剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
增加供氧量进行抢救
and rescue them by giving them more oxygen
压力要降到多少 你会考虑用呼吸机
and putting them on a ventilator, you're at how much?
降到6千帕我就会非常担心
Six is where I'd really get worried.
大约6千帕就让人超担心了
About six we're super-worried
就需要叫重症监护医生
and you're calling the Intensive Care doctor.
你在珠峰时的血氧分压是多少
What was the level of oxygen in your bloodstream at the summit of Everest?
2.5千帕
2.5.
这是个相当低的数值
And that's a crazy low value.
确实很低
Really low.
坦白讲 你能活下来真是个奇迹
And it is bizarre that you're still alive, frankly.
谢谢
Thank you!
这是人类血氧含量的最低记录吗
It's the lowest recorded oxygen level in any human being?
没错
I believe so.
没见过更低的 所以记录还保持着
We've never seen any lower, so that record remains.
在珠峰上非常不适
It's pretty uncomfortable up there
你需要花大量时间
and this is a huge amount of time
去调整适应
you have to spend adapting to it.
看得出你现在穿着羽绒服感觉很热
Well, I can see you're getting quite warm in your down suit.
-很适合珠峰 可不适合这里 -对
- Good for Everest, not good for the Royal Institution. - No!
非常感谢你 丹·马丁医生
Thank you very much, Dr. Dan Martin.
谢谢
Thank you.
这就是丹的疯狂之旅
That's a crazy story from Dan
他能活下来真是太不可思议了
and it's amazing that he is alive at all.
为了告诉大家穿过大气层
To show you just how bad it is
有多么糟糕
as you go out through the atmosphere,
让我们回到任务计时器
let's go back to our mission clock.
现在他们开始移♥动♥了
They're moving now.
他们已经比珠峰最高点高出了9千米
They've gone beyond the summit of Everest at around 9km.
他们上升到18千米
They've got up to 18km,
也就是18000米 63000英尺
18,000 metres, 63,000 feet,
这是一个非常重要的分界线
and that's an important boundary.
为了告诉大家原因 我需要几位志愿者
And to show you why, I'm going to need a couple of volunteers.
我们需要两个人
Let's have two volunteers.
好的 我要到这边找一位
All right, I'm going to have to try and go up here for this one.
好的 请你站起来
OK, stand up for me.
来吧 对 我们就请你吧
Go on. Yeah, why don't we have you?
请你到那去 这次我到这边
Why don't you go down there and I'll go up here this time?
你就站那
Just stand there.
请你站起来好吗
And why don't you stand up for me?
对 好的 也请你下来好吗
Yeah, OK, why don't you come down as well?
-好的 你叫什么名字 -托比
- OK. And what's your name? - Toby.
-托比 你叫... -亚历山德拉
- Toby and... - Alexandra.
亚历山德拉 我要安排你做些别的
Alexandra, I've got something else in mind for you.
现在我们要带你离开一下
I think we're going to have to take you away right now.
等会见 再见
We'll see you later I think. Bye-bye.
别担心 她不会有事的
Don't worry, she'll be all right.
现在 你感觉怎么样
Now, how are you feeling?
-感觉不错 -感觉不错
- Good. - Good.
-很好 确定吗 -确定
- Good, you sure? - Yeah.
好的 我想你应该坐下
OK. I think you should have a seat.
我们要把这个放进你嘴里 可以吗
Let's put this in your mouth, shall we?
好的 张开嘴巴 把它含在舌下
OK, so, open your mouth, stick this under your tongue,
保持住 好的
keep it there. All right.
我们待会再来看他 不用担心
We'll come back to him later, don't worry!
好的 关于攀登珠峰
All right, OK, so one of the things Dan Martin told me
丹·马丁告诉我的一件事就是...
about climbing Everest also...
那不是很愉快
It's not very pleasant.
珠峰上非常冷
It's pretty cold,
你甚至不能泡一杯像样的茶
and you can't make a decent cup of tea.
在珠穆朗玛峰上不能泡一杯像样的茶
You can't make a decent cup of tea on Everest
是因为随着你在大气层中位置升高
because as you rise up through the atmosphere,
气压不断降低
the boiling point of water also falls,
水的沸点也随之降低
because the pressure falls.
在珠峰顶上 气压降得非常低
At the summit of Everest, the pressure has fallen so much
水的沸点只有72摄氏度
that the boiling point of water is only 72 degrees Celsius.
现在 随着你在大气层中位值继续升高
Now, as you keep going into the atmosphere,
这种状况会一直持续
that keeps happening until you reach a point,
到达63000英尺 18000米时
63,000 feet, 18,000 metres,
也就是宇航员们现在执行任务的高度
where the astronauts are now in their mission,
在那个高度 水的沸点只有37摄氏度
where you can boil water at 37 degrees Celsius.
托比 你还好吗
And Toby, you all right?
你的体温是36.8摄氏度
And your temperature is 36.8 degrees Celsius.
是的 很接近37摄氏度了
Yeah, so close enough to 37.
所以在大气层的某个高度...
So you can reach a point in the atmosphere...
...托比就可以把自己煮沸
...where Toby can boil himself.
这听起来可不太愉快 对吧
That sounds pretty unpleasant, doesn't it?
现在请你过来帮忙
So you're going to come and help now.
我们不会把你煮沸的 托比
We're not going to boil you, Toby.
如果有这么一个地方
If you get to a point
靠体温就可以把自己煮沸
where your own core body temperature can boil you,
可是个坏消息
that's bad news.
现在 我们不会把你煮沸的
Now, we won't boil you
但我们会做一个托比模型 好吗
but we'll make a Toby model, OK?
这就是我的模型托比
So here's my Toby model.
我得说 这个模型不太可爱
It's not a very good model, I have to say.
这就是托比的头 好吗 有点像你啊
So this is my Toby head, all right? It looks a bit like you!
我们用棉花糖来做你的头
And we'll have a marshmallow for your head
因为它可以模拟你的软组织
because that simulates your soft tissues.
这个气球代表你体内的空气
This balloon will be like the air in your body,
比如说肺部的空气
perhaps the air in your lungs.
你的肺大概就在这里
So that's about where your lungs is.
好的 下面是重点
OK, here's the important bit,
这是你体内的自♥由♥水份
here's the free water in your body.
现在把你的手指放进水里
Now, put your finger in that water,
很凉 是吗
and it's pretty cold, isn't it?
温度大概与你的体温一样
It's about the same temperature as your body,
实际上 是37摄氏度
actually, it's 37 degrees.
就像你嘴里唾液的温度
So that would be like the spit in your mouth
或者刚喝下肚时水的温度
or the glass of water in your stomach just after you've drunk it.
还有一些水 让我们看看最后这件东西
There is water elsewhere, and let's just look at this last thing.
是一个红色杯子
This is a red glass
用它来代表你血管中的水 好吗
that's like the water that's in your bloodstream, OK?
这部分水被包裹住了
And that water has got a cover on it
因为血液 至少动脉血是被包裹的
because the blood, at least in your arteries, has a cover on it.
它被肌壁保护着
It has a muscular wall that protects it
其作用类似于高压锅
and kind of acts like a pressure cooker.
至少可以防止水轻易沸腾
And that'll stop the water from boiling a bit at least.
现在 把它们排成一排当作托比的身体
Now, let's line this all up for our Toby body
我们开始操作
and let's get this going.
虽然我们不能把这些都送上太空
Now, we can't send all of this into space
但可以模拟出太空的环境
but we can make it think it's gone into space.
把它们放入真空罩来模拟太空环境
We do that by putting it inside this vacuum chamber
将里面的空气都抽光
and sucking out all the air.
这是一个真空泵 托比
So this is a vacuum pump, Toby.
现在请你把手放在那个开关上
And so if you put your hand on that switch,
我来带大家给你倒数
and I'll get everyone to give you a countdown,
我们要通过模拟把它们送入太空
we're going to send this into space by making it, well,
想象它飞向了太空...
think it's gone into space...
三 二 一...
Three, two, one...
我们出发了 到这来
Off we go! Come round here,
托比 看看这个
Toby, have a look at this.
指针正在升高
So that needle is going up.
现在我们将要到达有人类居住的最高点
So right now we're about to get to the highest human habitations
5000米
at 5,000 metres.
这里是丹·马丁所处的海拔高度
We're at Dan Martin's altitude,
8848米 珠穆朗玛峰顶峰
8,848 metres, the summit of Everest, there.
快看你的头部发生了什么变化 天啊
Have a look what's happened to your head. Oh, my goodness!
还有你的肺部 它们在变大
And your lungs, they're getting bigger.
现在高度已经超过了飞机的飞行高度
And now we're up into well above where a plane would be.
那是你的肺 太糟了
Oh, that was your lungs, that's very bad!
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表