剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
向你们挑战
on your surgical capability
在这之前 我想向你解释一下
and before I do, I would like to explain to you.
这位是迈克·巴拉特 现役宇航员
this is Mike Barratt, current astronaut,
前美国宇航局航♥空♥医生
former NASA flight surgeon,
我想让你们挑战我们的手术能力
and I am going to get you to challenge us on surgical capability.
你们的手术能力如何
What is your surgical capability?
我个人认为
In my humble opinion,
我们的手术能力其实还不错
I think our surgical capability is pretty good, actually.
我们可以做呼吸道手术
We can do a surgical airway
也可以做紧急胸腔手术
and we also are able to perform emergency chest surgery,
包括有需要时进行心脏直视手术
and that includes open heart surgery where necessary.
所以我觉得应该打六分或者七分
So I think probably about 6-7.
迈克 这可有点尴尬
Mike? This is a bit awkward.
他们可以在高速公路上做胸腔手术
They can do chest surgery on the motorway.
国际空间站的手术能力如何
What is the International Space Station's surgical capability?
我们可以给很深的伤口做撕裂伤修复手术
We can do laceration repair, pretty deep wounds.
我们可以做胸腔抽吸
We can do a chest drain,
我们会训练宇航员实施这项手术
so we actually train people to do that
因为非常担心压力变化和受伤
because we worry a lot about pressure changes and injuries.
但差不多就到此为止了
But that's about where we stop.
我们不必带着手术包的
One of the most important things
最重要的原因之一就是
we don't have to go with the surgery kit is
没有外科医生或受过训练的人去进行手术
a surgeon or anybody trained to do such surgery,
我想这次我们的得分要比两分更高一点
so I'd like to give us a little bit better than two,
提高到三分
so I will advance us to a three.
我们输了 迈克
We lost, Mike.
岂有此理
Darnedest thing.
好 我们得谈谈
OK. We are going to have to talk about this.
为什么他们的手术包比你们的好得多
Why is their kit so much better?
我以为直升机不必配备这么好的手术包
I would have thought a helicopter would not have as good a kit.
我以为你们有《星际迷航》那种医疗室呢
I thought you'd have a whole Star Trek-type sickbay up there,
为什么没有
why don't you have that?
问得好
That's an excellent question
最主要是因为
and mostly it's because
我们要处置的病人
the patients we have to deal with are very different
与玛尔瓦和凯伦要处置的病人非常不同
from what Marwa or Karen would have to deal with.
如果你考虑到你要面对的
If you take some of the forces that cause the injuries
造成伤害的力
that you respond to -
比如坠落 车祸之类 而太空中没有这些
falls, motor vehicles, we don't have that.
在空间站上不会坠落 上面也没车
You can't fall up there, we don't have any cars,
很多能造成伤害的力都不存在
so a lot of those energies that cause those injuries are gone.
枪伤 刺伤 我们是个友善的团队
Gunshot wounds, stab wounds, we tend to be an affable group,
彼此相处非常融洽
we get along quite well with each other,
所以也没有那些伤害
so we don't have those types of injuries.
输掉了比赛 我很失望
I'm really disappointed to lose that game,
我站错边了
I chose the wrong side.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
非常感谢 迈克·巴拉特
it's my great pleasure to say thank you to Mike Barratt.
和来自肯特 萨里和苏塞克斯空中救护车的
And my colleagues from Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance,
我的同事们 凯伦和玛尔瓦 非常感谢
Karen and Marwa. Thank you very much.
再次感谢
I'm gonna say, thank you!
我们了解到 太空中和其他地方一样
So what we've learned is that in space, like everywhere else,
提前防护总比伤后治疗好
prevention is always better than cure,
国际空间站的防护做得非常好
and they are very good at doing that on ISS,
但如果出现了最坏的情况怎么办
but what do you do if the worst happens?
你需要快些回家
What you do is you come home in an awful hurry
坐上联盟号♥返回舱回家
and the way you do that is aboard the Soyuz capsule.
无论如何 提姆在任务结束时
That's the way Tim, one way or another,
就会采用这种方法回家
will have to come home at the end of his mission.
它就像一条
The problem with that as a lifeboat,
能带你离开空间站的救生船
as a thing that gets you off the station,
问题在于 在到家之前
is that when it comes home eventually,
它需要穿过大气层
it needs to pass through the atmosphere
而穿过大气层时
and when it passes through the atmosphere,
就会变得非常热
it gets very hot.
为什么会变热
Why does it get hot?
我曾经以为 是因为它与大气层相碰撞
I used to think that it was because it hit the atmosphere
在经过大气层时
and there was loads of friction
发生剧烈摩擦 因此变热
and as it came through that's why it heated up,
但其实不是这样的
but that's not true.
它变热的原因
The reason it heats up is the same reason
和这一管空气变热的原因相同
that this tube of air is going to get hot.
想象一下 它的末端
If you imagine the end of this
就是联盟号♥返回舱
is the Soyuz capsule coming through
它要穿过一柱大气层中的空气
a column of air in the atmosphere,
返回舱穿过时
then this capsule is going to compress the air
会压缩空气
as it comes through.
空气分子来不及让开
The air molecules just don't have time to get out the way,
我会用力
and I am going to try and...
开始
Go!
活塞并没有接触到棉花
The piston didn't touch the cotton,
它只是压缩了空气
it just compressed the air.
空气的温度就高得足以点燃棉花
The air got hot enough to light the cotton.
你可以采取这种方式生火
You can start a fire like that,
这是一种古老的生火方法
it's an ancient way of starting a fire.
这可比钻木取火
It's a better way of starting a fire
要有效得多
than rubbing sticks together,
这就是为什么联盟号♥返回舱
but that is exactly why Soyuz gets so hot
在穿过大气层时会变得非常热
as it comes through the atmosphere.
联盟号♥阻热的方法
The way to defend against that
就是明智地披上一层保护层
for the Soyuz is to have a very clever type of shielding
叫做烧蚀保护层
called an ablative shield.
保护层燃烧时 会释放出气体
As it burns, this shield releases gases
这种气体可以将火焰和热量赶走
that literally push the flames and the heat away,
这样就保护了返回舱和舱内人员
protecting the capsule and her crew.
因此 在任务结束时
That's how Tim will keep alive
提姆能够活着回来
as he comes back at the end of his mission.
为了向大家展示 这种材料的
And to show you just how good this material is
散热性能有多好
at getting rid of heat,
我需要同事帮我一把
I'm going to need some help from my colleagues.
我们这里准备了
What we have in here is the material
保护航♥天♥飞机的材料
that protected the space shuttle,
但如果只用喷灯对它加热几秒
but you can't get it very hot
也不能把它弄得非常热
if you just play a blowtorch over it for a few seconds.
你得把它放在高温炉中
You have to put it in a kiln
高温炉的温度在1000摄氏度左右
and that kiln has to be about 1,000 degrees,
读数有多少 1100度
what's that? 1,100 degrees.
看 高温炉内有1100度
Right there, you can see that. It's 1,100 degrees, a kiln.
我们马上就会打开它
We are going to open that in a second
当我们把材料拿出来时
and when it comes out,
它会非常炽热
this material is going to be red hot,
你们能看到它很热
you're going to see it,
但我不戴手套就能把它拿起来
and I'm going to pick it up without any gloves.
好了 我们把高温炉打开吧 亚历克斯
OK, so let's get that kiln open. Alex.
为什么你有手套但我没有
Why do you have gloves and I don't?
我们现在先别谈这个了 好了
Let's not go there right now, all right, all right.
好 可真热啊
OK. That's pretty hot!
这种材料大部分是气体
So this material is made mostly of air.
由二氧化硅织成的
It's silica, actually, woven,
如果我们把灯光稍微调暗一些
and so if we get the lights down a little bit,
大家就能看见它在发光
you can see that glowing.
它能热上好几个小时
That is going to stay hot for hours.
它已经烤了好几个小时了
That's been baked for hours.
你可以看见它热得发出红光
You can see that's glowing red hot.
如果我对它的性质判断正确
If I'm right about this and its properties,
它能非常迅速地散热
it rejects heat very quickly
它是由外向内冷却的
so it cools from the outwards in,
由距离中心最远的地方也就是四角开始冷却
the furthest bits from the centre, the corners,
那么我应该可以拿起它...
so I should be able to pick it...
我真的不想这么做
I really actually don't want to do this.
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表