剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
once you've left most of Earth's atmosphere,
第一眼就看到太阳
that is when you first get to see the sun,
如果是晚上 你就能看到地球
or if it's at night then you get to see planet Earth.
你们俩都去过那里
And so you've both been there.
当你们进入太空的那一刻
How does that feel,
感觉如何
that moment when you're getting out there into space?
麦克解释过那一刻的感受
The actual moment that Mike explained about
当你一下子从三倍重力
when you suddenly go from about 3G
到失重状态时 我...
to 0G, I was...
真的很开心 因为太空服太热了
It was a delightful feeling because the spacesuit is so hot
直到这时
but for the first time,
空气才能够从你的背后流通
the ventilation can actually go behind your back,
因为你漂浮在座位与安全带之间
cos you're floating sort of between the seat and your straps,
所以空气得以流通 能够将汗吹干
so the ventilation can go and dry some of the sweat off.
然后当你解开安全带时 就会飘起来了
And then when you unstrap and you just float out,
那种感觉很美妙很自♥由♥
isn't that a wonderful free feeling?
一种解放 没错
Liberating. Absolutely.
那是漂浮的自♥由♥感
It's that freedom of floating.
而且它也不会停止
And of course it never stops, does it?
就这样一直飘呀飘呀
It just keeps on going and going.
会让你忘了有些事的感觉
And you forget what it's like.
比如现在我能真切地感受到下面的椅子
I mean, right now I can actually feel the seat beneath me.
我相信只要去注意
And I'm sure if you actually think about it,
你们就能感受到脚下的地板
you can actually feel the floor beneath your feet.
而那时你会忘了站着或者坐下是什么感觉
You forget what it's like to stand up or sit down.
你的难忘的回忆是什么 麦克
And best memory for you of that, Mike?
庆幸的是联盟号♥很小
Well, fortunately the Soyuz is very small
所以你不会漂很远
so you don't float very far.
但是你会先漂到窗户那里
But the first place you float to is to the window
我觉得看着窗外的地球
and I think looking out the window to the Earth
绝对是我最棒的回忆
was absolutely my best memory.
但其实只要想到 已经安全度过上升阶段
But also just to know that you've made it through ascent
安全进入轨道 就已经很高兴了
and you're in orbit is just a great feeling,
因为一切都运作正常
because everything went right.
太棒了 先坐好 我们还没结束
Fantastic. Well, stay here, guys, we're not finished yet!
但至少我们已经进入轨道
But at least we are in orbit.
不过他们还没到达正确的轨道
But they're just not quite in the right orbit yet.
国际空间站在他们上方
The ISS is up above them,
在距离地表400千米的上空
circling the Earth 250 miles above the surface of the Earth,
以28200千米每小时的速度绕地球运转
travelling at 17,500 miles an hour.
联盟号♥还需上升一段路才能到达那里
The Soyuz still has to climb to get there.
问题是 他们要怎么做到呢
And the question is, how are they going to do that?
这可比你想象的要难多了
And that's much trickier than you think.
为了给大家做展示 我需要一个人帮忙
And to show you that, I'm going to need the help of a volunteer.
好的 那么
OK, so...
有请
Let's have...
你 请你下来
you. Let's come down.
-你叫什么名字 -考希克 -考希克
- Now, what's your name? - Kaushik. - Kaushik.
考希克 好的
Kaushik, OK.
这就是我们用来展示轨道交会的工具
So this is our orbital rendezvous demonstrator. All right?
它是这么运行的
And here's how it works.
拨动开关后 小车就会绕地球转起来
You pull that trigger and these cars are going round.
一个速度比另一个快
Now, one is going faster round the Earth than the other one.
你的速度和你在轨道中所处的位置密不可分
Your speed and where you are in your orbit are inseparable.
当你离地球较近时
So when you're close to the Earth,
你绕地球转的速度就会更快
you're going around the Earth faster,
而处在较高轨道中时 比如国际空间站
when you're high in an orbit, like the ISS is,
速度就会慢下来
you're going slower.
所以如果我们把这根线放远一些
So if we let this string out here,
你的轨道会更高但速度会下降
you can go higher but you're travelling slower again.
那么就让我们来看看你能不能
So let's see if you can
和国际空间站对接上
get yourself to dock with the ISS, all right?
向右拧 就开始向外运动
So if you turn it to the right, it goes out,
向左拧 就会向内运动
turn it to the left, it goes down.
好的 那是我最喜欢的圣诞玩具 就那个
All right, that's my favourite Christmas toy, that one!
打开开关 走走看
So pull the trigger and have a go.
好的 就是像这样
Now, this is what it's like,
这就是为什么轨道力学这么难
this is why orbital mechanics are so difficult,
因为你的速度和位置密切相关
because your speed is not independent of your position.
如果你处在较高轨道 离空间站就近
If you're higher in orbit, you're close to the space station
但你行进的速度就会慢下来
but you're travelling more slowly
所以得把控好行动时机
so you have to time your run.
如果现在想追上它
If you want to catch up with it now,
那么就得下移到一条低一点的轨道上
you have to drop down to a lower orbit.
好的 你得赶上它啊
That's good. You've got to catch up.
现在要开始注意行动的时机了
And now you're going to have to time your run
这样才能接近国际空间站
so that you get close to the ISS.
我们试着升高离得近一点 因为说真的
Now let's try and get up close because truthfully...
可以 有希望
Oh, here we go!
我还从来没见过谁一次就成了呢
I have never seen anyone do that first time!
-你碰巧是个宇航员吗 -还真不是
- Are you an astronaut by any chance? - Not really.
非常棒 考希克 谢谢你的参与
Well, that was very impressive, Kaushik, thank you so much.
请坐
Take your seat!
所以就是这么运作的
So that's how that works.
太空中就是这样移♥动♥自己的
That's how you manoeuvre yourself around in space,
利用这种反作用力
with that sort of reaction.
在提姆的任务里 我们已经走到了这里
And that's where we've got to in Tim's mission.
现在要更进一步
We'll go forwards now,
来到提姆发射后的6小时30分
to six hours and 30 minutes after Tim has launched.
他现在正在接近空间站
And he is now approaching Space Station.
我们来看一些相关影片
We're going to see some film of that
请看大屏幕
as they approach up here on the screen.
他们正在接近 这是提姆的运载飞船
And they're pulling close and that is Tim's vehicle approaching.
当然 我们的观众席中有两位
And of course, there are two people in our audience
是有亲身经历的
who know exactly what that feels like,
接下来有请
so I am going to ask you to welcome back
宇航员海伦·沙曼和麦克·巴勒特
astronauts Helen Sharman and Mike Barratt.
谢谢
Thank you.
所以已经过了6小时30分钟了
So this is six hours, 30 minutes,
他们正在接近空间站
they're approaching the space station.
你们记得当时任务的这个部分吗
Do you guys remember this from your missions?
-我记得 这真是终身难忘 -是的
- I remember. You can't forget it, can you? - No.
其实没有人庆祝的
Nobody celebrates.
在星城是没有人庆祝发射的
Nobody in Star City celebrates the launch.
真正庆祝的是对接成功
You celebrate the docking,
因为那时才算是安全到达了
cos that's when you know that you're there safely.
而且当我们知道不能自动对接
And we were actually 200km away when we knew
要换成人工手动的时候
that we weren't going to make it automatically
我们之间的距离只有200千米远了
and we took over manual.
你的体验很不寻常 不是吗
But you had a different experience, didn't you?
我们当时是还有100多米
So we were about a little more than 100 metres out,
然后引擎上有一个传感器坏了
and we had a failure of one of the sensors on the engines.
制导计算机也不太能处理
And the guidance computer didn't like it
所以就换成了手动操作来完成对接
so it said switch over to manual and fly that in.
提姆的对接其实
And Tim's docking actually turned out
比大家之前想的要
to be much, much more nervy
紧张得多
than anyone thought it was going to be.
当时到底是怎么回事 麦克
What happened there, Mike?
那是个很相似的故障
So it was a very similar failure.
事实上跟我们的故障一样
In fact, the same one that we had
但那发生在不到20米的时候
but it was inside of 20 metres.
所以当时已经离得非常近了
So they were actually very close.
无论何时两艘宇宙飞船离得非常近
And whenever you have two spacecraft very close together,
你都要保证它们是处在万无一失的控制下的
you want to be sure that they're extremely tightly controlled.
但是 电脑不喜欢这种情况
Well, the computer didn't like what it saw
所以它告诉飞船向后退
and so it told the spacecraft to back up.
飞船就开始后退 并且速度很快
And it did, very quickly.
如果你们在电视上看的话
In fact, if any of you watched it on TV,
应该是能看到飞船进行了急退
you saw it beat a very hasty retreat
退到了大概100多米外
to a little bit more than 100 metres.
在对接中 这是两艘飞船离得最近的一次了
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表