剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
我是一名医生
I'm a doctor,
会在一些相当极端的环境下工作
and I work in some pretty extreme environments.
但同时我也为美国宇航局工作
But I also work with NASA
努力让宇航员
trying to keep astronauts healthy
在最极端的环境下保持健康
in the most extreme environment of all.
如果我们想要探索宇宙
If we want to explore the cosmos
就需要学习如何在太空中生存
then we're going to have to learn how to survive in space.
英国皇家科学院
2015年英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座
如何在太空中生存
谢谢 抱歉我迟到了
Thank you. Sorry I'm late.
为了避开交通拥堵
I had to hitch a ride with some friends
我搭了朋友的车
to beat the traffic.
欢迎来到2015年圣诞科学讲座
Welcome to the 2015 Christmas Lectures.
今年的主题是
This year's theme
如何让提姆·匹克这样的宇航员在太空中生存
is how to keep astronauts like Tim Peake alive in space.
我们从头开始
So let's start at the very beginning.
如果你想要在太空中生存
If you're going to survive being in space,
首先你得活着到达太空
you've first got to survive getting to space,
这意味着要在类似这样的情形中活下来
which means surviving something that feels a bit like this.
刚刚那只是
Now, that was just...
一只充满氢气和氧气的气球
that was just a balloon filled with some hydrogen and oxygen,
在将人类和物品送入太空所需的能量中
and that's just a tiny fraction of the energy it takes
它们只占极小的一部分
to hurl people and objects into space.
那就是这项事业的真♥相♥
And that's the truth of this endeavour.
挑战我们全部能力的极限
It's at the limits of all our capability.
为实现它 我们采用了
It takes the edge of everything we have
科学 技术和工程学领域里最先进的
in science, technology and engineering
理论和知识
to make that happen.
我作医生时曾和美国宇航局合作
Now, when I was a doctor and I used to work with NASA
我觉得会有很多事情要独自完成
I thought there would be plenty for me to do on my own.
但事实上 你需要
But in fact, you need
一支成千上万人组成的队伍
an army of thousands if not tens of thousands of people
保证航♥天♥员完成他们的工作
to protect these crews as they go about their business.
其中最了不起的可能要属那些
And perhaps the most amazing thing of all is that there are people
准备坐着那样的大火球升空的人了
who are prepared to ride fireballs like that.
特别需要提到的就是提姆·匹克
One in particular, and his name is Tim Peake.
他是25年来的首位英国宇航员
The first British astronaut for 25 years.
距离第一位英国宇航员
It's been a quarter of a century
海伦·沙曼进入太空
since our first British astronaut,
已经过去了四分之一个世纪
Helen Sharman, went into space,
现在提姆正在国际空间站上
and now we have Tim aboard the space station
他一直都超级忙
and he's been super-busy,
但是他抽时间
but he's taken the time
发给皇家科学院
to send us here at the Royal Institution
一段特别的视频
a very special message,
现在我们来看一看
and we'll have a look at that now.
凯文你好 大家好
Hi, Kevin, and hello to everybody in the audience
皇家科学院圣诞讲座的观众们好
at the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures.
我是提姆·匹克
I'm Tim Peake,
当你们看到这段视频的时候
and by the time you see this message,
我正在距地球表面400千米上空的
I'll be 400km above the Earth's surface
国际空间站上
on the International Space Station.
自1961年以来
We've learnt an awful lot
我们已经学到了很多关于人类太空飞行的知识
about human space flight since 1961,
但仍有许多未知需要去探索
but we still have a huge amount yet to learn.
所以今年皇家科学院讲座的题目
That's why I'm really excited and delighted that the topic
是关于如何在太空中生活和工作
of this year's Royal Institution Christmas Lectures
对此我感到非常激动和高兴
is all about living and working in space.
我还是换件衣服更好
So, um, I'd just better get changed, really,
换件更得体的衣服
into something a bit more appropriate.
上面就是我们的太空飞行指挥中心
Right up here, this is our Mission Control,
我们正在接收从空间站传回的实时信息
we're getting live information from the space station.
大家可以看到一些漂亮的照片
You can see some very beautiful pictures there.
谁去看了提姆·匹克升空
Who saw Tim Peake's launch?
我看了
I watched it.
只要时间允许 我都会去观看升空
I try to go to a launch whenever I can.
很遗憾 我没能赶去看提姆升空
Unfortunately, I couldn't get to Tim's launch
因为当时我正在准备讲座
because I was here preparing for these lectures,
所以我得找个人代替我去
so I had to send someone in my stead,
她可能是地球上唯一一个
and that was possibly the only person on the planet
看到航♥天♥器发射升空比我还激动的人了
who's more excited than me about launching things into space,
她就是行星科学家莫妮卡·葛莱蒂教授
and that is planetary scientist Professor Monica Grady.
凯文你好 在皇家科学院
Hi, Kevin, hi, people back
听讲座的观众们好
at the Royal Institution lecture theatre!
它过来了 就是它 快看啊
It's coming, and here it is, you can see it!
就是它 非常大
Here it is! It's huge!
这个火箭 叫联盟号♥运载火箭
It's the rocket, the Soyuz rocket
提姆·匹克即将乘坐
that Tim Peake's going to get into.
航♥天♥发射场 位于哈萨克斯坦
我们在拜科努尔
We're here in Baikonur,
一个非常有历史意义的地方
a really, really historic place.
尤里·加加林乘坐的火箭就是在这里发射升空
It's the place where Yuri Gagarin set off from,
他是第一个进入太空的人
the first man in space.
助推器刚刚经过
The boosters are just going past now.
我们可以看到燃料罐所在的位置
We've got the bit where all the fuel tanks are,
还有宇航员将要进入的小吊舱
and then the little pod capsule where the astronauts will be.
它走的速度比我想象的快得多
It travels a lot faster than I thought it was going to.
抱歉 我知道艾利克斯正在拍我
Sorry, I know Alex is filming me,
但我也想拍一张照片
but I'm going to take a picture as well
想记录下这一刻
because I want to record this.
凯文 非常遗憾你不能来这里
Kevin, I'm really, really sorry you can't be here.
真的
Honest.
谢谢你给我这个机会和大家一起分享
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to come and share
这个了不起 令人激动的时刻
this amazing, exciting atmosphere with you,
因为这是一个历史性的时刻
because it's a historic moment.
先说到这里了 一会见 再见
So I guess I'll sign off, and see you then! Bye!
葛莱蒂教授非常兴奋 不是吗
So, er, she's very excitable, that Professor Grady, isn't she?
不过她应该兴奋 这确实很让人兴奋
But she's got a right to be excited. It is exciting.
但也非常非常致命
But it's also very, very lethal.
为了解释原因
And to help explain why,
我需要至少两名志愿者上来
I'm going to need at least two volunteers here.
好的 我上来了 你来吧
OK. Let's go up here, let's have you,
还有你怎么样 这边的
and...how about you, here?
好了 下来站在这里
OK, come down and stand here.
好的 站在这里面向观众
OK, now stand here and face the crowd.
你叫什么名字
Now, what's your name?
-你是 -弗莱德
- You're...? - Fred.
-弗莱德 -好的
- Fred. - Yes.
-弗莱德和 -亚当
- Fred and...? - Adam.
弗莱德 亚当 很好 弗莱德 亚当
Fred and Adam. Brilliant. Fred and Adam,
我要把你们变成火箭发射器
I'm going to turn you into rocket launchers.
我知道你们不会立刻信我 不过是真的
And I know you don't immediately believe me, but I really am.
我们要站到火箭后面去
We're going to stand behind our rockets,
看上去有点像沙袋
which look suspiciously like sandbags.
弗莱德 你站在这个后面
Fred, if you stand behind this one,
亚当 你站在这里 好的
Adam, if you stand here. OK.
首先 准备好火箭发射器
So first of all, prepare your rocket launcher.
右手像这样放
Your right hand like this.
很好 好的 现在
Good. OK. Now,
我需要你做的是 当我说开始的时候
what I want you to do, when I say go,
把这个袋子朝着对面能抛多远抛多远
is to chuck this bag as far across there as you can.
当心不要砸到第一排的观众
Try not to hit the front row over there
或者摄像师 好吗
or the cameraman, all right?
准备好了吗 亚当
Ready, Adam?
我们要开始倒计时了 同学们
We're going to count you in. Everyone...
3 2 1 发射
Three, two, one,go!
好的
OK.
袋子挺重的是吧
It's a pretty heavy bag, isn't it?
弗莱德 看看你能不能抛得更远一点
Fred, let's see if you can get it a bit further.
其实你的袋子轻一点
Yours is a bit lighter, actually.
3 2 1 发射
Three, two, one, go!
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表