剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
All of these people have to do two-three hours of exercise a day
他们每天都要锻炼两三个小时
just to maintain the standard of health that you do,
来维持肌肉和骨密度正常
to maintain their muscles and bones and,
某种程度上 也是保证心脏健康
to a degree, their heart as well.
否则 如果骨质疏松后返回到地球
Otherwise, they will just waste away and have real, real trouble
会面临很严峻的问题
when they come home.
提姆现在在空间站里
Tim is up on the space station right now,
他每天都去健身房♥
and he's going to go to the gym pretty much every day
练两到三个小时
for two-three hours,
也就是说 他觉得他能够
which means that he thinks he's going to be able to...
我听说他要在跑步机上
Well, I'm told he's going to run
跑完与伦敦马拉松一样的距离
the London Marathon on the treadmill.
他的大多数同事每天要跑大约42千米
Whereas most of his colleagues will run about 26 miles,
他在太空总共大概会跑30000千米
he'll run about 20,000 while he's up there.
由于其他系统也会受到影响
So there are other systems that are affected.
不只是骨骼
Now, not just your bones.
肌肉 心脏
Not just your muscles, not just your heart,
还包括我们感知自身方位的器官
but there is the apparatus that senses where we are.
现在我来解释一下
Now, let me explain that.
如今人们已经习惯了使用移♥动♥设备
We are used to having mobile devices these days
来确定自己的方位
that know where they are.
这上面装了一个很好玩的应用
This one has a quite lovely app on it.
可以感知方位
It knows wherever it is.
无论我怎么转动
So wherever I turn this app,
这个装置都能感应到它的方向
the device knows where it is.
这是因为它的内部安装了
And that's because it's got a really impressive
一个非常灵敏的感知设备
bit of sensory equipment in it.
它叫做加速计
It's called an accelerometer.
可以检测到加速度
It detects acceleration
所以这个装置可以感知空间位置
and that's how the device knows where it is in space.
这让人非常印象深刻
Now, this is impressive,
不过我们也拥有加速检测系统
but you have your own system of accelerometry,
而且更加灵敏
and it's much more sensitive.
这个加速度检测系统位于内耳
And that system of detecting acceleration is in the inner ear.
这里是外耳
Now, that's the outer ear.
接着是中耳
There's the middle ear down here,
主要负责听觉和放大声音
that does most of your hearing or amplification.
然后在这里...
And then here...
有一个半圆形管道
..You have the semi-circular canals
里面有一个小腔
in which you have cells that do
作用与那个装置刚好一样
exactly what that switch does...
在移♥动♥时感知加速度
sensing acceleration as you shift around.
这个半圆形管道
So if these semi-circular canals,
被定向在竖直位置时
that are orientated at right angles,
能在你转动身体时感知你的旋转加速度
sense your rotational acceleration as you spin around,
它们正下方有一处小凸起
there is a small swelling just below them
其中包含了另外两个加速计
that contains two other accelerometers
它们检测线性平面的加速度
and they detect acceleration on the linear plane.
比如水平方向的前后移♥动♥
So forwards and backwards in the horizontal plane,
以及上下运动
and up and down.
那么 你身处太空时会出现的问题是
Now, the problem with all of that when you go to space
你的内耳也就是你的加速度检测系统
is that your inner ear, your system of detecting acceleration,
似乎需要重力
seems to need gravity as
作为自我矫正的参照系
some sort of reference to calibrate itself.
在太空时 情况就完全不同了
When you are in space, that all changes.
如果在太空舱中漂浮
If you are floating in a module,
你的双脚不会受到任何压力
there's no pressure on your feet,
关节没有负载 什么都检测不到
there's no load on your joints for you to detect.
你的内耳会说"我不知道发生了什么"
Your inner ear says, "I have no idea what is going on here."
你没有承受任何负荷
There is no load going on.
你的眼睛叫你冷静下来
And your eyes say to calm down,
你正在宇宙飞船里 一切正常
you're in a spaceship, it's fine.
其实 这没什么
And somehow, that's OK,
但还是有点奇怪
but it's still a bit funny.
你在上面会感觉有些摇晃
You feel a bit wobbly up there.
第一次进入太空的宇航员会感到恶心
Astronauts who go to space for the first time
或在最初的48至72小时有呕吐现象
feel sick or are sick for the first 48-72 hours.
丹 你第一次去太空时
Dan, the first time you went space,
最初的48小时感觉如何
what were you like for the first 48 hours?
我感觉不太好
I didn't feel very good.
好像整个胃都提到嗓子眼了
It felt like my whole stomach was in my throat
感觉很不舒服
and it was a very unpleasant feeling.
不过我得说
But, boy, I tell you...
第三天醒来时 我就完全没问题了
I woke up on the third day and I felt 100%.
很神奇 不过最初几天里
It's amazing. But for the first couple of days,
我真的感觉非常不好
I just didn't feel very good at all.
你在太空里吐了吗
Were you sick in space?
我总是随身带一个呕吐袋
I always had an air sick bag with me,
-不过从来没用到它 -好吧
- but I never had to use it. - OK.
好吧 我相信你 现在...
Well, I believe you. Now...
为了给大家展示 当眼睛能看到
To show you just how disorientating it is
耳朵却感觉不到时
if your eyes tell you something
你会如何失去方向感
that your ear is not feeling,
我需要请一位志愿者
I'm going to need a volunteer
要非常擅长玩旋转木马的
who is very good on fairground rides.
请你来吧 谢谢
Let's have you. Thank you.
过来站在这
Come and stand here.
你叫什么名字
What's your name?
-布林 -布林
- Bryn. - Bryn.
布林 现在来跟我做一些宇航员训练
Bryn, come and have some astronaut training with me now.
这是一把用于宇航员训练的椅子
This is a chair that's used in astronaut training,
对吧 丹
Dan, right?
我们曾用这把椅子...
This is a chair that we've...
-俄♥罗♥斯♥人用它 -是的
- The Russians use it. - Yeah.
他们让你坐过这种椅子吗
Did they put you on one?
-没有 我从没坐过 -好的
- No, I never got to ride one. - OK.
不要打破这个惊喜 那么布林
Well, let's not spoil the surprise. So, Bryn, this...
如果你想成为一名宇航员
If you want to be an astronaut...
-你想成为宇航员吗 -是的
- Do you want to be an astronaut? - Yeah.
真的吗 好吧
Yeah? OK, all right.
如果你真想的话 语气应该更肯定
You sound less sure about that than you really should be.
接下来请你闭上眼睛
So I'm going to ask you to close your eyes
把左耳贴在左肩上
and put your left ear on your left shoulder.
非常好 好的
That's brilliant. OK.
在我说"三 二 一 起立"之前
Don't do anything
不要做任何动作
until I say, "Three, two, one, up."
让我们看看会怎样
And then we'll see how we go.
我们可能需要一些保护措施
And I'm going to need some blockers here.
好的 我们开始吧 布林
OK, here we go, Bryn.
准备好了吗
Ready?
现在 我让布林的内耳以为
So right now, I am telling Bryn's inner ear
他的头正在飞机上旋转
that his head is rotating on a plane
其实并不是真的在旋转
that's not really rotating,
因为他的耳朵贴在一边
because his ear is over to the side.
所以它搞不清状况
So it's not sure what is going on.
他只能从所在的座位上感知到一些信息
He's getting a bit of information from being on that seat,
但很有限 同时他的双脚离地
but not much, and his feet are off the ground.
双眼紧闭
His eyes are closed,
所以他无法靠它们获取信息
so he can't use that as a source of information
于是此时此刻 他的身体在说
and so, at the moment, his body is saying,
"你当的什么志愿者啊"
"What have you volunteered for?"
接下来 我要让他停止
And in a second, I'm going to stop him.
三 二 一 起立
Three, two, one, up!
-你还好吗 -是的
- Are you all right? - Yeah.
你自己都不确定 是不是
You're not sure about that either, are you?
布林 现在请你描述一下你的感觉
Now, Bryn, just describe for me what that was like.
不光觉得头晕 是吧
That wasn't just dizziness, was it?
我觉得... 好像...
Erm... That was...
你有什么感觉
And what did you experience?
感觉像在翻跟头吗
Did you feel like you were tumbling?
感觉像被卷进飓风之类的
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表