剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
It was like you're in a hurricane or something.
-像被卷入飓风中 -是的
- Like you're in a hurricane. - Yeah.
好吧
Yeah.
就我自己来说 我从没被卷进飓风里
I've never been in a hurricane, personally.
但别人告诉我是那种感觉
But it feels, I'm told...
因为我只让别人做实验
because I do this to other people,
但自己不做
but I don't do it myself
感觉像在翻跟头
like you're tumbling head over heels
或像是世界在以奇怪的角度旋转
or think the world is spinning around at a funny angle.
内耳中的液体平静下来后
And that's all that fluid calming down,
会传递给你一些非常非常错误的信息
but giving you a really, really, really incorrect set of inputs.
布林 你能回到自己的座位吗
So, Bryn, are you all right getting back to your chair?
-没问题 -你确定吗
- Yeah. - You sure?
好吧 我们会帮你回到位子上
All right. We will help you back to your chair.
你可能会需要这个
You might need this.
这是我们的老朋友
This is our very own...
丹·塔尼捐赠的
donated to us by Dan Tani...
太空呕吐袋
space sick bag.
它很棒 如果你在那吐了
It's great because, you know, you're sick in there
它可以把呕吐物都封起来
and you can seal it all up.
这还有条小毛巾 可以用来擦脸
And there's a little towel for you to wipe your face with.
这就是你来做志愿者的奖励
So that's what you get for doing that.
非常感谢 布林 谢谢你
Thank you so much, Bryn. Thank you.
以上就是在空间站里会出现的情况
So that's what happens to you on the space station.
我们来看一段来自空间站的录像
We are just going to see some video from the space station
看看提姆感觉如何
and see how Tim's finding all of that.
我第一次登上空间站时
When I first came on board,
整个人都有点迷糊
it was all a bit disorientating
感觉有些眩晕
and your body feels a little bit dizzy.
你可以想象一下
If you can imagine that your brain
大脑正在努力区分
is trying to work out the difference in
耳朵所感知的和眼睛所见的
what your ears are saying as opposed to your eyes.
你的前庭神经系统在零重力下有些错乱
Your vestibular system is all a bit messed up in zero gravity
我们必须依靠眼睛所见的信息
and we have to rely on the information from our eyes
试着去搞清我们所处的环境
to try and make sense of our orientation.
你最好不要过多地左右摇头
And so it is best not to move your head from side to side too much.
就像这样 或者上下运动
Like that. Or up and down.
而是应该移♥动♥整个身体
Instead, move your whole body.
不过 我的身体非常迅速地适应了太空
However, I've been amazed at how quickly the body
这让我很惊讶
has adapted to space already.
只过了两天
In just two days,
我在这个环境中已经感觉舒服多了
I'm feeling a lot more comfortable in this environment.
今天 我在开箱取货 改变方向的时候
Today, I was unpacking cargo, changing orientations
真的感觉舒适了很多
and really feeling a lot more comfortable.
这就是几天之后 提姆在太空中翻跟头
So this is Tim a couple of days in space, doing a somersault,
不过在太空中不是这么炫的
but this isn't how you show off in space.
这才是正确的炫耀方式
THIS is how you show off in space.
那是斯科特·凯利
So that's Scott Kelly,
他已经在空间站呆了几个月
who's been on board for months now.
他可以让自己自♥由♥旋转
And he can really throw himself around.
看起来非常精彩
So fantastic to see that.
尽管这样 国际空间站
Despite all of that, the International Space Station
仍然是一个相对安全的地方
is still a relatively safe place to be,
前提是你一直呆在里面
so long as you stay inside.
当你进行太空行走时 就会有问题了
The problems come when you want to go for a walk.
我认识一个人
I know someone
曾到空间站外进行太空行走
who has gone for a walk outside the space station,
他此刻正和我们一起 就坐在观众席中
and he is right here with us in the audience.
我想再次请丹·塔尼到前面来 有请丹
I'm going to ask Dan Tani to join me back here. Dan.
丹 我了解到如果进行太空行走
Now, Dan, I understand that when you go for a walk,
你需要穿特殊服装
you need to dress properly.
我要穿宇航服
I need a space suit.
因为你需要保护自己
because you've got to protect yourself
抵抗宇宙中的恶劣环境
from the environment of space, absolutely.
你的宇航服要花多少钱
Yeah, and how much is your space suit?
我不知道整套服装多少钱
I don't know how much the whole thing is altogether.
但是我知道我们戴的一只手套
I do know that one glove that we wear
差不多是一百万美金
is about a million bucks.
-一百万美金 -一只一百万 要戴两只
- $1 million?! - For each. And we wear two.
一副手套要两百万美金吗
$2 million for a pair of gloves?!
没错 为防万一我们会带上三副手套
Yeah, and we bring in three sets just in case.
备用手套以及备用手套的备用手套
So a backup set and a backup to the backup.
只是手套就要六百万美金吗
$6 million for the gloves?
也许整套衣服要花费三到五千万左右
Maybe $30 million, $50 million for the whole suit.
不是我来买♥♥单
I don't have to buy it!
丹 我觉得你被裁缝坑了
Dan, I think your tailor is taking you for a ride.
我想在皇家科学院可以做一件更好的宇航服
I think we here at the RI could build a better spacesuit,
为了给你展示一下
and to show you how,
我需要一位小助手
I think I'm going to need a volunteer.
谁想当下志愿者
Who would like to volunteer?
好吧 就你了
Ok. Let's have you.
面对观众
Face the front.
-你叫什么名字 -莫莉
- Now, what's your name? - Molly.
莫莉 丹花了五千万买♥♥了件衣服
Molly, Molly. OK, Molly, Dan bought a suit for $50 million.
太荒谬了
It's ridiculous.
丹 我们一定可以做到更好
Now, Dan, we can definitely do better.
莫莉 我们会给你一件皇家科学院宇航服
So, Molly, we're going to get you the Royal Institution spacesuit
绝对要比丹的五千万那件要好很多
that's going to be much better than Dan's 50 million suit.
丹 告诉我们都需要些什么
So, Dan, just tell me what we need here
-可以让莫莉安全进入太空 -我想想
- to get Molly ready for space. - Let's see.
最重要的是有能保持压力平衡的东西
The most important thing is something that holds pressure.
能保持压力的东西 一件压力服
Something that holds pressure. A pressure garment.
用这个
Yeah, yeah. There you go.
这个可以帮你抵抗压力 莫莉
This could hold some pressure for you, Molly. All right.
我们还需要什么 丹 还需要什么
What else do we need, Dan? What else do we need?
你还需要能够保护你
You need to protect yourself from the environment,
-抵挡高温的东西 -高温环境 好的
- the thermal environment. - Thermal environment, OK.
所以我们需要能够把热量反射出去的东西
So we need something that reflects the heat back into you.
还有 你的体温会上升
You know what? Your body gets hot.
所以你需要降低体温
You need to cool the body down.
需要一件降温服
So you need a cooling garment. OK.
好的 你需要一件降温服
All right. You need a cooling garment.
还需要什么
What else do you need?
那些很贵的手套和一个头盔
Those expensive gloves and a helmet.
那些很贵的手套和一个头盔
Those expensive gloves, and a helmet.
我先把手套放这里了 莫莉
I'm going to put those in there, Molly.
和一个头盔
Ok, and a helmet.
莫莉 我来给你把头盔带上
Molly, we're going to get this helmet on you.
我们要穿着宇航服八到十个小时
We're in that thing for, like, 8 or 10 hours...
我们还需要尿布
We wear a nappy.
我们需要一个尿布 好的
We need a nappy, a nappy. OK. All right.
我们把它和其他东西放一块
Ok, we'll just put that in the top with everything else.
还要一个便携式生命保障系统
And a portable life support system.
没错 你还需要氧气
You need oxygen, of course. Yeah.
太棒了 那是什么
So that's brilliant. And what on earth is that?
那是凯芙拉 对吗
That there's a bit of Kevlar, isn't it?
一种强度极大的合成纤维
没错 这个很重要
Well, that's very important,
-因为你需要 -防弹背心吗
- because you need... - A bulletproof vest?
你需要保护自己免受微陨石的伤害
You need to protect yourself from micro meteorites.
-好吧 把它也摞上 -好吧
- OK, well, let's stick it on. - There we go.
你感觉如何 莫莉
All right. How are you feeling, Molly?
感觉自己被包裹起来了
Very, very covered in everything.
觉得被包裹起来了
Very, very covered in everything!
真正的宇航服重约130千克
Well, the real space suit weighs about 300lbs.
-这个还算轻的 -没错 这个算轻的
- So this is quite a light one, actually. - That's a light one, yes.
莫莉 这是我们为你订做的宇航服
Molly, this is our space suit that we have made for you.
能做到丹所说的所有事
It does all the things that Dan said.
-你愿意穿着这个去太空吗 -不要
- Would you be happy to go into space in this? - No!
好吧 我不怪你
No, I don't blame you.
也许我们确实应该在宇航服上花钱
Maybe we should spend money on space suits.
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表