剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
来自宇航员提姆·匹克
from astronaut Tim Peake,
他想祝冯博士
who wanted to wish Dr Fong
圣诞讲座好运
good luck with the Christmas Lectures,
而且他很高兴能在太空中成为讲座的一部分
and he's really excited to be part of it from space.
一条来自太空的推特
So, a tweet from space.
我想这是我的第一条
That is my first ever tweet
来自太空的推特
from the space station, I think.
谢谢你 提姆
Thank you, Tim!
真惊喜
Surprise!
我不知道哪个更惊讶 是看到提姆的推文
I don't know if I'm more shocked to get a tweet from Tim
还是知道宇航员可以在空间站刷推特
or to know that astronauts get onto Twitter from space stations.
但是这不重要
But never mind!
你真的做过这件事
You've done that for real,
曾乘坐过火箭升空
you've launched like that.
告诉我
Just tell me what it's like
火箭转向东飞行时 是什么感觉
as it tips over and starts heading out east.
坐着火箭升空
Well, launching on a rocket
是相当精彩的经历
is a great experience I hope all of you
希望有一天你们都能体验到 这很有可能
get to experience one day. It's very possible.
联盟号♥和航♥天♥飞机有很多不同
The Soyuz is very different from the Space Shuttle.
联盟号♥使用很稳定的液体助推器
The Soyuz uses these very well-behaved liquid boosters,
引擎点燃后 你坐着能感觉到振动
and after the engines light, you sit there, you vibrate,
感觉到摇晃 你能听见引擎在下方咆哮
you shake, you hear the roar of the engines below you,
但其实发射过程是非常轻柔的
but actually when you lift off it's very gentle.
事实上 我当时没感觉到已经离开地面了
In fact, I wasn't even aware that we had lifted off
直到发现手表已经从零开始计时
until I looked at my clock start to count up from zero
才发现我们已经离开地球
to tell me that we have left the Earth.
真的吗 你们要看着任务计时器
Is that true, that you had to watch the mission clock
才知道已经离开地球了
to know that liftoff had happened?
最开始的几秒确实是这样的
For those first few seconds, that's absolutely right.
但之后就开始感受到重力增加
But then you start to build G-forces.
你想一想
Because when you think about it,
你要在九分钟内
you have to go from 0 to 17,500 miles an hour
从零加速到每小时28000千米
in about nine minutes or so.
开始加速后不一会儿
So you have to start accelerating, and after a while
你就要承受超过三倍的重力加速度
you're going to get more than 3 Gs,
就是说加在你身上的这种力
which means the forces through your chest
让你的体重变成原来的三倍
make you weigh three times your body weight.
这都是发射过程中
That's all the acceleration
-加速的作用 -没错
- pushing through as you launch. - Absolutely.
-于是你的体重变成了原来的三倍 -是的
- And so you end up weighing three times as much. - That's right.
幸运的是我们都被固定在椅子上
Fortunately we're strapped into our seats
所以我没并没有太大感觉 但如果抬起手
so we don't have to feel that too much, but if you lift your arm,
它比你想的要重三倍多
it weighs three times more than you thought,
就会感觉非常奇怪
and it feels pretty weird.
对我来说这很特别
But for me it was very special
起飞两分半后
because about two-and-a-half minutes into flight,
航♥天♥器外层的保护性覆盖物脱落
the outer shroud over the spacecraft blows away,
阳光照进舱内
and sunlight streams into the capsule.
我虽然不能起身
And I couldn't lift myself,
但能抬起手 手腕上有个小镜子
but I lifted my arm, and I had a little wrist mirror,
那时我们已经处在100千米的高空了
and we were already 100km high
我看到我身后的云 越来越小
and I saw the clouds way below me, getting smaller,
那时就知道真的离开地球了
so that's when you really know you've left the planet.
这听起来真不可思议
That sounds absolutely incredible.
如果可以 请你留在这里 我们一会见
If it's all right, we'll keep you here, we'll see you later,
现在 宇航员麦克·巴勒特
but for now, astronaut Mike Barratt.
我们在重温这个任务时
So as we relive this mission,
船员们仍在奔离地球
the crew are still racing away from the Earth
他们离开了这里一切习以为常的
and they're leaving behind everything they take for granted
自然生命保障方式
in the way of natural life support here on this planet.
而那层保障其实非常得薄
And that is a perilously thin layer.
在这里 我们会看到一个很好的例子
And over here, we are going to look at a good illustration
来告诉我们它有多薄
of just how thin that layer is.
阿卢埃特是一名艺术家 你好阿卢埃特
Now, Alouette is an artist - hi, Alouette -
她来自皇家艺术学院
from the Royal College of Art.
为了让大家了解保护地球上所有生命的大气层
To give you an impression of just how thin the layer of atmosphere is
到底有多薄 看看这个
that supports all life on Earth, have a look at this.
这是个直径22厘米的足球
This is a football that's 22cm across?
是的 我也不清楚 就是正常足球大小
Yeah, well, I don't know, it's a normal football size.
我觉得就是常规尺寸 请你在
So I think that's regulation size, and I asked you to paint
这漂亮的世界地图上涂一层颜料
a layer of paint on top of this beautiful map of the world
来展示大气层应有的样子
you're finishing off here, to show the atmosphere as it would be.
这层颜料有多厚
So how thick is your paint there?
可能小于一毫米 非常薄
Well, probably less than a millimetre. It's very thin.
所以说如果地球就是这个足球
So if the Earth were a football
如果要画上大气层
and if you painted it and you painted on that atmosphere,
我们赖以生存的大气层
the atmosphere in which we live, on which we depend,
它的厚度可能还不足一毫米
would be less than a millimetre thick.
这不是生物圈 我们把它当作生物圈
It's not a biosphere. We think of it as a biosphere,
其实它更像是生物膜
but it is in fact a biofilm.
它附着在行星表面
It's smeared across the surface of the planet
就像阿卢埃特把颜料涂在
the way that Alouette has smeared this paint
这个足球表面一样
across the surface of this football.
这就是我们依赖的东西
That is what you depend upon.
阿卢埃特 非常感谢你 它很漂亮
Alouette, thank you so much, it's very beautiful.
我迫不及待想看它完成的样子
I can't wait to see it finished.
-谢谢你 -谢谢
- Thank you. - Thanks.
在进入太空的路上
And when you're on your way into space,
生活很快就变得很困难
life gets hard very, very quickly.
甚至在离开那薄薄的大气层之前就会变困难t
It gets hard even before you've left that really thin layer.
我之所以知道 是因为我认识一个人
I know, because I know someone
他曾经到达过大气层边缘
who's been right up to the edge of it.
我要向大家介绍一个人
Er, I am going to introduce you to the man who has survived
他曾靠全世界最低的
with the lowest level of oxygen in his bloodstream
血氧含量活下来
of any human being in the world.
我要向你们介绍我的同事兼好友
I'd like to introduce you to my good colleague and friend,
重症监护科医生 珠峰登山者
intensive care doctor, Everest summiteer,
丹·马丁医生
Dr Dan Martin.
丹是一位医生
Now, Dan is a doctor,
2007年 他登顶珠峰
but in 2007, he climbed to the summit of Everest
并做了一些疯狂的实验
and did some crazy experiments.
你今天的衣服和那天一样
You are dressed as you were when you did that.
这就是我2007年登珠峰穿的那身衣服
This is the suit I wore to the summit of Everest in 2007.
这套羽绒服让我们在珠峰上保持体温
A down suit to keep us warm up there on the summit.
这是你的供氧设备
And this is your oxygen as well.
对 氧气瓶放在登山背包里
Yeah, an oxygen bottle you'd put in your backpack
氧气罩用来呼吸
and an oxygen mask to breathe there,
峰顶的空气非常稀薄
cos the air is just so thin at the summit.
你在那做了一个非常疯狂的实验
And you did a crazy experiment up there.
你做了什么
What did you do?
当接近珠峰峰顶时
Well, we wanted to know how much oxygen there was in our blood
我们想知道我们的血氧含量
when we were close to the summit of Everest.
于是我们在峰顶附近取了彼此的血样
So we took blood samples from each other near to the summit,
并把它们发送给一位分♥析♥师
sent them to an analyser
请他检测我们血液中的含氧量到底有多低
and worked out just how little oxygen there was in our blood.
在医院 我们通过检测血氧含量
And in hospital we measure the amount of oxygen
来判断一个人的健康状况
in your bloodstream to see how well you are.
现在 对听讲座的各位来说
Now, for people in this lecture theatre now,
如果去检测他们动脉中的血氧分压
if we measured the pressure of oxygen in their arteries,
用以衡量他们的动脉血氧含量
so that's how we measure the amount of oxygen in your arteries,
结果会怎样
what would we find?
普通人的动脉血氧分压
The average pressure of oxygen in people's arteries here
大概是10到12千帕吗
would be about 10-12?
是的 介于10到12之间
Somewhere between 10 and 12, yeah.
所以对普通的健康人群来说
So for normal, healthy people
我们假设是10千帕的压力
let's say it's ten kilopascals of pressure.
如果病房♥里的病人情况非常危急
At the point at which someone's sick enough on the ward
把丹或者我从重症监护室叫来
to start calling Dan or me down from intensive care
接收病人 为他们接上维持生命的设备
to scoop them up and stick them on a life-support machine
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表