剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
喝尿 绝对不行 懂了吗
ever, ever, to drink urine, OK?
人类拥有肾脏是有原因的
There's a reason you have kidneys
因为尿液里含有一些物质
and that's because the stuff in your urine,
肾脏会将它们过滤出来
the stuff that your kidneys take out
钾 钠 尿素 肌酸酐 磷酸盐
the potassium, the sodium, the urea, the creatinine, the phosphates
尿液中这百分之五是非常有害的物质
...that 5% of the urine is really, really bad stuff,
所以要将它们排出体外
which is why you put it on the outside of you.
明白吗 所以如果有人说
OK? So, when someone says,
"你想喝我的尿吗"
"Do you want to drink my urine?"
一定要拒绝
you say no!
但只有一种喝尿的方式可以接受
There is only one acceptable way to drink urine
那就是...
and that is...
要经过一些特殊处理
if you have some special treatment.
这就是一个特制的袋子 可以循环尿液
And so this is a special bag that recycles urine, OK?
它的工作原理是
And what it does,
在一个袋子里面套着另一个袋子
it's a bag within a bag
我想我需要再来一只玻璃杯
and I think I'm going to need another glass here.
这是一个袋中袋
But there's a bag within a bag
里面的袋子实际上是一层半透膜
and the bag inside is actually a semi-permeable membrane.
从红色开口处排入尿液
You pee into this red port here,
尿液进入袋中
the urine goes into the bag,
里面的袋子能够让液体透过去
and the bag inside will allow water to go through,
但有害物质不能通过
but not all the nasty stuff.
为了促使液体通过
Now, to encourage the water across,
要从这个绿色开口注入糖浆
this green port you put a syrup in
糖浆的渗透压很高
and the syrup has a very high osmotic pressure,
它有大量分子可以将水吸收过来
lots of molecules that draw the water across
最终得到洁净的水
and you get clean water
而有害物质都被过滤出去
with all the nasty stuff left outside.
这个袋子非常有用 你可以看到
This, very helpfully, if you can see that there,
这个开口处写着"污水入口"
has a port that says, "Dirty water in."
注意
污水口
"运动糖浆入口 饮用水出口"
"Sports syrup in. Clean drink out."
所以不要在红色开口处喝水
So, do not drink out of the red port.
这是我提前做好的一袋
This is one I made earlier,
因为渗透需要一定时间
cos osmosis takes a while.
我们把它倒在这只杯子里
And, uh...We're going to pour it in here now.
是这样 因为里面放了一些糖浆
Here's the thing, because you've got some syrup in there,
尽管是处理过的 看起来还是有点像尿
it kind of looks like pee even after it's been reprocessed.
而且... 说实在的...
And... to be honest...
你们想闻一下吗
Do you want to have a smell of that?
-是什么味道 -闻起来...
- It smells like...? - Smells...
很像尿的味道
quite a lot like urine.
是的 闻起来很像尿 你想闻一下吗
Yeah. It smells a lot like pee. Do you want to smell?
好吧 它看起来有点像尿
So, it looks a bit like pee
而且闻起来也像
and still smells like pee.
但喝起来是很安全的
But this is perfectly safe to drink
因为它经过了渗透处理 那么...
because osmosis has treated it and...
说实话 它真的还有点...
To be honest, it really does still...
...像尿的味道 好啦
...Taste like pee. All right.
现在 提姆有一种更好的尿液循环方法
Now, Tim has a much better way of recycling his pee.
他确实在空间站上进行尿液循环
He does recycle it up there.
提姆·匹克和他的同事有一套很酷的装置
Tim Peake and his crew have a really quite cool mechanism
不但可以循环尿液
which not only recycles their urine,
还可以循环汗液
but also their sweat
以及他们口中呼出的水蒸气
and the vapour they breathe out of their mouths.
他们循环利用了近98%的体液
And they're recycling up to 98% of their body water.
好可怕啊 那些东西
That's really horrible, that stuff,
真是太恐怖了
it's just so horrible.
这就是如何循环尿液
That is how you recycle urine.
如果有一种方法让你既可以循环水源
But what if you had a way of recycling water,
也可以循环空气
that was also a way of recycling your atmosphere,
同时作为食物来源呢
that was also a source of food?
这个架子上就有一些
And I have one of those right here on the shelf.
那就是植物
It's called a plant.
这就是你想做的
That's what you'd like to do,
你会想带一些植物到太空去
you'd like to take a bunch of plants with you into space.
可事实证明这十分困难
But that turns out to be really hard,
因为在宇宙飞船中没有自然光
cos you're in a spaceship and there's no natural light
也没有土壤 因为它会带来感染的风险
and there's no soil, cos there's an infection risk from the soil.
那么如何在太空中种植植物呢
So, how do you grow plants in space?
我不知道 不过我认识一个人说他会
I don't know, but I know a man who says he can.
我们欢迎来自皇家园艺学会的阿利斯泰尔
Let's welcome Alistair from the Royal Horticultural Society.
阿利斯泰尔 我先把这个放下
Alistair, I'm just going to put this down.
这是什么
Now, what's this?
这是一个可以供给食物的闭环系统
This is a closed-loop system that will feed us, basically.
它可以产出一些食物
It produces the food for you to eat.
这就是自给自足的太空食品 对吗
This is grow-your-own space food? Is that right?
好的 那你能用它来种植出
Yeah. And you can do something with that
我想吃的东西吗
to make something I would want to eat?
是的 虽然它小了点 但还是可以的
Yeah, yeah. It'd be a bit smaller, but yeah.
我不信 可既然你说可以
I'm not convinced, but you tell me that I will be,
为了看个明白 我要请一位志愿者
so to show me, I'm going to need a volunteer.
好的 我们就请...
All right. Let's have...
你来 很好
you. OK, good, all right.
-你叫什么名字 -芬德利
- What's your name? - Findlay.
芬德利 你去那边和克里斯蒂安一起
Findlay, you're going to go over here to Christian,
他会协助你
who's going to help you over there.
很显然 你要把一些东西混合在一起
Apparently, you're going to put something together
都是可以太空中种植的东西
that we can grow in space, apparently.
好的 来说服我吧 我还是不信
All right. Convince me of this, cos I'm just not buying it.
目前我们有了这个系统
So what we got, this is a system
可以用它在太空中种植植物
that you can grow in space,
这怎么可能呢
how is that possible?
太空中没有阳光的
We've got no sunlight in space.
这里的光 有红光 有蓝♥光♥
So, the lights here, you've got red and blue light.
而植物靠红光和蓝♥光♥进行光合作用
Now, plants photosynthesise at the red and blue lights,
它可以优化叶绿色A和B的含量与效率
so it optimises the amount of chlorophyll A and B in relation to efficiency.
还有一些绿光
You also have some green lights in there.
这是一套供水系统
You've got a water system here
是封闭的供水系统
which is a closed water system,
因为太空中几乎是零重力
because there's near zero gravity.
到时水会从里面飘出来
Water would be floating out of this at the moment,
所以这些系统都是全封闭的
which is why they're completely closed in those systems.
那么这就是太空中的种植系统
And so this is a system that could be grown in space
我想宇航员们已经尝试这么做了
and I think the guys have tried to do that.
我们在大屏幕上可以看到一些相关视频
I think we've got some video of that up here on the screen.
这是一些奇怪的太空植物
So, this is some weird space plants.
它们是什么颜色
What colour are those plants?
是的 这就是蔬菜生产系统种出的植株
Yeah, so this is the Veggie plant,
是紫色的
they're the purple plants.
为什么是紫色的
Why are they purple?
这与它们产生的花青素有关
That's in relation to the anthocyanins that they have in there,
那是植物内部的一种化学物质
so it's the chemistry within those.
那种物质能够让叶子
Those are the things that
在秋天变成不同颜色
make leaves turn a different colour in autumn.
-是这样啊 -好的
- That's right. Yeah. - OK.
你可以看到它是一个可折叠的系统
And you can see it's a collapsible system,
叫做蔬菜种植系统 主要种植叶子菜
so this is called a Veggie system and all the leaves sort of come up.
我们每天有多少蔬菜呢
And what plants have we got here? What've we got?
我听说有五种 这太好笑了
I've heard of five a day, but this is ridiculous.
这是什么
What's this?
我们在这里种植大米
OK. So we've got rice here.
在这种小麦
We've got wheat here.
这是罗勒
We've got basil.
这是大豆
We've got soya here.
这是土豆
We've got tomato here.
有很多种农作物
So, there's a number of crops here
是我们可能想带入太空的
that we would probably want to take up to space.
真的吗 我明白怎样在太空中种植了
Really? I could see how you could grow this all in space,
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表