剧集 | 雷蒙德·布兰克的厨房秘密(2010) | 导航列表
Good morning to you, Tom. Good morning Raymond.
早上好 汤姆 早上好 雷蒙德
Welcome to the Watercress Company.
欢迎来到西洋菜公♥司♥
Thank you very much.
谢谢你
Watercress needs cool flowing water to grow
西洋菜的生长需要流动的冷水
and the spring water that comes into Hampshire
从周围的白垩
from the surrounding chalk downs
流入汉普郡的泉水
provides the perfect conditions.
为它们提供了最佳的生长条件
Is it OK to walk on the watercress? It's fine, yeah, we do...
踩着西洋菜走没问题吗 没问题
Crush it down. I can hear it,
我们结结实实地踩在它们身上了
you know, screaming. Screeching away.
我能听到它尖叫的声音 尖叫声
It's amazing how resilient the crop is, Raymond,
雷蒙德 这些作物有着惊人的弹性
they will stand up again.
它们会再次立起来的
I didn't have my breakfast,
我还没吃早餐
my croissant and my pain au chocolat this morning,
今早没吃羊角面包和巧克力酥皮面包卷
so I will have bit of watercress. Is Ok?
所以我能吃一些西洋菜吗
Absolutely. You're at the right place, Raymond.
当然啦 你来对地方了 雷蒙德
You know apparently in London, it's what I've read ok,
在伦敦 我在书上读到过
I don't know if it's true or false,
我不确定是真是假
but apparently watercress was sold by street vendors.
西洋菜到处都有小摊贩在卖♥♥
Absolutely. In 1800 or so,
是的 大概在1800年
people would eat it like an ice cream, like that.
人们像吃冰激淋一样吃它 像这样
I'll take over while you eat that.
我会趁你吃的时候抢走它的
True or false? It's absolutely true.
这是真的吗 当然是真的
Historically people would consume it daily.
从前的人们天天都吃西洋菜
A lot of it goes back to the medicinal
它有良好的药用价值
and health benefits of watercress.
又有利于健康
I love watercress, OK.
我很喜欢西洋菜
I use it in many ways.
我将它用在许多地方
Not just meaningless garnishes but in my food,
不仅仅在摆盘时用作装饰品
which is a herb puree or soups.
还会用它做香草酱汁或是浓汤
There's so many wonderful ways to use it
它的用途非常广泛
because it is very bittery,
因为它味道浓烈
very strong flavours,
香气十足
packed with mustardy flavours, pepperiness and so on.
拥有芥末味 胡椒味等等
It is absolutely delicious.
太好吃了
The watercress harvest is cut low to the ground,
收割西洋菜时要从底部割断
keeping the stalk as long as possible.
割下来的茎叶越长越好
Have you see the cool trick here? Yeah.
长见识了吧 是啊
You've seen it in operation,
你已经看过机器如何运作了
I think it's time you had a go yourself.
我想你可以试着操作看看
Well, if you trust a Frenchman
你竟然敢相信一个法国人
that Frenchman is now going to break your machine,
这家伙可能会毁了你的机器
would be personally great.
但这对我来说真是太好了
That's it.
就是这样
That's right. We're going to spin you round.
好的 我们帮你转个弯
OK. I'm spinning, OK?
我在转弯呢
Stop. Wait.
停下 等等
That's good, Raymond.
做的好 雷蒙德
I'm cutting the heads off watercress.
我正在收割西洋菜
The Frenchman is very good at that.
法国人很擅长做这个
Right, let's go and have a look at what we've done.
好的 让我们看看成果
I prefer my motorcar.
我还是更喜欢我的汽车
We've left a fair bit behind.
我们漏割了一些西洋菜
Well it's the first time. On the whole that's pretty good.
第一次干嘛 整体还是不错的
At least I didn't destroy your crop.
至少我没有毁了你的作物
Have I got a job?
我能做这个工作吗
You certainly have.
当然
That's very surprising. Very surprising.
太惊人了 难以置信
So you taste, always taste. The head,
你要多品尝西洋菜 吃它的顶端
I've just put watercress in my mouth, so have you.
像我这样 把西洋菜放进嘴里
Here.
这里
In the kitchen, watercress soup is on the menu.
在这儿 西洋菜将被做成浓汤
Served with a swirl of creme fraiche.
配以旋涡状的鲜奶油
Watercress should have a much bigger place
西洋菜在烹饪中应该享有更高的地位
in our culinary repertoire than to be a simple garnish.
而不仅仅作为一个简单的装饰品
The first thing that you should do when you make this soup,
做这道汤时 你首先要做的是
you run into your kitchen, you boil your water.
进入厨房♥ 煮一锅开水
Before switching on the lights, you boil your water.
在打开电灯前 先煮开水
Adam, 20 grams of butter, please?
亚当 请给我20克黄油
Oui. 20 grams of butter. 20.
好的 20克黄油 20克
Oh. The only fat that's going to go in that soup, OK?
黄油是这道汤中唯一含脂肪的食材
And I've got an onion. A white onion,
接着准备一颗洋葱 白洋葱
but you could use obviously a different onion,
你也可以使用其他品种的洋葱
but that one is sweeter.
但这种更甜
Lovely onions,
极好的洋葱
very, very sweet and all what you need is about that.
非常甜 就是要这样的洋葱
Finely slice onion and stir it into melted butter.
将洋葱切碎 放入融化的黄油中搅拌
Add sliced garlic and cook on a low heat until softened.
加入切好大蒜 小火烹煮直至软化
So my water's boiling,
水开了
my watercress is here, my spinach is here.
这是西洋菜 这是菠菜
Spinach is purely optional.
加不加菠菜纯属个人喜好
It's to just round up a bit of flavour of the watercress,
菠菜只是为了提出西洋菜的香味
but if you truly love watercress
但如果你只爱西洋菜的味道
just don't put the spinach.
也可以不加菠菜
Now I'm going to add all of the watercress in here.
现在 我要把西洋菜全放进去
Sorry it's too much, guys, it's too much. I'm in trouble.
太多菜了 我遇到麻烦了
Maybe use a larger pan would be better.
用个大点的平底锅更好
I cannot do a soup into a shallow plate
我无法用一个浅口锅将
when we need about two kilograms of this.
2千克西洋菜做成汤
Sorry. Adam, butter, please?
亚当 请给我些黄油
In a large pan add 300 grams
在盛有洋葱和大蒜的
of watercress to the sweated onion and garlic.
大平底锅中加入300克西洋菜
That's going to look a lot.
看上去很多
You can see - looks like a mountain of watercress
西洋菜好似堆成了一座小山
but actually it's going to wilt down like spinach.
但它和菠菜一样 受热后会变软
It looks a lot then you go to a miserable little,
看上去很多 做出来很少
not quite like that, but...
比喻不是很恰当 但...
Tres bien. I'm adding my salt,
很好 接下来加盐
only about six gram of salt, that's all that you need.
盐只需加入6克就足够了
After a 30 second burst of heat...
经30秒高温烹煮后
Now I add my spinach.
现在 加入菠菜
Add 100 grams of spinach.
加入100克菠菜
Voila. So it's a great little soup
瞧 只需花一点时间
because you can do it really in so little time.
就能完成一道美味的汤
You can omit the onions if you don't want to.
如果你不喜欢洋葱 也可以不加
If you want to make it really simple remove the garlic,
如果想更简单些 可以不加大蒜
remove the onions, just have water and watercress.
不加洋葱 只用清水和西洋菜
It will still be, I can assure you,
我可以向你保证
completely delicious.
它依旧美味
Now we're going to add the boiling water.
现在 加入开水
As soon as the leaves have wilted down,
叶片一旦软下来
add half a litre of boiling water
就加入半升开水
and leave to simmer for just two minutes.
焖煮2分钟
Voila. So now it's boiling up
看 水开了
and we can get my ice.
我们可以加入冰块了
Adam, could I have the ice please. Thank you very much.
亚当 请帮我拿冰块过来 谢谢
Thank you Adam, merci beaucoup.
谢谢你 亚当 非常感谢
And then I'm going to stop the cooking with ice.
我要用冰块来使焖煮骤停
Completely. And that's a little secret
完全停止 这是个小秘诀
so you can retain the flavour, the colour,
这样做能保留菜肴的香味 色泽
the textures and all the nutrients.
口感以及所有营养
You win all the way.
一举多得
It looks a watery mess,
看上去水太多了
it's not the most appetising thing now,
这还不算完工
but you wait later.
你需要等候片刻
Puree the soup in a blender.
把汤放入搅拌机中搅成泥
Look at that lovely watercress, all wilted down.
快看这些西洋菜 全都软软的
That's really a bowl of health,
这是一碗健康的汤
the most delicious simple soup.
是最简单美味的汤
So it's a serious amount of soup here,
这份汤的量很大
剧集 | 雷蒙德·布兰克的厨房秘密(2010) | 导航列表