剧集 | 活在当下(2017) | 导航列表
You may get Honolulu. I got Toledo.
可能会把你送去火奴鲁鲁 我当时被送到了托莱多
Why people say, "Holy Toledo," I'll never know.
我就不明白大家为什么管那儿叫 "神圣的托莱多"
Nothing holy about it. It's hell.
那儿没什么神圣的 就是人间地狱
Okay. Eight years.
好吧 八年
Oh, and then your fellowship. Three more years.
还要再做三年研究员哟
So, 11 years?
所以十一年够了?
You are going to ace the math portion of the MCAT.
你这架势 通过美国医学生入学测验中的数学科完全没问题啊
And don't you worry,
不用担心
you will be shocked at how quickly a decade goes by.
十年匆匆如白驹过隙
Especially when you don't see your family.
在无法见到家人的时候感受尤深
But, in the end...
但是 最终...
it will all be worth it, because you will be a doctor.
一切都是值得的 因为你变成了一个医生
And $200,000 in debt!
还背上了二十万刀的债务!
I still haven't paid mine off! You haven't?
我到现在都没还清呢! 你还没吗?
Looks like the sweet release of death will come first.
看来死亡带来的甜蜜解脱会率先将临了
I win!
我赢了!
Isn't this better?
这样好多了吧?
A good camera, proper lighting, and a cast in wardrobe.
一台好相机 配以灯光 着戏服的演员
I look like a fruit salad.
我看起来像水果沙拉一样
I look like Cousin Consuelo.
我看起来像康斯薇洛表姐一样
Don't let the beard throw you. It actually looks really natural.
可别让胡子掉下来 看起来很自然呢
Lights, camera... Talk now!
灯光准备 摄像准备…开始吧!
I am a farmer.
我是一名农民
I grow... coffee beans...
我以种植...咖啡豆为生...
one of Cuba's most important exports.
这是古巴最重要的出口商品之一
I work every day from sunrise to sunset.
每天 我都从日出工作到日落
But I am happy with my simple life.
但我对这样简单的生活非常满意
Cut!
卡!
Can we do it again?
能再来一次吗?
It doesn't really seem like you're a farmer.
你看起来一点儿都不像个农民
Cause I'm not really a farmer.
因为我就不是个农民啊
It's not too late to recast.
现在换演员还来得及哟
You auditioned and didn't get the part. Move on, man.
你已经试镜过了 没拿到角色 继续干活儿吧
Okay, Elena, you're up.
埃琳娜 该你了
Great. But I have some notes on the script.
很好 不过我在剧本上做了点儿笔记
Oh, here we go.
又来了
I hate it when the talent has thoughts.
我真是很讨厌这种很有自己想法的天才
What are you trying to say about Cubans?
你想把古巴人拍成什么样啊?
You're making us out to be total stereotypes.
你给我们塑造的就是完完全全的刻板印象
We're not this different from everyone else.
我们和其他人没有什么不同
Elena, get over the diversity thing.
埃琳娜 多样性候选人这事儿可以翻篇了
A committee of people think you're a smart Latina,
委员会的人觉得你是个聪明的拉丁裔姑娘
and they wanna help you achieve your dreams.
他们想要帮你实现梦想
How is this not a good thing?
这难道不是件好事儿吗?
Because I only got chosen to fulfill their race quota!
因为他们选我就是为了填满种族配额的!
They probably think I dress like this,
他们可能觉得我就是穿成这样
and that I came over on a raft, rolling a cigar, and yelling,
划着个木筏过来 卷着雪茄 大声喊
"Say hello to my little friend."
“小朋友们 你们好啊”
Can we please finish shooting? Yes.
能让我们先拍完吗? 好的
We'll talk about this later.
我们晚点儿再谈
There's nothing left to talk about.
没什么好谈的了
I already e-mailed them and told them I'm not accepting it.
我已经给他们发邮件说我不会接受了
You did what?
你干了什么?
What...
什么...
You don't get it, kiddo.
你不明白 孩子
You don't get it! This is a big deal.
你不明白!这是件大事儿
And you don't have the luxury to be like,
你没有资本说
"Oh, it hurts my feelings." Come on!
“这样太伤我感情了” 得了吧!
When I was 15, I would've jumped at this.
如果是我十五岁的时候 我肯定会立马抓住这个机会的
You have no idea what life is going to throw at you,
你根本不知道生活会带给你什么
and right now, you have the chance to pursue your dreams.
现在 你有机会去追逐你的梦想
And not everybody gets to do that.
不是每个人都有这种机会的
But it's my future!
但这是我的未来啊!
I wanna do it my way.
我想用我自己的方式去追求啊
Elena!
埃琳娜!
Oh, how do you storm off in this thing?
这种事有什么好大发雷霆的?
I have never seen such un-professionalism.
我就没见过这么不专业的演员
This is why I don't work!
这就是为什么我不去工作!
It's okay. Let's get to the star.
没什么啦 我们拍大明星就好了
Abuelita, you're up.
外婆 到你出场了
Oh, hello.
你们好啊
I didn't see you there.
刚才没看到你们在那儿呢
It is I, Lydia Riera, the most famous dancer in Cuba.
我 莉迪亚·列拉 古巴最著名的舞蹈家
I can do flamenco, salsa, mambo,
我会跳弗拉明戈 萨尔萨 曼波
pachanga, and the Funky Chicken.
泼禅格舞 还有搞怪舞哟
Okay, abuelita. Time for your story.
外婆 你该说故事了
Make me laugh. Make me cry.
让我大笑 让我哭泣
Get me an A.
让我得个A
Well, when I was in Cuba...
我还在古巴的时候...
the peoples would line up for blocks and blocks just to see me.
大家排起的长队挤满了整个街区 就为了看我一眼
I was the iPhone of my time.
我就是那个时代的iPhone
But then Castro took over. My family was forced to flee.
但后来卡斯特罗当政了 我们一家不得不流亡
And that's when I came to America.
我就是那时候来到了美国
Ooh! You know what would be good?
外婆你知道说哪段最好吗?
Talk about being one of the Pedro Pan kids.
说说你成为彼得·潘行动一员的事儿吧
Pedro Pan was a program
彼得·潘是一个在革命期间
that started during the revolution to fly children out of Cuba
把孩子送出古巴的计划
and give them safe haven in the United States until Castro left.
给他们在美国提供安全的避风港 让他们一直待到卡斯特罗离开
Okay... so you were put on a plane to a new country
好的...所以你被送上飞机
where you didn't know the language?
去了一个连当地语言都不会讲的新国家?
Oh, yes.
是的
Without your parents?
没有父母陪同吗?
Yes.
是啊
And you were Elena's age,
那是你像埃琳娜这么大吧
which would have made Tía Maruchi my age?
玛鲁奇阿姨也就像我这么大?
And Mimi would've been really young.
咪♥咪♥阿姨就更小了
Yes.
是的
Wow, Abuelita. I can't even imagine.
哇 外婆 我简直无法想象
That must have been so hard, taking care of your sisters,
那时候一定过得很苦吧 作为大姐
since you were the oldest.
还要照顾妹妹们
Mami...
妈妈...
Are you okay?
你还好吗?
You know, I am sorry. I'm a little tired.
抱歉 我有点儿累了
I'm sorry, papito.
抱歉 小祖宗
I think I am done talking. Hmm?
我先说到这儿吧 好吗?
You want me to do her part?
需要我来完成她的部分吗?
Is Alex okay?
亚历克斯还好吗?
Did I ruin his movie? No. Alex is fine.
我是不是毁了他的电影啊? 没 亚历克斯没事儿
He's a little confused. Frankly, so am I.
他只是有点困惑 说实话 我也有点儿
I know how much you like
我知道你有多喜欢提起
talking about all the good times in Cuba.
你在古巴时的那些美好时光
And I also know that there are certain things
我也知道一定有些事情
that are hard to talk about.
是你很抗拒提起的
But I've never seen you react like that.
但我从来没见过你有这么剧烈的反应
What's going on?
怎么了?
It might be good for you to talk about it.
说出来你可能会好受些
That's what I've been doing in therapy.
我去做心理治疗的时候就是这样的
Okay, forget therapy.
好吧 不说心理治疗的事儿
But you came here alone, with nothing...
但你独自一人来到这儿 一无所有...
and you made an amazing life.
还实现了一个精彩的人生
Someday, maybe you could talk to me about it.
也许有一天 你能和我说说这些
I would love to hear your whole story.
我很乐意听你说完整的故事
I remember being at the airport.
我还记得 在机场的时候
We were only allowed one suitcase.
我们只能带一个行李箱
And my mami was so clever.
我妈妈特别机智
She sewed two dresses together,
她把两条裙子缝在了一起
one inside the other...
一条在另一条里面...
so I could have more clothing.
这样我就能有更多衣服穿
Then it was time to say goodbye...
后来该说再见了...
but I couldn't let go of Blanca.
可我放不下布兰卡
剧集 | 活在当下(2017) | 导航列表