剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
the ground's pushing on me.
跳起时 我就失重了
When I jump, I am weightless,
如果你想失重更长时间
and if you want to be weightless for longer,
你只需找到让你能下落更长时间的机器即可
you just have to find a machine that makes you fall for longer.
要这么做的话 你可以坐上电梯
Now, you could do that by getting in a lift
然后割断缆线
and cutting the cable
你就会失重 在你接触地面之前
and you'd be weightless and you'd float like an astronaut
会像宇航员一样漂浮
until you hit the floor.
当然 触地也就彻底毁了这旅程了
That would really spoil the ride, I think.
所以问题是
So the question is,
能否找到一种机器
can you find a machine
能让你下落时间更长
that makes you fall for longer
并且不接触地面呢
without the ground spoiling everything.
答案是可以的
And the answer is, you can.
我们来看一眼这个机器吧
And let's just have a quick look at that machine.
这是架普通的飞机
It's a humble plane,
但这架飞机要做一些奇怪的事
except that this plane's about to do something very strange.
它正在航行 加速
It's cruising along now, pulling up some speed
然后以进行大角度爬升
and it's about to push into a very steep climb.
机头将会向上 直到航线顶端
It's about to push its nose up and over the top
在掠过顶端时
and, as it gets over the top,
你会失重二十三秒
you become weightless for 23 seconds
它的轨迹则是条抛物线
and it prescribes the shape of a parabola.
这就是为什么它被称作抛物线飞行
That's why this is called a parabolic flight
零重力
现在你在里面漂浮
and now you're floating around inside
然后开始下落了
and now you're on your way down.
你在里面时这感觉会很不可思议
And this is pretty incredible when you're inside
马上飞机将达到俯冲的最低点
and it's about to come down to the bottom of its dive.
看 它正以四十五度角俯冲而下
There it is, it's screaming down at 45 degrees
再次拉升时 你的重量并没有回归正常
and, as it pulls out, you don't go back to your normal weight.
当飞机重新爬升时
You go to twice your weight for a brief second
有一瞬间你的重量变成了原来的两倍
as it pulls out that dive.
你的重量是通常情况下的两倍
You weigh twice as much as you do normally.
它上下移♥动♥大约一个半小时
It goes up and down and up and down for about an hour and a half.
这就叫做抛物线飞行
It's called a parabolic flight
然而振荡非常剧烈
but it's so violent with its oscillations
在其中训练过的宇航员
that astronauts who train in it
亲切地称之为"呕吐彗星"
more fondly call it the Vomit Comet.
我也试了一把 我们来看一看
And I had a go. Let's have a look at that.
那是我的朋友 桑迪普·迪隆
So there's my friend, Sundeep Dhillon,
一位勇敢无畏的登山家
who is an intrepid mountaineer,
正困难地与飞毯纠缠
who's terrible on a flying carpet.
你们能看见他吗 真可怕
Look, Can you see him there? Dreadful.
但他还是决定尝试一下
But he thought he'd give it a go.
看 他跌落下来了 真糟糕
Look, he's fallen off, it's terrible.
这就是零重力 至少也是零重力飞行
And that's zero G, or at least that's a zero G flight.
由于飞机在下落 你失重了
That's...you're weightless cos that plane's falling.
失重状态使事物变得非常奇怪
Now, weightlessness makes things...pretty strange
为了向你们展示有多奇怪
and to show you how strange,
我需要三位特别的志愿者
I'm going to need three special volunteers.
好的 你吧 请下来
Oh, OK, I think, you. Come on down.
继续 选你吧
Er, OK, go on, we'll have you.
我要走到最上面来
And I'm going to go right up to the top here
我想我会选择 你
and I think I am going to take...you.
来吧 来吧
There you go, there you go.
好啦 给我们的志愿者掌声
All right, round of applause for our volunteers.
好的 面对前方
OK, so... Just face the front.
-你叫 -詹姆斯 -詹姆斯
- Now, your name is? - James. - James.
-你叫 -亚历克斯 -亚历克斯
- And your name is? - Alex. - Alex.
-你叫 -罗塞拉 -罗塞拉
- And your name is? - Rosella. - Rosella.
好 詹姆斯 亚历克斯 罗塞拉
OK, James, Alex and Rosella.
亚历克斯 来举这个哑铃
So, Alex, let's start lifting that weight
过来站在这里 站在我旁边
and you come and stand here, next to me.
过来
Come over here.
来做做二头肌训练
So just keep doing some bicep curls.
好 这就对了
All right, here we go.
不停地重复动作 直到我让你停下来
So in and out and keep going until I tell you to stop.
很好
That's great.
好了 詹姆斯
OK, uh... Now, James,
你站到那边去
you stand over that side.
我们来打乒乓球
We'll play ping pong.
罗塞拉 你要做的
And, Rosella, what you're going to do
就是用这双筷子"吃"这杯茶 懂了吗
is eat this tea with the chopsticks, OK?
开始吧 好了
So there you go. All right.
现在 让我们来看看在"呕吐彗星"里
So. Um, now, let's see what happens
进行这些活动 会怎么样
if you do these things on the Vomit Comet.
来看看在失重状态下举哑铃
Um, so, let's see what it's like to lift weight
是什么样
in weightlessness.
要轻松得多
So it's much easier to...
刚刚失重那一瞬间
There's a bit of an awkward moment here
略显尴尬啊 重力要恢复啦
where I lose the weight and gravity's coming back.
天啊
Oh, dear.
这...
So, it's...
在失重环境下举哑铃要轻松得多
It is much easier to lift weight in weightlessness.
-你已经举不动了吗 -是的
- Are you getting tired yet? - Yes.
好吧 我放过你了
All right, I'll let you off.
由于哑铃已经没有任何重量
So, because the weight doesn't weigh anything any more,
但要移♥动♥它也并不是轻而易举的事
it doesn't become effortless to move it,
它有质量 所以有惯性
because it has some inertia because of its mass,
所以很难把它四处移♥动♥
so it's hard to move around,
但只要你不让它滑走
but as long as you don't lose it
它就不会掉在你身上 那样就好得多
and it doesn't fall on you, it's much better.
亚历克斯 谢谢参与 很高兴见到你
So, Alex, thank you so much for joining us. Good to see you.
詹姆斯和我要继续打乒乓球了
So, James and I are going to carry on with ping pong.
我的乒乓球技术挺烂
So, now, I'm rubbish at ping pong.
詹姆斯比我高明多了
James is much better than me,
但在失重状态下 打乒乓就难多了
but this gets much trickier when you take gravity away,
我们来看一看
so let's have a look at that.
好 比赛开始
OK, game on.
我带了相当多的乒乓球
Now, I had to have quite a lot of ping pong balls for this,
因为球老是从我这里滑走
because I kept losing them
因为在漂浮 所以球才老是滑走
and you keep losing them cos you're floating,
球也在漂浮
the balls are floating
它们的运动方式与在地球上不同
and they just don't do what they do on Earth.
我不 我不是完全确定
I don't... I'm not entirely sure...
我也不知道怎么回事
I have no idea. OK?
乒乓球的状态跟现在不一样
So the ball doesn't behave like this.
物理法则不变
The laws of physics are the same
但你所处状态中的物理现象改变了
but the physics of your situation have changed,
所以不管做什么都增加了难度
so everything is more difficult.
亚历克斯 我们快点打好吗 好吗
Alex, should we have a quick game? Yeah?
好了
All right, then.
干得漂亮 回座位吧 感谢你的参与
Well done. Take your seat. Thank you for doing that.
你的茶"吃"得怎么样了
Now, how are you getting on with eating that tea?
不是很顺利 我的错
Not very well. So it's my fault,
显而易见 用筷子来"吃"茶是不可能的
cos it is obviously impossible to eat tea with chopsticks.
除非你处于失重状态下
Unless...you're weightless.
我们要看一下吗
Shall we have a look at that?
我还是放过你吧 罗塞拉 我们来看一看
I'll let you off with that. Let's have a look, Rosella.
真的很棘手
So this was very tricky.
虽然看上去不像 但那就是茶
That is tea, despite what it looks like.
你得记得打开瓶塞
And you have to remember to open the bottle
如果你想吃茶的话
if you want to eat the tea.
我对自己甚是满意
I was very pleased with myself.
宫城先生 羡慕嫉妒恨吧
Mr Miyagi...eat your heart out.
此处该有掌声 我"吃"茶了
Deserves a round of applause - I ate some tea!
谢谢你们
Thank you!
想要知道更多在太空中工作与生活
So to find out more about the challenges of living
所遇到的挑战
and working in space,
我们来跟在太空中生活了132天的人谈谈吧
let's talk to someone who's lived there for 132 days.
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表