剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
are doing all right, I suppose.
人类队快搭完了 所以 水熊队需要
And Team Human, they're nearly there. So are Team Tardigrade.
加快速度
Basically, hurry up.
我们快
Oh, are we...?
快完成了吗
Are we nearly there?
干的漂亮 好的 谢谢各位
Well done. All right, well done, guys.
来 站到这
All right, come and stand here.
棒极了 来站这儿
Fantastic. And come and stand here.
让我们来看下成果如何
All right, let's see how you did.
接下来 通过屏幕能看到
In a minute, we're all going to look at the screens
修复前后的对比
and see before and after.
抬头来看屏幕
OK, so up on the screen,
辐射前 人类 辐射后
这是人类DNA修复前后的样子
this is the human tower before and after.
你们做得还不错
You haven't done bad, actually.
一排银色 然后绿色 再然后蓝色
A silver row, then a green row, then the blue row.
然后 等等
And then... Hold on.
辐射前 人类 辐射后
蓝 绿 黄 绿 天呐
Blue and green, yellow and green. Oh, dear.
接下来全错了
And then it goes completely wrong
你们修复得可不怎么样
and you really haven't done very well.
修复不合格 伙计们 心急吃不了热豆腐
That is not a good repair job, people. Too quick, I think.
再来看看水熊队修复前后的对比
OK, let's have a look at Team Tardigrade, before and after.
辐射前 水熊 辐射后
两个银色 两个绿色 两个蓝色
Two silvers, two greens, two blues,
两个蓝色 两个绿色 两个黄色
two blues, two greens, two yellows.
从上到下一模一样
You're perfect all the way up to the top.
太棒了 水熊队赢了
That's amazing. Well done. Team Tardigrade win!
但是
But... But...
你们得到帮助了 对吧
You did have a bit of help, didn't you?
不仅是约翰帮你们了
And not just from John,
我要很遗憾地告诉人类队 水熊队的模型
because Team Tardigrade, I'm sorry to tell you, Team Human,
有标识帮助他们重建DNA
had a little guide to how to put their tower together.
你知道吗 这就是诀窍
And you know what, that's the trick.
水熊就是这样的
That's how tardigrades do it.
它有一套强大的修复系统
Tardigrades have a superior repair mechanism,
当它们受到辐射后
so when they get hit by radiation,
它能比人类
they can repair their DNA better
更迅速有效地修复DNA
and much more effectively than humans.
所以水熊赢了 至少是处在辐射区时
So, tardigrades win, at least in a radiation field.
非常感谢各位
Ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much.
你们可以回到座位上了 谢谢
Go back to your seats, thank you.
如果你想漫游到宇宙深处的话
And radiation is a huge problem
辐射可是个大问题
if you want to carry on journeying deeper and deeper into space
尤其是去我最向往的地方
and particularly if you want to go to my favourite destination,
也就是火星
and that is the planet Mars.
目前为止 人类去过最远的地方
Now, as far as we've ever been from Earth
是40万千米外的月球
is the moon at 250,000 miles.
这个距离大约等同于一辆车
That's about the distance you can get a car to drive
从开始到报废行驶的路程
before the engine falls out the bottom.
但火星离我们更遥远
But Mars sits out there at huge distances.
它是距太阳第四近的行星
It is the fourth planet from the sun.
要到达火星 需要航行
To get there, you need to travel
数亿千米
for hundreds of millions of miles.
仅是从地球到火星就至少需要
The time for a mission to Mars is, at the very least,
一年半的时间 甚至是三年
a year and a half and maybe up to three years.
要在太空航行1000天 这很要命
So, you're talking about 1,000 days in space, which is crazy.
然后你开始想 要带什么行李呢
And then you start to think, "What am I going to pack?"
要演示为太空旅行打包是很难的
Well, packing for space is hard and to help me show you that,
我需要一个志愿者
I am going to need a volunteer.
让我看一下 你
OK, OK, all right. Let's have...you.
-你叫什么 -亚瑟达
- What is your name? - Ashta.
-亚瑟 -亚瑟达
- Asher? - Ashta.
这是你的行李箱
This is your suitcase.
我来给你打包周末火星游的行李 好吗
I've packed it for you for a weekend on Mars, all right?
这箱子挺不错的
And this is pretty good.
你觉得周末出游要带什么
So, what do you think you need for a weekend away?
-带些衣服 -宇航服
- Some clothes? - Spacesuit.
对 宇航服要有
Yeah, a spacesuit would be good.
我们从宇航服开始 你到这来
We'll start with a spacesuit. So, come round here.
站这 很好
Just stand here. Perfect.
宇航服 宇航服
Spacesuits? Well, spacesuits...
宇航便服也差不多
Space clothes is close enough.
来几件这个 好了我们有衣服了
So, let's have some of that. So, we've got some space clothes.
还有两条裤子
You're going to have two pairs of pants.
周末嘛 带两条裤子
It's a weekend, let's get two pairs of pants.
我想都在这堆里了
OK, I think they're in there.
好了 你已经有衣服了 还要什么
So, you've got...clothes. What else do you need?
你还需要带点吃的 对吧
You probably need to take some food, don't you?
对 这也有吃的
Yeah. So, here's some food for you.
让我找找看
Let's find the food in here.
吃的在这
Ah, yeah, here's your food.
我们给你准备了太空食品 这是焗肉肠
We've got some space food for you. This is sausage casserole.
你喜欢吃焗肉肠吗
Are you a fan of sausage casserole?
还有一点面粉
Bit of flour. Um, er...and...
这是什么
What's that one there?
太妃布丁 喜欢这个吗
A bit of toffee pudding. You up for that?
好了 看看还有什么
OK, all right. And what else have we got?
你还要带着水
You've got to take your water with you.
如果你是成年人
If you were an adult astronaut,
每天大约要喝三升水
you'd need to take about three litres a day.
所以我需要拿出来三升水
So, we'll get three litres of water out.
两天就是六升水
Six litres for the whole day.
不仅是水 你还需要氧气
And it's not just your water. You've got to take your oxygen.
这是为你准备的生命维持系统
So, here's some life support for you.
先把它放这
Let's just get that there.
不仅是氧气
And it's not just your oxygen -
你还需要毛巾擦干自己
you need a towel to dry yourself off.
这条毛巾还是很不错的
This is a very nice towel, actually.
上面的字对太空中的人很管用
It's got a good message for people in space.
不要慌
你还需要其他的吗
And what else would you want?
几本书 毛绒玩具 洗漱包
Some reading material... cuddly toys...and a wash kit.
这就是周末太空游需要带的 对吗
And that is for two days in space. OK?
如果要待1000天就把这些乘以500
So, multiply that by 500 for 1,000 days in space and
再乘以六名船员 我们有麻烦了 对吗
multiple that by a crew of six and we're in trouble, aren't we?
不要慌
我们建不了那么大的宇宙飞船
We're never building a spaceship big enough.
你要把这些都扔了
You're dropping it all,
这可是我认真给你准备的
and I've packed that very carefully for you.
我们不可能很轻松就上太空对吗 是不能
We're not ever getting into space light, are we? No.
所以我们需要个新对策 谢谢你亚瑟达
We're going to have to think again. Thank you very much, Ashta.
这不可行 对吗
It's not going to work, is it?
我们不可能打包成刚才那样去火星
We can't pack like that for Mars
否则宇宙飞船会变得太大
because the spaceship would be so big,
以至于无法飞离地球
we'd never get it off the ground,
更不用说把它送去遥远的太空了
let alone get it hundreds of millions of miles into space.
那你要怎么做呢
So, how are you going to do it?
答案就是你必须
And the answer is you're going to have to get
更好地重复利用一切资源
better at reusing everything.
我真的是指一切
And I really, really, really mean everything.
接下来我需要
Now, for this next one I am going to need...
一位志愿者
...a volunteer.
这是一杯我的上等...
So, now, this is a glass of my finest...
尿液
urine.
我要请一位志愿者
I need a volunteer
把它喝了
to drink this urine.
好啦 好啦 听着 如果有人说
OK, OK, listen, when someone says,
"我需要一位志愿者来喝尿"
"I need a volunteer to drink urine,"
你们可别参加 明白吗
you do not volunteer for that! OK?
这是今天最重要的一课
That's the most important lesson I'm going to give you today.
还有人在举手
There are hands still up!
真的吗 这可不是被社会接受的事
Really? It is not socially acceptable,
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表