened to find myself
今天 我在代理另一个客户的时候
in the doctors' commons, to examine a will.
正好是在医生那里 去查一份遗嘱
There, in the ledger, I spied a familiar name
在那的账簿里 我在曾被查看过的遗嘱清单里
in the list of wills viewed.
窥到了一个熟悉的名字
Someone has examined my Aunt Verinder's will?
有人来看过了瓦林德姨妈的遗嘱?
Three months since.
三个月前
The very day of her funeral,
就在她葬礼的那一天
before her body was cold in the ground.
她才刚刚下葬尸骨未寒
剧集 | 月亮宝石(2016) | 导航列表