剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
Joseph, you're going to help me, you're going to need these.
好的 凯蒂 我不知道
All right, Katie, I've no idea
我们要在这里做什么 请说明一下
what we're going to do here, but tell me.
好的 我们要把这盒子当做早期地球
OK, we're going to pretend this box is the early Earth,
这些是在早期地球表面的古老岩石
and this is examples of ancient rock sitting on the early Earth.
我们要假装这些东西 这些
We're going to pretend that these guys - here we go,
假装这些是小行星
we have some pretend asteroids.
它们看上去像铁陨石
They look like iron meteorites to me.
我们要将它们投掷到"地表"
And we're going to hurl them at the Earth's surface.
那是个陨石
So, that's a meteorite.
戴好护目镜
Goggles on,
这听上去有点危险
this sounds sort of dangerous.
我们要试着把这些投进盒子里
We're going to try throwing some into the box
目标是溅出一些土来
and the objective is to kick some soil out
试着溅到月球上
and have it try and hit the moon.
地球表面 月球
Surface of the Earth, moon,
你们要让一些岩石落到月球上
you've got to get some rocks onto the moon
-来说服我去那里的必要性 开始吧 -好
- to convince me we need to go there. Go for it. - OK.
艾利克斯 你这次需要戴护目镜
Oh, Alex, you're going to need some goggles for this one,
因为把东西往那里扔很危险
cos this is overwhelmingly dangerous, throwing stuff into that.
好的 开始 约瑟夫 尽量投准
OK, here we go. Joseph, give it your best shot.
我们的投掷没有什么效果
OK. We're not doing a grand job.
投掷的速度大概是
We're sort of throwing at speeds of, you know,
每秒钟几米
a couple of metres a second.
我们需要加快点速度
We need to ramp it up a little bit.
我还说他需要护目镜的
I told him he needed goggles,
现在看上去有点笨 是不是
I look a bit stupid now, don't I?
为什么不成功呢
Why isn't this working?
为什么你们不能让岩石从地球蹦到月球上呢
Why can't you get the rocks off the Earth onto the moon here?
当小行星和彗星撞击地球时
So, when asteroids and comets hit the Earth,
它们以超高速飞行 冲击极大
they're travelling at hyper velocity impact,
所以我们需要将物体加速到大约
so we need to get the material up about
以每秒11千米的速度脱落
11 kilometres a second being spooled off.
我有台特殊制♥造♥的超高速撞击模拟器
I think I have a hypervelocity impact simulator, specially built.
这就是我们的超高速撞击模拟器
This is our hypervelocity impact simulator.
高科技制♥造♥ 约瑟夫
It's very hi-tech and, Joseph,
你来帮我发射吧
you're going to help me fire it off.
艾利克斯 准备好了吗 好
OK, Alex, you ready for this? OK.
小行星或彗星
Our asteroid or comet is
离地球越来越近
travelling closer and closer to the Earth,
准备工作快完成了
it's nearly getting ready to go.
就要达到所需速度
We're getting to the right sort of speeds.
来倒数吧 3 2 1 发射
Let's count in. Three, two, one. Go!
约瑟夫 到这边来
Joseph, come round here.
艾利克斯 抱歉 你得换身衣服了
Sorry about that, Alex. You need a new set of clothes.
一瞬间月球上遍布岩石
So, there's rock all over the moon all of a sudden.
这正是我们想看到的
And that's, I guess, what we're looking for.
约瑟夫 非常感谢你的帮助
Joseph, thank you very much for helping us.
女士们 先生们 这是约瑟夫 谢谢你
Ladies and gentlemen, Joseph. Thank you.
凯蒂 你今天带来了一些月球物质
Now, Katie, you have brought some of the moon with you tonight.
给我看一看
Show me some. Show me that.
我带来了一些阿波罗任务期间
I have some small chips of Apollo samples
由宇航员带回的月球薄片样本
that were brought back by the astronauts,
我们可以在显微镜中看到
so we actually have a beautiful thin section
这些美丽的月球碎石薄片
of lunar rock under the microscope that you can see here.
如果我们打光在这块神奇的薄片上
So, this amazing sample, it looks like a stained-glass window
它看上去就像彩色玻璃窗一样
when we shine light through it.
而这其实是熔岩流形成的
And this is actually a lava flow.
我们把图投射在屏幕上
We've got it on the screen.
你们可以看见绚丽的色彩
You can guys can see some spectacular colours.
不同的颜色代表不同的矿物质
All these different colours represent different minerals
形成于32亿年前某座火山爆发出的
and these formed in a lava flow that erupted from a volcano
熔岩流中 太美了
about 3.2 billion years ago. Just amazing.
在大概50年前 执行阿波罗计划的宇航员
And this is a piece of rock brought back by the Apollo astronauts
-带回了这块岩石 -是的
- nearly 50 years ago now. - Yeah.
这是你博士学位研究内容的一部分 是吧
And you've studied it as part of your PhD, didn't you?
是的 我们研究这种岩石
Yeah, we study rocks like this
以了解月球曾进行过的火山活动
to understand the moon's volcanic past.
这块来自阿波罗12号♥任务
This one came from the Apollo 12 mission,
那是第二次载人登月任务
so the second mission that went to the moon.
对于这些美妙的陨石
But rocks like these may be really good traps for preserving
或是被送到月球表面的地球样本来说
some of these amazing archives of meteorites,
这些岩石是良好的保存地点
and maybe Earth samples that have been delivered to the lunar surface.
同时它们真的是赏心悦目
But they're incredibly beautiful to look at as well.
赏心悦目
Absolutely beautiful.
阿波罗计划过去这么久了 却还在向我们
It's amazing that so long after Project Apollo
传授着宝贵的知识 真是令人惊叹
they're still teaching us valuable lessons.
登月很适合行星地质学家啊
Sounds like a job for a planetary geologist like you on the moon.
你会登月吗
Would you go to the moon?
上次任务中 我们的确把一位地质学家
So, we did get one geologist on the moon
送上了月球 我也想做那样的地质学家
on the last mission and I would love to be a future geologist.
也许下次我会尝试申请 到时候再看吧
I might try applying again next time. We'll see what happens.
对 你曾申请过宇航员
Yeah, you applied to be an astronaut.
是的 会继续努力的
I did. We'll keep trying.
也许这在座的哪位
Maybe somebody else in this room
就有机会成为宇航员
can have that opportunity to do it.
凯蒂 很高兴见到你
Katie, fantastic to see you.
你让我相信 我们得继续把人送上月球
You have convinced me we've got to send people back to the moon.
-非常感谢 -这是凯蒂·乔伊
- Thank you very much. - Katie Joy.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们能够登月这件事 真是不可思议
It is incredible, really, that we were able to go to the moon.
登上月球时
Not just because we left behind on Earth,
我们不仅离开了地球
when we went to the moon,
离开了一切我们所认为理所当然的
everything we take for granted in terms
生命维持系统
of life support here on Earth,
更因为我们飞离了辐射的保护圈
but because we also left behind our protection from radiation,
飞离了地球磁场形成的保护层
the protection we get from the Earth's magnetic field.
提姆·匹克正身处国际空间站
Now, Tim Peake is on the space station,
小心翼翼地监控着他自己的辐射水平
very carefully monitoring his own levels of radiation
使用的是一台名为泰姆皮克斯的灵敏探测仪
using a clever detector called the Timepix detector.
为了向你们更详细地说明这台仪器
And to explain a little bit more to you about this,
我需要一名志愿者
I am going to need a volunteer.
好 我们多走几步
All right, let's go on a bit of a space mission.
就你吧
Let's have you.
谢谢你 姑娘
Thank you, miss.
-你叫什么名字 -塞莱斯特
- What's your name? - Celeste.
塞莱斯特 带上手套
Celeste, put some gloves on.
我们要给你看一些奇怪的东西
We've got some bizarre stuff to show you here.
塞莱斯特 你见过这些东西吗
Celeste, have you ever seen one of these things before?
你知道这是什么吗
Do you know what this is?
-不知道 -这是盖革计数器
- No. - This is a Geiger tube.
有人见过吗
Anyone ever seen one of these before?
好好 这用来检测...
Yeah, yeah, yeah. OK, and it measures...?
放射性强度 好 我们要打开仪器
Radiation. OK, so we're going to turn it on.
好了
There you go.
塞莱斯特 把这个对向观众席
Celeste, point that at the audience,
看看他们放射性有多强
see how radioactive they are.
盖格计数器能告诉我们物体的放射性强度
This is a Geiger tube, it tells us how radioactive things are.
放射性强度越高
The more radioactive they are,
仪器发"咔哒"声次数越多
the more clicks you get off of this.
放射线进入管内 仪器检测电离作用
It measures the ionisation as radiation comes in the front.
没有吗 他们不具放射性吗 那边的呢
No? No radioactive people? How about over there?
也没有 好吧 对着天空的方向
No? OK, let's point that up to the sky.
没有什么辐射
No real radiation.
那是因为我们被大气层
That's because we're under a blanket of atmosphere
及地球磁场保护着
and the Earth's magnetic field,
为了向你们展示真正的辐射
so to show you some radiation,
我们找了一件具有放射性的东西
we've had to find something radioactive.
在皇家科学院
And here at the Royal Institution,
这位是夏洛特 我们的馆长
Charlotte, our curator,
她带来了一件奇异的放射源
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表