剧集 | 无痛杀手(2023) | 导航列表
We'd like Purdue to make an investment in the communities in Virginia
那些城镇深受你们药物的危害 投资金额总计为20亿元
that have been harmed by your drug, something to the tune of $2 billion.
很好,这才是乖狗狗
Oh, yeah. Oh, that's a good boy.
-还有其他的吗? -有
Anything else? - Yes.
我们希望普渡制药能公开道歉
We'd like a public apology from Purdue.
普渡制药 应该要对自己的罪行负起责任
The company should take full responsibility for its wrongdoing.
你真帅气,又爱流口水
You're so handsome and so drooly.
-好的 -乖狗狗
Okay. - Good boy.
那是什么声音?
What is that?
黛博拉,湿纸巾
Deborah. Wet wipes.
我没记错的话
So, if I have this right:
更改标签
Change the labels,
拿20亿元投资社区
uh, investment in the community to the tune of $2 billion,
以及公开道歉
and a public apology.
过来,宝贝
Come on, boy. Come on.
-就这样吗? -很好...
Is that all? - Yes, yes.
不是,但现阶段只能这样
No, but those are the waters we're swimming in.
去捡球
Get that ball.
亲爱的,真抱歉
Oh, my dear. My dear, sorry about that.
理查赛克勒,我是依迪佛劳尔
Richard Sackler, I'm Edie Flowers.
-妳好 -你真是...
Hello. - You are a--
你真的很懂得赚钱
You did a good job making all that money.
谢谢
Thank you.
来吧,我得让这只狗好好动一下
Come on. I gotta get this dog some exercise.
来吧,过来,跑起来
Come on, boy. This way. Let's run around.
过来,我们回去吧...
Come on. This way. Let's go back. Let's go back.
好的
Well, okay.
三位,现阶段的情况是这样
Gentlemen... here are the waters we are swimming in.
请写下来
Write this down.
一次捐赠一千万的礼金 给维吉尼亚州的执法机关
A one-time $10 million gift to Virginia law enforcement
或是你们属意的慈善机构
or the charity of your choosing.
公♥司♥不会承认任何过错
And the company will not admit to any wrongdoing.
所以你们提议要出一千万的和解金?
You're offering 10 million for a settlement?
这不是和解金,我没说是和解金
It's not. I didn't say "settlement."
你都是这样帮你的老板们 讨价还价的吗?
Is this how you negotiate for your bosses?
我们认为我们被不正当地污名化
We believe we are being demonized unfairly.
疼始康定在所有类鸦♥片♥处方药物里 只占了不到4%
OxyContin accounts for less than 4% of all opioid prescriptions--
用药过量的占比呢?
What percentage of overdoses?
检察官先生 你的资料里标示的12件案例
Well, sir, of the 12 you flagged in your own file here,
只有两例与疼始康定有直接关联
OxyContin was the only drug present in only two.
-尤戴尔先生,我这里有数据 -可以让我说完吗?
Mr. Udell, I have the numbers here. - May I finish, sir?
-请说 -谢谢
Yes, you may. - Thank you.
重点是类鸦♥片♥处方药物 早在1970年代就开始稳定增加
The point is, opioid prescriptions began increasing steadily in the 1970s,
那时疼始康定甚至还没研发出来
long before OxyContin was even an idea.
只针对我们不只不公平
So to single us out seems not only unfair,
老实说
but frankly,
还有点卑劣
a little dishonest.
不过呢
即使如此
普渡制药仍想全力帮忙
But, even with that, Purdue is committed to helping you.
这一千万的礼金 不只诚意十足,也很大方
And we think our offer of $10 million is not only sufficient, but generous.
这样的话
Well...
现在情况变得愈来愈艰难了
Here are the new deep, deep waters we're swimming in.
我们要求50亿元
Now we want 5 billion and
你们把疼始康定全数下架
you can take the drug off the market entirely.
你们就想打击我们,是吧?
You boys are trying to make us squeal.
-你们承受得起的 -不
I think you can afford it. - No.
还有其他的事吗?
Is that all?
有,请你告诉赛克勒 他们的财富无法威胁我
Tell the Sacklers that I'm not intimidated by their money,
搬出人脉也没用,我不会放弃的
or their connections, and I'm not going anywhere.
看来我们没什么好谈的了
That's all there is to say then.
我从没看过布朗利如此受挫
I had never seen Brownlee so upset.
他们把他当成什么都不懂的乡下人
They treated him like some country hillbilly bumpkin
应该要感激他们的施舍
who should be grateful for scraps.
布朗利不是这样的人
That wasn't Brownlee.
依迪,我们走吧
Hey. Let's go.
怎么了?
What happened?
他们以为让他吃了闭门羹
They thought they'd shut him down.
但只是让他更有动力
And they'd only lit a fire under his ass.
我们搜查文件一无所获 那就改变策略
When we didn't get what we needed from the paperwork, we changed strategy.
像这样的大企业
In a company this big,
做这种肮脏事,残害这么多人
doing something so shitty to so many people,
一定有人愿意跟我们谈
there had to be someone who would talk to us.
因此开始调查行动的第二阶段
So phase two of our investigation began,
联络公♥司♥里的每一个人
with cold calls.
要找关键字,理查赛克勒 克提斯莱特、食品药物管理局
Look up key words. Richard Sackler, Curtis Wright, FDA. All right?
他是核准上市的官员
He's the guy that approved it.
还有理查赛克勒与曼谷的所有线索
Anything between Richard Sackler, Bangkok.
我们知道他去了泰国,要找到收据
We know he's been to Thailand. I want receipts.
尽全力搜查
We're on top of this, right?
我是蓝迪朗沙尔,我要找...喂?
My name is Randy Ramseyer. I'm calling-- Hello?
查看名片架
Go through the Rolodex.
我是联邦检察官办公室的瑞克蒙卡索
Richard Mountcastle. U.S. Attorney's Office.
我是想询问你的工作...
I'm calling about your employment, regarding your employment...
若对方愿意说,记下所有资讯
I want who, when, why.
我是蓝迪朗沙尔,想询问...
My name is Randy Ramseyer, I'm calling--
-你在普渡制药工作多久? -那里发生什么事?
How long have you been at Purdue? - What's going on over there?
每个人都要打,持续打给他们
Call them. Keep calling them.
-所有线路都得打满 -你有跟管理阶层的往来邮件吗?
Are you in possession of e-mails between you and senior management?
薛佛小姐,我是依迪佛劳尔 来自联邦检察官办公室
Ms. Shaeffer. Edie Flowers from the U.S. Attorney's Office.
-疼始康定 -疼始康定
OxyContin. - OxyContin.
-不能漏掉任何人 -疼始康定
We don't let anyone off the hook. - Oxy.
请回电给我
If you could give me a call back...
-5毫克 -100毫克
75 milligrams, 100 milligrams.
36244...
...3-6-2-4-4...
-120毫克 -你对克提斯莱特有什么了解?
120 milligrams. - What can you tell me about Curtis Wright?
是否知道关于理查赛克勒 与食品药物管理局的任何事?
Anything regarding Richard Sackler and the FDA?
-谢谢 -理查赛克勒与食品药物管理局
Thank you. - Richard Sackler and the FDA?
-有印象吗? -喂?
Ring any bells? - Hello?
我什么都没问到 我们已经问了半数的员工
I'm not having any luck. We've gone through half their employees.
你知道普渡制药对员工很大方吧?
You know what Purdue pays, right?
-他们不会恩将仇报 -继续打
They're not gonna bite the hand. - Keep calling.
马洛小姐,妳好
Hello, Ms. Marlowe?
是的?
Yes?
妳好,我是依迪佛劳尔
Hi, I'm Edie Flowers.
我是检察官的...其实呢
I'm with the Attorney General-- You know what? Um...
我们见过面
We actually met.
我跟检察官约翰布朗利 曾拜访普渡制药
Um, I came to Purdue with U.S. Attorney John Brownlee.
真有意思,竟然有人记得我
Well, that's funny. Nobody ever remembers me.
妳说我得在大厅等候
You told me I needed to wait in the lobby.
真的吗?
I did?
没错
Yes, you did.
不知道是否能跟妳谈谈?
I wonder if I could talk to you for a moment.
抱歉,我遇到什么麻烦了吗?
I'm sorry, am I in trouble or...?
什么?不是
What? No.
一般不能这么做吧
If I-- I mean, you can't do that to people.
随意捉弄他人
Just... trick them.
我没有要捉弄妳 也没有要捉弄任何人
I'm not trying to trick you, I'm not trying to trick anyone.
我只是想跟妳聊聊 妳在普渡制药的工作情形
I'm hoping that you'd be willing to talk to me about your time at Purdue.
真奇怪
That was strange.
跟布朗利会面 没有达到我们想要的成果
The meeting with Brownlee didn't get us what we wanted.
他断然拒绝我们 现在他要发动攻势了
He rejected us outright and now he is on the warpath,
他联络司法部的所有人 想要寻求支持
and he's calling everybody at the DOJ trying to build support for his case.
也许我们的礼物应该要加码
Maybe we should increase the offer of our... gift.
别再说什么礼物 那就是该死的和解金
Stop saying "gift." It's a fucking settlement.
我们不会遭受不当的对待
We won't be mistreated.
只要给他们一点钱,事情就解决了
We just give them a little money, it goes away.
道歉跟给钱
Say sorry and give them a little money.
反正那些钱对我们不痛不痒 他们就不会一直来烦我们
You're not gonna know the money is gone, and they will leave us alone.
-对我们有什么损失? -莫蒂默,安静
What's the harm? - Mortimer, settle.
-我说,我们不会有... -莫蒂默
I said, what harm--? - Mortimer!
-安静 -好啦
剧集 | 无痛杀手(2023) | 导航列表