剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表
莫莉 非常感谢你
Molly, thank you so much. Molly.
但是我不明白
But I don't understand
为什么在宇航服里需要加上个防弹衣
why you needed to have a bulletproof jacket in that suit.
为什么要在宇航服里加上防弹衣
Why did you need a bulletproof jacket?
你的行进速度是每小时27000千米
Well, you're going 17,000 mph
如果以那样的速度撞上什么东西
and if you run into something going that fast,
哪怕只是一小块灰尘或者一小块油漆
even a fairly tiny speck of maybe a piece of paint
又或是一小块破旧的火箭残骸
or some part of an old rocket,
都能够直接穿透你
it could go right through you
所以你需要些保护
and so you need some protection.
也许你觉得小东西有那么大的破坏力很奇怪
Now, it's a bit weird to think of small objects as being harmful,
但我们可以展示下它的破坏力
but we can show you that they really are.
我需要一位志愿者
And to show you, I'm going to need a volunteer.
你 你上来吧
Here, why don't you come down?
-你叫什么名字 -维拉吉
- And what's your name? - Viraj.
维拉吉 很小的物体以很快的速度移♥动♥
Viraj, small objects travelling very quickly
能够带来巨大的破坏
can cause a lot of damage.
为了证明这一点 我特意准备了一些
Now, to prove it, I've got some orbital debris here
特殊的轨道碎片
that we have specially brought up
这个可能看起来有点像胡萝卜
so that may look like a carrot to you.
维拉吉 我告诉你 这个胡萝卜
Now, Viraj, I'm going to tell you that this carrot
能够穿透这块硬纸板
can go through this cardboard, OK,
硬纸板上有我的画像
which they've decided to put a picture of me on.
维拉吉 我想让你
All right, so, Viraj, I want you to try
朝着那个小人扔胡萝卜
and throw that carrot through that figurine.
准备好了吗 加油
Ready? Give it your best shot.
不行
No.
我试试
Let me try, let me try.
丹
Dan?
这还真挺让人开心的
It's quite therapeutic, this, actually.
但是我们没办法穿透它
But we're not going to get it through.
我们需要更快的速度
We need to move it a bit faster.
这看起来像是铜管和打气筒
Now, this may look like some copper piping and a bicycle pump
但其实它是轨道碎片模拟器
but it is an orbital debris simulator
接下来
and what we're going to do is
我们给这些胡萝卜足够的力量来穿透纸板
give those carrots enough energy to get through this.
我们需要把护目镜戴上
So, we're going to get some safety glasses on.
你要戴上 我也要戴上
You better put those on and I better put these on
我们要给大家展示
and we're going to show you
装备好的胡萝卜有大力量
the power of the carrot here as we load it up.
我们要利用的是动能
Now, the energy that we're using is kinetic energy
动能 如你所知
and kinetic energy, as you know,
等于1/2乘以质量乘以速度的平方
is half times the mass times the velocity squared.
-你肯定知道这公式 对吧 -是的
- You definitely knew that, didn't you? - Yeah.
所以其中很重要的部分就是速度
And so the important component is the velocity,
物体移♥动♥的速度
how fast the thing is moving.
如果你能让它移♥动♥的速度足够快
And so if you get it moving fast enough,
就会产生令人惊讶的结果
it can have some surprising consequences.
维拉吉 过来这边
So, Viraj, you come round here
稍等一下 马上
and just, in a minute,
我来帮你
I'm going to help you.
把你的手放在这里 你来告诉我
If you put your hand down there and you tell me,
丹 什么时候可以发射了
Dan, when you're ready to go.
开始 三 二 一 发射
Go. Three, two, one, go!
击掌 做的好
High five. Good job.
快看 这里有个洞
Now, look, there is the hole in the...
我现在非常难过
I'm very upset right now.
我要平静下我的心情
I'm going to have a bit of an emotional moment.
以防你不知道 胡萝卜很危险
So in case you didn't know, carrots are dangerous.
高速运动的胡萝卜很危险
Carrots moving at high speed are dangerous.
请千万不要在家中尝试
Never, ever, ever try and do this at home.
这不是在开玩笑
It's not a joke,
高速移♥动♥的物品
stuff travelling fast enough
能够很轻易穿透你的眼睛
will take your eyes out pretty easily.
丹 那只是你在太空行走时
And so, Dan, that's just one of the hazards you face
能遇见的危险之一
when you go on a spacewalk.
太空行走什么感觉
So what's that like?
太空行走时 我们需要完成任务
When we're doing a spacewalk, we're out there to do a task -
修理或者去移♥动♥什么东西
fix something or move something.
我们非常幸运能带来这件宇航服
And we are very lucky here to have this spacesuit.
你就是穿着这些宇航服训练的
Now, you have trained on these spacesuits
我们不能碰它们 你需要戴上手套
and we're not allowed to touch them so you can grab some gloves.
-谢谢 -给我讲讲这件宇航服吧
- Thank you. - Now, tell me about this spacesuit,
丹 因为这是件真的
Dan, because this is an actual...
这不是你升空时穿的宇航服
This isn't like the spacesuits that you launch into space in,
而是用来太空行走的宇航服 对吧
this is a suit for a spacewalk, right?
太空行走穿的 这叫做奥兰宇航服
For doing spacewalks. This is called an Orlan spacesuit.
这是俄♥罗♥斯♥版的太空行走宇航服
It's the Russian version of the spacewalking suit.
给我讲讲它的一些功能吧
Just take me through some of these features.
这里看起来非常复杂
These always look very complicated
就是这里的这些东西
so just some of the stuff here.
这是件俄♥罗♥斯♥版宇航服
Now, this is a Russian suit,
有些字写的是俄语 对吧
some of the stuff is written in Russian, right?
上面写的都是俄语
All of it's written in Russian, yeah.
所以你必须要学习俄语才行吗
So you have to learn Russian to be able to walk in it?
是的 没错
Yes, exactly right.
宇航服其实是件很精密的仪器
And the spacesuit is its own machine,
非常复杂的仪器
it's a very complicated machine
这个装置能够选择
and so this here selects
你会呼吸到什么样的氧气
what kind of oxygen you're going to be breathing,
是从脐状系绳中获取还是从气罐中获取
either from your umbilical or from your tank.
这是温度校准器
This is a regulator for temperature
如果你觉得很冷或者很热
so if you're getting too cold or too hot,
动一下这里
you move this
就能调节内部温度
and it will regulate the temperature inside you.
虽然我不会说俄语
And I don't speak any Russian
但是这边的这些文字
but this looks like it's written backwards to me,
看上去是反方向写的 为什么呢
this stuff round here. Why is that?
这是因为你的眼睛在上面
Well, it is because your eyes are up here
你看不到下边的情况
and you're never going to see what's on here
所以我们的宇航服上有一面镜子
so we have a mirror that we have on our spacesuits
这样就能用镜子看到宇航服的各个部分
and so to see parts of your spacesuit, you use the mirror
就像救护车或者消防车的前部
and just like the front of an ambulance or a fire truck,
是反着写的 这里也是反着写的
it's written backwards, this is written backwards
好让你在镜子里看到它的时候
so that when you look at it in the mirror,
它是正常的方向
it'll look the right way.
然后上面这里 金色 金色太阳眼镜
And then up here, gold? Gold sunglasses?
这是为了什么呢
What's that about?
因为光线很刺眼
Well, it's very bright.
没有了大气层的保护
Without an atmosphere to protect you,
光线异常刺眼
it's extremely bright
所以你的眼睛需要保护
and so you need the protection for your eyes
如果没有这层防护
and you would get awful sunburn
你会被严重晒伤
if you didn't have this kind of protection.
真是令人印象深刻
Wow, that's pretty impressive.
而这件宇航服的功能
And this does all the stuff
与之前我们想给莫莉提供的功能完全一样
that we tried to get Molly's suit to do earlier on,
-它能让你保命 -没错
- it keeps you alive. - Exactly right.
我想看看背面 因为背面这边...
I just want to look round the back cos round the back here...
我先把它转过来
I'm going to spin it round.
这是一套俄♥罗♥斯♥宇航服
So, this is a Russian suit.
我曾经试穿过你们美国的太空行走宇航服
Now, I've tried to put on one of your American spacewalk suits.
非常坚硬 就像一件玻璃纤维做成的T恤衫
It's pretty hard, it's like a fibreglass T-shirt,
你在衣服里只能蠕动
you've got to wriggle inside,
我肩膀都差点脱臼了
I nearly dislocated my shoulder.
俄♥罗♥斯♥宇航服有一扇门
The Russian suit has just got a door,
你只需从后面直接爬进去就好了
you just climb straight in at the back.
接受训练时 这套服装大受宇航员们欢迎
It's very popular with astronauts when they train in it
因为它很容易穿上
because it's very easy to get in
它有一些很聪明的设计
and it's very cleverly designed
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:如何在太空中生存(2015) | 导航列表