剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
很荣幸向大家介绍我的友人及同事
It's my great pleasure to introduce my friend and colleague -
曾两次进入太空的前宇航员 丹·塔尼
twice flown in space, former astronaut - Dan Tani.
-很高兴见到你 伙计 -很高兴见到你
- Great to see you, mate. - Good to see you.
很高兴见到你
Great to see you.
谢谢你们
Thank you.
丹 你很了解生命保障系统
Now, Dan, you know all about life support,
但我要向你介绍我的系统
but let me introduce you to some of mine.
请坐 我来给你介绍一下
Have a seat, I'm going to hook you up here.
好了 这就是我的生命保障设备
All right. This is my life support machine.
-我给你从这儿接上管子 -好的 接上
- I'm going to plug you in here. - Yeah, plug me there.
一会儿我们再来看看你怎么样
And we'll have a look at you in a minute
确保一切都好
and make sure you're all right.
你先在这儿坐一会儿
I'll leave you there.
这台机器是我工作时用的
Now, this machine is the machine I use at work.
一台生命维持机器[呼吸机]
This is a life support machine.
我是专业的麻醉师及重症监护医生
I am trained as an anaesthetist and an intensive care doctor
我们用这种机器来维持病人生命
and we need to use machines like these to keep people alive
它需要提供
and this thing has to provide
可供呼吸的空气
the elements of a breathable atmosphere,
首先 我们需要些许氧气
so, first of all, you need some oxygen.
这台机器只维持一个人的生命
Now, this machine does for one person
而国际空间站需要维持
what the International Space Station has to do
九名宇航员的生命
for a crew of nine.
它需要维持他们的生命 并监控他们
It has to keep them alive and monitor them,
但我的氧气可以装在这里面
but this is how I take my oxygen.
这个氧气瓶中有大约700升氧气
So there's about 700 litres of oxygen.
这里是控制氧气的阀门
If you open the valve there.
用这种方式
And that's not a very good way
将氧气带入国际空间站 不是很好 因为
to take oxygen up to the International Space Station, because...
氧气被装在强化钢制成的氧气瓶里
..it's in some reinforced steel, there.
气压很高
It's under high pressure.
瓶内气压比瓶外大概
There's about 200 times greater pressure
高了200倍
inside that bottle than there is outside,
所以存在爆♥炸♥危险
so there's an explosive risk here.
并且瓶子很重
So it's heavy
用这种方式储存氧气 不是很有效率
and it's not a very efficient way of storing oxygen,
我们怎么把氧气带入太空呢
so how do you take oxygen with you up into space?
我们要做的 是把氧原子
What you do is you take that oxygen
和它旁边的两个氢原子一起带走
and you park two hydrogen molecules near it
以这种方式带入太空
and you take it up like this.
我们就是这样安全地将氧气
This is how you take oxygen
带入国际空间站
safely up to the International Space Station
并储存起来的
and how you store it.
储存在水里
You store it as water.
现在又有问题了
Now, you're going to ask,
"那又要怎么从水中得到氧气呢"
"How, then, do you get the oxygen out of that water?"
答案就是 给予水一些分解的能量
And the answer is you have to give it some energy.
这些能量来自电能
And the energy that you give it comes from electricity.
空间站里也没多少电能
Now, there's not much electricity on Space Station either,
电能来自于太阳
so that electricity has to come from the sun,
至少也是把太阳能转化为电能
or at least by converting the solar energy into electrical energy
我们的实验小组...
so the demo team here...
因为讲座现场没有太阳光
There's no sun in this lecture theatre,
所以他们把这个放在屋顶一整天
so they put this on the roof all day,
给这块电池充了电
they charged this battery
电流进入此装置
and that's passing electricity into this arrangement here,
流入电极
which is an electrode
电流经过水中
which is passing current through the water,
将氢原子与氧原子分离开来
splitting hydrogen from the oxygen.
你们看到咕噜咕噜的泡泡
And the bubbles that you saw there just popping up and down
就是氢气及氧气的气泡
are bubbles of hydrogen and oxygen.
在空间站 他们将氢气排到舱外
On Space Station, they vent the hydrogen overboard,
留下氧气
they keep the oxygen
这就是将氧气带入太空最安全的方式
and that is the safest way for you to take oxygen into space.
不止如此
Now, that's not all.
不想带多余的水进入太空的话
You don't want to take more water up there than you need to,
那就试着尽量高效率地使用氧气
so, to try and make your use of oxygen as efficient as possible,
你得试着重新吸入部分已经呼出的空气
you need to try and re-breathe some of your own exhaled air.
丹 我需要你的帮助
Now, Dan, I'm going to need your help for this.
我要给你戴上一些
I'm going to try and put you literally on some...
这里的生命维持设备
a bit of life support here, yeah.
-非常好 -好的 好
- Very good. - OK, all right.
我会尽我所能配合
I'll take all that I can get.
我想请你戴着它慢慢喘几口气
I'm going to ask you to take some gentle breaths on that,
我来启动这个装置
if I can get that going.
这里能看到机器正在监测他的生命体征
So you can see this monitoring his vital signs here.
平稳呼吸 丹
And just breathe gently for me, Dan,
证明你还活着
to prove that you're alive.
那看上去不错
That would be nice
然后把这个调低一点
and I'll just dial down that a little bit.
好了 这台机器允许丹
All right. This machine is allowing Dan
再次吸入他呼出的空气
to re-breathe the air that he's breathing out.
当你吸气时
When you breathe in,
吸入的空气中有21%是氧气
there's 21% oxygen in the air that you breathe.
当你再次呼气时
When you breathe out again,
空气中还会有15%的氧气剩余
there's still 15% oxygen left
你可以再次利用它
and you could use that again...
那么问题来了 天呐
..Only here's the problem... Oh, dear.
问题来了
Here's the problem...
呼出的空气中会有二氧化碳
That air has got carbon dioxide in it
我们并不想吸入它
and you don't want to breathe that.
如果吸入足够多的二氧化碳
If you breathe enough carbon dioxide,
你会感觉难受
eventually, you will feel sick,
变得不清醒 最终昏昏欲睡
feel confused, eventually get drowsy,
失去意识 之后你就会死亡
become unconscious and later you die,
所以大家都不会想有这些体验
so you don't want to do any of that.
所以 你要尝试再次吸入你呼出的气体
So, what you do is you try and re-breathe your own gas.
现在 这个回路为丹所做的正是这件事
Now, this circuit here is doing exactly that for Dan.
他呼出的气体通过回路的这根支管
He's breathing out through this limb of the circuit.
他吸入的气体通过...
He's breathing in through...
别管它 丹 没事的
Just ignore that, Dan, it's all right.
吸入的气体通过回路的这根支管
Breathe in through that limb of the circuit
这就能让他再次吸入他呼出的空气
and it allows him to re-breathe his own air.
我只要加一点点氧气就够他用了
I can add just tiny bits of oxygen and keep him topped up.
但是我怎么除去二氧化碳呢
But how do I get rid of the carbon dioxide?
答案在这里
And the answer is right here.
下面这个空气净化器里有一些氢氧化钠
Down here in this canister is some sodium hydroxide.
这是种化学制剂 能与二氧化碳发生反应
So this is a chemical which, when it reacts with carbon dioxide,
吸收二氧化碳并将其从回路中去除
absorbs the carbon dioxide and removes it from the circuit.
现在 你们能看到丹的状况
Now, right now, you can see Dan's...
这个数字代表的是丹呼出的气体中
This number here is measuring how much carbon dioxide
流出回路的二氧化碳吸收量
有多少二氧化碳 现在显示是5.2
there is at the end of Dan's breath. It's 5.2.
现在数值正在升高 因为我拿出了
It's going up now, cos I've taken out the thing
那个能吸收二氧化碳的东西 丹
that absorbs your carbon dioxide, Dan.
它还在持续升高
And it's going to keep going up.
现在 丹可能开始感觉有点
Now, Dan might start to feel a little bit
喘不过气来
like he's short of breath,
因为让你感到喘不过气的
cos the thing that makes you feel short of breath
并不是因为缺少氧气
is not being short of oxygen,
他有足够的氧气
which he's got plenty of.
这是因为二氧化碳浓度过大
It's having too much carbon dioxide on board.
这正是空间站去除二氧化碳的方法
Now this is exactly how Space Station gets rid of carbon dioxide.
我马上就放回去 丹
I'll get to you in a minute, Dan.
空间站将人呼出的二氧化碳
Space Station takes the carbon dioxide you breathe,
通过一个净化器
puts it through a scrubber,
去除二氧化碳并送回氧气
removes the carbon dioxide and gives you back the oxygen
这样你就能再次呼吸了
so that you can breathe it again
只需稍加处理
with top-ups of only a little bit.
数值快到6了 丹 我有点担心了
You're nearly at six now, Dan. I'm getting a bit worried,
我要把净化器还给你了
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表