剧集 | 都市侠盗:救赎(2021) | 导航列表
Oh, sweetheart.
哦 女士
I'm so sorry.
我很抱歉
Can I get you anything? - Oh.
要喝些什么吗?
Coffee? Water?
咖啡? 水?
I'll take the elixir of life if you have it.
若有长生不老药 我很乐意试试
If we had it, I'd give it to you.
若我们真有 肯定提供给您
But I can offer you the next best thing.
但我能提供上佳的替代方案
Three fingers of good whiskey, that's all right.
三指优质威士忌也行
I was talking about time.
我说的是时间
That's what cryonics is about.
低温冷冻的核心所在
It's not sci-fi or make-believe, or the elixir of life.
不是什么科幻 虚构 或 长生不老药
It's the process by which we take back control of the clock.
是通过技术手段重新掌控我们的时间
We?
我们?
Oh.
哦
Cryonics is not just my job, it's my passion.
低温冷冻是我的工作 更是我的信念
Are you a client as well?
你也是客户?
I'm more than that.
更有说法
I was the company's first investor. [chuckles]
我是公♥司♥首位投资人
How did you get into it?
你是怎么参与进来的?
[inhales sharply]
Many years ago, my boss Peter... Oh, he's a genius.
多年以前 我上司彼得 充满天资
Well, he was married to this woman named Danielle.
他娶了位叫丹妮尔的女子为妻
She was an ER nurse who was exposed to hepatitis C
她是位急诊护士 检诊病人时
while she was treating a patient.
不幸感染丙肝
She died ten years ago.
在十年前去世了
Three months before the cure was announced.
距特效药问世就差三个月
- If only she'd had a bit more time. - Yes.
- 要是她多些时光多好 - 是啊
Yes.
是啊
She could have lived a long, healthy life.
他本可以拥有健康漫长的人生
When I met Peter and he told me that story...
当我遇见彼得 听他讲述这段往事...
...I knew that cryonics was my mission in life.
我意识到低温冷冻是我毕生追求
So much unnecessary suffering could be avoided
如果能为人们争取更多时间
if we could only give people more time.
就可以避免许多不必要的痛苦
[sighs]
Peter still hasn't gotten over losing Danielle.
彼得还没从丹妮尔去世中走出来
But, thanks to cryonics, he's got all the time in the world to do it.
但得益于低温冷冻 他有足够时间去释怀
And I'll be waiting when he does...
而我会等到他...
In a work-related sense.
同事方面的关怀
- Oh. - And you can have that time too.
- 哦 - 你也可以拥有时光延续
- Call me tomorrow. - Mm-hmm.
- 明天联♥系♥ - 嗯
Why, hello.
你好啊
I see you've met my girl Friday. Isn't she great?
我的靓女弗莱迪没有招待不周吧?
Why don't you step into my office, so we can talk turkey.
何不进我办公室 谈谈正事
Now, if you've spent any time at all researching the cryonics space,
若您花时间了解过低温冷冻领域
you'll find that our prices are much more affordable than our competitors.
与竞争者相比我们价格颇具性价比
How do you manage that? [chuckles]
你怎么做到的?
Oh, not gonna lie, it's a struggle.
说实话 不容易
I've gone without a meal more than once,
我唯有勒紧裤腰带
but I believe that it is my calling to democratize cryonics.
但我致力于推动低温冷冻技术普惠
The gift of time.
"时光馈赠"
Well, it should be just that. A gift.
或者本该就是 馈赠
Not something sold to the highest bidder.
而不是价高者得
A future where only wealthy elites have access to life-extending technology,
若未来生命延续只有权贵才能享有
that's no future at all.
那算什么未来
Cryonics should be for the everyday folks too.
低温冷冻应该面向大众
The moms and pops who keep our great country running.
面向我们伟大国家的建设者
Folks like you. And me.
像你我这样的人
And even Bobbi.
甚至芭比这种
Now, what do I gotta do to get you into a contract today?
对于协议 您有什么疑虑尽管问我?
I'm sorry, I...I don't think I can do this today.
抱歉 我 我想我没准备好
Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong?
是什么疑虑吗?
Uh, uh, look, it all sounds wonderful in theory,
呃 听起来设想很完美
but...I think I should come back another day, take a look around.
但 我想还是改日再来瞅瞅吧
I-I just keep imagining myself in an ice tray in the back of a freezer.
我总忍♥不住去想自己是躺在冰箱冰格里
Oh...
喔...
No, I completely understand.
不 我完全理解您
It's not like that. It's very state of the art.
不是您设想那样 非常创新先进
Matter of fact,
事实上
why don't I take you downstairs, give you a tour right now?
不如我带你去地下瞅瞅?
Huh.
哼
[Peter] I'm gonna be taking her down for a tour.
我带她去楼下瞅瞅
Gave me a...
给我一种...
Hey! What the hell are you doing?
喂 你在干什么?
Don't come back or I'm calling the cops!
胆敢再来 我就报♥警♥
Just how secure is this facility?
这设施安全吗?
Uh. You know, I assure you, th-that's never happened before.
呃 我向你保证 这真是头一回
Uh. It's Bobbi's fault.
呃 是芭比的过失
I will talk to her.
我事后跟她沟通
Come on.
来吧
Ah.
额
Is-is-is there a dead body in each of these?
这些装置里都有尸体吗?
Oh, no, ma'am.
不 女士
Just temporarily vitrified clients awaiting reanimation.
暂且是"玻璃态"的客户 待复苏
They may be legally dead... [inhales deeply] ...but not to us.
法律认知的死亡 可不是我们的终点
Miss Chang. Looking radiant as ever.
张女士 容光依旧
Mr. Anderson. Ooh!
安德森先生
Cold enough for ya?
温度够舒适?
Oh, so... why do you need an operating room?
额 为何还有手术室?
Aren't the clients already dead when they arrive?
客户送来的时候不已经死了?
It's for when we revive them, of course.
当然是为了他们复苏准备的
Okay.
好嘞
The only money I can find with Peter Luna's name on it
彼得卢纳名下唯一能找到的账户
is a savings account with a measly $2,000 in it.
只有区区两千美元
That's not bespoke suit money. Where's this guy keeping his cash?
这可不是消费的账户 他现金又能藏哪儿?
Not here.
不在这
And not cash.
也不是现金
So we're dealing with a guy who's purposely defrauding clients and...
所以我们面对的这家伙蓄意欺诈客户...
- I'm gonna have to stop you right there. - You're about to tell us it's legal again.
- 我得打断你 - 你又要说这合法了?
- Afraid so. - 'Merica.
- 恐怕是 - "丑利坚"
Peter's not defrauding anybody
彼得不存在欺诈行为
because he's not falsely representing what he's doing.
因为他的协议内容没有虚假陈诉
He's just burying it deep in that legalese
他只是通过专业术语模糊信息
so that all the desperate clients that he targets
而那些病危的目标客户
don't notice the payment increases or that they lose the bodies if there's a default.
难以察觉付款细节 而一旦违约即失去遗体处置权
He's skimming off body parts like old classic cars.
他贩卖♥♥遗体零件跟拆老爷车似的
Exactly. Now, you can't sell blood or organs for transplant,
没错 现在不得以移植为目的买♥♥卖♥♥血液器官
(法律禁止器官买♥♥卖♥♥ 只允许合法捐赠)
but if the cadaver is legally obtained, you can sell it for, as you say, parts.
但若依法取得的遗体 则允许出♥售♥所谓的"零件"
(零件是概念混淆 依然指器官组织)
Who are the buyers?
买♥♥家都是些谁?
Ah. Well, research institutes, medical schools,
研究院 医学院
CEOs with tennis...
患"网球肘"的...大亨 (肱骨外上髁炎)
elbow... It's a lot of people, check it out.
需求者还有很多 看
So knees go for about 650 bucks a pop.
膝盖大约650美元一个
A hand, forearm, shoulder combo, that'll run you 900 bucks.
手部 前臂 肩部 组合 需要 900 美元
A spinal column costs about the same.
脊柱价格也差不多
A heart'll set you back 500 bucks. Same thing as a kidney.
心脏 肾脏 同样500美元
Corneas, that's actually in very high demand.
角膜 实际需求量很大
Um, a pair of those go for $6,000.
一对要6000美元
A brain for 600, add a zero and you can get the whole...
大脑600美元 再加个零 就可以得到
intact... head.
整颗...头颅
There's 4,000 tendons in the human body.
人体约有4000条肌腱
And those can cost up to $1,000 a piece.
每条可高达1000美元
So, yeah. There's a market.
所以 市场巨大
Well...
好吧...
Luckily for Gisele and her family...
吉泽尔家人就很幸运了
...legal-yet-morally-depraved is exactly in our wheelhouse.
恰好我们最擅长钻法律空子
Hey, Parker. Show them what you found.
帕克 分享你的成果
Ah. A receipt. For a currency-to-gold transaction.
哈 一张收据 用于货币兑黄金
Gold? What is this, the Wild West?
黄金?搞毛?荒野大镖客啊?
All those guys hoard gold. It's part of the whole libertarian thing.
这帮人都在囤黄金 说白了都是自♥由♥主义产物
If civilization goes down, you got the physical asset.
要是社会体系崩塌 至少还有硬资产托底
剧集 | 都市侠盗:救赎(2021) | 导航列表