喜剧演员表演喜剧
That's right. It's a comedian doing comedy.
戴娜… -喜剧是唯一一个
Dinah... - Comedy being
黑人可以表现出众 获得白人“干得好”的评价的职业
and have a room full of white people
坐下 詹姆斯
Sit down, James.
你看起来像杀过人
Brother, you look like you killed somebody.
同样杀过人的举手 数三下
Look, I killed somebody, too, so on the count of three,
我们都说一下杀了谁
let's both say who we killed.
别担心 没人在听
Don't worry, nobody's listening anyway.
一、二、三
One, two, three.
平克劳斯贝
Bing Crosby.
马上派人到柜台这边来
We got some folks at the lunch counter right now,
抗♥议♥我还在说话
they're protesting me still talking.
他很笨拙 但也很好笑
He's super clumsy, but I think he's funny.
我在努力表现友善
Look, I'm trying to be nice.
有糖尿病的人可能笑不出来
Yeah, I figured folks with diabetes wouldn't laugh at that,
嘿 再多倒点糖浆 兄弟
Hey, hey, pour some more syrup on that shit, brother.
她努力工作 让我远离危险 结果我在这里
She worked her whole life to keep me out of danger,
因为一切事物都是 以白人为目标受众的
Because everything's aimed at white people.
想想儿童故事
I mean, think about children's stories.
如果汉泽尔与格莱特是黑人 故事在四行内就结束了
If Hansel and Gretel were Black,
“孩子们留下面包屑记录行踪
The kids leave cornbread crumbs to follow their tracks.
“女巫抓住他们说 ‘面包屑的食谱交出来!’
The witch catches up to 'em and say,
“他们做出了史上最好的玉米面包
Together they make the greatest cornbread of all time.
《黑美人》
Black Beauty, yeah... - You found this guy?
白天的工作别辞掉
He is. - Don't quit your day job.
我不只在气味很大的餐厅演出
You know, I-I don't just play at smelly restaurants.
我还在三州地区的各种高档厕所里演
I also play a wide range of upscale lavatories
嘿 朱尼尔!
Hey, Junior! - Hey, James.
这是苏西 我跟你说起过她
This is Susie. I told you about her.
但是? -什么?
But... - What?
你们总会说“但是”
There's always a "but" with you people.
别这样 -好吧 你说得对
Don't do that.
是的 我的话题切换有点问题
Yeah, I know I've got some segue issues.
而且你扯得太开了 话题太多
And you meander. You got a lot of topics.
很好 那就打磨一下
Good. Hone it.
还有事吗?
Anything else?
你有经纪人吗?
You got management? - Managers just take your money.
你和很多经纪人打过交道?
Oh, yeah? You got a lot of experience with managers?
我听说过很多事
I've heard things. - Well, have you heard that without a manager,
接下来十年你都会在男厕所工作
you'll be working men's rooms for the next ten years?
试六个月
Let's try it for six months.
至少我可以让你去更好的洗手间
See if, at the very least, I can get you into better bathrooms.
来根薯条
Take a fry.
明天打给我 我请你吃午饭
Call me tomorrow. I'll buy you lunch.
回头见 詹姆斯
Later, James.
我该回家了
I should get home.
我不打电♥话♥回去的话 我妈会担心
My mama gets worried when I'm out and I don't call.
来 这个给我
Here, I'll take this.
所以我明天可以回来上班?
Oh, so I'm coming back tomorrow?
当然了
Yeah. Of course you are.
9点半 别迟到
9:30, don't be late.
好
Okay, just have your pants on
我几乎没有不♥穿♥裤子的时候
Yeah, I almost never not have my pants on.
紫色的是什么?
What's the purple? - I'm guessing it's an eggplant.
不希望她扮成茄子
She doesn't want Esther dressed as an eggplant.
所以才有多种选择嘛 有南瓜
That's why the choices.
听到没? -菠萝看起来很可爱
A pineapple would look cute on Esther.
还有甜味的水果 不要是开胃菜就行
Any sweet fruit would look good on her.
甜味水果
A sweet fruit for Esther.
费了些功夫!-戴娜
You know, those shapes that boys are so obsessed with.
可以了?
So we're good to go? - Sure.
在吧台见?
Meet me at the bar. - You got it.
他们可能会打电♥话♥给安比和罗斯
They'll probably call Abe and Rose as soon as they hear.
好的 谢谢你的提醒
Okay. Thanks for the heads-up.
菠萝和胡萝卜很好
Pineapple and carrot's good.
效果会好的
It's gonna work.
我同意 有进展随时通知我
I agree. Keep me posted.
我们今天请到了有趣的兰尼布鲁斯
And we got funny man Lenny Bruce.
卡♥耐♥基♥音乐厅?
So, Carnegie Hall, you nervous about filling the place?
三秒前还不紧张 戈迪
Not until about three seconds ago, Gordy, no.
你已经不会在演出前紧张了 是不是 兰尼?
performance anxiety anymore, do you, Lenny?
我们注意不要讲脏段子 纳贝斯克是我们的赞助商
Now, come on, l-let's-let's keep it clean here, folks.
我很纯洁 像阿妮塔布莱恩特一样
Mine is clean as Anita Bryant's.
我要非常尴尬地给自己做托 戈迪
I'm going to awkwardly shill for myself here, Gordy.
我经纪人让我保证会说
My manager made me promise, so here goes.
好了
All right, that's... real... There it is.
各位 我是兰尼布鲁斯
Folks, this is Lenny Bruce.
请你们一定一定
Asking you to please, please
要来我的演出 在那个被大家叫作卡♥耐♥基♥的大厅
come to my show at the hall they call Carnegie.
我的自尊心正遭受威胁
My self-esteem is at risk here.
不能售罄的演出会击碎我脆弱的自尊
A less-than-sold-out show would shatter my fragile ego
伤害到对美国的律师们 非常重要的东西
and hurt something very dear to the lawyers of America,
买♥♥纳贝斯克的产品
And buy Nabisco products, for Gordy's sake.
我跟你们说 在干威士忌中泡一片利兹饼干
I'm telling you, dunk a Ritz Cracker
不如我们给观众
Okay, well, how about we get some Ritz Crackers
碰杯吧 你妈会希望我早点回家的
Let's clink, kiddo. You know your mother.
敬生活 -敬生活
L'chaim.
你要聊什么?
So, what's on your mind?
就是想和我最爱的老爸喝一杯
Just wanted to have a drink with my favorite father.
我知道 之前我没怎么透露
Okay. So I know I was a little cagey before,
她会成为一名医生
And she is going to be a doctor.
这部分是真话 很好
So that part is true? Good for you.
我们可能要结婚了
And it looks like we're gonna get married.
好!我们应该来双份的
Yes! We should've gotten doubles.
我来搞定
I can fix that.
结婚!你妈得高兴坏了
Married! Your mother's gonna plotz!
我刚说了一半
But... that's only the half of it.
一半?还有另一半?
Only the half? There's another half?
该死! -爸!
Shit!
叫救护车!
Call an ambulance! Call an ambulance!
这里有医生吗?任何种类的医生?
Is there a doctor in the house?
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表