剧集 | 山巅之城 | 导航列表
他活该
He earned it.
不,但…
No, but...
我想做个比他更好的人
I wanted to be better than him.
结果却证实我就是他女儿
I just ended up proving that I really was his daughter.
你证实了你只是个人
You proved you were human.
他才是怪物
He's the monster.
你只是作出反应
You just reacted.
我很高兴他一直没机会认识你
I'm so glad he never got a chance to know you.
你是我的避风港,Benedetta
You're my safe place, Benedetta.
我唯一的真理
My one true thing.
你大概听说Millstein要退休了
You've probably heard Millstein is retiring.
我找到接替他的人选后
While I find his replacement,
需要你们多接几宗案件
I'll need both of you to pick up a couple of extra cases.
我要把Curtis Whitaker案派给你
I'm assigning you Curtis Whitaker.
你新来乍到
You're new in town,
所以我猜你对这案件不熟
so I'm guessing you're not familiar with the case.
28岁黑人,被控去年杀害一名警♥察♥
28, black, accused of murdering a policeman last year.
Duke Andrews,波士顿警♥察♥
Duke Andrews, BPD.
Whitaker在接受第二次审判
Whitaker's on his second trial.
第一次以陪审团无法达成共识告终
The first one ended with a hung jury.
抱歉
I'm sorry,
我发言妨碍你打断我了吗
did my talking get in the way of you interrupting me?
我想接Curtis Whitaker案
I want Curtis Whitaker.
你确定吗?我本想给你简单的案件
Are you sure? I was gonna give you the easy one.
我不想要简单的案件
I don't want the easy one.
好吧
Fine.
Blair,你负责南区那个蠢蛋案
Blair, you get the dipstick from Southie,
他偷了价值一万元的龙虾
who drove off with 10 grand worth of lobster.
Millstein会跟你们汇报案情
Millstein will bring you both up to speed.
记住,我需要头条新闻帮忙
Remember, I need headlines to boost my campaign
让我选上司法部长
for state attorney general.
我想你们迅速达成有罪判决
So I want you 2 to deliver guilty verdicts efficiently and fast.
Ward,先别走
Ward, a moment?
对或错
True or false?
你在公事包里放了一把枪
You carry a...gun in your briefcase.
是的,有牌照的武器
A licensed firearm, yes.
Anton Campbell死了
Anton Campbell is dead.
我太太和我还活着
And my wife and I are alive.
我打算让我们继续活命
I intend to keep us that way.
伦敦的酒吧会让你进去
You know, they're gonna let you into bars in London town.
你甚至不必靠假证件溜进去
You don't even got to sneak in with a fake ID.
该…
Sh...
无论我爸以前和现在跟你说了什么
Whatever my dad told you, whatever he tells you,
都是谎言
is all lies.
因为他,Dominique…
And because of him, Dominique is...
她用药过量
She overdosed.
我质问他,他却只想在我能找出
I confront him and he makes me disappear
证明他有罪的证据前把我赶走
before I can find proof that he's responsible.
你知道我是对的
I mean, you know I'm right.
所以做点什么吧
So do something.
进来
Yeah.
Millstein
Millstein.
你是来找档案的
You've come in search of a file.
Curtis Whitaker
Curtis Whitaker.
那该死的案件
That goddamn case.
你确定你准备好了吗
You sure you're ready for this?
为什么会没准备好
Why wouldn't I be ready for this?
Whitaker是个废渣
Well, Whitaker's a boondoggle.
听说你♥爸♥爸过世了
And I heard you lost your dad.
五年前
You know, 5 years ago,
我在Rosie过世隔天回来工作
I came back to work the day after my Rosie died.
天大的错误
Big mistake.
我们都需要了解自己的哀恸
We all need to know our grief.
我没事
I'm A-okay.
那祝你处理这宗烂案好运了
Well, good luck shoveling this s**t.
事实上
You know, truth is
我在一审时没能让他被定罪
I didn't get a conviction on the first trial
是因为案件有很多不清楚的地方
because the case is a little fuzzy around the edges.
同时,Curtis Whitaker在监狱里
Meanwhile, Curtis Whitaker has been sitting in a cell
蹲了一年多
for over a year.
你希望我为此内疚吗
You want me to feel bad about that?
对,那会是个不错的改变
Yeah, be a nice...change.
是的,我再次来电
Yes, I'm calling again
是想追问大挖掘工作日志的情况
to follow up on the status of the Big Dig work logs.
我用传票调阅的那些
The ones I subpoenaed.
Hernando Mendoza受伤的南街工地
The South Street location where Hernando Mendoza was injured.
等等,能把我转给你的上司吗
Wait. Could you connect me to your supervisor?
Siobhan
Siobhan?
你最好对我格外贴心
You better be extra sweet to me.
Mendoza案?
The Mendoza case?
力咸工业周围的石墙简直无法穿透
The stone wall around Needham Industries is impenetrable.
我接了Curtis Whitaker的二审
Yeah, well, I'm handling Curtis Whitaker's second trial,
所以我期望一样的待遇
so I expect the same.
Guy Dan想要有罪判决
Guy Dan, he's out there gunning for a conviction.
把我和Blair当成…
Treating me and Blair like,
美国角斗士,所以…
like we're just jousting on 'American Gladiators,' so...
Whitaker的律师是谁
Who's Whitaker's lawyer?
我不知道,某个公设辩护人吧
I don't know. Some public defender.
也许我该参与
Maybe I should get involved.
我开始觉得
You know, I'm starting to think
你只是喜欢在法庭上看到我
that you just like seeing me in the courtroom.
你总是穿最好看的西装出庭
Well, it is where you wear your best suits.
谢谢
Thanks.
喂
Hello.
我就是
Speaking.
Lulu怎么了
What about Lulu?
发生了什么事
What happened?
我明白
I understand.
我会的
Will do.
我高中的朋友Lulu Harris
My high school friend Lulu Harris...
篮球队的朋友,对吧
Yeah, from your... the basketball team, right?
她死了
She's dead.
在南卡罗莱纳州发生车祸
Car accident down in South Carolina.
她把我列为近亲,这很奇怪
She listed me as her next of kin, which is bizarre.
我知道她父母在不久前过世
I know her parents died a little while ago
她没什么家人,但…
and she doesn't have much family, but...
我们已经15年没说过话了
we haven't spoken in 15 years.
你们闹翻了吗
Did you guys have a falling out?
没有,我们只是…
No, we just...
渐行渐远
drifted.
Letitia女士
Lady Letitia.
我只是来提醒你,这位Braddock
Just a friendly reminder that Braddock here
在我明天前往纽约市时
will be saving you from the bad guys
会负责保护你不被坏人侵扰
while I'm in New York City tomorrow.
任凭吩咐,Dryden女士,都交给我
Whatever you need, Miss Dryden, I'm your man.
明晚你就会忘了Rohr的存在
By end of day, you'll forget old Rohr exists.
我不太确定
Well, I don't know about that.
尽管我可能很讨厌
I mean, as annoying as I may be,
但我一钻进你的脑袋就很难抹掉了
once I'm in your head, I'm pretty hard to get out.
谢谢你,Greg
Thank you, Greg.
她是在请你离开
She wants you to leave.
谈桥上恋情的那本小说
That novel about the love affair on the bridge.
等我看完,欢迎你借去看
You're welcome to borrow the book when I'm done.
不用了
Nah, I'll pass.
你不喜欢浪漫小说吗
Not the romantic type?
浪漫是说话无趣的人
Romance is a crutch used by people
所使用的拐杖
that don't have anything interesting to say.
也许是透过说话逃避感受的人
Or is talking a crutch used by people
所使用的拐杖?
who want to avoid their feelings?
不,说话最棒了
No, talking is the best,
剧集 | 山巅之城 | 导航列表