剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
you're not really enjoying being inside that spacesuit.
我想送你先下去
So I think I'm going to send you away
换上比较舒服点的衣服吧
to get into something a bit more comfortable!
这就是宇航员用来抵抗太空中恶劣环境的
This is the last layer of defence astronauts have
最后一层防护
against the hostility of the environment around them.
但是现在 亚历山德拉 我想
But for now, Alexandra, I think...
这宇航服有股怪味 它原本就这样吗
It is a bit smelly, that suit! Is that how it came?
希望你的宇航服不是这样的 海伦
All right, your suit doesn't smell like that I hope, Helen.
我不知道 我还没离近闻过
Well, I don't know, I haven't been that close!
它没味
No, it's ok!
亚历山德拉 非常感谢 海伦 谢谢你
Alexandra, thank you so much. Helen, Thank you.
太棒了
So that's incredible.
我们已经看过了宇航服
So we've seen our spacesuit
宇航员们仍在进行任务
and the crew are still on mission.
逐渐远离地球
They're still racing away from the Earth.
他们仍在大气层中
They're still in the atmosphere.
以数倍音速的速度飞行
They're travelling at many times the speed of sound.
大气层的密度
And the atmosphere is still thick enough
仍足以向飞船施加压力
to press on that vehicle,
这会产生各种剪力
to cause all sorts of shearing forces
试图撕碎飞船
trying to rip the vehicle apart.
有太多能量包围着火箭
And now there is so much energy around
所以威胁往往来自意想不到的地方
that threat comes from some unexpected sources.
不是热量 也不是光
It's not just heat, it's not just light,
而是振动和声响
it's vibration and it's sounds.
你们可能不觉得它们有破坏力
Now, you don't think of those things as being destructive forces
但是它们确实有
but they are.
为了展示给大家看 我需要一个帮手
And to show you, I need a volunteer,
最好是一个特别会唱歌♥的人
preferably someone who is really, really good at singing.
举手的人少了
That sorts people out!
-你很会唱歌♥吗 -还好
- Are you really good at singing? - All right.
那我们就试试吧 请你上台
OK, well, let's have a go! Let's take you down.
很好 太棒了
Brilliant, fantastic.
很好
Brilliant, OK.
-来站在这里 你叫什么名字 -叶法
- Come and stand here. And what's your name? - Effa.
叶法 我们将要尝试
Effa, we are going to try and use
用你的声音击碎这边的玻璃杯
your voice to break this glass here. All right?
我们这边有个麦克风
So over here we have a microphone, OK?
为了帮你找到音调
And to help you with that note,
这里有副播放着相同音调的耳机
we've got the same note playing in these earphones.
这就是我们需要的音调
So that should be about the right note
那个音调
so that that note corresponds
与这个玻璃杯的自然频率一致
with the natural frequency of this glass
因此它能够共振
so it goes into resonance.
我们要让玻璃杯分子的振动频率
So you want to get the molecules of the glass vibrating
与叶法声音中能量的频率一样
like the sound energy in the voice of Effa, here,
这样就能看到声音能有多大的破坏性
to show you just how destructive sound can be.
叶法 这真的很难做到
Now, Effa, this is really hard to do.
跟你说 我试过
I will tell you now, I had a go,
但是我唱歌♥很差 所以很期待你的表现
but I'm a rubbish singer, so I'm expecting greatness from you!
好了 准备好 开始
OK, so, ready, steady, go...
就差一点 叶法 但已经做得很好了
Oh, close! Effa, good try, good try!
叶法 有一个人能够做到
Effa, there is someone who can do this,
那就是了不起的露茜·哈肯 我的制片人
and that is the amazing Lucy Haken, who is my producer,
她跟我说她能做到 所以她也来了
who tells me she can, which is why we are here.
女士们先生们 欢迎露茜·哈肯
So ladies and gentlemen, Lucy Haken!
建议大家堵上耳朵
I would protect your ears,
不是因为露茜唱歌♥很难听
here, not cos Lucy is terrible at singing
而是因为这声音非常大
but because it's just very, very loud.
我们来试试吧
OK, let's have a go.
叶法 虽然她击碎了玻璃杯
Effa, she broke the glass,
但你唱得更好
but you're the much better singer!
谢谢你 掌声送给她
Thank you so much, cheers!
现在 他们仍在继续进行任务
And so, right now they are still moving on with their mission.
就快要到达
They're getting up to the point
助推器分离点的位置了
where booster sep is about to occur.
1分58秒后 助推器就会分离
At one minute 58 seconds, the boosters separate.
他们还要再完成一项步骤才能进入太空
And they still have to pull off one more trick to get into space.
为了解释这项步骤是什么
And to explain what trick that is,
我需要一名帮手
I'm going to need one volunteer.
这次我们上来这里选
All right, let's go up here this time.
你吧 坐在后面那位
How about you, right at the back there?
没错 请你上台
Yeah, yeah, let's bring you down.
我还需要一名帮手
And I need one more volunteer...
一个曾经以25倍音速飞行过的人
..someone who has travelled at 25 times the speed of sound.
那就剩下你了不是吗 麦克·巴勒特
Which probably means you, Mike, doesn't it? Mike Barratt.
-你叫什么名字 -约翰
- Now, what's your name? - John.
约翰 麦克
John, Mike,
我现在要把你们变成火箭发动机
I am going to turn you into rocket engines here.
这就是我们的火箭
This is our rocket.
这些袋子是你们的推进燃料
These bags are your propellant
艾萨克·牛顿告诉了我们
and you know, because Isaac Newton told us,
如果你把推进物往后扔
that if you throw your propellant out the back,
你们的火箭就会往那边去
your rocket will go in that direction.
如果你们能到达这条线
Now, if you get as far as this line,
你们就到达了空间站
you have got to the space station.
把袋子扔向那边
That's what we have got to do
就是为了做到这件事 明白了吗
by throwing those bags out that way, OK?
我现在要把你装上火箭 麦克
So I'm going to load you on board now and, Mike,
你就坐在尾部这里
if you would board at the bottom there,
你是火箭的顶端
so you're the top of the rocket
而麦克是尾部 好了
and Mike is at the bottom. All right.
注意不要在扔袋子的时候伤到宇航员
And try not to break the astronaut as you throw them!
不然就没法把他还给美国宇航局了
Because that's super-embarrassing when we return him to NASA.
-准备好了吗 -拜托你了 约翰
- All right? - You've got my back, John.
大家一齐喊 三 二 一
Everyone - three, two, one,
开始
go!
就差一点
Oh, so close!
这真是一场灾难 你们没有到达空间站
What a disaster! You didn't get to the space station.
你们飘在太空中了
You're floating in space.
我们再来试一次 但是这一次
So let's try that again but let's try that the way
我们用提姆的火箭和联盟号♥采用的方法
that Tim's rocket and the Soyuz dealt with it.
这一次 我们分阶段进行
This time, we're going to do a staging.
麦克将完成第一阶段
So Mike is going to be the first stage
而你将完成第二阶段
and you're going to be the second stage, OK?
当我说"三二一 第一阶段"的时候
So when I say, "Three, two, one, first stage,"
麦克将把他的燃料扔出去
Mike's going to chuck all his fuel out.
当我说"第二阶段 开始"的时候
When I say, "Second stage, go,"
你就把你的燃料扔出去
you chuck your fuel out, OK?
但是你要等到
But that won't be
与他分离完成后再开始
until you've separated from his stage. All right?
这样你就能减掉一些自重
So you are going to get rid of the dead weight
也就是在宇航员麦克·巴勒特
that is astronaut Mike Barratt...
等他扔完燃料就扔掉他
...after he's got rid of his fuel.
你明白了吗 三 二 一
OK, you got that? So, three, two, one,
第一阶段
first stage!
分离
And let's separate.
开始 第二阶段
Go, second stage!
击个掌
High five!
恭喜 你做到了
Congratulations. You made it!
那就是我们进入太空的方法
And that's how you get yourself into space.
燃料耗尽后就要进行分离
You get rid of that stage. Once it's got rid of its fuel,
分离掉底层的推进器
you get rid of the lower stage.
即使麦克仍在舱内 做得好
Even if Mike's aboard it! Well done.
做得好
Good job.
现在我们来听听提姆怎么说
And now over to Tim.
我真的很期待火箭分离阶段
I'm really looking forward to experiencing the stage separations.
从高重力过渡到低重力
You go from high-G to low-G,
有种跌跌撞撞的感觉
you get kind of a tumbling sensation.
整流罩被抛弃之后
And also when the fairing is jettisoned,
并离开了地球上大部分的大气层时
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表